[1.12.X] Kerbal Planetary Base Systems v1.6.15 [28. April 2022]

Nils277

13 minutes ago, Nils277 said:

Oh no, i'm very sorry this has happened. :( The save does work when you reinstall 0.2.10? Could you send me a log file or better the save (with a list of other installed mods) so that i can take a look at it? (And hopefully find a way to fix that)

Reverting back to 0.2.10 work as expected, everything is back to where it was before the update.
Sorry, don't have any log files and I have no idea if re-installing 1.0.2 will reproduce it. Any of the several dozen mods or customizations I have installed could have been the culprit.

If more people report similar behaviour just give me a call and I'll try to reproduce it and we can start digging. Until then don't worry, 0.2.10 is still great. With KSP 1.1 I'll restart from the ground anyway, hopefully with a fully compatible KSPB.

Edited by Tex_NL

1 minute ago, Tex_NL said:

Reverting back to 0.2.10 work as expected, everything is back to where it was before the update.
Sorry, don't have any log files and I have no idea if re-installing 1.0.2 will reproduce it. Any of the several dozen mods or customizations I have installed could have been the culprit.

Okay, no problem. I will keep an eye on that or try to reproduce the situation when i have time. Just in case: do you have TAC or USI-LS installed? I replaced some of their modules, maybe this causes some conflicts. I tried it out and it worked but you can never be sure :wink:.

If you want the new parts, you can still copy them into the gamefolder (just make sure the path stays the same). Except for the cover for the garages they don't need the updated plugin dll.

Can i use this mod next to USI Kolonization? (I'm aware that connecting parts of both mods together probably won't work, i'm only interested in whether it's possible to have 2 seperate base-systems ingame. For example: create a base on Mun with only parts coming from Kerbal Planetary Base Systems, and a base on Minmus with parts of USI Kolonization).

Wow, congrats on the release. Amazing mod. The mod support (with custom parts) is the icing on the cake. This is good timing for me getting back into KSP and discovering this mod. Looking forward to the updated parts galleries and documentation as well.

2 hours ago, Cmaj6 said:

Can i use this mod next to USI Kolonization? (I'm aware that connecting parts of both mods together probably won't work, i'm only interested in whether it's possible to have 2 seperate base-systems ingame. For example: create a base on Mun with only parts coming from Kerbal Planetary Base Systems, and a base on Minmus with parts of USI Kolonization).

No technical reason why not - this should work fine given that it's primarily a parts pack, and does not have any conflicting code that I am aware of (i.e. like if you tried to use two life support systems or two resource systems simultaneously).

3 hours ago, Cmaj6 said:

Well, there's a link in the initial post for a set of compatibility patches...  (Actually, it'll work without them.  Those just add in some refinements.)

3 hours ago, Kaue_ said:

Hey, there are a way to make it compatible with Free IVA?

Free IVA is an interesting idea/mod. But i'm afraid this would need lot of work to make this possible.
I read through the OP of Free IVA and have not seen a real (helpful) description for other modders on how to support it other than saying that we should add holes where the hatches should be and box colliders for the IVA movement, but this is all a bit vague.

The DL link for this mod seems to be down too.

6 hours ago, Sir Lithium said:

Looks like the latest update changed the name of the Storage.Small part... what's the new name? Is that the mini?

Huh....i can't remember changing the name of one of the storage parts. They are still named "Modular 6X Storage", "Modular 4X Storage" and "Modular 2X Storage". They also had these names in v0.2.9 and v0.2.10. 

Do you get a message that a craft cannot be loaded because the part is missing? If yes can you tell me the exact name of the missing part?

4 hours ago, Starbuckminsterfullerton said:

Congratulations on moving out of the dev forum and into release! 

Edit: I have a habit of building rovers with station parts, maybe it will inspire you...

Iojdd12.png?1

Thanks! This is a nice rover :)

2 hours ago, Raptor9 said:

This mod pack is so awesome, so stock-a-like.  I can't imagine how much work went into those IVA's.

OMG_zpshpgo45k1.gif

Thanks! :) Well, i have not counted the hours exactly but i suspect it to be between 400h and 600h

Hey @Nils277 I've asked before but hoping you may reconsider adding it now that this is in full release...perhaps a TweakScale config for the structural parts? They really help link 2.5m parts like the hitchhiker or command pods for both surface and orbital bases. I think it would be a great addition to expand playability. Thanks either way :)

5 hours ago, Glaran K'erman said:

Hey @Nils277 I've asked before but hoping you may reconsider adding it now that this is in full release...perhaps a TweakScale config for the structural parts? They really help link 2.5m parts like the hitchhiker or command pods for both surface and orbital bases. I think it would be a great addition to expand playability. Thanks either way :)

I will try to add TweakScale support to the corridor parts :wink:

This is outstanding! Bravo. Especially those IVAs! Finest parts mod I've ever seen.

Got a few questions about USI-LS compatibility... I play with just USI-LS and not the full suite of USI mods. What's the deal with the Water resource? That doesn't exist in vanilla USI-LS. Does it play a role in MKS/UKS? The Central Hub's Recycler abilities are off the charts (90% for 8 Kerbals!!?! I think RoverDude's notes say to cap efficiency at 75%). But I guess the idea is that the extra requirement of Water balances this out?

1 hour ago, Red Iron Crown said:

Can't wait to see this mod with the new cutaway feature in 1.1, going to look amazing. :)

Wow, that seems like an interesting feature. :)

1 hour ago, jofwu said:

This is outstanding! Bravo. Especially those IVAs! Finest parts mod I've ever seen.

Got a few questions about USI-LS compatibility... I play with just USI-LS and not the full suite of USI mods. What's the deal with the Water resource? That doesn't exist in vanilla USI-LS. Does it play a role in MKS/UKS? The Central Hub's Recycler abilities are off the charts (90% for 8 Kerbals!!?! I think RoverDude's notes say to cap efficiency at 75%). But I guess the idea is that the extra requirement of Water balances this out?

Jep, i just followed Roverdudes recomendations for the configuration of the parts. Which is recycler percentage = mass / crew capcity = 7.5/8 = 93.75%. He mentioned that the normal cap is at 70% but can be raised to 90% of the recycler needs water. Which the recycler from the hub does :wink:

Although, i just discoverd that the amount of needed water is wrong. It should need 0.008, not 0.005 Water/s. Will fix that with the next release. 

Edited by Nils277

I just made an account to say that this mod is awesome! Thanks @Nils277!

I'm using this mod with TAC-LS to build a base on Minmus (or at least I'm trying) and I have a couple questions for you.

1- I noticed that the Algae Farm produces 18.35 Organics every hour, while the Planetary Greenhouse only uses 0.24 Organics a day. Is this inbalance intentional?

2- I'd like this Minmus base to be completely sustainable, but it doesn't seem possible with only your mod and TAC-LS. What other mod do you suggest to make it possible? I was thinking something to mine and convert resources would be appropriate, but not something too invasive to not ruin KPBS aesthetics.

Edited by BigJammy