[1.8.x - 1.12.x] Soviet Spacecraft (Soyuz/Vostok/Voskhod/LOK/LK/Parom) - 8-26-21

raidernick

The Salyut/Almaz stations have been split from this mod into their own mod, if you want to download them click HERE.

This mod has been split off from my Salyut mod as it was growing too large. It contains ONLY the spacecraft parts, no station parts.

This mod also contains the Soyuz and Progress 7k series of spacecraft, use for ferry to stations.

Now also contains Vostok and Voskhod spacecraft, and TKS/VA spacecraft and LOK/LK.

For all the "geniuses" who can't read and claim I steal all my stuff without attribution, try reading the bottom of any OP for any of my mods. I ALWAYS make an attribution list of the original mesh authors for parts if I use something that wasn't originally mine. I NEVER use something without contacting and asking the original author for permission even if they have an open license that allows usage without asking. I am always transparent about whether or not I made the parts from scratch and have NEVER claimed to have made something 100% myself when I did not. I kindly ask that people stop spreading lies around because they are angry and have a vendetta against me, you know who you are.

If you enjoy this mod consider downloading Soviet Rockets HERE. It contains rockets to be used with this mod.

Soyuz Album: http://imgur.com/a/wC4rR

Vostok Album: http://imgur.com/a/bFEHN

LOK/LK Album: http://imgur.com/a/xXRdw

687474703a2f2f692e696d6775722e636f6d2f53

687474703a2f2f692e696d6775722e636f6d2f31

687474703a2f2f692e696d6775722e636f6d2f79

MMRnn3n.png

Stock Remotetech Support:

-If you use remotetech in STOCK KSP, here is a module manager config to make the probes compatible, if you use Realism Overhaul DO NOT USE THIS: https://www.dropbox.com/s/6h8vu19gzxkr413/Salyut_Soyuz_RT.cfg?dl=0

Installation Instructions:

Dependencies include the most updated versions BD Animation, Smokescreen, ModuleManger, Texture Replacer and KSP-AVC for the specific version of KSP listed above.

This mod is also available on CKAN

NOTE: I DO NOT support CKAN installs, if you use ckan at all do not even bother submitting a bug report, I will ignore it. CKAN installs my mods incorrectly frequently, and other mods incorrectly which cause mine to not work(i.e. FAR, RSS, RO). If I continue to get false CKAN bug reports under the ruse of a manual install I'll be forced to change my license to forbid CKAN from listing my mods.

SOYUZ NOTES:

-If you are using 24 hour days instead of the default 6 hour days HERE is an optional module manager config for TAC Life Support.

-Includes craft files for soyuz launchers included in my soviet probes pack here:http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/88045

-PLEASE USE THE INCLUDED CRAFT FILES AS THE SHIPS ARE DIFFICULT TO ASSEMBLE AND MUST BE DONE PROPERLY! THESE FILES INCLUDE ACTION GROUPS

NOTES:

-This mod is no longer compatible with Bobcat of OLDD protons as I have made my own

-You MUST use the Salyut ASAS to properly control the stations!

CREDITS:

IVA & Landing Engine by Bobcat: used under authorization

Salyut 4/6/7 solar arrays by KOSMOS: used under license terms

LOK/LK: Jean-Marie Le Cosperec open license

Original DOS models by MajorTom and Castorp: used under authorization

Original Vostok models: Slavutinsky Victor

KOSMOS panels - CBBP

Firespitter - Snjo - License: You may reuse code and textures from this mod, as long as you give credit in the download file and on the download post/page. Reuse of models with permission. No reselling. No redistribution of the whole pack without permission. UV map texture guides are included so you can re-skin to your liking.

Texture Replacer - MIT License

Reflection Plugin - Starwaster - License: Public Domain

Reflection Plugin Source: https://github.com/raidernick/Reflection-Plugin-Continued

Textures Unlimited - Shadowmage - GPL 3.0

Bahasp and rnmodules source: https://github.com/raidernick/BDAnimationModules

LICENSE:

88x31.png

https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-nd/3.0/us/

This license does not cover mod packs. Putting my work into a mod pack is prohibited.

