[1.12.x] [BG] HabTech2 | Stockalike ISS Parts | 1.0.0 - The Final Update

benjee10

3 hours ago, benjee10 said:

Very nice! Can’t help but notice you’re using APAS ports on Unity where there should be CBMs though!

yup! Could't make the CBM to dock, let me see if it's a problem on my end. Also, when switching to bulkheads node position is not updating, no idea if it's only on my end too.

And amazing work!! thanks a lot for revamping this!

2 hours ago, Barzon Kerman said:

I know @benjee10 is still in the initial phases of remaking Habtech, but eventually could the Challenger module from ETS be added?

Possibly as a stretch goal. ISS parts are my first priority.

30 minutes ago, Drakenex said:

yup! Could't make the CBM to dock, let me see if it's a problem on my end. Also, when switching to bulkheads node position is not updating, no idea if it's only on my end too.

And amazing work!! thanks a lot for revamping this!

Hmm. Are you sure you’re putting the CBMs in the right way? The ring of circles should be facing out, the ‘petals’ should be facing in.

Node switching is working for me.

38 minutes ago, Petrovich said:

Just downloaded the original and updated my Orbital Research Facility design, and now this!

Hide contents

This...

fySraBC.png

...is...

DjiZBfz.png

...true...

WDfFg8o.png

...HYPE!

Ng78Ggr.png

Looks like it might be time to upgrade!

Harmony/Tranquility:

gEC3zrS.png

11 minutes ago, Nexaefr said:

Can you do something like this for new solar panels?

w7L6tpJ.png

(Mod "SSTU")

I think shadowmage wrote a custom shader for that effect AFAIK which is probably beyond me, but I’ll see what I can do with the stock shaders!

On 3/4/2016 at 4:53 PM, benjee10 said:

HabTech2 | V0.1.3 | ISS Parts for KSP

pSxpmxB.png

Had it with HitchHikers? Sick of Science Labs? 

HabTech provides only highest-quality pressurised tin cans space station modules for use in constructing your ultimate habitable structure in Kerbin orbit. 

My total revamp of HabTech is still in its early stages, but you can download a stable release below, which features Unity, Destiny, Quest Joint Airlock, PMA and a few other parts - enough to get your space station off the ground so to speak, and to provide an alternative to the stock Hitchhiker and Science Lab module.

SPACEDOCK

GITHUB

Dependencies:

B9PartSwitch Community Resource Pack (bundled with the mod)

Kerbal Inventory System

Frequently Asked Questions

Q. Does HabTech2 replace HabTech?

A. No. HabTech2 exists in a separate folder in the GameData directory, meaning it won't break any existing craft files. 

Q. Where did all the parts from OG HabTech go?

A. HabTech2 is a total remake from the ground up. I've progressed a lot as an artist and a mod-maker in the three years since I first embarked on HabTech, and so many of the parts from the original need to be changed too much to fit a simple drop-in replacement model. The HabTech2 project is ongoing, and hopefully with time you will see replacements for all your favourite parts coming back. 

Q. Will you be adding X part?

A. Maybe. My core goal is to replicate every pressurised module on the US segment as well as the truss structure and external science experiments. As a stretch goal I'm going to be including cancelled modules and modules from Space Station Freedom, and possibly from alternate timelines such as Eyes Turned Skywards.

Q. What about the Russian bits?

A. Beale has you covered.

Q. I want the old HabTech back!

A. You can download the Legacy Version.

Recommended mods:

reDIRECT - Tantares - BDB - Cormorant Aeronology - Tundra Exploration - SSPXR

Any chance of uploading to Ckan?

Looking pretty sweet! Time to add to my (already) super-long KSP load time with this awesome array of new parts!

Question: If I already have B9Partswitch and CommunityResourcePack from other installs, should I update with this one?  (My existing are from about 2 weeks ago)

I'm assuming these are just bundles of the already publicly-available versions of those other mods? No other changes from this mod within those other mods' folders?

Thanks!

Edited by scottadges

1 hour ago, Cloakedwand72 said:

Any chance of uploading to Ckan?

I’m not a fan of CKAN personally, but I’ll probably do it once it’s feature complete. 

25 minutes ago, scottadges said:

Looking pretty sweet! Time to add to my (already) super-long KSP load time with this awesome array of new parts!

Question: If I already have B9Partswitch and CommunityResourcePack from other installs, should I update with this one?  (My existing are from about 2 weeks ago)

I'm assuming these are just bundles of the already publicly-available versions of those other mods? No other changes from this mod within those other mods' folders?

Thanks!

I’ve just bundled the latest releases on each, so just use whichever is newer (between what’s included and what’s available as a separate download)

22 minutes ago, sslaptnhablhat said:

Are there active and passive variants of the CBM and APAS ports like in CxA, or are they androgynous?

They’re androgynous. There isn’t a huge amount of difference between active and passive CBMs and APAS visually so it’s just a layer of complexity I’m not hugely interested in simulating. 

4 hours ago, Davian Lin said:

What about IVA's?

They'll come further down the line but aren't a priority. 

4 hours ago, TheAceOfHearts said:

Would it be possible to make the CBM thermal covers a KIS-attachable/removable part? 

Would add a bit too much complexity I think. Currently they are switchable in flight using B9PartSwitch.