[1.11.x] Endurance (from Interstellar) Continued... (V1.13) 20th Feb 2021

JPLRepo

16 hours ago, COL.R.Neville said:

something in the lsconfigs.cfg is crashing module manager.

My money is on this in Line 60. No asterisk in the braces.

~RSSROConfig[]

Also I'd like to point out that you can't use these in the same node edit as they're mutually exclusive. Each tells MM to run the given node edit at different relative positions in the grand sequence of running node edits. Choose one.

:BEFORE :FOR :AFTER

Also, :BEFORE and :AFTER also work like :NEEDS so the :NEEDS can all be discarded from this config.

whee 

we have a BINGO.  i really like inglorius stand-up guys ? wtfo. basterds lets see if that works hehe

if you take that rssroconfig out everything else seems to work.  the others seems to be calling out specific parts but no idea which one should be in there for the rrs ro. 

On 6/30/2019 at 2:40 AM, JadeOfMaar said:

My money is on this in Line 60. No asterisk in the braces.

~RSSROConfig[]

Also I'd like to point out that you can't use these in the same node edit as they're mutually exclusive. Each tells MM to run the given node edit at different relative positions in the grand sequence of running node edits. Choose one.

:BEFORE :FOR :AFTER

Also, :BEFORE and :AFTER also work like :NEEDS so the :NEEDS can all be discarded from this config.

Edited by COL.R.Neville

On 6/22/2018 at 11:15 PM, L0NE_PH4NT0M said:

I also found some sort of conflict with CryoTanks. Whenever I use it alongside the mod, the Ranger aerospike engines and the Viper's integrated engines all somehow switch to using Liquid Hydrogen as their fuel. However, the Lander's engines remain the same. 

I tried editing the part files for the Ranger and Viper to switch their fuel to the Hydrogen, but now I get VERY little Delta-V.

Isn't that with Cryo Engines? If you use one, you'll use the other for sure.

If you already tapped into the config files you could add more fuel to the tanks since Hydrogen is way less dense than Liquid Fuel which is, for all instants and purposes closer to heavy kerozene. SO there is chance that with liquid Hydro, your ship has less mass overall. so adding fuel to rebalance the thing could be an option. Or boost the ISP of the engines or lower their consumption as well as boost their thrust since Hydrogen powered engines have generally lower thrust with greater ISP, you might want to put their thrust to their original values.

Also, in Nertea's mods there is a file in Extras folder which take back some configs for work with stock Liquid Fuel instead of Liquid Hydrogen. I don't know if they affect the Endurance parts though as I haven't yet unlocked them in my career playthrough along with Cryo tanks and Cryo Engines. Might be worth the try.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The Viper is using LH2- you might want to fix that... Or give it LH2.

EDIT: And so does the Ranger. Huh.

Edit2: It must be another mod not playing nicely with it...

Edit3: Kerbalatomics Other Mod Support I think causes it.

Edit4: It does. Doesn't work with Kerbalatomic.

Edited by Mekan1k

• 2 months later...
10 hours ago, Mattchase said:

Please help mb-75 crew habitation module has no iva, no ability to transfer crew or see them in the bottom right of the screen.

That is correct. The IVA was never finished. You can transfer the crew by clicking on the hatch of the part.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, alberro+ said:

How do I install this mod? 

When I open the main folder, I get two Endurance folders, one is a normal file and the other is a compressed zip file.

Copy the Endurance folder into GameData. The Zip file contains pre-built ships using the mods parts. that you can unzip and copy into your saves/ships folders if you want to use them.

On 2/1/2020 at 6:56 PM, JPLRepo said:

Copy the Endurance folder into GameData. The Zip file contains pre-built ships using the mods parts. that you can unzip and copy into your saves/ships folders if you want to use them.

The zip file seems to only have copies of the "Assets", "Parts", and "Plugins" folders. No ship files as far as I can tell. Unless I'm doing something very wrong.

On 2/4/2020 at 8:17 AM, Repseki said:

The zip file seems to only have copies of the "Assets", "Parts", and "Plugins" folders. No ship files as far as I can tell. Unless I'm doing something very wrong.

Ah yeah. Sorry that zip file shouldn't be there. will remove it for the next version.

A link to the example files Zip I was referring to is in the opening post.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 2/25/2020 at 9:11 PM, Phers said:

Just starting using this again after a break from KSP for a few versions.... any idea why the lander is now black instead of white like it used to be?

Looks good here... Would need logs, etc.

7 hours ago, JPLRepo said:

Looks good here... Would need logs, etc.

