[1.3.x] Kerbin Side GAP

Keniamin

On ‎14‎.‎09‎.‎2017 at 7:40 PM, Aspira said:

Hi, I am having trouble to complete contracts with this mod.

I have the contract - Flight: Kerbin's Bottom -->The Shelf.

I can't check the paramater "Has All Passengers Aboard", even though I have an aircraft commander aboard. Gus and Virmund Kerman are green checked, but I can't load then into the aircraft, even though I have crew spots available. They wont show on  the IVA windows at the bottom.

I am guessing they cant use crew spots, but I can't find what kind of cockipt they use. I do use Unmanned Before Manned, so that may be changing my parts available on tech tree. Anyway I can't figure out how, or to find a tutorial for this mod.

Thank you for any help.

Hello! Honestly, I didn't understand you problem completely, but I'll try to clarify some points about playing with my mod.

1. "Has All Passengers Aboard" and "Has an Aircraft Commander Aboard" are two different goals that must be completed separately at one moment. That is, you have to have an aircraft commander AND all other requested crew members AND all passengers in your aircraft at the same time.
2. Names for kerbals are randomly generated, so I don't know who Gus and Virmund are :) But supposing they are your passengers, "are green checked" (while not actually boarded) really may be a bug. I reported something like this in Contract Configurator issues, don't know if it is already resolved or not.
3. I didn't checked my mod with Unmanned Before Manned, but I think it's obvious that to make a flight you have to use some manned module :) Exact type of module (and it's position in the Tech Tree) has no matter.
4. "wont show on the IVA windows" - I think THIS is actually a problem. You really have to load specified kerbals into your aircraft physically. To do this first get a control on the kerbal: you need to be close enough to him (it is definitely so if you launched your aircraft at the departure base, Kerbin's Bottom in your case) and press one of the "select previous/next vehicle" buttons ([ and ] by default). Then walk with him to your aircraft, get closer to boarding hatch of your manned module and when text "Board" appears press "board" button (B by default). Note that module must have an empty slot (not whole aircraft, exactly this module; if it has no places you can transfer any kerbal from it to other module). If all is ok your kerbal would disappear from environment, aircraft would become an active vessel and kerbal would be among IVA portraits. Repeat this with all other kerbals and your target "Has All Passengers Aboard" would be marked as done.

I hope it would be enough. If you're still having a problems please give me more information (ideally with screenshots or you can send me your save file), I'll try to help you.

me and a buddy trying to play these missions with DMP multiplayer mod...

:/  multiplayer doesnt let you switch vessels i guess?? . i try to control passengers from tracking station and it never lets me select fly or recover, theyre grayed out.. i can terminate them though...

dunno how to put them into the plane

maybe make mission variants where the tourists are like vanilla game in the hangar crew list??

.. or oh well i guess...

17 hours ago, CaoCao said:

me and a buddy trying to play these missions with DMP multiplayer mod...

:/  multiplayer doesnt let you switch vessels i guess?? . i try to control passengers from tracking station and it never lets me select fly or recover, theyre grayed out.. i can terminate them though...

dunno how to put them into the plane

maybe make mission variants where the tourists are like vanilla game in the hangar crew list??

.. or oh well i guess...

1. You cannot get a control on these kerbals using the Tracking Station in an original (unmodded) game too. To do this you have to have your real vessel (started as usual from VAB or SPH) quite close to the kerbal (less that approx. 2 km, as I remember) and then use "select previous/next vehicle" buttons ([ and ] by default). Don't know anything about disabling these buttons by DMP mod, but the Tracking Station is not an option anyway.

2. There ARE some missions with the tourists in the hangar crew list, namely tourist, charter and business flights. Kerbals that you need to pick up somewhere in the world are spawned only for business and service flights.

• 1 month later...

