[1.12.X] Kerbal Planetary Base Systems v1.6.15 [28. April 2022]

Nils277

Again sorry for being inactive for quite some time. There were (again) some deadlines at work that needed my whole attention. I hope that i can start working on the updates from tomorrow. :rolleyes:

On 3/6/2021 at 6:11 PM, theJesuit said:

Nice to see you around.  I hope you are safe and healthy.

I have a request please.  You have a configs for Kerbalism, but with KerbalismSimplex there are different (less) options in regards to resources, and with together with SIMPLEXResources I am supporting a modified system of nuclear fuel.   Would it be possible to bake in these changes with your own support, or alter the :NEEDS to KerbalismConfig, rather than Kerbalism so I can put in my own?

Looking forward to the update!

Peace.

EDIT - Does the nuclear reactor with Kerbalism require Near Future Electrical as well?

Can you write me a PM regarding KerbalismSimplex, so we can discuss the neccessary changes? My informations are quite outdated, and i again have to get used to the how KSP modding works....

On 3/8/2021 at 3:49 PM, MunBoots said:

Hello all. I'm fairly new to KSP (6 months or so), and am trying out Kerbalsim. I wanted to use KPBS b/c I really like the way the parts look. One thing I've run into is that the the MK2 hab doesn't change volume once its deployed. I'm willing to bet it's either something I'm doing wrong or a compatibility issue with various mods (KSP1.11.1.3066, Kerbalism3.12, KPBS1.6.12)

If i remember correctly, this is an issue with Kerbalism because KPBS uses its own Module to animate the MK2 that is not 100% compatible with the volume changes from Kerbalism.

On 3/31/2021 at 2:38 AM, Necko_51 said:

when i installed the mod i got the manual for it but no parts

On 3/31/2021 at 4:20 AM, WarpPrime said:

@Nils277Are there any dependencies (required mods) for KPBS? If so, can you please list them? Because right now, the mod isn't loading (1.11.1) 

It is likely that the latest version of KSP is not compatible with the latest version of KSP and therefore does not show the parts. I will recompile it with the latest KSP version.

20 hours ago, Nils277 said:

Again sorry for being inactive for quite some time.

Welcome back! You've been missed, but we all know real life takes priority. 

20 hours ago, Nils277 said:

It is likely that the latest version of KSP is not compatible with the latest version of KSP...

Truer words have never been said... I might adopt this quote for my signature. :lol:

22 minutes ago, eightiesboi said:

Truer words have never been said... I might adopt this quote for my signature. :lol:

I truly had to laugh reading the quote again :D Sometimes a little typo can contain a lot of truth....

Edited by Nils277

On 4/7/2021 at 1:43 PM, Nils277 said:

Again sorry for being inactive for quite some time. There were (again) some deadlines at work that needed my whole attention. I hope that i can start working on the updates from tomorrow

welcome back my friend

On 4/7/2021 at 7:43 PM, Nils277 said:

Again sorry for being inactive for quite some time. There were (again) some deadlines at work that needed my whole attention. I hope that i can start working on the updates from tomorrow. :rolleyes:

Any spoilers to reveal? Or are you thinking mostly just a version bump?

36 minutes ago, DirtyFace83 said:

Any spoilers to reveal? Or are you thinking mostly just a version bump?

I would call it an enhanced version bump ;)  It will of course be compatible with the lastest KSP. Additionally it will add:

• Support for the new Inventory/Storage system for all (applicable) parts
  • 1-3 new container that are specifically used as storage

For now, there will not be more to add. 

Edited by Nils277

4 minutes ago, Nils277 said:

I would call it an enhanced version bump ;)  It will of course be compatible with the lastest KSP. Additionally it will add:

• Support for the new Inventory/Storage system for all (applicable) parts
  • 1-3 new container that are specifically used as storage

For now, there will not be more to add. 

Awesome. Looking forward to it :)

Ok, I've finally decided to ask this question because I can't find any clues anywhere.

The K&K Planetary Greenhouse has the Plant Growth Study science experiment available. However, it looks like this is only runnable once per mission, period. Any ideas if this is true? How do I reset it to run the experiment again?

I've already tried waiting (plants need to grow?), I've tried restoring with a scientist (no option), I've  tried retracting and redeploying, nothing works. It seems it's only possible to run the experiment once per greenhouse, per mission, ever?

I don't have any life support mods. I don't have any resource mods (except the community pack from RoverDude). I have KAS and KIS. I'm really just trying to run the experiment in different biomes to get the science points.

Help?

You can clean it using a standard science lab, not on EVA. 

