[1.12.X] Kerbal Planetary Base Systems v1.6.15 [28. April 2022]

Nils277

51 minutes ago, TheRagingIrishman said:

No issues. Right now it just has USI-ls compatibility so no mks manufacturing stuff in KPBS form factor. There is a compatibility project which you can see at the link below.

Thanks, ill look into it. At least in the meantime I can "technically" connect via KAS piping, well see. 

29 minutes ago, Ronin1114 said:

Hello everyone, I have a question about how to remake that K & K Launchpad used Rocket Parts and did not use Specialized parts and Material kits from UmbraSpaceIndustries ????

This isn't actually a question for this mod - EL allows mod-makers to define recipies, which get used by any launchpad that uses EL.

In the MKS folder, there is a file called 'MKS_EL.cfg'.  Remove it to remove this - and all other support for EL in MKS.  (If you want to just delete the recipes out of it, you'll still have support for building via EL using MKS parts.)

• 2 weeks later...

This mod is awesome, really great. And it plays really well with modular Kolonization. However, I have one bug: the "deploy" button never appears. I have literally never seen, neither in the field nor in the VAB. Is there a trick to make it appear? Has anyone else had the same problem? 

On 06/03/2016 at 10:52 PM, Nils277 said:

This mod adds several new parts that are designed to be used in a planetery base for the Kerbals.This includes Habitats,

Not a a big deal, but "planetary" is misspelled here (noticed it when I pasted the sentence into EL's manual).

On 8.5.2017 at 8:58 PM, progressiveMonkey said:

This mod is awesome, really great. And it plays really well with modular Kolonization. However, I have one bug: the "deploy" button never appears. I have literally never seen, neither in the field nor in the VAB. Is there a trick to make it appear? Has anyone else had the same problem? 

You mean the deploy button for the extandable parts? That is weird. What version of this mod are you using and what version of KSP are you using? I think a log file (the one called KSP.log from the main KSP folder) might shed some light into this :wink: 

On 9.5.2017 at 6:37 PM, Spaceception said:

Oh dang, I went to the old thread and I thought this mod died, so glad it was just moved to a new thread :D

No it is not dead. :D 

13 hours ago, taniwha said:

Not a a big deal, but "planetary" is misspelled here (noticed it when I pasted the sentence into EL's manual).

Thanks, will fix this soon. Had another report about the same misspelling in the CKAN entry. Damn you copy&paste :D 

1 hour ago, Nils277 said:

Thanks, will fix this soon. Had another report about the same misspelling in the CKAN entry. Damn you copy&paste :D 

Heh, it was copy&paste (into lyx with spellcheck turned on) that found it :)

You mean the deploy button for the extandable parts? That is weird. What version of this mod are you using and what version of KSP are you using? I think a log file (the one called KSP.log from the main KSP folder) might shed some light into this  

Yeah the deploy button does not appear, although I see other options such as "run plant growth study" for instance for the greenhouse. I'm running KSP 1.2.2 on OSX, with Planetary Base Inc v1.4.2. I've installed it with ckan, but I have actually never seen that option, even with earlier versions and when I had it manually installed.

One weird thing: in the VAB, when dragging an extendable part, its extendable features are visible in transparency, so it's not like they do not exist at all. 

You can see the log file here: https://wetransfer.com/downloads/b3bd427dc7cee8211d18f78a6fe12fc120170511102308/6bdc9b059932d7f9af5245255879779420170511102308/2e9642?utm_campaign=WT_email_tracking&utm_content=general&utm_medium=download_button&utm_source=notify_recipient_email

19 hours ago, progressiveMonkey said:

Yeah the deploy button does not appear, although I see other options such as "run plant growth study" for instance for the greenhouse. I'm running KSP 1.2.2 on OSX, with Planetary Base Inc v1.4.2. I've installed it with ckan, but I have actually never seen that option, even with earlier versions and when I had it manually installed.

One weird thing: in the VAB, when dragging an extendable part, its extendable features are visible in transparency, so it's not like they do not exist at all. 

