Update 1.1 enters experimental testing

KasperVld

8 hours ago, RW-1 said:

I don't think of it as a throwaway career, I play stock, so supposedly this time around I may upgrade without loss. If so, no biggie hehehe.

Be warned that using betas does not guarantee this... there was a dev post a few days ago saying the test version may not upgrade to release ^^;

3 hours ago, Renegrade said:

It's been said in other forums that the OpenGL render path for Unity has been much improved for 5.  The degree of performance improvement remains to be seen (and that would still be covered under NDA) as it might not be a universal thing (ie if only shader performance has improved, KSP would only see a small improvement).

Thanks for that. In reading my post, I see I might have padded and worded my question weirdly. What I meant was will KSP 1.1 in Windows operate as stable as 1.0.5 does in Linux? Specifically 64 bit. I just want to get past that 4 gig barrier in Windows, unless Windows itself is the bottleneck. I am, of course, referring to 64 bit Windows. I have 10, but I haven't run KSP in it yet. I was running (and crashing) KSP in Win7 64 prior to switching to Linux. 

Of course, the experimental team can't say how it's going, but Squad could. 

Hey, Squad! Any overall sense of how experimentals is progressing? Are they finding more issues than you expected? Less? Have you had to rethink any significant features, and do you have a sense of whether you're on track?

4 hours ago, jonrd463 said:

Thanks for that. In reading my post, I see I might have padded and worded my question weirdly. What I meant was will KSP 1.1 in Windows operate as stable as 1.0.5 does in Linux? Specifically 64 bit. I just want to get past that 4 gig barrier in Windows, unless Windows itself is the bottleneck. I am, of course, referring to 64 bit Windows. I have 10, but I haven't run KSP in it yet. I was running (and crashing) KSP in Win7 64 prior to switching to Linux. 

Their posts in the past seemed to suggest that it would be a proper, fully supported platform, and that suggests to me that it would be stable.  Unfortunately that's just conjecture until we see it live for ourselves... :/

We'll have to wait and see to know for sure.  I wouldn't make any plans to move back though - the wisest course of action for these things has always been "hope for the best, but prepare for the worst".

54 minutes ago, Perry Apsis said:

course, the experimental team can't say how it's going, but Squad could.

Oh, absolutely.

Ok, since you all want info from Exp : 
The first time you launch you will notice that ████ █████ ████ is ███ ██████ ████ before. I now ███ a ████████ ██ fps in ███ █████████, even with ████████ █████ ██████. ██████ use ██ ████████ and █████ ██████.
The new ████████ ███ ███ ███████ and ████ jaw ████ ████ ███████ ████. The █████ need ████ ██████ ███ █ ██ sure ███ ████ ████ ███ the release. 
Great fun

9 minutes ago, sarbian said:

The first time you launch you will notice that ████ █████ ████ is ███ ██████ ████ before. I now ███ a ████████ ██ fps in ███ █████████, even with ████████ █████ ██████. ██████ use ██ ████████ and █████ ██████.
The new ████████ ███ ███ ███████ and ████ jaw ████ ████ ███████ ████. The █████ need ████ ██████ ███ █ ██ sure ███ ████ ████ ███ the release. 
Great fun

You evil, evil man....

I like it!

1 hour ago, sarbian said:

Great fun

--- DECODING   INITIALIZED ---

The first time you launch you will notice that 4 5 4 is 3 6 4 before. I now 3 a 8 2 fps in 3 9, even with 8 5 6. 6 use 2 8 and 5 6.
The new 8 3 3 7 and 4 jaw 4 4 7 4. The 5 need 4 6 3 1 2 sure 3 4 4 3 the release.

--- PROCESSING ---

The first time you launch you will notice that LOAD EVERY FILE is LOT FASTER THAN before. I now SEE a STUNNING 60 fps in ALL SCENARIOS, even with SETTINGS MAXED ALLOUT. SOUNDS use AN ORIGINAL and NEWER SYSTEM.

The new GRAPHICS ARE NOW UPDATED and DROP jaw FROM FULL COMPANY HERE. The PARTS need LESS MEMORY AND I AM sure YOU FIND MODS FOR the release. 

--- TASK   COMPLETE ---

Nice try, attempting to throw me off with intentional errors in orthography, grammar and syntax!

2 minutes ago, NeuralMe said:

@KerbMav Can you tell us how you did it? Did you just filled the gaps because you knew the general meaning, or did you use some kind of algo?

