"I've been in the KSP community for so long, I remember X"

UnionPacific1983WP

My forum account was made in the 1.0.x era. I've been lurking for much longer, though. I started lurking when Green Iron Crown was recent enough that everyone knew what it was, so there were no readily available explanations of who or what it was.

I remember vBulletin (which I liked better than this even though I never got to use it), and the Rocket Builders subforum, when USI-LS and Kerbalism didn't exist. I remember obsessively reading some fanwork about Jeb and others going to Jool in which Jeb went crazy and the ship had fusion engines and an AI. I don't remember who wrote this fanwork, but it involved a decrepit space station being where it shouldn't and radiation poisoning and death. I remember when Deadly Reentry was required for reentry heat, and being excited when reentry heat was added to stock.

1 hour ago, DaMachinator said:

My forum account was made in the 1.0.x era. I've been lurking for much longer, though. I started lurking when Green Iron Crown was recent enough that everyone knew what it was, so there were no readily available explanations of who or what it was.

I remember vBulletin (which I liked better than this even though I never got to use it), and the Rocket Builders subforum, when USI-LS and Kerbalism didn't exist. I remember obsessively reading some fanwork about Jeb and others going to Jool in which Jeb went crazy and the ship had fusion engines and an AI. I don't remember who wrote this fanwork, but it involved a decrepit space station being where it shouldn't and radiation poisoning and death. I remember when Deadly Reentry was required for reentry heat, and being excited when reentry heat was added to stock.

Does anyone actually have any pictures of the whole GIC thing? If so, I'd like to see them.

Back OT:

I've been in the KSP community so long, I remember a certain user that spammed the forum games with very weird pictures in late 2014. I won't name names. Of course, I didn't have an account at the time, but I was a lurker then.

I've been in the KSP community so long, I remember the massive chaos caused by the Kerbal Spaceport's shutdown.

I didn't have an account back then, but hey, I've seen it.

8 hours ago, UnionPacific1983WP said:

Does anyone actually have any pictures of the whole GIC thing? If so, I'd like to see them.

Most of it is in this thread, with an explanation of what happened in the very last post.

7 hours ago, legoclone09 said:

WHAT?!??!!? I must see this!

That was part of our April Fool's thing for 2015, the mods all changed our avatars to crummy MSPaint versions of our current ones.

My old avatar:          MSPaintified:
RedCrownAvModerator.png  RedCrownPaint.png

I've been in the KSP community so long, I remember 1.0.4, Vbulletin (Well, I actually made this account shortly after the change to the current forum software, but I was lurking before then), the 1.1 Hype Train, and the start of The Saga Of Emiko Station.

Edited by DolphinDude3

I've been in the KSP community for so long, I remember when the forum software wasn't absolutely horrible, in both usage and visuals.

I also remember the start of Emiko and Forgotten Space Program.

Also as I've stated before, I remember waiting for new pages of Duna, Ore Bust.

Edited by CAKE99

3 hours ago, Red Iron Crown said:

Most of it is in this thread, with an explanation of what happened in the very last post.

That was part of our April Fool's thing for 2015, the mods all changed our avatars to crummy MSPaint versions of our current ones.

My old avatar:          MSPaintified:
RedCrownAvModerator.png  RedCrownPaint.png

Ah, I joined just aftter that. I do remember your old avatar, though.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.