You can see the log file here: https://wetransfer.com/downloads/b3bd427dc7cee8211d18f78a6fe12fc120170511102308/6bdc9b059932d7f9af5245255879779420170511102308/2e9642?utm_campaign=WT_email_tracking&utm_content=general&utm_medium=download_button&utm_source=notify_recipient_email

Hmm, it seems that the plugin dll from KPBS is missing. It should be in GameData/PlanetaryBaseInc/BaseSystem/Plugins/PlanetarySurfaceStructures.dll. Can you take a look if the plugin dll is there?

On 2017-5-12 at 8:25 AM, Nils277 said:

Hmm, it seems that the plugin dll from KPBS is missing. It should be in GameData/PlanetaryBaseInc/BaseSystem/Plugins/PlanetarySurfaceStructures.dll. Can you take a look if the plugin dll is there?

Hmmmm nope it seems to be there alright. I'm attaching a picture of the file explorer, in case there's something obvious that's hiding in plain sight? 

ReyFH3l.png

@Starwaster Good find! You are right. I just looked at the loaded dlls and searched for any "[EXC"  and only saw that the dll from KPBS was missing. Weird that a DLL that can't be loaded is only mentioned as an error. I would think that this is something more severe. 

So yeah, @progressiveMonkey it seems that the DLL is way out of date, it is actually for KSP 1.1.2 way back from June 2016.
Oh btw, do you by any chance also have problems with the B9PartSwitch or USITools or others? There are multiple errors for an "UnauthorizedAccessException" for these dlls so they might not be able to load or save some of their settings. 

Edited by Nils277

Great mod, makes building bases, rovers, and even spaceships easier, entertaining, and very cool. Except I have one issue: The docking port part will not connect with another craft using the same docking piece (both using the same docking piece). I tried for nearly half an hour, and yet they wouldn't connect. Is it a bug, glitch, or just me installing it wrong or something. And also, when a Kerbal goes on EVA, can the Kerbal spawn in the interior of the vessel first? You have clear windows, and I can see the Kerbal inside and everything, but when I EVA them, they spawn outside the craft, but there's a visible, functional interior. That's just a suggestion, not an issue. *Meow* :cool:

2 hours ago, The_Cat_In_Space said:

Great mod, makes building bases, rovers, and even spaceships easier, entertaining, and very cool. Except I have one issue: The docking port part will not connect with another craft using the same docking piece (both using the same docking piece). I tried for nearly half an hour, and yet they wouldn't connect. Is it a bug, glitch, or just me installing it wrong or something. And also, when a Kerbal goes on EVA, can the Kerbal spawn in the interior of the vessel first? You have clear windows, and I can see the Kerbal inside and everything, but when I EVA them, they spawn outside the craft, but there's a visible, functional interior. That's just a suggestion, not an issue. *Meow* :cool:

For the second: It's always possible to switch to IVA mode, and see the interior.  Try pressing 'C'.  :wink:

For the former: Can we see a pic of the ships?  I have very little trouble - taking into account that docking in KSP isn't really designed for bases/rovers, so it's kinda fiddly.  (Also: You wouldn't happen to have my KPBStoMKS pack installed, would you?  It adds some visually identical - but incompatible - construction docking ports.)

10 hours ago, DStaal said:

For the second: It's always possible to switch to IVA mode, and see the interior.  Try pressing 'C'

I know that, and that brings up the IVA, except I was saying that would it be cool if the Kerbals , when you clicked EVA, for them to actually spawn in the interior of the area first? Because it would be good. Also, the handy 'Rocket-building for Dummies' book is a very funny addition.

taking into account that docking in KSP isn't really designed for bases/rovers

SEPERATE POST, GOT MERGED ANYWAY!

Yeah, but then how are you supposed to add modules on to your base? Since it would be extremely hard but extremely awesome if you landed a part of a base, landed the other, and the docking ports actually connected because you landed them so close. Like the only way to add more modules to a base or something is to like construct the base in orbit first, and then land it. Unless you use something like KAS to link the modules together...

3 minutes ago, The_Cat_In_Space said:

I know that, and that brings up the IVA, except I was saying that would it be cool if the Kerbals , when you clicked EVA, for them to actually spawn in the interior of the area first? Because it would be good. Also, the handy 'Rocket-building for Dummies' book is a very funny addition.