Using any of my mods names or likenesses, including in derivative works, expansions, addons is prohibited

Edited by raidernick

UPDATE v1.0

Changelog:

• Split this pack off from the Salyut pack, contains only spacecraft, not stations
  • Fixed (hopefully) the lag from the Vostok, Voskhod, and LOK/LK parts
  • Updated Voskhod airlock textures to not suck.
  • WARNING: If your computer sucks these parts will likely still cause some lag, but not nearly as much as before. I did extensive testing so any complaints about it lagging because of your 1980s computer will be ignored.

https://github.com/KSP-RO/SovietSpacecraft/releases/tag/v1.0

cMvZGvu.png

Edited by raidernick

39 minutes ago, trooperMNG said:

Finally separate packs! Anyway, is there a chance you could do a Soyuz TMA?

I only do soviet parts. The TMA came out in the early 2000's. Besides that there are several others that exist already and at least one other person currently working on one.

1 hour ago, the_pazter said:

The Airlock module for Apollo Soyuz, is that compatible with FASA

It was made with fasa in mind, so unless he has made any changes to it since I made the part it should still work. You need to use the fasa LEM docking cone on one side and the apas75 i made on the other. I know they work in realism overhaul, for stock I'm not sure fasa's scale meshes well with mine, my soyuz may look comically large compared to his CSM.

On 6.3.2016 at 2:28 AM, raidernick said:

UPDATE v1.0

Changelog:

• Split this pack off from the Salyut pack, contains only spacecraft, not stations
  • Fixed (hopefully) the lag from the Vostok, Voskhod, and LOK/LK parts
  • Updated Voskhod airlock textures to not suck.
  • WARNING: If your computer sucks these parts will likely still cause some lag, but not nearly as much as before. I did extensive testing so any complaints about it lagging because of your 1980s computer will be ignored.

Runs nice.

It would probably run even better if you had removed at least the ca. 84 000 polygons from inside the capsule alone (out of the 500 000 of the capsule + service module alone) that are leftovers of the highres (render) model you used. Also, this would remove some unneccesary drawcalls as these render models aren't optimized for gaming use (and use many small meshes, each generating at least one drawcall).

40 minutes ago, InsaneDruid said:

Runs nice.

It would probably run even better if you had removed at least the ca. 84 000 polygons from inside the capsule alone (out of the 500 000 of the capsule + service module alone) that are leftovers of the highres (render) model you used. Also, this would remove some unneccesary drawcalls as these render models aren't optimized for gaming use (and use many small meshes, each generating at least one drawcall).

I originally left the inside of the capsule because I had planned to make it a "command seat" that could eject from the capsule like IRL, but I decided it wasn't worth the extra complexity. That's actually a good idea, I will remove the entire inside of the pod and tint the windows black to avoid seeing it. Most of the complaints I got though were about the service module specifically.

Edited by raidernick

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, woo_reentry_is_cool_dude said:

this looks stockalike actually , just too shiny , but keep it up :D

how the hell am i supposed to have cosmos if it has still spaceport link and isn't even for 0.25

It's not stockalike(that is one of the worst insults I've ever received here) and the kosmos parts come as part of the download if you had actually bothered to look at it, and if you get it from ckan it's automatically downloaded. You don't need to get it separately.

Edited by raidernick

6 minutes ago, raidernick said:

It's not stockalike(that is one of the worst insults I've ever received here) and the kosmos parts come as part of the download if you had actually bothered to look at it, and if you get it from ckan it's automatically downloaded. You don't need to get it separately.

Agreed. I NEVER use this or FASA in my default Stockalike games. I always use it in my RSS game.

• 2 weeks later...

UPDATE v1.2

• Remove the old version completely including ALL MM CFG FILES before installing this! This means also remove any RN_.cfg files in the main gamedata folder!

• Update for KSP 1.1.2

• Update dependencies
  • Switched to texture replacer for reflections since reflection plugin is not being updated
  • Update configs
  • Add new WORKING craft files

https://github.com/KSP-RO/SovietSpacecraft/releases/tag/v1.2

I just launched Sputnik 1 and it went very well. There was a little bit of pitch fluctuation using MJ during the circularization burn, but it seemed fine on manual and flew very nice. I look forward to flying the rest!

Edit: Sorry, I should have posted about Sputnik in the Soviet Probes thread, but I had just installed all of your updated mods to try each in order. Guess I had the future spacecraft on the brain :cool:

Edited by Bleddyn

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.