[1.12.X] Kerbal Planetary Base Systems v1.6.15 [28. April 2022]

Nils277

1 hour ago, BigJammy said:

I just made an account to say that this mod is awesome! Thanks @Nils277!

I'm using this mod with TAC-LS to build a base on Minmus (or at least I'm trying) and I have a couple questions for you.

1- I noticed that the Algae Farm produces 18.35 Organics every hour, while the Planetary Greenhouse only uses 0.24 Organics a day. Is this inbalance intentional?

2- I'd like this Minmus base to be completely sustainable, but it doesn't seem possible with only your mod and TAC-LS. What other mod do you suggest to make it possible? I was thinking something to mine and convert resources would be appropriate, but not something too invasive to not ruin KPBS aesthetics.

1. No, that inbalance is not intentional, the algae-farm should produce just marginally more than the greenhouse needs. I accidently switched it with the production rate for CO2..will fix that soon.
  2. It is possible to create a self systaining base at minmus. You need:
    1. A normal drill for ore -> to get organics for the greenhouse for food
    2. A drill for water. 
    3. You can use the Elektron Container to get oxygen from some of the water.

This should be all you need to make a self sustaining base. I hope i have enough time at the weekend, to finish the documentation. In there will be an explaination on which planets a self sustaining base is possible and what is needed therefore. :wink:

Edited by Nils277

@Nils277, thanks for the explanation. It might be nice to include a MM config to adapt the stock Surface Scanning Module and Narrow-Band Scanner for Water detection. I don't know how full UKS works, but with USI-LS alone does not include a part for this. There's also no storage containers for Water, but with only the Hub using Water (and since the Hub and drill have some storage) I don't figure that's essential.

Edited by jofwu

34 minutes ago, Nils277 said:

I hope i have enough time at the weekend, to finish the documentation. In there will be an explaination on which planets a self sustaining base is possible and what is needed therefore. :wink:

Now that would be awesome!

1 hour ago, Nils277 said:

It is possible to create a self systaining base at minmus. You need:

1. A normal drill for ore -> to get organics for the greenhouse for food
  2. A drill for water. 
  3. You can use the Elektron Container to get oxygen from some of the water.

I didn't think about a drill for water because I just discovered that resources are randomly generated every new game, and my old Minmus didn't have any. Thanks! 

7 hours ago, BigJammy said:

I didn't think about a drill for water because I just discovered that resources are randomly generated every new game, and my old Minmus didn't have any. Thanks! 

It's randomly generated for each game, but the abundance should always be the same. That said, it's possible there was an update to the Water config between games. Or an error with the installation on the old one.

I say this simply to highlight the fact that you shouldn't ever have to be concerned resources not being where you thought they should be. There should always be Water on Minmus and it should always have roughly the same level of abundance. The thing that changes is simply where the concentrations are located.

6 hours ago, Eskandare said:

@Nils277, I found an odd conflict with KPBS and BDA. When I have KPBS installed it prevents BDA from displaying it's parts. If I remove KPBS, BDA shows up again. Is there any way to fix this?

BDA is BD Armory right? I will install it and investigate an the error.

4 hours ago, Bloody_looser said:

@Nils277, pls, enable water containers for USI-LS.

Will do that :wink:

If easily possible, i will also add a modified version of the scanner to find water. 

I finally started fiddling with the new parts, and I'm loving it! Once again, thank you for the update and the effort put into this!

I'd like to report something small and mostly irrelevant, but still: The water resource you're adding for the central hub should only apply for those who use MKS and/or CRP. Those who use USI-LS only don't mess with water/oxygen/etc. ;)

Edited by Kowgan

Oh man, an actual release? Congratulations, man! :D

One small detail I seem to have missed up till now - the central hub is not only the biggest house, but a science lab and a super-efficient recycler too So if I have one I don't really need any of the other pretty parts added to the central core? :P I presume I've gone and missed something, but I do love those RV-style opening bases.