First of all, thank you for the really nice mod :)

One issue about the contracts with lots of passengers (that aren't standing around at the starting location, but that you have to load when you "Launch") - how are they supposed to be done without losing money, considerng that most bases have a reduced vessel recovery payoff, and the Mk3 passenger module itself costs 100k (meaning that if you do recover the plane at a base with only, say, 75% recovery, you lose at the very least 25k per 16 passengers)? You can't just leave the planes standing around at the bases for new contracts since you won't be able to load the passengers onto the plane (unless the hangar upgrades should work someday I suppose), so at this point, you usually need to fly the plane back to the KSC if you don't want to lose any money (with the exception of "matching" start- and endpoints where the start gives you a reduction in launch cost to at least make up for the reduced recovery at the end point).

Edited by Phelan

• 2 weeks later...

Hi there, I'm not sure if this is a GAP issue or a Kerbal Konstructs issue but I have no ground stations to unlock. I think it may be more of a KK issue and I have posted on their topic too but I figured someone here was likely to have had the same issue. 

So in detail: 

I have KK and Kerbin Side GAP (no other KerbinSide mods). 

The KSC appears with the KK icon. 

There is only one other landing spot that can be purchased on the other side of Kerbin. 

There are no ground stations to purchase. 

There are no other launch pads. 

This is a new career so I am not sure on whether DSN is working from the other ground stations. 

Any and all help appreciated. 

EDIT: Got it, I was missing Kerbin Side Core + Continued. 

Edited by Alexology

• 1 month later...

Hey man I love your mod it gives great purpose for my transport and early tech designs and yhe whole kerbin side mod! Honestly wouldnt be having fun without it. I do have one issue tho, when I take contracts for KSC for example the KSC>Jebs Island business or tourist mission I can not get it to complete. I launch from the runway because my VAB is level 1 so no helipad, my launch from starting point will not check. I have all passengers and all crew I need but i cant get the checkmark to go when i launch from KSC runway, and when I go to select the runway from the list of launch places it will say "KSC runway" and be opened but when i click on that it takes me to "Dull spot" so ive just been using the default launch button to spawn on runway but it still wont check off the starting point. Even if i spawn with no passengers I still get the message to pop up asking if i would like to load them but can not get the starting point objective completed?? Im using lvl 2 runway is that the issue? 

• 3 weeks later...
On 18.01.2018 at 8:02 PM, Controllerless said:

Hey man I love your mod it gives great purpose for my transport and early tech designs and yhe whole kerbin side mod! Honestly wouldnt be having fun without it. I do have one issue tho, when I take contracts for KSC for example the KSC>Jebs Island business or tourist mission I can not get it to complete. I launch from the runway because my VAB is level 1 so no helipad, my launch from starting point will not check. I have all passengers and all crew I need but i cant get the checkmark to go when i launch from KSC runway, and when I go to select the runway from the list of launch places it will say "KSC runway" and be opened but when i click on that it takes me to "Dull spot" so ive just been using the default launch button to spawn on runway but it still wont check off the starting point. Even if i spawn with no passengers I still get the message to pop up asking if i would like to load them but can not get the starting point objective completed?? Im using lvl 2 runway is that the issue? 

Sorry for a long waiting, it took some time to check your report. Yes, it's a bug. I calculated launch site using runway level 3, and (what a mess) other levels have other launch points indeed.
Thank you for finding this issue! Tried to fix it, see Kerbin Side GAP v2.3 release.

On 05.02.2018 at 6:34 PM, slaintemaith said:

Okay, I'll be the idiot who asks it:
Will this work with a Real Solar System-based install?  I figure the easy answer is 'no,' but there might be config files somewhere that allow it.

Well... I'll be the idiot who asks it: will Kerbin Side itself work with Real Solar System? :)
Joking apart, as far as i know RSS reconfiguring the planet's surface, so the original locations of the Kerbin Side bases might become very useless, in the middle of the ocean, for example.
If there is a config for Kerbin Side, that corresponds the RSS surface, Kerbin Side GAP may be adapted for it. Though it is a bulk of work (actually, this approximately means re-select all positions for all bases again, comparable with creating Kerbin Side GAP from the beginning).

