[1.12.X] Kerbal Planetary Base Systems v1.6.15 [28. April 2022]

Nils277

Wondering if anyone has reported the USI-LS parts not loading in V1.1:

VB7AUNs.png

All of these parts appear to be in the proper place in the Gamedata directory, exactly as they were in 1.0.5. But they didn't load with the ship, nor do they appear in the VAB. The parts from the USI-LS mod itself (such as greenhouses and NOMS containers) loaded just fine in 1.1, as do the other PBS parts such as the lab and hab modules.

Thanks!

14 minutes ago, Kuzzter said:

Wondering if anyone has reported the USI-LS parts not loading in V1.1:

VB7AUNs.png

All of these parts appear to be in the proper place in the Gamedata directory, exactly as they were in 1.0.5. But they didn't load with the ship, nor do they appear in the VAB. The parts from the USI-LS mod itself (such as greenhouses and NOMS containers) loaded just fine in 1.1, as do the other PBS parts such as the lab and hab modules.

Thanks!

That is weird, i just checked and they are all there in the editor for me. To see what is going wrong, i need the log file (KSP.log) from the folder where the KSP executable is. Do you have the latest version of ModuleManager installed?

53 minutes ago, storm_soldier2377 said:

Life support tab is missing in the VAB in 1.1.2. Yes I did update the mod.

Might be related to the one post above, as said there, i can see the parts from USI-LS in the Life Support tab. But i cannot say or do much more without more information. What LS-Mod are you using? USI-LS, TAC-LS etc? Have you encountered any error messages like the one in the screen above?
Most important: I need the log file (KSP.log) from the folder where the KSP executable is.

Edited by Nils277

3 minutes ago, Nils277 said:

What LS-Mod are you using? USI-LS, TAC-LS etc? Have you encountered any error messages like the one in the screen above?
Most important: I need the log file (KSP.log) from the folder where the KSP executable is.

I can say that I am using USI-LS and USI Core. Will have to get you the log file later tonight.

6 hours ago, Nils277 said:

Ladies and gentlekerbs, its update time! 

I've said it before but it bears repeating, THANK YOU for all the work you've put into this mod!  The amount of time and dedication it's all taken (especially with staying up to date with the frequent patches) is really appreciated by all of us.  :)

2 hours ago, Kuzzter said:

I can say that I am using USI-LS and USI Core. Will have to get you the log file later tonight.

Thanks :) I just remembered, there has been a post about a similar problem with the big KIS container posted a few pages back, seemed to be the result of an old plugin dll still being around.

Have you or @storm_soldier2377 used another version for 1.1+ of KPBS prior to 1.0.10? Or is this your first try with 1.1? One reason for thr problem might be that there are two plugin dlls installed, because I changed the folder structure and therefore the old dll gets never replaced when the new version is copied over the old.

Sorry, if you have already checked this.

2 hours ago, tsaven said:

I've said it before but it bears repeating, THANK YOU for all the work you've put into this mod!  The amount of time and dedication it's all taken (especially with staying up to date with the frequent patches) is really appreciated by all of us.  :)

Thanks a bunch :)

3 hours ago, Kuzzter said:

When I donwload USI-LS I get 2 folders: 000_USITools and UmbraSpaceIndustries. Try deleting all you have about USI and redownload USI-LS to see if it fixes. Because I'm not having this problem here

@Nils277 hey, I just had a little idea. If you're looking for more compatibility to add, something that might be need would be one of those little wedge modules, with plugs for connecting Surface Experiment Pack parts. That way they'd be able to run off the base's power. As far as I can tell they'd still need the Central Station part somewhere in order to work, but it'd still be cool. Something like this (beware awful quick MS paint sketch):

s1XC054.png

12 minutes ago, CobaltWolf said:

@Nils277 hey, I just had a little idea. If you're looking for more compatibility to add, something that might be need would be one of those little wedge modules, with plugs for connecting Surface Experiment Pack parts. That way they'd be able to run off the base's power. As far as I can tell they'd still need the Central Station part somewhere in order to work, but it'd still be cool. Something like this (beware awful quick MS paint sketch):

s1XC054.png

YES! THIS PLEASE!!!

1 hour ago, Nils277 said:

Thanks :) I just remembered, there has been a post about a similar problem with the big KIS container posted a few pages back, seemed to be the result of an old plugin dll still being around.

1 hour ago, Crabman said:

When I donwload USI-LS I get 2 folders: 000_USITools and UmbraSpaceIndustries. Try deleting all you have about USI and redownload USI-LS to see if it fixes. Because I'm not having this problem here

Will try both of these things when I get home tonight, thanks!

26 minutes ago, Kuzzter said:

Will try both of these things when I get home tonight, thanks!

I hope it helps. If not then there is something fishy going on...

