[1.12.x] [BG] HabTech2 | Stockalike ISS Parts | 1.0.0 - The Final Update

benjee10

On 5/11/2018 at 1:24 AM, The-Doctor said:

Miss this mod so much, the production of medicine etc, made stations feel like they had an actual purpose. Are the above pics from wips and is it still being worked on?

Made my first space station using these parts, ah that was so long ago

I do have plans to revive this as a complete overhaul (with the style more in line with my reDirect parts) but I probably won't use those designs. They're pretty old now and I've learnt a lot since making them.

• 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...
23 minutes ago, Barzon Kerman said:

Get to work @Foxxonius Augustus! We need as much hype as possible!

Just to clarify, I only continue the Hype if the mod creator is ok with me doing so. A little Hype never hurt but too much can put undue pressure on creative minds. Keep up the great work @benjee10! (and do let me know if you are ok with me doing what I do best ;) )

Edit: Message received :)

Edited by Foxxonius Augustus

2 hours ago, Dragon01 said:

One that would have thermal blankets and actually use the stock PBR shader, preferably...

Not a fan of the current stock PBR implementation as a standard part shader but it's good for foils etc. so I'll be using it when they come into play. As for thermal blankets...

fiTgaOs.pngNMheULF.png

Common berthing mechanism, available both bare and with a thermal protection cover. 

FA1U9oc.png

25 minutes ago, komodo said:

Welp. I guess I need to buy more ram. 

Aiming for much better memory efficiency than my previous work, so hopefully you won't need to! Aiming to get all pressurised modules on a single 2K texture sheet, maybe with a second 2K sheet for truss parts etc. and a couple of little ones for docking ports. 

9 minutes ago, Foxxonius Augustus said:

Just to clarify, I only continue the Hype if the mod creator is ok with me doing so. A little Hype never hurt but too much can put undue pressure on creative minds. Keep up the great work @benjee10! (and do let me know if you are ok with me doing what I do best ;) )

Let's keep the hype slowly rolling - no idea when a release will be ready for this & I've got a fair bit to do on reDIRECT still. 

3 hours ago, benjee10 said:

Aiming for much better memory efficiency than my previous work, so hopefully you won't need to! Aiming to get all pressurised modules on a single 2K texture sheet, maybe with a second 2K sheet for truss parts etc. and a couple of little ones for docking ports. 

It wasn't a dig at all, I just had my tongue in my cheek as there are already so many must have packages out there that play nicely together, and here is another :) parts look awesome!

20 hours ago, Barzon Kerman said:

WOW!

Question: Will the textures be similar to BDB, or ReStock?

Aiming to match ReStock/Newer BDB stuff. Cobalt's current style is pretty close to ReStock IMO. 

17 hours ago, komodo said:

It wasn't a dig at all, I just had my tongue in my cheek as there are already so many must have packages out there that play nicely together, and here is another :) parts look awesome!

Yeah no worries! Just thought I'd clarify as some of my previous mods have been... less than efficient. 

Destiny (still needs emissives and tracking dots):

CFuVgMd.pnguJ328Ps.png

42 minutes ago, benjee10 said:

Aiming to match ReStock/Newer BDB stuff

Great! Now I need to cross my fingers and hope @CobaltWolf makes longer SIV-B fairings, so I can do shuttle style assembly missions with Apollo Block 5 when you release the updated HabTech! (Any rough estimate for release BTW?)

1 hour ago, Barzon Kerman said:

Great! Now I need to cross my fingers and hope @CobaltWolf makes longer SIV-B fairings, so I can do shuttle style assembly missions with Apollo Block 5 when you release the updated HabTech! (Any rough estimate for release BTW?)

No idea yet, I want to get another public release of ReDIRECT out before this ideally. I might put some pre-release stuff on GitHub soon though, probably when I have PMA/APAS done.

6 hours ago, benjee10 said:
On 2/7/2019 at 11:49 AM, Barzon Kerman said:

WOW!

Question: Will the textures be similar to BDB, or ReStock?

Aiming to match ReStock/Newer BDB stuff. Cobalt's current style is pretty close to ReStock IMO. 

Maybe we need a new term "ReStock-Alike"   :D