"I've been in the KSP community for so long, I remember X"

UnionPacific1983WP

Just now, Mjp1050 said:

I remember this. You kept ninja'ing my posts, as I recall....:wink:

Yes... The good very bad old days... :rolleyes: 

Ninja'ing doesn't get me anywhere. Although, Dres awareness gets me in a worse spot with 1/3 of the forums, a better spot with 1/3 of the forums, and in the same place with 1/3 of the forums.

Being serious, I've been in the ksp community so long I remember the very last days of 1.0.5, and the 1.1 hype train...

3 minutes ago, max_creative said:

Being serious, I've been in the ksp community so long I remember the very last days of 1.0.5, and the 1.1 hype train...

Heh, I remember the 1.0 release. The forums were so jammed with complaints and arguments that they were pretty inhospitable. 

In fact, i remember ol' 0.18, and the First time Scott Manley went to eeloo. I think he was still known as a ksp wonder man at the time, since he was one of the first ones to assemble an interplanetary ship in orbit. Even though it was just a drive stage and a stock lander, everybody thought it was masterful. Shows how far we've come...

26 minutes ago, monstah said:

Aw, man, I miss @Rowsdower. I got here just after @Green Iron Crown incident, and actually had to google what that was once.

Hehehe, the Green Iron Crown was so fun and strange that I actually thought about seeing if I could change my handle to "Blue Iron Crown" until I read the forum rules and thought it might have been a violation... eh, @Red Iron Crown?

I remember when the KSC was just the VAB, Tracking Center, and Astronaut Complex... yeah, just like the others have said, no SPH. I spent a lot of time making strange aircraft out of the rocket parts and the Mark 1 capsule... Strange contraptions that actually flew...

Edited by adsii1970

6 minutes ago, adsii1970 said:

Hehehe, the Green Iron Crown was so fun and strange that I actually thought about seeing if I could change my handle to "Blue Iron Crown" until I read the forum rules and thought it might have been a violation... eh, @Red Iron Crown?

Yeah don't do that. The Green Iron Crown incident was a one time thing, won't be happening again.

I've been in the KSP community so long I remember when there used to be a subforum for the Spacecraft Exchange... I remember when it was KMP (in fact it was issues with the mod that brought me to this community)... I remember when SAS used to lock your orientation and you had to disable it to move... I remember good old Macey Dean... I sure miss him. I wish I could be a decent replacement within the community for him. But no one would accept me as his replacement.

...Having just thought over what I just posted I realize I got really off topic there for a second... Oh dear.

I've been lurking the KSP community for so long, I remember the Great Forum Crash of 2013. (There was a crash then, right? Or have I messed up my years?)

I remember when @GusTurbo had his old logo.

I remember when @Red Iron Crown had a hand-drawn avatar (and sometimes a Christmas hat!)

I remember when moderators had larger profile pictures than the rest of us.

I remember when you could comment with your rep.

I remember when different users had different amounts of rep power.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.