[1.12.X] Kerbal Planetary Base Systems v1.6.15 [28. April 2022]

Nils277

23 minutes ago, Nils277 said:

You won't see this tab when you only have KPBS installed. The LS tab is only visible when a supported LS mod, like USI-LS, TAC or similar, is installed. And only the new parts for this specific LS-Mod are shown in the tab then.
Also when you have an LS mod installed, make sure, that the LS-Tab is enabled in the config file. (You can see how to use the config file in KSPedia). But it is set to be visible by default.

If this does not help, i will need the KSP.log file from KSP installation directory to see what's wrong. :wink:

Added to the TODO list :wink:

Will do. Done

I think the problem is with TAC life support. The version I'm using is not an official 1.1 version and has other issues like command pods not having resources. I guess I should get another LS mod. 

Just now, storm_soldier2377 said:

I think the problem is with TAC life support. The version I'm using is not an official 1.1 version and has other issues like command pods not having resources. I guess I should get another LS mod. 

Jep, i think this will be the cause. Too sad that Sarbian retired from KSP. But he/she mentioned, that someone resumes TAC-LS development, maybe there will be functional version again soonTM

Let me know, when the error persists for other LS-Mods.

Just now, Nils277 said:

Jep, i think this will be the cause. Too sad that Sarbian retired from KSP. But he/she mentioned, that someone resumes TAC-LS development, maybe there will be functional version again soonTM

Let me know, when the error persists for other LS-Mods.

Which do you recommend that is updated to 1.1 and easy to switch over? I'm not experienced with mods and have only been using mods for a few weeks or so. 

8 minutes ago, storm_soldier2377 said:

Which do you recommend that is updated to 1.1 and easy to switch over? I'm not experienced with mods and have only been using mods for a few weeks or so. 

I personally have always been a fan of USI-LS in combination with DeepFreeze (Continued).
USI-LS is a bit easier than TAC resource wise. But you also have to take care, that the Kerbals are happy and you can't let them stay in a base forever.

If you like it simple, try Snacks! It has not been updated to 1.1.2 officially yet (i think) but Angle-125 posted a rebuild for 1.1.2 here: https://github.com/Angel-125/Snacks/releases/tag/v1.1.5

There is also the very new Kerbalism. In addition to Life Support it also adds many other aspects like radation, communication etc. If you like it complex, this would fit well.

@Rafael acevedo There is a bug report filed on github for it here (wasn't me, racer01 was faster). I think it should be available soon. 

Edited by Nils277

13 hours ago, stali79 said:

Sorry for the double post. have added the log file and a couple of other screenshots.

What version of Pathfinder are you using, and did you install from CKAN? If you used CKAN, don't. CKAN is notoriously unreliable with my mods. Instead, pull the latest (0.9.18) From GitHub. I fixed a couple of things unrelated to the issue you're seeing, but with the latest KPBS, Pathfinder, and KIS, I don't see the issues you're seeing.

5 hours ago, Nils277 said:

@Rafael acevedo There is a bug report filed on github for it here (wasn't me, racer01 was faster). I think it should be available soon. 

#1135 will address KerBalloons. Kerbal Planetary Base Systems will need a cache flush of KerbalPlanetaryBaseSystems@techman83

19 hours ago, Angel-125 said:

What version of Pathfinder are you using, and did you install from CKAN? If you used CKAN, don't. CKAN is notoriously unreliable with my mods. Instead, pull the latest (0.9.18) From GitHub. I fixed a couple of things unrelated to the issue you're seeing, but with the latest KPBS, Pathfinder, and KIS, I don't see the issues you're seeing.

I dont use CKAN. I either got it from spacedock or github.

EDIT: btw it was the latest available download as of 36 hours ago

Edited by stali79

@Nils277 - I replicated that issue I mentioned in pm last night. 

In the log around 21:00 is roughly when I was trying to transfer crew.

1 Screenshot is the physical setup of the base, 1 is when "Realism Mode" in ship manifest is disabled and the other is with it enabled, With realism turned off, I get an error "Jeb is unable to reach K&K Planetory Labratory" and with it turned on I get told "source and target parts are not in same living space"

Log file (will be deleted by hosting mob in 48 hours)

Hey Nils,

Any chance you can make the K&K Planetary ISRU a solid? I was going to place some radiator's on it but there's nothing to attach it to :-(

If not nevermind its just a thing I wanted to do.

2 hours ago, stali79 said:

In the log around 21:00 is roughly when I was trying to transfer crew.

1 Screenshot is the physical setup of the base, 1 is when "Realism Mode" in ship manifest is disabled and the other is with it enabled, With realism turned off, I get an error "Jeb is unable to reach K&K Planetory Labratory" and with it turned on I get told "source and target parts are not in same living space"

Had same problem workaround on cold settings select allow unrestricted transfers

2 minutes ago, Rafael acevedo said:

Had same problem workaround on cold settings select allow unrestricted transfers

From memory i have that option selected. Will check tomorrow.

3 hours ago, stali79 said:

[...]

I think i found the bug, it is not related directly to the Laboratory, but to the Meerkat engine. It is, for whatever reason, not passable with CLS. I triple checked the config, and it is right. There are no errors in the log, that indicate what is wrong. I will try to find out what is going on there.

2 hours ago, C04L said:

Hey Nils,

Any chance you can make the K&K Planetary ISRU a solid? I was going to place some radiator's on it but there's nothing to attach it to :-(

If not nevermind its just a thing I wanted to do.

