[1.12.X] Kerbal Planetary Base Systems v1.6.15 [28. April 2022]

Nils277

Just now, mafs said:

hmmm - tried again with minimum amount of installed mods and could not reproduce consistently. will try to find out if there is an interference with other mods!

Thanks. An iterference with another mod would be bad and definetely something i have to fix. Don't want that KPBS prevents any other mod from being installed and used :wink:

Edited by Nils277

6 minutes ago, Nils277 said:

Thanks. An iterference with another mod would be bad and definetely something i have to fix. Don't want that KPBS prevents any other mod from being installed and used :wink:

good news! had several flawless landings now having installed following mods:

PBS
KIS
KAS
KerbalEngineer
MechJeb
Infernal Robotics
Hyperedit
TweakScale

will give you feedback as soon as i can determine the probable cause - thanks for your quick replies, the efforts you put into this are unbelievable! 

I think the water in the mun atmosphere is something on my end, the resources are completely out of whack for all planets. Going to try a fresh install in 1.1.2 to see what comes up. Probably going to end up ferrying water from Minmus to the Mun. Is planetary Ice considered water?

37 minutes ago, TampaPowers said:

I think the water in the mun atmosphere is something on my end, the resources are completely out of whack for all planets. Going to try a fresh install in 1.1.2 to see what comes up. Probably going to end up ferrying water from Minmus to the Mun. Is planetary Ice considered water?

I think that the ice is considered water. I use the config from the community resource pack and there minmus has water i think.

15 hours ago, stali79 said:

I tried the MM patch with no success. Here is a screenshot of the settings I had to change to make it work, I suspect the issue MAY be on the CLS side of things?

I just tried it out and yes, it seems, that you have to enable optional passable parts for CLS to make it work, otherwise only parts that can hold crew are passable. I think this is an intended behaviour, but i am not 100% sure.

Edit: It does not seem to be related to this setting. At first, the uncrewed parts were not able to transfere crew, but were able to after i set the setting mentioned above and restarted the game. But i can't get the part to the state of being not passable again. Even without the said setting and also when i use the old (bugged) config, all parts are passable correctly. I don't know if CLS caches some things there and the behaviour therefoer does not change instantly....very strange.

Edited by Nils277

On 6.5.2016 at 4:46 PM, DaMaster_Architect said:

I would just like to share some pictures with you of my base building activities, to show off how fantastic this mod is.... Made possible thanks to @Nils277!

Looks really nice. Very atmospheric shots. 

22 hours ago, nomercy4you said:

Why is the big ISRU Base converter not generating any heat? Maybe use the heat and efficiency options from the stock isru`and tweak them?

Hmm, i used a slightly tweaked config from the stock ISRU. Might be, that squad changed it, will adjust the planetary ISRU accordingly. 

On 5/6/2016 at 9:46 AM, DaMaster_Architect said:

I would just like to share some pictures with you of my base building activities, to show off how fantastic this mod is.... Made possible thanks to @Nils277!

How do you get those transparent windows, without it being just a totally clear cut-away like it is now in stock 1.1?

1 hour ago, tsaven said:

How do you get those transparent windows, without it being just a totally clear cut-away like it is now in stock 1.1?

Well, I'm still stuck on 1.0.5, waiting for some of the mods to update! At least in 1.0.5, You can enable the transparency by right-clicking on the command pod. There you have the option "make windows transparent". But I believe the transparent windows are part of JTransparent mod (?) or whatever it is called. I didn't install anything like that mod, it seems to come by default with KPBS.

12 hours ago, tsaven said:

10 hours ago, DaMaster_Architect said:

Well, I'm still stuck on 1.0.5, waiting for some of the mods to update! At least in 1.0.5, You can enable the transparency by right-clicking on the command pod. There you have the option "make windows transparent". But I believe the transparent windows are part of JTransparent mod (?) or whatever it is called. I didn't install anything like that mod, it seems to come by default with KPBS.

