[1.12.x] [BG] HabTech2 | Stockalike ISS Parts | 1.0.0 - The Final Update

benjee10

16 hours ago, benjee10 said:

I’m not a fan of CKAN personally, but I’ll probably do it once it’s feature complete. 

I’ve just bundled the latest releases on each, so just use whichever is newer (between what’s included and what’s available as a separate download)

They’re androgynous. There isn’t a huge amount of difference between active and passive CBMs and APAS visually so it’s just a layer of complexity I’m not hugely interested in simulating. 

Ok. Is it at least AVC compatible? And does this work with latest game version?

26 minutes ago, Drakenex said:

Old ones are perfectly fine, why redoing them?

I can do a better job now, and some of the proportions of the modules have changed. I’d just prefer to have a completely fresh start.

5 minutes ago, Cloakedwand72 said:

Ok. Is it at least AVC compatible? And does this work with latest game version?

It should be pretty much version agnostic back to about 1.3.1 providing you can get appropriate versions of the dependencies (B9 & KIS). As the title of the thread says this is designed specifically for 1.6+ and bundles versions of the dependencies appropriate for that.

I’ll look into AVC but there’s nothing in the HabTech parts themselves that should really affect comparability at all, only in the dependencies, and they should be handling that themselves. The way models and part .cfgs work hasn’t changed since the dawn of the game really AFAIK.

13 minutes ago, benjee10 said:

I’ll look into AVC but there’s nothing in the HabTech parts themselves that should really affect comparability at all, only in the dependencies, and they should be handling that themselves. The way models and part .cfgs work hasn’t changed since the dawn of the game really AFAIK.

AVC just requires a .version file, which is a JSON text file with a few pieces of info:

http://ksp.cybutek.net/miniavc/Documents/README.htm

(You can also include MiniAVC, if you want - but if you don't, people using the full AVC will still have the check, as long as you have the version files in place.)

On 2/16/2019 at 2:20 PM, Drakenex said:

Also, when switching to bulkheads node position is not updating, no idea if it's only on my end too.

It's not just you, but there isn't much of a reason not to use modules without bulkheads so I don't think it's much of an issue.

On 2/16/2019 at 8:35 PM, benjee10 said:

Looks like it might be time to upgrade!

Harmony/Tranquility:

gEC3zrS.png

Hot dang, that looks good.

Also, any chance of implementing Textures Unlimited support? I can't help but think the modules would look even better with it.

1 hour ago, sslaptnhablhat said:

It's not just you, but there isn't much of a reason not to use modules without bulkheads so I don't think it's much of an issue.

Hot dang, that looks good.

Also, any chance of implementing Textures Unlimited support? I can't help but think the modules would look even better with it.

Can I ask what KSP and B9PartSwitch version you’re using, and any other mods that could be causing conflicts? Not having any problems with node switching my end.

Textures Unlimited support isn’t something I’m particularly interested in personally but if it’s relatively simple to implement as an optional config I’ll see what I can do.

GitHub download has been updated to include Harmony & Columbus - SpaceDock update will come when Kibo/JEM is done. 

26 minutes ago, benjee10 said:

Can I ask what KSP and B9PartSwitch version you’re using, and any other mods that could be causing conflicts? Not having any problems with node switching my end.

My bad! Old and old, updated and works perfect now.

Downloading!!!

Just now, The-Doctor said:

Love it missed this mod. What functionality will the habs have? Will you still be able to make things like medicine? 

That feature hasn't been implemented at this stage, I'm currently looking at a few different options to give the parts some compelling gameplay functionality. For now they just function like the stock science lab but it certainly isn't my intention for them to stay that way!

On 2/21/2019 at 5:28 PM, sslaptnhablhat said:

Unless you want to do what I did and incorporate a centrifuge (from DSEV) into a module.

Edited by AdmiralSirJohn
Wrong expansion.

Update 0.1.5 is now on the GitHub, featuring the pressurised components of the Japanese Experiment Module (Kibo) and the Multipurpose Logistics Module/Permanent Logistics Module. I've also added the proposed Laboratory Node (a combined lab/node module for a more budget-friendly station). A few parts still need a bit of polish in the configs and stuff like flag decals and ladder transforms. I also did a pass on the thermal tolerances of the parts which definitely wasn't purely so I could watch them explode spectacularly on reentry after every single part test in game

Also I noticed that a number of modules were oriented incorrectly along the Y axis by 180 degrees in previous versions, which has been corrected. This shouldn't have any major implications for anything you already have built EXCEPT in the case of Quest and the PMA - I'd advise that you detach and deorbit any Quest Airlocks or PMAs you have on existing vessels before installing this update, ESPECIALLY in the case of the PMA as this results in the visual model not matching up with the node definitions. 

