[1.11.x] Endurance (from Interstellar) Continued... (V1.13) 20th Feb 2021

JPLRepo

I took some time and built this up again, but with much more care put into what packages I slip into the backs of the ring modules for a possible serious test play. I had a fair bit of trouble docking a Ranger back to the main ship but mostly because I have an angle snap MM patch. If anyone's particularly curious I've also fitted this build with Karbonite ISRU

Here's hoping some things I clipped don't cause modules to jam when I undock them... :P 

TXp63FN.jpg

On 06.09.2017 at 0:06 PM, JadeOfMaar said:

I took some time and built this up again, but with much more care put into what packages I slip into the backs of the ring modules for a possible serious test play. I had a fair bit of trouble docking a Ranger back to the main ship but mostly because I have an angle snap MM patch. If anyone's particularly curious I've also fitted this build with Karbonite ISRU

Here's hoping some things I clipped don't cause modules to jam when I undock them... :P 

So you have no problem with switching control from Ranger to docking port and back? Also could you share your computer specs and performance in ksp.

OFFTOPIC: Don't know why but performance on 4790K, 32GB, 1080ti is very low. I think the main problem is amount of mods installed (96) most of them parts mods and functional mods like KIS/KAS, etc. As I found not only huge amount of parts and huge textures impacts performance, also 88 simultonously loaded DDLs reduce performance realy quicly.

@kremonia I had no problem changing the control point. Well, I didn't have to change it (myself) back to the Ranger itself or the main ship at the time.

My specs:

•  AMD FX-8350 CPU
  • 32 GB DDR3 RAM
  • Win 10 x64
  • 1TB Seagate HDD

This KSP install was a very low modded one, a test install. The only perf issues I got were the typical serving of lag from EVE clouds and high part or poly count. I forgot what the part count here is but it may crossed 100.

Guys have any one some expirience with KSP debuging? I mean real debuging with pdb and decompiling everithing with dotPeek. Some times i feel myself ready to start KSP standratization and optimization company. At least on the part level.

@JadeOfMaar Thansk for sharing. And for overal answer. But what GPU do you have? From my perspective the only difference is 4 cores instead of 8, sure I have 8 logical cores with HT. But as i know unity do not utilize multiple cores very well. And I really surprised you guys do not use SSD.

9 minutes ago, JadeOfMaar said:

My specs:

•  AMD FX-8350 CPU
  • 32 GB DDR3 RAM
  • Win 10 x64
  • 1TB Seagate HDD

@kremonia lol. I wish you the best with your company. My GPU is an Nvidia GT 640. But you are correct. Fewer, more powerful cores matter to KSP and its old Unity engine most of the time, rather than many cores.

I'm usually always modding so my mod count tends to stay low most of the time, and my MM cache generally doesn't pass 10,000 and loading times usually stay under 7 minutes.

My main game, however, must have 100 mods in it now, and passes 24K MM patches, with Ven's, BARIS (both of which add patches to many, many parts), and several parts mods. The 10 or 11 minute wait is... tolerable for me and I don't have any SSD.

8 minutes ago, JadeOfMaar said:

I wish you the best with your company

Sure thing it sounds a bit ridiculous, because I'm playing KSP for 2 years now and feel the flavor. But from my perspective as a Software Architect it is a bit horrible. I hope after acquiring by Take Two KSP will be changed and will integrate most significant mods.

PS: BARIS is too tough for me.

Hey, is there a 1.2.2 version of this mod I can get? It just so happens that the Kargantua system mod is 1.2.2 and I want to do some gameplay with both.

Edited by Excalium
I just read back and realized I can use the older version despite it not being specifically for 1.2.2. Oof

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hey JPLRepo, I wanted to let you know that this mod is amazing and has consumed my world as I prepare for a large scale colonization attempt. One thing that is not working for me is the emissives on the lander and ranger are not functioning in vacuum (or atmo but smoke works). I note that this is listed your “to do” list but the videos on this thread all seem to have it working. 

I would be happy to post a log if that would help. I thought I would ask to see if there is an easy fix or if this was a known bug that everyone was able to figure out but me. 

Thanks for the fun!

3 hours ago, Nomad867 said:

Hey JPLRepo, I wanted to let you know that this mod is amazing and has consumed my world as I prepare for a large scale colonization attempt. One thing that is not working for me is the emissives on the lander and ranger are not functioning in vacuum (or atmo but smoke works). I note that this is listed your “to do” list but the videos on this thread all seem to have it working. 

I would be happy to post a log if that would help. I thought I would ask to see if there is an easy fix or if this was a known bug that everyone was able to figure out but me. 

Thanks for the fun!

Do you mean that the engines don't have plumes/particles? That's been normal afaik.

Yes that is what I meant. I stand corrected. I’ve been obsessing with trying to add particles/plume as I was sure that one of the videos in this tread had them. Is it possible to manually add them referencing mods like real plume/smokescreen? 

PS. I totally copied your karbonite ISRU idea for my MKS/EPL build of the Endurance. 

Thanks for your help. 