Also, did you decide against the Modular Storage End having a mount point for landing gear, or have I missed it? Regardless, this is still glorious; one of my favourite part mods ever. :)

Edited by Reiver

I'm also having issues with missing disappearing parts. With KIS it has a couple of extra menus in SPH/VAB. They disappear with KPBS, this and previous versions. I'm attaching two screenshots to show you what I mean.

As you can see one has more menu icons than the other. The only difference with the two is with and without KPBS.

Congratulations on the release Nils!

in the first step i had several plans for the garage in mind, but as soon as you released the first pictures of it i instantly fell in love with the new central hub and am playing around with different deployment methods for an enhanced base at the moment, which is great fun.

during my tests i noticed some odd behavior i'ld like to report here:

Having set up a test base 20 km westwards from KSC, i witness an odd behavior of the "camera focus" as soon as the new science jr. module is included in the base - Whenever i am approaching the base with plane, rover or landing rocket, as soon as i reach the physics range distance of 2.3 km the camera moves away from the approaching vessel and towards the base, meaning i am still in control of the approaching vessel but the camera is moving towards the base and stays there.

switching camera modes or to map view and back does not help - annoying when you are trying to land a plane and all you see is your target, not your vessel :-)

has anybody witnessed a similar behaviour?

8 minutes ago, mafs said:

Having set up a test base 20 km westwards from KSC, i witness an odd behavior of the "camera focus" as soon as the new science jr. module is included in the base - Whenever i am approaching the base with plane, rover or landing rocket, as soon as i reach the physics range distance of 2.3 km the camera moves away from the approaching vessel and towards the base, meaning i am still in control of the approaching vessel but the camera is moving towards the base and stays there.

switching camera modes or to map view and back does not help - annoying when you are trying to land a plane and all you see is your target, not your vessel :-)

This sounds very similar to what I experienced.
When I tried landing near my Mun base the camera moved focus to the base. Very similar to what you say except my also lander vanished.

What happens when you triy to transmit science or an experiment? For me the procedure started but never finished.

Edited by Tex_NL

9 hours ago, Kowgan said:

I finally started fiddling with the new parts, and I'm loving it! Once again, thank you for the update and the effort put into this!

I'd like to report something small and mostly irrelevant, but still: The water resource you're adding for the central hub should only apply for those who use MKS and/or CRP. Those who use USI-LS only don't mess with water/oxygen/etc. ;)

Hmm you might be right. I added a drill for water for USI-LS too but this might be a bit too much for most ppl. I think i will remove it from USI-LS and keep it TAC-LS only :wink:

7 hours ago, Reiver said:

Oh man, an actual release? Congratulations, man! :D

One small detail I seem to have missed up till now - the central hub is not only the biggest house, but a science lab and a super-efficient recycler too So if I have one I don't really need any of the other pretty parts added to the central core? :P I presume I've gone and missed something, but I do love those RV-style opening bases.

Also, did you decide against the Modular Storage End having a mount point for landing gear, or have I missed it? Regardless, this is still glorious; one of my favourite part mods ever. :)

A good point. It might be a good idea to add moint points to that piece.

7 hours ago, Secret Hamster said:

I'm also having issues with missing disappearing parts. With KIS it has a couple of extra menus in SPH/VAB. They disappear with KPBS, this and previous versions. I'm attaching two screenshots to show you what I mean.

As you can see one has more menu icons than the other. The only difference with the two is with and without KPBS.

Well this is weird. I also have KIS and all the other Categories show as expected. Can you send me a KSP.log file please. So i can have a look at it?

Also you KSP version etc will be helpful. Or are you maybe using a 64Bit version? Or maybe on Linux? 

1 hour ago, mafs said:

I must say, i have seen it too when making some new screenshots. Will schedule that to be fixed with the next update :wink:

Edited by Nils277

1 hour ago, Tex_NL said:

This sounds very similar to what I experienced.
When I tried landing near my Mun base the camera moved focus to the base. Very similar to what you say except my also lander vanished.

What happens when you triy to transmit science or an experiment? For me the procedure started but never finished.