Edited by Keniamin

This looks absolutely fantastic!

Are there any plans to include some of this airport expansion for Console?

And, since I'm asking about console, is there any work being done to make a joystick function for PS4 console aircraft?

If this becomes a DLC for PS4,  I would buy it for my KSP Enhanced Edition.

I like the idea of being able to put some of the aircraft I've built to some in-game play purpose.

I have no idea if the console version is ever really going to get off the ground, but a patch is in the works and this would be a welcome addition to the regular un-modded console game.

Even just adding a half a dozen runways here and there around Kerban would be marvellous. Don't need to worry about complex activities at these locations, just the fact that there would be some different airfields for us console Kerbals to fly to and land at.

Here are  (of course) a few different ideas for contracts;

-requiring players to simply land at a specific runway for contract completion ("snacks delivered, fly back to home base")

-do a certain number of touch and go at a certain runway ( don't crash)

-get there and back with or without re-fuel

-get to a certain runway in a hurry, (speed run land and stop)

-haul a thumper booster to location ( or several of them, either all at once or individually, up to player to decide)

Cheers!

• 4 weeks later...

My tourists are staying in the roster after contract completion:

Spoiler

(Filename: /home/builduser/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/generated/common/runtime/UnityEngineDebugBindings.gen.cpp Line: 42)

Awarding 20228 funds to player for contract completion

(Filename: /home/builduser/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/generated/common/runtime/UnityEngineDebugBindings.gen.cpp Line: 42)

Awarding 2 reputation to player for contract completion

Added 1.169018 (2) reputation: 'ContractReward'.

[Applicants List Error]: Cannot give up Danwise Kerman for dead, is not MIA

[Applicants List Error]: Cannot give up Melfry Kerman for dead, is not MIA

[Applicants List Error]: Cannot give up Deul Kerman for dead, is not MIA

[Applicants List Error]: Cannot give up Julburry Kerman for dead, is not MIA

[Applicants List Error]: Cannot give up Jaley Kerman for dead, is not MIA

[Applicants List Error]: Cannot give up Barlock Kerman for dead, is not MIA

[Applicants List Error]: Cannot give up Chaddock Kerman for dead, is not MIA

[Applicants List Error]: Cannot give up Milgard Kerman for dead, is not MIA

[Applicants List Error]: Cannot give up Wehrbus Kerman for dead, is not MIA

[Applicants List Error]: Cannot give up Bilfred Kerman for dead, is not MIA

[Applicants List Error]: Cannot give up Urdas Kerman for dead, is not MIA

[Applicants List Error]: Cannot give up Biller Kerman for dead, is not MIA

[Applicants List Error]: Cannot give up Jedski Kerman for dead, is not MIA

[Applicants List Error]: Cannot give up Sheldrin Kerman for dead, is not MIA

[Applicants List Error]: Cannot give up Kimson Kerman for dead, is not MIA

[Applicants List Error]: Cannot give up Agake Kerman for dead, is not MIA

[Applicants List Error]: Cannot give up Catsy Kerman for dead, is not MIA

[Applicants List Error]: Cannot give up Milemy Kerman for dead, is not MIA

[Applicants List Error]: Cannot give up Fredzer Kerman for dead, is not MIA

[Applicants List Error]: Cannot give up Duning Kerman for dead, is not MIA

[Applicants List Error]: Cannot give up Melbrett Kerman for dead, is not MIA

[Applicants List Error]: Cannot give up Danrigh Kerman for dead, is not MIA

[Applicants List Error]: Cannot give up Herdard Kerman for dead, is not MIA

[Applicants List Error]: Cannot give up Richbrett Kerman for dead, is not MIA

[Applicants List Error]: Cannot give up Lemeny Kerman for dead, is not MIA

Contract (Flight: South Hope -> Lodnie Isles): Your flight successfully completed.