The interior of the area is the IVA - So I'm not really getting what the difference is.

For the former: Can we see a pic of the ships?

SEPERATE POST, GOT MERGED ANYWAY!

Sure, once Imgur is unblocked for 'photo-sharing', I can send them to you. I'll give a little description of what I can first and then try to send the pics later. I have a multipurpose rover, which starts off with the K&K Cupola part at the front, and I can have a cargo variant with the garage side-doors, a science/research variant with the science lab or greenhouse, a crew transfer one with the crew parts, an electrical one with large solar panels, a drilling one with drills (obviously), an explorer one with bigger wheels and a little unditching beam (landing legs), or a rescue one with Klaws at various points. I am working on a canyon base on Duna, using the Mk1 lander can with the claw to grab payloads (i.e. Kerbals), and to take them to and from the canyon so they don't have to run up and down. Long post, I should've spaced it a bit!

5 minutes ago, DStaal said:

The interior of the area is the IVA - So I'm not really getting what the difference is.

I mean for the Kerbals to physically spawn INSIDE the interior and you can walk around INSIDE the interior. Similar to the IXS WarpShip mod which spawns you inside the ship with retractable doors to get outside.

I mean for the Kerbals to physically spawn INSIDE the interior and you can walk around INSIDE the interior. Similar to the IXS WarpShip mod which spawns you inside the ship with retractable doors to get outside.

Very few mods work this way and it takes a ton of effort for a mod maker to set it up in a way that works so the odds of @Nils277 implementing this are almost non-existant

That's only possible on EVA, which requires the vast majority of the part to be a hollow exterior, rather than solid with a proper IVA. Which isn't exactly practical with these parts.

Just now, Wadusher0 said:

That's only possible on EVA, which requires the vast majority of the part to be a hollow exterior, rather than solid with a proper IVA. Which isn't exactly practical with these parts.

That's what I mean. When you click on EVA, instead of them spawning outside of the craft, they could instead spawn inside, and like walk around or something. Why has Nills277 created such good IVAs, with beds, TV's and other things in rooms, but a Kerbal can't be in that area? Like maybe it's just for detail or something, because Kerbal's can't surely just stay strapped into their craft seats for years on end if someone forgets about them, but it would be really cool if the Kerbals could actually walk around inside the craft when you clicked on EVA and they could then go outside.

This has turned into a massive, pointless argument, hasn't it...I like the little additions to the interiors, such as the 'Base-building for Dummies' book, a bobblehead of Jeb, a TV with Gene Kerman having a cup of koffee, the little sticky notes 'To-do list: Clear out rats!' 'To-do list: Procrastinate until something interesting happens!'. And best of all, I love the little serial number on one of the garage pieces '1337A (1337 is Leetspeak)'. :cool:

16 minutes ago, The_Cat_In_Space said:

That's what I mean. When you click on EVA, instead of them spawning outside of the craft, they could instead spawn inside, and like walk around or something. Why has Nills277 created such good IVAs, with beds, TV's and other things in rooms, but a Kerbal can't be in that area? Like maybe it's just for detail or something, because Kerbal's can't surely just stay strapped into their craft seats for years on end if someone forgets about them, but it would be really cool if the Kerbals could actually walk around inside the craft when you clicked on EVA and they could then go outside.

This has turned into a massive, pointless argument, hasn't it...I like the little additions to the interiors, such as the 'Base-building for Dummies' book, a bobblehead of Jeb, a TV with Gene Kerman having a cup of koffee, the little sticky notes 'To-do list: Clear out rats!' 'To-do list: Procrastinate until something interesting happens!'. And best of all, I love the little serial number on one of the garage pieces '1337A (1337 is Leetspeak)'. :cool:

Those are purely decorative, as you may have guessed. Another reason they're IVAs and not hollow exteriors is so you can actually see those fun little details. Otherwise you're screen would be filled by the kerbal you're controlling. :wink: 

Also, I don't know if the control modules in this pack are RasterPropMonitor compatible, but if they are, then a hollow exterior command module in KPBS format throws those functions out the window. It would essentially be a glorified command seat. :P