Absent Friends Hall of Fame

daniel l.

This Thread is dedicated to forum members who have either disappeared or left, But made a major impact on the KSP community.

It will be divided into sections, So far i can think of Modding and Fanworks, But feel free to suggest away. Also feel free to ask the moderators to add a member to the list if i cant at a time, Im sure they could do it.

Thanks to @Maximus97 for his Moderators Suggestion.

Thanks to @r4pt0r for Gameplay & Tutorials.

Thanks to @Mad Rocket Scientist for Spacecraft Exchange

So here goes with the first few:

FANWORK:

@Macey

We all know and love him and since his disappearance he will be missed, He was (Or is) known for his wonderful Spiritwolf series. Words cannot describe how good those videos were and he inspired the entire community to think big and taught them how to build military vessels without mods.

MODDING:

@Kragrathea

He does still post once or twice in a while, But not enough to classify as active.

Kragathea revolutionized ksp modding with the creation of Planetfactory, The first planet creator, And Sentar, The first planet pack.

Planetfactory has since been abandoned but it inspired the creation of Kopernicus a far more complex and stable and reliable mod, However Krags Planet factory will always be remembered by the modding community as where planet creation started.

@OvenProofMars

While Planetfactory could create stars it could not produce light or heat from them, This issue was solved by OvenProofMars's Starsystems Mod which became the perfect pair with Planetfactory And for quite a while it was the method for making stars, But like Planetfactory it was abandoned however it continued to inspire and went through several developers who took it up (Ending with @medsouz who is now absent as well.) and it eventually was truly abandoned and faded away, But it Inspired development of such a feature into Kopernicus which is now a highly versatile mod.

MODERATORS:

@vexx32

Friendly always willing to talk. At least thats what i got from the post below... If anyone has a better description please post it.

GAMEPLAY & TUTORIALS:

@Kasuha

kasuha spent most time helping in the gameplay questions and tutorials subforums. 

SPACECRAFT EXCHANGE:

@GusTurbo

A prolific poster, he also gave rep points on the forum. He started the OSTECA thread, and made a number of very cool, very obsolete ships.

Edited by daniel l.

I support the idea of a "Moderators" category/section, as there are some moderators that aren't around anymore that made valuable contributions to the forums. The one example I can think of right now is vexx32, as they were always willing to chat when I was first around on the forum. I'm sure some older members and moderators would give some names too.

Edited by Maximus97

10 hours ago, Mad Rocket Scientist said:

Maybe a "Craft-builders" section?  With @zekes, and @Mulbin

ETA:

Mulbin is actually just working on something else, not sure how to count that...

I dont think zekes has been gone quite long enough for that, He could come back at any moment.

6 hours ago, worir4 said:

Does Green Iron Crown count?:D

Lordy. Many of us are veterans of the War of the Iron Crowns, but I've gotta tell you, man, life goes on. Green, Red, you can have any color of crown you want. Green Iron Crown was defeated, purged from this forum, so that his corruptive influence would no longer plague us. We did our fighting, but many want to bring him back. All I'm saying is, we can't have such a tyrant on this forum again, in name or memory. You can't get rid of the common cold if people don't cough into their elbows.

Edited by Maximus97

31 minutes ago, Maximus97 said:

Lordy. Many of us are veterans of the War of the Iron Crowns, but I've gotta tell you, man, life goes on. Green, Red, you can have any color of crown you want. Green Iron Crown was defeated, purged from this forum, so that his corruptive influence would no longer plague us. We did our fighting, but many want to bring him back. All I'm saying is, we can't have such a tyrant on this forum again, in name or memory. You can't get rid of the common cold if people don't cough into their elbows.

Okay.....:blush:

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.