KSP 1.3.1, Latest available Kerbinside, Kerbinside Skyways & Kerbin Side GAP.

4 hours ago, nightingale said:

Once all the applicable mods are updated to 1.4.1

That will be a while. I wasn't actually planning on upgrading KSP any time soon.
If you fixed it for the  1.4.1 release of CC, any chance of a backport?

1 hour ago, steve_v said:

That will be a while. I wasn't actually planning on upgrading KSP any time soon.
If you fixed it for the  1.4.1 release of CC, any chance of a backport?

All I fixed was to get rid of the error message - the error message wasn't 'causing your issue.  And nope, I'm only just getting back into modding, I'm not going to backport anything - it's a huge pain to test/maintain against two versions.

• 3 weeks later...
On 31.03.2018 at 2:11 PM, Bottle Rocketeer 500 said:

@Keniamin Which game version is 2.3 for?

Mod itself contains only config files, so does not require compilation for some specified version of KSP. Thought, it depends on Contract Configuratior and Kerbin Side. So, the answer is: any game version, for which Contract Configuratior and Kerbin Side can be installed.

Not sure if Kerbin Side already released for 1.4.x.

• 1 month later...
18 hours ago, theonegalen said:

Also, @Eskandare has just released the magnificent KerbinSide Remastered!

https://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/174336-kerbin-side-remastered-14x/

Sadly, all the launch sites for this mod don't exist for that mod. Still, I might try to use this mod's config generator, along with custom configs using KS Remastered's statics.

• 4 weeks later...
On 5/2/2018 at 5:57 AM, theonegalen said:

Also, @Eskandare has just released the magnificent KerbinSide Remastered!

On 5/31/2018 at 6:56 PM, Rallyman03 said:

Any update to this mod? Just downloaded kerbinside remastered and would love to do these contracts.

I've tried KS remastered and it is absolutely awesome. Seriously, love this mod.

But the problem is, like @Bottle Rocketeer 500 said, that remastered mod contain other bases, not related to original Kerbin Side (except main KSC and the old one). Moreover, there are only a few of bases. I don't see interesting net of routes between only these bases (routes between new and old bases will not work without old Kerbin Side). And, honestly, I don't have a time to add all them to KerbinSide GAP (because it is comparable with creating routes list from the beginning again).

On 5/3/2018 at 12:06 AM, Bottle Rocketeer 500 said:

Sadly, all the launch sites for this mod don't exist for that mod. Still, I might try to use this mod's config generator, along with custom configs using KS Remastered's statics.

I don't have a time to add them by myself, but my mod is still open-source and open for contributions. You are welcome with your pull-requests, I'll check them and rebuild the mod to include them in the "official" release (and thus CKAN). And you're welcome with your questions, if any, either in the private messages here on the forum, or at the GitHub.

1 hour ago, Keniamin said:

I've tried KS remastered and it is absolutely awesome. Seriously, love this mod.

But the problem is, like @Bottle Rocketeer 500 said, that remastered mod contain other bases, not related to original Kerbin Side (except main KSC and the old one). Moreover, there are only a few of bases. I don't see interesting net of routes between only these bases (routes between new and old bases will not work without old Kerbin Side). And, honestly, I don't have a time to add all them to KerbinSide GAP (because it is comparable with creating routes list from the beginning again).

I don't have a time to add them by myself, but my mod is still open-source and open for contributions. You are welcome with your pull-requests, I'll check them and rebuild the mod to include them in the "official" release (and thus CKAN). And you're welcome with your questions, if any, either in the private messages here on the forum, or at the GitHub.

Once KSR gets populated with airfields, launchpads, and other facilities, I'd love to pitch in on this as well. KS has always created a wonderful sense of exploration and sandbox fun on Kerbin itself. To heck with all those planets. ;)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.