[1.11.x] Endurance (from Interstellar) Continued... (V1.13) 20th Feb 2021

JPLRepo

3 hours ago, Wolfdog said:

How's the mod coming? Any problems encountered so far?

It is coming along slowly. Issues to be dealt with include:

1) I've been sick.
2) None of the Internal Models fit the External models. Scaling issues result. Attempting to re-scale and change the models so that the internals actually fit the external models.
3) The landing legs on the Ranger are broken (not really broken, but the sink into the ground) - far as I can tell no one on the forums has figured out how to do landing legs correctly (even the stock ones have issues).
4) I've been sick.
I'll be looking to release a patched up version soon as I can pull all the internal/externals together. The landing legs will have to suffice until the 1.1 dust settles and landing legs are figured out.
EDIT:
and I forgot 5) Due to the issues with the Internals and Externals sizing and alignment issues I have to re-place ALL props in all the internals. Which is a VERY long process.

AnuDVcU.png

Edited by JPLRepo

16 minutes ago, themaster401 said:

Here's a real treat: a top-down view of the Endurance with all the modules labeled, if you want an easy build :)

http://vignette3.wikia.nocookie.net/interstellarfilm/images/a/a4/Interstellar-spaceships-ENDURANCE.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20141108235419

Yep thanks got that. I've added a link to it in the OP

8 minutes ago, googbo said:

Can someone do a new iva for the crew module instead of having the hitchhiker iva. Also will the new version work on 1.0.5

Maybe one day.. and NO it won't. Use the existing release for 1.0.5

Edited by JPLRepo

More Pics WIP - The Ranger (BTW: It's taking a bit longer because on top of points 1 through 5 above I've also changed the models to include support for JSIAdvTransparentPods).

Spoiler

Ranger In JSI Advanced Transparent Pod mode:

UZiM152.png

xcPh6Uy.png

Ranger in Stock Overlay Mode:

6evqv0F.png

87GRRM3.png

Slow Progress - Today The Lander External done and Props (a few still need sorting out).
Still to go -
Props on the Ranger
Resize the Viper(Mini-Ranger) and props.
Fix the Deplyable Science Lab IVA and props.
Fix alignment of the Endurance Command IVA and props.

Hang in there everyone... IT's a hard slog and it's very time consuming.

Spoiler

vzNC4Kp.png

YUWyWqg.png

K5ctm02.png

OMG This is my favorite mod of all mods! I've had a blast going to Duna and building bases and flying around, doing all the stuff with all the things. Thank you for reviving this mod! However, I recently updated my KSP version to 1.1, and I had to fix some stuff that I knew how (position of lander vtol engines, direction of ranger engines) but I eventually gave up on fixing things because I just kept finding problems with the mod. Yes, yes, I understand that the mod is designed for KSP 1.0.5, but I am too ambitious to give up the KSP update and would rather fix the mod myself. Just wondering what plans were fir the update, no rushing :)

4 hours ago, skylon7 said:

OMG This is my favorite mod of all mods! I've had a blast going to Duna and building bases and flying around, doing all the stuff with all the things. Thank you for reviving this mod! However, I recently updated my KSP version to 1.1, and I had to fix some stuff that I knew how (position of lander vtol engines, direction of ranger engines) but I eventually gave up on fixing things because I just kept finding problems with the mod. Yes, yes, I understand that the mod is designed for KSP 1.0.5, but I am too ambitious to give up the KSP update and would rather fix the mod myself. Just wondering what plans were fir the update, no rushing :)

Did you read the thread history? I'm working on it.

2 hours ago, JPLRepo said:

Did you read the thread history? I'm working on it.

Sorry, I didn't have time to look at anything this morning. Wasn't trying to be rude, and I was trying to emphasize that I loved the mod more than I wanted it updated. Didn't mean that the way it sounded.

Edited by skylon7

Progress Update on 1.1.2 update: It's getting much closer now....Starting to get towards the finish.
Previously reported Updates:
Lander - fixed and finished.
Ranger - fixed and finished.

Latest Update:
Mini-Ranger - fixed and finished.
Science Lab - fixed finished.
All other parts - fixed and finished.

To-do:
Endurance Command IVA fix (it's a mess).
Re-check everything over.

Release!

Here is the WIP up-coming change log:

Spoiler

V1.00
Fixed Blocked Hatch on Ranger - Ranger now has a Ranger Docking port built-in. Fixed blocked hatches on a bunch of other parts (thanks KSP 1.1).
Fixed alignment of all Internals with externals to support stock overlay mode. Due to this some internals and externals have been re-scaled and
re-done. Props also have had to change to fit. Added stock overlay mode meshes for internals.
Tweaked CoM and CoL on the lander, hopefully it flies better now in atmosphere.
Added support for JSIAdvTransparentPods (separate download mod see OP for link) on the Viper, Ranger and Lander.
Fixed VTOL engines for the Lander.
Modified the Endurance ring to have attach nodes on the outside of the ring to allow you to attach new docking nodes.
Added new Endurance Ring docking parts: "Endurance Outer Docking Node" and "Endurance Outer Ranger Docking Node"

Known Issues: Ranger Landing legs sink into the ground - I am unable to find a reliable way to fix this and many have had issues with landing
legs. Assume further updates to KSP will provide fixes for this. For now it is what it is.

Pics of the latest parts fixed:

Spoiler

jLaaR1N.png

F9Iw9wn.png

675F6qC.png

xQpd5Rh.png

j1WDgyL.png

OK, finally.. the marathon is complete. This mod is just too much for one person to maintain...
Anyway - Go get it while it's hot links in the OP.
See the changelog for all the details, but the biggest changes are - KSP 1.1.2 compatible and Added JSI advanced transparent pods (see-through windows) as well as fixing all the IVAs and setting them up to work with JSI advanced transparent pods and the stock overlay system.

Enjoy!

PS: the landing legs on the Ranger sink into the ground a little - but then so do the stock ones. Do not try the various "fixes" going around on the forums as they won't work. I have not converted the legs to the new system yet. Hopefully there will be fixes soon. There's probably other things I've missed, post them here.

Edited by JPLRepo

16 minutes ago, Wolfdog said:

Thank you for this mod. Does anyone know a good way to launch the Endurance?

I usually launched it with long solid boosters to take it high up in the atmosphere and then ignited the main engines, but you can always launch it by yourself and find out which way works better.

Also huge shout out to JPL, I can see how much work you've been putting into this mod.

Edited by Greythorn032

Just now, Greythorn032 said:

I usually launched it with long solid boosters to take it high up in the atmosphere and then ignited the main engines, but you can always launch it by yourself and find out which way works better.

That's the way I was doing it. I use Space Y Heavy Lifters boosters for the task.

can someone please post craft files?

Is it just me of is the lander crazy hard to fly.. with the Vtol engines on the center of gravity is off and when you thrust the ship ends up rotating end over end..

Edited by Phers