Screenshot tax, feat. reDIRECT Orion:

Screen_Shot_2019-02-23_at_21.35.08.png?w

Screen_Shot_2019-02-23_at_21.35.18.png?w

Screen_Shot_2019-02-23_at_21.37.13.png?w

The next update will add the Cupola & be an overall balance pass for the existing parts.

The new parts look superb, but a small request, could you include Snacks! compatibility and fill the MPLM with additional Snacks resource?
EDIT: Just realised you're making insane progress with this mod, you're practically on par with CxA already in terms of the IRL components.
EDIT 2: The aft (bottom when viewing in VAB) node of Harmony is a little broken, the CBM floats above it slightly and I can't radially attach anything properly (the latter is also true for Columbus).

Edited by golkaidakhaana

1 hour ago, Barzon Kerman said:

Can you add control points to the nodes?

I don’t want the modules themselves to provide control in keeping with the stock station parts. The Z-1 truss and cupola or the Russian portion will provide this functionality - however you can ‘control from here’ from a CBM if you just need the orientation on the navball.

1 hour ago, sslaptnhablhat said:

The new parts look superb, but a small request, could you include Snacks! compatibility and fill the MPLM with additional Snacks resource?
EDIT: Just realised you're making insane progress with this mod, you're practically on par with CxA already in terms of the IRL components.
EDIT 2: The aft (bottom when viewing in VAB) node of Harmony is a little broken, the CBM floats above it slightly and I can't radially attach anything properly (the latter is also true for Columbus).

Definitely planning life support comparability down the line. Could you send a screenshot of the issue you’re having? I can’t replicate it here.

4 minutes ago, Gunslinger1 said:

Are we going to get a science pallet for KIBO?

Definitely!

1 minute ago, benjee10 said:

Could you send a screenshot of the issue you’re having? I can’t replicate it here.

It's a little difficult to provide screenshots, but the CBM on the bottom port of Harmony hovers ever so slightly, not quite enough to be noticible at a glance, and I can't surface-attach stuff to the bottom sides of Harmony and Tranquility properly without them clipping into the hull or floating above it, perpendicular to the sides of the module. The latter should be quite easy to replicate.

On 2/24/2019 at 12:04 AM, sslaptnhablhat said:

It's a little difficult to provide screenshots, but the CBM on the bottom port of Harmony hovers ever so slightly, not quite enough to be noticible at a glance, and I can't surface-attach stuff to the bottom sides of Harmony and Tranquility properly without them clipping into the hull or floating above it, perpendicular to the sides of the module. The latter should be quite easy to replicate.

Node placement should be fixed in latest update - it was actually the bulkhead game object that I had slightly misaligned in Unity. Not able to replicate the floating/clipping surface attached parts issue.

0.1.6 is now available on SpaceDock and GitHub!

Here's a little render of the parts:

5DDmXmi.png

Also includes lots of work in the configs - the science labs all provide different science bonuses now, although they don't have their own experiments or resource converters yet. Kibo ("Tomodachi") is able to function as an externally accessible KIS container, mirroring the function of the real-life Kibo's airlock. I will be adding this function to Quest too. The logistics modules are only accessible internally. 

The science labs are differentiated by maximum science gains, research speeds, crew requirements and power draw, as well as the bonus they provide to experiments. For example, Kibo can produce a very large amount of science over a very long period of time (simulating crystal growth). Destiny's experiments are faster but require a lot of power, and Columbus (simulating life science) can produce results very quickly and with low power but with a lower maximum ceiling for science results. 

22 minutes ago, benjee10 said:

5DDmXmi.png

Wow, the cupola looks superb, even just from the picture.

22 minutes ago, benjee10 said:

Not able to replicate the floating/clipping surface attached parts issue.

I'll keep tinkering to see whether this is a problem on my end, if not I'll provide some screenshots and try to describe it in greater detail.

Edited by golkaidakhaana

This is the issue I'm experiencing:

Surface attach on the top of Harmony's bulkhead works fine...

lLAz9M6.jpg

...but on the bottom bulkhead, they're placed as if it's a sort-of 'top-sided' surface attach:

0ab9cyv.jpg

I mentioned that the same applied to Columbus' bottom bulkhead, but this seemed to have fixed itself:

Nbu2YJt.jpg

I'm using the dependencies included with the latest update.

9 minutes ago, AdmiralSirJohn said:

Where did you find Pirs and Poisk?  I've been looking for them for a long time... 

Tantares has a lovely Pirs/Poisk

Image result for tantares poisk

That Cupola looks absolutely fabulous @benjee10

Edited by TheRedTom
Adding feedback