Oops, there was a wrong setting for the ISRU, will be fixed in the next update.

Edited by Nils277

@stali79 I have found the error (i mixed up some naming and made the wrong nodes impassable for CLS) I will fix that in the next update.

As a workaround, open the file "GameData/PlanetaryBaseInc/ModSupport/Configs/KPBS_MM_CLS.cfg and replace:

@PART[KKAOSS_engine_g]:FOR[PlanetarySurfaceStructures]:NEEDS[ConnectedLivingSpace]:HAS[!MODULE[ModuleConnectedLivingSpace]]
{
    MODULE
    {
        name = ModuleConnectedLivingSpace
        passable = true
        impassablenodes = front, back, leg_1, leg_2
    }
}

to:

@PART[KKAOSS_engine_g]:FOR[PlanetarySurfaceStructures]:NEEDS[ConnectedLivingSpace]:HAS[!MODULE[ModuleConnectedLivingSpace]]
{
    MODULE
    {
        passable = true
        impassablenodes = top, bottom, leg1, leg2
    }
}

Edited by Nils277

7 hours ago, Angel-125 said:

@stali79 Please give Pathfinder 0.9.19 a try, it should fix the issues you were having with KPBS and Pathfinder. :)

Will do.

7 hours ago, Nils277 said:

@stali79 I have found the error (i mixed up some naming and made the wrong nodes impassable for CLS) I will fix that in the next update.

As a workaround, open the file "GameData/PlanetaryBaseInc/ModSupport/Configs/KPBS_MM_CLS.cfg and replace:

{
    MODULE
    {
        passable = true
    }
}

to:

{
    MODULE
    {
        passable = true
    }
}

Cheers dude will change the mm patch later today.

I just wanted to thank you for the hard work you put into this mod. I just finished my latest cinematic and I couldnt have done it without you. Thank you for helping my creative vision come together!

14 hours ago, Nils277 said:

{
    MODULE
    {
        passable = true
    }
}

to:

{
    MODULE
    {
        passable = true
    }
}

I tried the MM patch with no success. Here is a screenshot of the settings I had to change to make it work, I suspect the issue MAY be on the CLS side of things?

15 hours ago, Angel-125 said:

@stali79 Please give Pathfinder 0.9.19 a try, it should fix the issues you were having with KPBS and Pathfinder. :)

Tried it, and it worked :) thanks man.

Hey Nils, 

I did not have much time for KSP during the last weeks, just updated to the current version of PBS and tried to parachute-land one of my Base packs (central hub plus 3 modules) on kerbin. 

unfortunately, i experience behavior similar to the issues that occurred at the 1.0 release version of PBS: 

invisible modules that only reappear when finally (blind) landed, sometimes I can't switch between modules already hanging on the chutes  ( "can't switch between vessel while in flight"- message) or when able to switch, i find that the chutes were cut :-(

does anybody experience similar behavior?

my base was built and tested with KSP 1.0.5 and PBS 1.0.x, KSP and PBS are updated to current versions.

best regards, Martin

2 hours ago, stali79 said:

I tried the MM patch with no success. Here is a screenshot of the settings I had to change to make it work, I suspect the issue MAY be on the CLS side of things?

The problem is most probably related to a wrong CLS config i made. I have to take a look at the other configs for CLS as well so find the error. 

40 minutes ago, mafs said:

Hey Nils, 

I did not have much time for KSP during the last weeks, just updated to the current version of PBS and tried to parachute-land one of my Base packs (central hub plus 3 modules) on kerbin. 

unfortunately, i experience behavior similar to the issues that occurred at the 1.0 release version of PBS: 

invisible modules that only reappear when finally (blind) landed, sometimes I can't switch between modules already hanging on the chutes  ( "can't switch between vessel while in flight"- message) or when able to switch, i find that the chutes were cut :-(

does anybody experience similar behavior?

my base was built and tested with KSP 1.0.5 and PBS 1.0.x, KSP and PBS are updated to current versions.

best regards, Martin

Hmm, have you deleted the old folder of PBS before installing the new one? Might be an old plugin still being around. Also, do you have the newest version of PBS? It might be an error with the IVAs i fixed recently. They caused a lot od weird errors.

If this does not help, i need a log so see what is going wrong. Can you send me one from when you tried to land the parts? (Just try to land and send me the log that is created) You can see where to find the log here here:wink:

1 minute ago, Nils277 said:

The problem is most probably related to a wrong CLS config i made. I have to take a look at the other configs for CLS as well so find the error. 

Hmm, have you deleted the old folder of PBS before installing the new one? Might be an old plugin still being around. Also, do you have the newest version of PBS? It might be an error with the IVAs i fixed recently. They caused a lot od weird errors.

If this does not help, i need a log so see what is going wrong. Can you send me one from when you tried to land the parts? (Just try to land and send me the log that is created) You can see where to find the log here here:wink:

PBS downloaded today, should be the latest version - will make a log file!

thank you so much for effort and patience!

7 minutes ago, Nils277 said:

Sorry for giving you so much extra work to do!

45 minutes ago, mafs said:

Thanks, hope there will be something in there, so I can fix it :wink:

45 minutes ago, stali79 said:

Sorry for giving you so much extra work to do!

No, problem, this is definetly an error from my side :wink:

58 minutes ago, Nils277 said:

52 minutes ago, mafs said:

hmmm - tried again with minimum amount of installed mods and could not reproduce consistently. will try to find out if there is an interference with other mods!