I did not try so far, i made several tries to narrow the symptom down to the science jr and did not experiment further.

as nils confirmed that there is a problem with this part, i will just wait for the next update - fortunately it's not the garage or the hub 

update: it just happened again without the science jr. installed, so i'm afraid i did not pinpoint the problem :-(

Edited by mafs

54 minutes ago, Nils277 said:

Hmm you might be right. I added a drill for water for USI-LS too but this might be a bit too much for most ppl. I think i will remove it from USI-LS and keep it TAC-LS only :wink:

Actually, I think he's wrong, at least depending on how you look at it.  USI-LS doesn't use water for much, but high-level recyclers do use it, including one distributed in this pack.  None are included in USI-LS itself, but water is a resource that USI-LS players may want to be able to access.

Of course, if you mean that you'll remove the drill and the use of it from the command hub (and anyplace else you're using it - that's the one I've noticed), and then have a separate config for USI-LS+USI-MKS, that I can see.  But other add-on packs might also use water as suggested by RoverDude if they add USI-LS compatibility as well.

Also, water is a useful resource for a couple of other resource chains I've seen around - several converters to fuel+oxidizer exist, for instance.

33 minutes ago, mafs said:

I did not try so far, i made several tries to narrow the symptom down to the science jr and did not experiment further.

as nils confirmed that there is a problem with this part, i will just wait for the next update - fortunately it's not the garage or the hub 

update: it just happened again without the science jr. installed, so i'm afraid i did not pinpoint the problem :-(

I can confirm behavior my lander dissapears always between 1500-1230 meters. And it reappears after it either lands ( mechjeb) or crashes. Although I do not have the science junior Kbps module I do have the stock science junior on the base. 

Using the stock tech tree, I cannot find the new central hub part in career mode, I have it in sandbox though.  Could someone direct me to where it is located please?

I also recall seeing that the size of garages was going to be customizable, however the only garage parts I have are the adapter, front ramp, side door garage, garage cover, and small garage piece with radial attachment points.  Am I missing something or did I just miss read a previous post?

Hello!

First of all, I love this mod. It makes bases look way more fun to play with :D

Well, after one of the lasts updades, I'm having an issue, here's the situation:
I built my base on Minmus using KAS/KIS with parts delivered on a few missions. Eveything was ok, but after one updade, some parts are being loaded in wrong states:

Pic of the problem:

http://imgur.com/KBT9FY1

And again, thank you and Good Job!

Edited by Weinsen
Wrong word (upgrade to update)

Hey @Nils277! Quick question: I'm trying to build a base only with your mod parts, and to do so I'm adapting your containers to work with ExtraPlanetary Launchpad resources (MetalOre, Metal and Rocket Parts). Is there an easy way to change their texture color? I was thinking about using the K&K Ore Container as model base and just change it from black to white/red/blue.

Edited by BigJammy

5 hours ago, Weinsen said:

Hello!

First of all, I love this mod. It makes bases look way more fun to play with :D

Well, after one of the lasts updades, I'm having an issue, here's the situation:
I built my base on Minmus using KAS/KIS with parts delivered on a few missions. Eveything was ok, but after one updade, some parts are being loaded in wrong states:

Pic of the problem:

http://imgur.com/KBT9FY1

And again, thank you and Good Job!

Hmm...what version did you have before? I cannot remember to have changed anything on the parts i see in you screen since the last version.

@Hell_Raiser Kowgan is right, the customizable size is the actually only the length by attaching more parts behind each other. Sorry if my explainations promised more :wink:

@All Can someone who experiences the missing icons for the other mods provide a log for me please? I cannot reproduce the issue in my rigs...tried it on Win7/8/10 and am going to try it on Fedora 19. on Fedora 19 with the 32 and 64 bit version and a can see all icons for KIS, Infernal Robotics and BD Armory.

Edited by Nils277

I have started with 0.29. After updating to 1.0.2 this started. Maybe it's an issue with KIS?

Also:
- this problem only happens with these batts.

- sometimes, some nodes are missing using KAS/KIS construction.

Edited by Weinsen