59 minutes ago, CobaltWolf said:

s1XC054.png

You mean this one? I really like that idea, those experiments are very cool. Will add it :)

I'll admit I tend to just add a KIS connector to the base station when I'm using SEP...  :wink:  (Hmm.  Integrated KIS connector in the base parts, in some places?  Interesting idea...)

Meanwhile:

If people are interested, I've got my first pass at UKS/OSE/EL compatibility.  I still need to get wear installed on all the parts and get logistics on all the parts, but as I said I'm still learning MM and that's part filtering - which I haven't messed with much yet.  :wink:  However, I've got two 'workbenches' (small workshops), a survey station in the command hub, and tanks for the various different resources.  Those tanks have logistics enabled, when applicable.  (There's a RocketParts tank in there for pure EL compatibility, which then doesn't need logistics.)

Link: https://github.com/DanStaal/KSP-Configs/tree/master/Planetary_Base_UKS_Addons

Nils, I'll give you full permission to grab and copy anything out of that that you like if you want.  :wink:

I am having an issue, no idea what the fix for it is. Whenever I use the Lab module, regardless of how I am taking it to orbit, partway through flight the ship's COM moves to about 100m BEHIND the ship. which makes any form of maneuvering rather interesting, Imagine your ship turning from the see-saw into the END of the see-saw. Will post a pic. I have taken every module into orbit without this bug striking, it ONLY happens with the Lab module. The vessel flies correctly but after a short while the COM' suddenly breaks free and trails BEHIND the vessel.

I'm still having problems with the KIS big container.  I replaced my planetary base mod folder completely and the KIS/KAS folders.  I found the planetary base mod dll, ripped it out, and replaced planetary base mod again.

Neither the big nor small container are coming up in the VAB.  If it is a .dll problem, which one do I need to replace?

2 hours ago, stali79 said:

Sorry for the double post. have added the log file and a couple of other screenshots.

Thanks, i will take a look at it. The lab has nothing special compared to the other parts. Wonder what causes this. 

2 hours ago, arsmith said:

I'm still having problems with the KIS big container.  I replaced my planetary base mod folder completely and the KIS/KAS folders.  I found the planetary base mod dll, ripped it out, and replaced planetary base mod again.

Neither the big nor small container are coming up in the VAB.  If it is a .dll problem, which one do I need to replace?

Have you replaced (as in completely deleted the whole folders and copied a fresh extracted folders into GameData) for KIS and KPBS?

Can you send me a log again from the fresh version now? Thanks :-)

@stali79 I have tested the Lab on a plane and was able to fly one time around Kerbin without any problems.

But i have looked at your log and found one thing, that might be related to the bug:

[EXC 12:07:22.414] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
	WildBlueIndustries.WBISciLabOpsView.OnStart (StartState state)
	Part.ModulesOnStart ()
	Part+<Start>c__Iterator25.MoveNext ()

This one is thrown multiple times when the flight scene is loaded and is caused by pathfinder (or buffalo). Can you try to remove this mod and tell me if that changes anything? It is the only real exception thrown and also is related to Science Labs i think.

Also very prominent was this one:

[ERR 12:07:57.743] Trying to reload asset from disk that is not stored on disk

but i can't say for sure, where it comes from. There are also multiple System.TypeLoadExceptions for many mods e.g. carbonite, B9_Aerospace_WingStuff, WingProcedural and many others. But i doubt, that they are related to it.

May it be possible, that you make another start and with the plane and cause the error and post the log with the exact time that was shown on your computers clock? The exceptions i found were all when the flight scene is loaded, but i did not find anything unusual duing the flight. The time might help to track down when exactly to look in the log. 

Edit: Nevermind the new log. I compared the flight time in the Screenshots with the logs when they were taken and found the exact position.

Edit2: There is one very suspicious log from KAS, when your error occurres:

[KAS] Warning ! ActiveVessel is landed and heightFromTerrain are negative (-1)

Which might be connected to this error report. There is nothing other said at that time which shows what might cause this. 
Two questions:

1. Did you stage you craft before the error happend? (There a message OPT DropTank splashed down hard) about 10 seconds later.
  2. Does something happen to the runway or the launchpad when you look back at them. The bug i linked says something about crashes with it when in space. 
Edited by Nils277

1 hour ago, Nils277 said:

@stali79 I have tested the Lab on a plane and was able to fly one time around Kerbin without any problems.

But i have looked at your log and found one thing, that might be related to the bug:

[EXC 12:07:22.414] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
	WildBlueIndustries.WBISciLabOpsView.OnStart (StartState state)
	Part.ModulesOnStart ()
	Part+<Start>c__Iterator25.MoveNext ()

This one is thrown multiple times when the flight scene is loaded and is caused by pathfinder (or buffalo). Can you try to remove this mod and tell me if that changes anything? It is the only real exception thrown and also is related to Science Labs i think.

Also very prominent was this one:

[ERR 12:07:57.743] Trying to reload asset from disk that is not stored on disk

but i can't say for sure, where it comes from. There are also multiple System.TypeLoadExceptions for many mods e.g. carbonite, B9_Aerospace_WingStuff, WingProcedural and many others. But i doubt, that they are related to it.

May it be possible, that you make another start and with the plane and cause the error and post the log with the exact time that was shown on your computers clock? The exceptions i found were all when the flight scene is loaded, but i did not find anything unusual duing the flight. The time might help to track down when exactly to look in the log. 

Edit: Nevermind the new log. I compared the flight time in the Screenshots with the logs when they were taken and found the exact position.

Edit2: There is one very suspicious log from KAS, when your error occurres:

[KAS] Warning ! ActiveVessel is landed and heightFromTerrain are negative (-1)

Which might be connected to this error report. There is nothing other said at that time which shows what might cause this. 
Two questions:

1. Did you stage you craft before the error happend? (There a message OPT DropTank splashed down hard) about 10 seconds later.
  2. Does something happen to the runway or the launchpad when you look back at them. The bug i linked says something about crashes with it when in space. 

The way my plane is setup is it runs 2 OPT drop tanks as my takeoff fuel (other ships this issue has happened on have NOT had these drop tanks both SPH and VAB ships and I use the same plane but change cargo and haven't had this issue on any other of your modules), once the tanks are dry, about 60 seconds after lift off I stage them to shed their weight and the kraken strikes sometime shortly after 200m/s altitude is variable. Launch pad appears fine after launch when looking back.

Have removed the entire wildblueindustries folder and I achieved a successful orbital insertion. so the issue is obviously in the Pathfinder/Buffalo mods. I also somehow gained 4FPS by removing those mods... 10FPS on take off is nicer to look at. Thanks for taking a look @Nils277

56 minutes ago, stali79 said:

The way my plane is setup is it runs 2 OPT drop tanks as my takeoff fuel (other ships this issue has happened on have NOT had these drop tanks both SPH and VAB ships and I use the same plane but change cargo and haven't had this issue on any other of your modules), once the tanks are dry, about 60 seconds after lift off I stage them to shed their weight and the kraken strikes sometime shortly after 200m/s altitude is variable. Launch pad appears fine after launch when looking back.

Have removed the entire wildblueindustries folder and I achieved a successful orbital insertion. so the issue is obviously in the Pathfinder/Buffalo mods. I also somehow gained 4FPS by removing those mods... 10FPS on take off is nicer to look at. Thanks for taking a look @Nils277

Guys please let angel125 know so he can address it.

Suggestion/request: Would it be possible to add an LF/O tank the size of one of the larger crewed modules? Adding any significant fuel capacity in this form factor means a ton of the small modular tanks, a lower part count solution would be awesome.

20 hours ago, Nils277 said:

Have you or @storm_soldier2377 used another version for 1.1+ of KPBS prior to 1.0.10? Or is this your first try with 1.1? One reason for thr problem might be that there are two plugin dlls installed, because I changed the folder structure and therefore the old dll gets never replaced when the new version is copied over the old.

Sorry, if you have already checked this.

Thanks a bunch :)

Deleted KPBS as well as all my other mods and reinstalled only KPBS and the life support tab is still missing. ;.;

35 minutes ago, storm_soldier2377 said:

Deleted KPBS as well as all my other mods and reinstalled only KPBS and the life support tab is still missing. ;.;

You won't see this tab when you only have KPBS installed. The LS tab is only visible when a supported LS mod, like USI-LS, TAC or similar, is installed. And only the new parts for this specific LS-Mod are shown in the tab then.
Also when you have an LS mod installed, make sure, that the LS-Tab is enabled in the config file. (You can see how to use the config file in KSPedia). But it is set to be visible by default.

If this does not help, i will need the KSP.log file from KSP installation directory to see what's wrong. :wink:

3 hours ago, Red Iron Crown said:

Suggestion/request: Would it be possible to add an LF/O tank the size of one of the larger crewed modules? Adding any significant fuel capacity in this form factor means a ton of the small modular tanks, a lower part count solution would be awesome.

Added to the TODO list :wink:

4 hours ago, Rafael acevedo said:

Guys please let angel125 know so he can address it.

Will do. Done

Edited by Nils277

4 hours ago, Rafael acevedo said:

Nils, can you check your ckan index ( sorry if I should address this on the ckan forum) it has been over 24 hours since the update and it is not showing up as 1.1.2 compatible.

Sorry, that post slipped past my eyes. Again? Maaaaan, why does CKAN always have to bugger around?  :huh: Will look at that.