I it the translarend pod feature from Raster Prop Monitor. The transparent pods are now a separate mod. It can be found here: JSI Advanced Transparent Pods JSI Advanced Transparent Pods

KPBS still has to get updated though, to fully support it. 

Kerbalism was updated and the oxygen/food resource values now correspond to community resource pack values. As a result, the planetary and container greenhouses as well as the life-support, food, and oxygen containers no longer have the capacity to sustain Kerbal life in space with Kerbalism installed :( 

1 hour ago, matlai17 said:

Kerbalism was updated and the oxygen/food resource values now correspond to community resource pack values. As a result, the planetary and container greenhouses as well as the life-support, food, and oxygen containers no longer have the capacity to sustain Kerbal life in space with Kerbalism installed :( 

So when this sort of thing happens are you resolved to letting the kerbals die or do you have like an 'overide' that god modes the kerbals? or do you just stop playing?

the amount of times this game / mods are updated make me wonder whats the point in life mods..

Edited by C04L

4 minutes ago, C04L said:

So when this sort of thing happens are you resolved to letting the kerbals die or do you have like an 'overide' that god modes the kerbals? or do you just stop playing?

the amount of times this game / mods are updated make me wonder whats the point in life mods..

I dunno what I would do since I've never used such a mod before and fortunately I didn't have any Kerbals in any danger. If there was I would probably modify the cfg file for the relevant parts to reasonable values and alter my save to give the ships the correct amount of resources.

As for the point of it... I suppose one mod lead to another. I was installing mods like crazy since the 1.1 update and some mods interacted with other mods and this was one of them. It looked interesting enough so I installed it.

14 hours ago, tsaven said:

1. Add a copy of your outer hull mesh to IVA model (keep it's normals "outward").
  2. Set DepthMask shader for that mesh copy in Unity.
  3. Re-build IVA model from Unity.
  4. Profit!

Works with both stock and JSI transparency.

8 hours ago, matlai17 said:

I will update the resources for Kerbalism with the next update. 

17 hours ago, Dr. Jet said:
  1. Add a copy of your outer hull mesh to IVA model (keep it's normals "outward").
  2. Set DepthMask shader for that mesh copy in Unity.
  3. Re-build IVA model from Unity.
  4. Profit!

Works with both stock and JSI transparency.

Ha, I was asking from a user perspective, not a modder perspective.  :)  Like, was there a secret button to click, or a mod that was required.

2 hours ago, tsaven said:

Ha, I was asking from a user perspective, not a modder perspective.  :)  Like, was there a secret button to click, or a mod that was required.

Smalll button near left kerbal portrait (becomes visible on mouseover) turns on the stock transparency. Stock looks even better than JSI (as for me) if model was treated as I wrote above.

On 5/3/2016 at 11:05 AM, Nils277 said:

Jep, i think this will be the cause. Too sad that Sarbian retired from KSP. But he/she mentioned, that someone resumes TAC-LS development, maybe there will be functional version again soonTM

Let me know, when the error persists for other LS-Mods.

Just a heads up that TAC LS development has resumed, which I'll link below. With that being said you may want to update the link to it in the supported mods section of the OP. :)

Edited by CoriW

15 minutes ago, CoriW said:

Just a heads up that TAC LS development has resumed, which I'll link below. With that being said you may want to update the link to it in the supported mods section of the OP. :)

Thanks, and done! 

1 hour ago, Caithloki said:

Is there extraplanetary launch pad options in this mod?

Not at the moment, though Nils has mentioned that he's working on something.  In the meantime, I have a couple of MM configs that should get you storage, basic workshops, and survey capability: https://github.com/DanStaal/KSP-Configs/tree/master/Planetary_Base_UKS_Addons

(The initial start was to get UKS compatibility, but that overlapped EL, so it should work for both.)

11 hours ago, Caithloki said:

Decent thank you, I enjoy the whole base building mods but without an end game of ship building I cant spend the time setting them up. I used UKS a lot but wanted to try this mod out.

Support for UKS (partial) and EPL are currently worked on. Won't be too soon though because there is a lot to do. :wink: