Update 1.1 enters experimental testing

KasperVld

Hi everyone,

This is quick note to let everyone know that as of 01:12 UTC today, update 1.1 for Kerbal Space Program has entered experimental testing.

As most of you will know, experimental testing is usually the last phase before release, however with update 1.1 we're tacking on a public pre-release testing phase that will last for around two weeks. Due to technical limitations we can only offer this pre-release to those of you who have bought the game through Steam. If we repeat this process in the future we'll look into ways of making it available to everyone where possible. If you wish to learn more about the pre-release branch you can read Ted's recent Developer Article on the testing process for 1.1.

6 minutes ago, Zalloon said:

Hi KasperVId, thanks for the good news!!

But how can we access this update via Steam? Still can't find anything in the Steam game properties here....

The Experimentals builds are still internally tested, it's the prerelease that will be publicly available. That takes place after Experimentals. :)

7 minutes ago, Zalloon said:

Hi KasperVId, thanks for the good news!!

But how can we access this update via Steam? Still can't find anything in the Steam game properties here....

21 minutes ago, KasperVld said:

experimental testing is usually the last phase before release, however with update 1.1 we're tacking on a public pre-release testing phase that will last for around two weeks.

Meaning that the public pre release will be available towards the end of experimentals, i.e. not yet 

Edit: staff ninja'd

Edited by FullMetalMachinist

3 minutes ago, Ted said:

The Experimentals builds are still internally tested, it's the prerelease that will be publicly available. That takes place after Experimentals. :)

Oh... ok, thanks for clarifying! :rolleyes:

Just now, SpaceplaneAddict said:

For steam users, will you guys be putting out a code for us to opt in with, or will it automagically show up in my Betas tab?

This post is about experimentals. For folks on the experimentals team, there is already a process for that sorted out in the experimentals documentation.

4 minutes ago, Claw said:

This post is about experimentals. For folks on the experimentals team, there is already a process for that sorted out in the experimentals documentation.

Heh, I guess this is the wrong place to ask about the pre-release?

I remain highly displeased that the new KSP will be made available to others before being made available to me despite paying full price, simply because I didn't buy it through Steam.
I know it's not what was intended, but it reeks in the same way as GameStop exclusive promotions.

I don't wanna hear about how I should just suck it up for two weeks and be rewarded with a less buggy version. I'm not one of those people who go around complaining that the game is ruined every time I find a tiny problem, who make woefully uninformative "bug reports," or who rage at SQUAD for bugs that aren't their fault. I want the new KSP as soon as possible, buggy or not!

29 minutes ago, parameciumkid said:

I remain highly displeased that the new KSP will be made available to others before being made available to me despite paying full price, simply because I didn't buy it through Steam.
I know it's not what was intended, but it reeks in the same way as GameStop exclusive promotions.

I don't wanna hear about how I should just suck it up for two weeks and be rewarded with a less buggy version. I'm not one of those people who go around complaining that the game is ruined every time I find a tiny problem, who make woefully uninformative "bug reports," or who rage at SQUAD for bugs that aren't their fault. I want the new KSP as soon as possible, buggy or not!

29 minutes ago, AlextheBodacious said:

Oh boy experimentals!

Oh... steam... :(

Man! I feel for you guys, you kinda got the short stick.

Just now, mcirish3 said:

Man! I feel for you guys, you kinda got the short stick.

I had seen there were extra perks for buying it from the store... also, steam dumps all those files that I don't need because I really don't play anything else besides Orbiter (yes, still) and WoWs...

(and if that's not bad enough, I spend time on Google earth flight sim. I know, I'm such a loser)