[1.12.X] Kerbal Planetary Base Systems v1.6.15 [28. April 2022]

Nils277

• 1 month later...

Hey there!

I've got a bit of an issue... My water drill on Duna stops when it reaches certain ammount! (Drill is still on, does the animation and makes the sound but stops gathering any water) Heat control is ok and kerbals are all 5 star experienced... Any thoughts?

Edited by adriangm44
More explicit

• 3 weeks later...

I recently started playing KSP again after a long hiatus, and I'm playing with both this and the TAC-LS mod installed. I just noticed there is a part missing that was there about a year or so ago - its basically a TAC-LS algae farm that fits the quarter-cylinder container form factor used by KPBS. It converts the solid-waste resource from TACLS into fertilizer for use in the greenhouse to grow food. 

I'm not sure whether it "belongs" to this mod or the TACLS mod, but I kind of miss it because without it I don't have a good way to produce fertilizer for my station. Surprisingly the container greenhouse module that grows food from fertilizer and CO2 is still there. I'm trying to figure out if it's an issue on my end or if the part was removed from the mod for whatever reason. 

On 12/18/2020 at 6:46 PM, GKSP said:

Will the cargo module attachment system be modified to work with the new stock inventory system as well?  Would this be too difficult due to the differing ways in which KIS and stock construction works?

Look at KIFA, it works for everything but base modules

Edited by Rafael acevedo

• 2 weeks later...

Using this and Community Tech Tree (among many, many other mods).  Is there a particular reason the KPBS landing legs aren't unlocked in the same tech node as the "Planetary Adapter" part  (the one with attachment nodes specifically for the landing legs)?

Edited by SilverlightPony

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/6/2021 at 2:46 AM, Iamsodarncool said:

Hello, is there a version of KPBS that doesn't have all the new resources?  After installing the mod I'm seeing all kinds of new stuff I don't recognize, like Enriched Uranium, MaterialKits, and ExoticMinerals. I just want the pretty parts :/

Those only appear if you are using other mods, that needs them. You need to check your mod list

11 hours ago, Rafael acevedo said:

Those only appear if you are using other mods, that needs them. You need to check your mod list

This information is incorrect. I double checked with a clean install of KSP, no mods except KPBS.

However, I fixed the issue by simply deleting the files for all the parts with non-stock resources.

On 2/11/2021 at 6:28 PM, Iamsodarncool said:

This information is incorrect. I double checked with a clean install of KSP, no mods except KPBS.

However, I fixed the issue by simply deleting the files for all the parts with non-stock resources.

Well I am glad is working for you. Enjoy

The reason the OSE Workshop stuff is showing up is because of the KPBS MM Workshop patch containing a FOR(Workshop) instead of NEEDS(Workshop).  FOR tricks MM into thinking the mod is installed, while NEEDS will only apply if the mod is installed.

Hi all! I've been waiting for this mod to update since I started playing ksp again. I play with a couple other mods, and tried to install the outdated version of this one, but it prompted an error message saying it was uncompatible. Is it possible that it doesn't work with tweakscale or some other mod?

These are the mods I have currently installed:

• Transfer Window Planner
  • Environmental Visual Enhancements Redux
  • Modular light Integrator
  • KSP Interstellar Extended
  • Community Resource Pack
  • Mechjeb 2
  • Easy Vessel Switch (EVS)
  • Interstellar Fuel Switch
  • Interstellar Fuel Switch Core
  • Community Tech Tree
  • Module Manager
  • Environmental Visual Enhancements 
  • Tweak Scale - Rescale Everything!

Thank you very much

1 hour ago, motrediz said:

Hi all! I've been waiting for this mod to update since I started playing ksp again. I play with a couple other mods, and tried to install the outdated version of this one, but it prompted an error message saying it was uncompatible. Is it possible that it doesn't work with tweakscale or some other mod?

Thank you very much

Just ignore the error message. It doesn't actually mean anything concrete. It's just a test of the KSP version number against a value compiled into this mod. Doesn't actually mean it is necessarily incompatible. I'm using it right now in KSP 1.11.1. I mean the "right now" part literally - KSP is running on my Windows game machine while I'm typing this on my iMac. Yes, it gripes (I have to be careful to avoid using the word that comes most naturally to me there because the forum software will change it to "poodles"), but then it runs fine anyway.

Hey all, sorry for the late replies and long absence, actually i have not been playing KSP for at least a year now.
When i get time in the next weeks, i will try to catch up with the latest changes and make at least a version without an error message and updated dependencies.

Quick questions:

- How does the wheel transforming into legs work? or at least that's how it looks in the last 2 pics here https://imgur.com/a/oacfT#0

- How does the heat shield work? I found one heathshield piece, but it has a shape designed only for the tips of the base, not the middle parts. Does the mod "not support" horizontal landings?

Edited by Sesshaku

Welcome back my friend 

9 hours ago, Sesshaku said:

Quick questions:

- How does the wheel transforming into legs work? or at least that's how it looks in the last 2 pics here https://imgur.com/a/oacfT#0

- How does the heat shield work? I found one heathshield piece, but it has a shape designed only for the tips of the base, not the middle parts. Does the mod "not support" horizontal landings?

Two parts, the legs and the wheels, attach wheels over legs  then Right click on wheel click retract or deploy

On 3/3/2021 at 12:22 PM, Nils277 said:

Hey all, sorry for the late replies and long absence, actually i have not been playing KSP for at least a year now.
When i get time in the next weeks, i will try to catch up with the latest changes and make at least a version without an error message and updated dependencies.

Welcome back me friend

On 3/4/2021 at 6:22 AM, Nils277 said:

Nice to see you around.  I hope you are safe and healthy.

I have a request please.  You have a configs for Kerbalism, but with KerbalismSimplex there are different (less) options in regards to resources, and with together with SIMPLEXResources I am supporting a modified system of nuclear fuel.   Would it be possible to bake in these changes with your own support, or alter the :NEEDS to KerbalismConfig, rather than Kerbalism so I can put in my own?

Looking forward to the update!

Peace.

EDIT - Does the nuclear reactor with Kerbalism require Near Future Electrical as well?

Edited by theJesuit

Hello all. I'm fairly new to KSP (6 months or so), and am trying out Kerbalsim. I wanted to use KPBS b/c I really like the way the parts look. One thing I've run into is that the the MK2 hab doesn't change volume once its deployed. I'm willing to bet it's either something I'm doing wrong or a compatibility issue with various mods (KSP1.11.1.3066, Kerbalism3.12, KPBS1.6.12)

• 3 weeks later...