Nils277

Update to 1.6.12

Changelog:

General:

• Recompile for KSP 1.10.0
  • Updated KSPModFileLocalizer to version 0.2.3.6
  • Updated CCK to version 5.1.0.0

Mod Support:

• Updated OSE Workshop support (Drill for Exotic Minerals etc.)

Download:

oYvtZpW.pngUVVt0OP.pnglMOxt2k.png

Hope this will all work in KSP 1.10. I tested, but there might me something that does not work. If you find something, let me know.

3 minutes ago, Kerminator1000 said:

Are there any mods that this needs to work?

Use CKAN and it will install any dependencies automatically. Otherwise the first post in this thread lists the mods this supports.  Depending on what mods you use will affect what parts are available to you. 

• 2 weeks later...
56 minutes ago, HardlS said:

Guys, how to dock my modules to central hub???

My usual technique is to use the docking port and retractable wheels you get with this mod. Land new modules near your base then drive the parts together.

See sample photo for a base mostly built with this mod. Each expansion is labeled in red. The important part is how 3+4 and 3+5 connect. There's a K&K Docking-Port on each side of the connection. [1+2+3 connect using different parts from Stockalike Station Parts Expanded Redux SSPXr]

Notice that there's a set of K&K Attachable Landing Gear wheels near each end of 3, 4, and 5. They are motorized, steerable wheels for maneuvering the parts together. Remember to include a piloted or drone module such as K&K HAL.

Alternate ways of assembling bases without those wheels include a skycrane to move each portion, a wheeled tractor to move each portion, or enough RCS to slide parts together.

OTYGBK9.jpg

2 hours ago, DeadJohn said:

My usual technique is to use the docking port and retractable wheels you get with this mod. Land new modules near your base then drive the parts together.

See sample photo for a base mostly built with this mod. Each expansion is labeled in red. The important part is how 3+4 and 3+5 connect. There's a K&K Docking-Port on each side of the connection. [1+2+3 connect using different parts from Stockalike Station Parts Expanded Redux SSPXr]

Notice that there's a set of K&K Attachable Landing Gear wheels near each end of 3, 4, and 5. They are motorized, steerable wheels for maneuvering the parts together. Remember to include a piloted or drone module such as K&K HAL.

Alternate ways of assembling bases without those wheels include a skycrane to move each portion, a wheeled tractor to move each portion, or enough RCS to slide parts together.

OTYGBK9.jpg

Ok, thanks.I will try it 

Get KIS, modify the weight a single kerbal can move to something like 10t, and just drag-and-attach. And then watch the kraken eat your base. :D

(i swear i'm just building the whole damn thing in place with EL next time)

11 hours ago, etmoonshade said:

Get KIS, modify the weight a single kerbal can move to something like 10t, and just drag-and-attach. And then watch the kraken eat your base. :D

(i swear i'm just building the whole damn thing in place with EL next time)

How to change it?In config?

Great mod, @Nils277! I'm definitely going to use it to build surfaces bases and such. (And some things that probably aren't surface bases as well)

Also, I think I found a minor typo in the part description of the "K&K Nuclear Fuel Storage": "The radiation levels are save (when measured from 1 km distance)" Autocorrect strikes again?

• 2 weeks later...

I haven't seen a suggestions section so I'd like to make a suggestion here: Detachable landing engines.  The Engines tab is a little lackluster, and I don't always have the space for adding an entire module just for landing, which is just one step.  I'd like to suggest a new engine that has similar functionality to that but attaches like the detachable rover wheels.  The Planetary Base Adapters already store fuel, so implementation is similar to the existing engine.  Like the rover wheels, it would have a built-in decoupler.  I also always wondered what the node in the side of the rover wheels should be for, and this would fit in perfectly.

Anyone have suggestions for thermal management solutions?  I've built a mining/refinery base on the Mun.  In the process I discovered that if a radiator isn't attached to the same part the drill is attached to, it won't regulate temperature.  As such, I've had to reconfigure my base as follows:  attached 3 drills to a K&K Cross-way, placed a Titanium Convector Radiator Inline 1/2 from KSP:IE on the top node of the Crossway, stacked a 2.5m ISRU on top of the radiator.

I'd originally planned to have everything much more linear and lower to the ground, with 3 drills on a cross way, an ore tank on top, and radial radiators on the ore tank to cool everything.  Yet, due to the lack of ability to transfer heat from the drills, to the cross way, to the ore tank, and then the radiators, this solution didn't work.  

I also discovered that without landing legs, i needed to anchor the thing to the surface with CB1 blocks and Pivoting Joints to prevent it from physics jumping every time i loaded the base.  You can see one block has moved partially under the base due to physics shifts and what not over subsequent loads into the base.

Modified Base

74563E059047D67B94E81FD3E13A9C0A157FE9B9

B270024E053B3D4E93714AEE88792FAA69F97DEB

Original Design

AD1CAB4BF4E8170F103F8A55E56ACD7396EB0EEAADBEA3A7E774055D3AC1C5C1A9961990A7290670

1 hour ago, Zunry1 said:

Anyone have suggestions for thermal management solutions?  I've built a mining/refinery base on the Mun.  In the process I discovered that if a radiator isn't attached to the same part the drill is attached to, it won't regulate temperature.

The stock static radiator panels only cool the part they are attached to, and any parts attached to that part. The stock deployable thermal control systems can cool every connected part on the vessel, I almost always use the TCS for cooling.

Edited by TBenz
Spelling

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, RP1IsSuperior said:

Is there a workshop part compatible with Global Construction?  Or should I keep using KAS as my offworld construction mod

I imagine you could look at the parts for Global Construction and figure out the format to add those workshops/etc. to the existing ones for KPBS. With that said, you'd probably get more traction (and better answers) over on the Global Construction thread:D

I downloaded this mod and I saw that parts loading on the loading screen. But when I either enter my original world or create a new one, the mods parts aren't loading. I am playing on the latest version (on PC), and I am pretty sure that it's the correct version to load this mod. I downloaded this file correctly on the GameData folder. Why won't it the parts show up? What did I do wrong?