I counted the black blotches in Notepad and squeezed my brain - supported by an online thesaurus - for words that had the appropriate number of characters. :confused:

And your question and that you registered to the forums just to ask this question is either the sweetest thing that happened today or a clever counter-prank. :D

1 hour ago, Dreambish said:

Is it SQUAD staff protocol not to give estimations on HOW LONG TO THE DAMN  PUBLIC EXPERIMENtals

i'm sorry everyone.

pece

The Hype was too strong

First off, that question has been asked and answered more times than I care to count in this thread. 

Second (and I apologize if I'm making an incorrect assumption about your intent) if you're excited about the pre-release just because you want to play with the new toy sooner, then you're excited for the wrong reasons. 

It's intended purpose is to 1) give modders an early look at the internals of the update to get their mods out quicker, and 2) to get a wider base of players to look for bugs that experimentals missed. 

4 hours ago, KerbMav said:

The first time you launch you will notice that 4 5 4 is 3 6 4 before. I now 3 a 8 2 fps in 3 9, even with 8 5 6. 6 use 2 8 and 5 6.
The new 8 3 3 7 and 4 jaw 4 4 7 4. The 5 need 4 6 3 1 2 sure 3 4 4 3 the release.

--- PROCESSING ---

The first time you launch you will notice that LOAD EVERY FILE is LOT FASTER THAN before. I now SEE a STUNNING 60 fps in ALL SCENARIOS, even with SETTINGS MAXED ALLOUT. SOUNDS use AN ORIGINAL and NEWER SYSTEM.

The new GRAPHICS ARE NOW UPDATED and DROP jaw FROM FULL COMPANY HERE. The PARTS need LESS MEMORY AND I AM sure YOU FIND MODS FOR the release. 

--- TASK   COMPLETE ---

Here's my own brain squeezin's:

--- PROCESSING ---

The first time you launch you will notice that GAME START TIME is WAY FASTER THAN before.  I now SEE a GLORIOUS 80 fps in ALL SCENARIOS, even with GRAPHICS LEVEL PEGGED.  MEMORY use IS IMPROVED and LOADS FASTER.

The new TEXTURES ARE ALL DYNAMIC and YOUR jaw WILL DROP TOTALLY OPEN.  The FLAGS need MORE POLISH BUT I AM SURE YOU WILL LOVE the release.

1 hour ago, Anglave said:

Here's my own brain squeezin's:

--- PROCESSING ---

The first time you launch you will notice that GAME START TIME is WAY FASTER THAN before.  I now SEE a GLORIOUS 80 fps in ALL SCENARIOS, even with GRAPHICS LEVEL PEGGED.  MEMORY use IS IMPROVED and LOADS FASTER.

The new TEXTURES ARE ALL DYNAMIC and YOUR jaw WILL DROP TOTALLY OPEN.  The FLAGS need MORE POLISH BUT I AM SURE YOU WILL LOVE the release.

/salute

4 hours ago, FullMetalMachinist said:

First off, that question has been asked and answered more times than I care to count in this thread. 

Second (and I apologize if I'm making an incorrect assumption about your intent) if you're excited about the pre-release just because you want to play with the new toy sooner, then you're excited for the wrong reasons. 

It's intended purpose is to 1) give modders an early look at the internals of the update to get their mods out quicker, and 2) to get a wider base of players to look for bugs that experimentals missed. 

#2, really.

Edited by Starwaster

6 hours ago, Dreambish said:

Is it SQUAD staff protocol not to give estimations on HOW LONG TO THE DAMN  PUBLIC EXPERIMENtals

i'm sorry everyone.

pece

The Hype was too strong

Yes, it is a policy not to announce dates for this sort of thing. People wildly over-react if the date has to be moved, so it's just more drama than it's worth. 

16 hours ago, KerbMav said:

Could not help myself, lol... but this is as far as I could get with it, today  ;)

The first time you launch you will notice that  ROCK COVER SONG  is  NOT PLAYED LIKE  before.
I now  SEE  a  CONSTANT 30  fps in  OUR TESTBENCH ,  even with  JEBEDIAH BOOTS INSIDE.
ALWAYS  use  IN  PARMESAN  and  CREAM CHEESE.

Many thanks @sarbian for the [redacted] inside scoop. A decoder ring wasn't included, so we're doing the best we can...

Edited by basic.syntax

9 hours ago, FullMetalMachinist said:

Firstly, that was an attack of Hype and should not be taken seriously :D

Secondly, I feel like they haven't given us a time estimation at all. They've said "after Experimentals", which says as much as "soon".

Thirdly, I'm an asshat. Feel free to ignore me. :P

Edited by Dreambish
Grammar bad person