So what happens when you reply to spam email?

Spaceception

I haven't watched the video yet (will amend post afterward), but one time I replied to spam I got after doing a school project. We had been assigned to look up car insurance, apartments, etc. so as to predict our standard of living with a typical job, and the car insurance place ended up sending me mail afterward thinking I actually wanted to buy a car.
I sent a reply saying it was for a school project, so I wasn't actually car shopping and they should remove me from their list. I never received any more emails from them, so I assume it worked xD
'Course this was about 8 years ago. I'm sure if I tried that today they'd just sign me up to also get emails about Ugg boots and one simple trick to lose 37 pounds. xP

You just got on their mailing list. Their compliance with your request to be removed from the list is an evidence that they are at least a half decent business.

Nigerian princesses looking for a soulmate to help them transfer 20 tons of gold dust out of their bedroom because their evil uncle (who became their guardian after their parents died in a horrible car accident) is trying to steal it... that's entirely different story.

I used to chat with them. Once you get them off their script, they're quite fun to talk to.

• 5 weeks later...
On 7.3.2016 at 9:31 PM, Shpaget said:

You just got on their mailing list. Their compliance with your request to be removed from the list is an evidence that they are at least a half decent business.

Nigerian princesses looking for a soulmate to help them transfer 20 tons of gold dust out of their bedroom because their evil uncle (who became their guardian after their parents died in a horrible car accident) is trying to steal it... that's entirely different story.

I used to chat with them. Once you get them off their script, they're quite fun to talk to.

Most serious companies will remove you, they don't want to annoy you too much and do not want to end up in an spam blacklist.

Read an story who tops the above, he turned the tables on some Nigerian spammers in making them belive he worked for an Norwegian NGO, something about supporting organisations promoting Norwegian culture so they would get lots of money if they build and raced stock cars something the spammers did :) 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.