For instance, try attaching the included K&K Planetary Laboratory. Deploy it, transfer a Scientist kerbal inside, then you should have the option for cleaning the experiments from the laboratory PAW

Update to 1.6.13

Changelog:

General:

• Recompile for KSP 1.11.2
  • Updated KSPModFileLocalizer to version 0.2.3.7
  • Updated CCK to version 5.2.0.0
  • Updated CRP to version 1.4.2

Localization:

• Fixed typos in english and german texts. (thanks to @Grimmas)

Enhancements:

• Added support for inventory and construction features from KSP 1.11
  • Added four new storage container for inventories

Mod Support:

• Added support for the freezer of USI-LS. (thanks to @Grimmas)
  • Improved compatibility and support for MKS. (thanks to @Grimmas)

Bug Fixes:

• Fixed crash for OSx Catalina when loading PNG files
  • Some config fixed for NEED and FOR for ModuleManager. (thanks to HSJasperism)
  • Fixes for CTT support for the KIS Tank. (thanks to @hemeac )

Download:

oYvtZpW.pngUVVt0OP.pnglMOxt2k.png

@WarpPrime and @Necko_51 You problems are very likely due to KPBS not being installed at the right location. The PlanetaryBaseInc Folder has to be in KSPs GameData folder. There should not be GameData folder inside KSPs GameData folder.

Edited by Nils277

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/23/2021 at 5:16 PM, Nils277 said:

You problems are very likely due to KPBS not being installed at the right location. The PlanetaryBaseInc Folder has to be in KSPs GameData folder. There should not be GameData folder inside KSPs GameData folder.

Does the name of the folder matter? I renamed the folder to KPBS, maybe that's why it broke.

55 minutes ago, WarpPrime said:

Does the name of the folder matter? I renamed the folder to KPBS, maybe that's why it broke.

Yes, it matters a lot. The part configs of mods (any mod) contain hardcoded paths to the part assets. These paths are relative to GameData. So for instance if you move your whole KSP install folder somewhere else it doesn't matter. But if you rename folders inside GameData itself then that mod will break for sure. It only doesn't really matter for DLLs, but any mod that adds parts will break since the game won't be able to find the models/textures for the part.

I am having problems installing the mod to Kerbal Space Program 1.11.2. I try to put it into the GameData folder, use the Modulemanager 4.1.4, and when I start up the game, it shows the the files on the start up, but when i go to a game file I choose, I go to the Spaceplane hanger and the parts are not there on the part selection slots. I don't know what is problem and I need help.

20 minutes ago, Jebediah Kerman 13 said:

I don't know what is problem and I need help.

Do you have the mods Community Category Kit and Community Resource Pack installed? They are required.

Edited by Caerfinon

2 hours ago, Jebediah Kerman 13 said:

I am having problems installing the mod to Kerbal Space Program 1.11.2. I try to put it into the GameData folder, use the Modulemanager 4.1.4, and when I start up the game, it shows the the files on the start up, but when i go to a game file I choose, I go to the Spaceplane hanger and the parts are not there on the part selection slots. I don't know what is problem and I need help.

Post a screenshot of your GameData folder please.

Is the Aquaculture Lab supposed to output food for life support purposes much as the greenhouse does?  I'm not seeing a module that outputs food in the part analogous to the module in the greenhouse.  I've never used it but have always assumed it did produce food as that is what the description reads, but the PartIinfo mod, which does list a module that outputs food for the greenhouse, does not list a conversion module outputting food for the aquaculture part.  Just want to be sure before I launch all this stuff, thanks!

1 hour ago, darthgently said:

Is the Aquaculture Lab supposed to output food for life support purposes much as the greenhouse does?  I'm not seeing a module that outputs food in the part analogous to the module in the greenhouse.  I've never used it but have always assumed it did produce food as that is what the description reads, but the PartIinfo mod, which does list a module that outputs food for the greenhouse, does not list a conversion module outputting food for the aquaculture part.  Just want to be sure before I launch all this stuff, thanks!

Hmm, I can’t recall seeing an Aquaculture Lab as part of KPBS.  Was that added because of another mod being present?

Otherwise, I do recall seeing an Aquaculture Lab as part of SSPXr. I can’t recall if it produces Snacks for the Snacks mod, though—and other LS mods might treat it differently, so we’ll also need to know what your life support mod is as well.

2 hours ago, B-STRK said:

Hmm, I can’t recall seeing an Aquaculture Lab as part of KPBS.  Was that added because of another mod being present?

Otherwise, I do recall seeing an Aquaculture Lab as part of SSPXr. I can’t recall if it produces Snacks for the Snacks mod, though—and other LS mods might treat it differently, so we’ll also need to know what your life support mod is as well.

Mea culpa, I'm in the wrong forum, it is from Station Parts Expansion.  Thanks for responding as I'd have waited quite bit for a reply before I finally realized my mistake :)

• 3 weeks later...

Update to 1.6.14
It looks like my changes to add inventories to the crewed parts and let smaller parts be constructed/moved with the new KSP inventory and construction got lost somewhere during the release. This time they are really added for full support for the new features.

Changelog:

Enhancements:

• Added support for inventory and construction features from KSP 1.11 (this time really)

Download:

oYvtZpW.pngUVVt0OP.pnglMOxt2k.png

• 3 weeks later...
10 hours ago, Captain Tak said:

Was the Flexible Tube removed? I can't find it with the latest version or any mention of it being removed.

The flexible tube has not been touched or changed since the last big change of KAS years ago.

It is however only available when you have KAS installed because it uses its functionality. Do you have it installed?

• 2 weeks later...