I think he means the black areas on the lander texture that wasn't there on the original one, i'll post a comparison screenshot below. There is also another issue i noticed with the middle part of the endurance structure being grey instead of white.

Was able to fix both issues by using the original lander.dds and endurance_connectors.dds textures from the 0.9.0_BETA version

SwCycjU.png

On 7/25/2019 at 4:18 AM, Mekan1k said:

The Viper is using LH2- you might want to fix that... Or give it LH2.

EDIT: And so does the Ranger. Huh.

Edit2: It must be another mod not playing nicely with it...

Edit3: Kerbalatomics Other Mod Support I think causes it.

Edit4: It does. Doesn't work with Kerbalatomic.

Use the Extras files from Kerbal Atomics for Dynamic LH2 mode.  It works fine.

My next Reconfig project... ;) is for this mod, the Endurance. But I regularly entertain the idea of having a portion (most?) of it merged into this mod itself, or...well... all of it, to reduce or erase the need for a Reconfig mod.

Concerning the GitHub issues in the spoiler, I have an answer to three of them.

Spoiler

gBxi5JF.png

• Engines using Hydrogen: What's going on here is that the affected engines are responding to Kerbal Atomics' optional patch named "LH2NTRsDynamic". This patch targets all engines that use LiquidFuel, not Oxidizer, not IntakeAir, and are not multimode. After what I've done, this is no longer a problem.
  • Lander losing control after liftoff: The lander's CoL was moved back. But its CoP (pressure/drag) was not. The CoP is ahead of the CoL so aerodynamically, the head is actually the tail. I have fixed that for Reconfig.
  • New emissives and plumes: I have made plumes and welded empty meshes with extra plume transforms into the relevant parts so, for example, the Lander can now produce plumes at all 6 of its main engine nozzles. I've made plumes for every engine except the Viper. But these are the things that could not be fixed: Lander's VTOL engine (I welded it and setup to use the emitter transform that I added. But it refuses to be fixed and I don't know why.); Ranger's RCS thrusters (out of my league and require too much effort without the source). Sadly, I'm not going to alter any textures.

The major features of this project include:

• Much needed plumes for nearly all engines.
  • Reduced dependency on Oxidizer and heavy use of B9 Part Switch for choosing tank loadouts.
  • The engines and RCS all consume LiquidFuel and a lot of ElectricCharge (so imagine plasma/fusion engines and powerful arcjet RCS). There is no longer any LFO engine or multi-mode engine. I very, very strongly disagree with the movie having these vessels largely use historical and contemporary propellant chains. The dV losses implied are actually immense.
    • Everything will properly change from using LiquidFuel to CRP's LH2 or WBI's Propellium when the relevant mods are detected. This enables the prospect of bringing an exo harvester and fuel scooping while visiting stars or gas giants.
    • Isp values are raised by a few orders of magnitude in order to be playable in today's KSP; either a vast game with many planet packs at once, or a huge game like real scale. How "cheaty" this may become for you will depend entirely on how much you find yourself relying (more) on fuel scoops or gravity slingshots in spite of the greater dV capacity in a smaller universe.
  • Actual/Proper Community Tech Tree integration. Some parts will appear in tech nodes far, far away.
  • The habitability assessment experiment becomes far more believable when any of Angel-125's mods are present. It becomes 2 experiments with advanced functions and requiring time, an altitude range, and WBI science processors: The orbital assessment and the surface assessment. The surface assessment will only be usable on certain planets and will be far more rewarding when it gets to run. The stock system, OPM, and JNSQ are already supported. GPP and GEP will very soon be added.
  • Anyone who uses WBI Pathfinder will find its template/feature switching system and its OmniStorage system (Note, there will be no fuel templates. That is legacy now.) in all Endurance parts (and custom template arrangements in some) if WBI Classic Stock is active. Full support for Snacks! is included. B9 Part Switch features will all be disabled.
    • Warranty void at any attempt to mix Classic Stock stuff with USI.
    • The Viper will use features of Angel-125's UFO mod (KFS) when that is present.

I've considered cloning the Endurance cabin to create that DeepFreeze module. I've confirmed that the DeepFreeze module doesn't like being hot-swapped so it can't be made an option within WBI templates.

Edited by JadeOfMaar

Instead of cloning the part, I'm sure it would be okay to add 1 or 2 DeepFreeze slots to the part (I don't think anyone has added the module directly) so that when you assemble the ship you have 3 or 6 slots built-in (assuming you use 3 of that part in your Endurance build).