1 minute ago, Nomad867 said:

Yes that is what I meant. I stand corrected. I’ve been obsessing with trying to add particles/plume as I was sure that one of the videos in this tread had them. Is it possible to manually add them referencing mods like real plume/smokescreen? 

PS. I totally copied your karbonite ISRU idea for my MKS/EPL build of the Endurance. 

Thanks for your help. 

I have intentions to add plumes myself as I've had a lot of practice with the same, and yes you can make references to RealPlume. Others have done it for their mods.

You're welcome.

10 minutes ago, TheProtagonists said:

It doesn't seems like there are any docking ports or attachment point on the Viper... So what is the intended use of it?...

Because of its insane delta-v but limited life support, I'd guess that it's just to ferry kerbals from Kerbin to LKO or Kerbin to Kerbin, perhaps even short hops to other bodies in the Kerbin system.

On 10/30/2017 at 11:06 AM, ChrisSpace said:

Is this mod supposed to come with a prebuilt Endurance/Ranger/Lander? I'm getting all the parts, but not the full ships in the VAB or SPH. Sorry if this has been asked before.

Yes, look at the main page, there's a craft download link (or below)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/o1b1stbcs8tw2tq/EnduranceCraftFiles.zip?dl=0

Edited by william2002730

17 minutes ago, Abpilot said:

is there a mod out there that adds the wormhole form interstellar because I saw it on one of SW Dennis's videos and wanted to recreate it

That SWDennis video utilized the original Astronomer's Visual Pack: Interstellar v2.

https://kerbal.curseforge.com/projects/astronomers-visual-pack-beyond-kerbal/files/2221625/download

Download that and the KerbalVisualEnhancements plugin.

https://github.com/RangeMachine/KerbalVisualEnhancements/releases/download/v2.0.0/Plugin.zip

Install the optional "wormhole sun" from AVP, and you'll have your wormhole in close orbit to the sun.

There is also the Kargantua mod which adds analogues of the Interstellar planets to the game, but it has not been updated in a while and is quite buggy.

https://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/157255-122-kargantua-system-v02a-the-first-proper-black-hole-system-in-ksp/

2 minutes ago, themaster401 said:

That SWDennis video utilized the original Astronomer's Visual Pack: Interstellar v2.

https://kerbal.curseforge.com/projects/astronomers-visual-pack-beyond-kerbal/files/2221625/download

Download that and the KerbalVisualEnhancements plugin.

https://github.com/RangeMachine/KerbalVisualEnhancements/releases/download/v2.0.0/Plugin.zip

Install the optional "wormhole sun" from AVP, and you'll have your wormhole in close orbit to the sun.

There is also the Kargantua mod which adds analogues of the Interstellar planets to the game, but it has not been updated in a while and is quite buggy.

https://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/157255-122-kargantua-system-v02a-the-first-proper-black-hole-system-in-ksp/

ok thanks for the help

• 3 weeks later...

No doubt, this is a wonderful mod that I love and choose to play with since the very first version. Unfortunately, recently I have an issue with the lander control namely it will begin to pitch down and barely control (even if I using mechjeb and trying to increase the reaction wheel force). This happen when using either VTOL or built-in engine. The TCA mod will indirectly fix the VTOL issue but not for the built-in engine. I've tried to inspect with the aerodynamics forces overlay which I think that something is not right (as you can see the very large force shown in screenshot of below).

KSP: 1.3.1.1891 Windows 64bit

Problem: Lander Losing Control After Lift-off

Mods installed:

Endurance (from Interstellar) Continued... V1.6

Module Manager 2.8.1

Reproduction steps 1:

Build the Lander with a Lander Fuselage, 4 Lander VTOL Engines and 2 Ranger Docking Ports.

Control from upper docking port, start all VTOL Engines, Take off.

Watch Lander losing control and crash.

Reproduction steps 2:

Build the Lander with a Lander Fuselage, 4 Lander VTOL Engines and 2 Ranger Docking Ports.

Control from upper docking port, start all VTOL Engines, Take off.

Before Lander losing control, control from Lander Fuselage, shutdown all VTOL Engines, Start built-in engine Watch Lander spinning around and crash.

Log:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1GlHO2pJVz5NMgERpQCrV6LKVLPlGydPK

Screenshot:

9OMauE3.jpg

Screen Capture:

Please advise me.

Thank you very much.

Edited by 9Gotji
To add a screen capture video to clarify my issues

• 1 month later...

As far as the lander being hard to control that is mostly in atmospheres and can be soleved by using both horizontal and vertical thrusters at once or not going full thrust. It says this mod is compatible with USI LS but i see no supplies in the ships.

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone else have problems with "UP" RCS Thrust with the Viper?

163315CFE961D8BB7763EE54EA3AA99ABD0B57F2

96BBCB1747C0AE8570501F54E7172BAC76EA9C44

It only has two downward pointing RCS thrusters at the front bottom and when they fire the upper pointing RSC thrusters try to keep attitude (nose from rising) alignment which only pushes you further downward...

Impossible to dock like this...

A set of rear bottom downward pointing RCS Thrusters would probably fix this.

Can this be fixed as I love this little craft!

Edited by Kilo60