[1.12.X] Kerbal Planetary Base Systems v1.6.15 [28. April 2022]

Nils277

23 minutes ago, jlcarneiro said:

Thanks!

Like the small one, it converts ore (and electricity) into lifesupport, right? I looked into it's cfg and it hás no converter modules...

Jep, it does convert Ore and EC into Lifesupport ;)

The module is added in PlanetaryBaseInc/ModSupport/Configs/LifeSupport/KPBS_MM_IFI_LIFE_SUPPORT.dcf.
If you don't have it installed, you need ModuleManager to make this work ;)

3 hours ago, Nils277 said:

Jep, it does convert Ore and EC into Lifesupport ;)

The module is added in PlanetaryBaseInc/ModSupport/Configs/LifeSupport/KPBS_MM_IFI_LIFE_SUPPORT.dcf.
If you don't have it installed, you need ModuleManager to make this work ;)

Oh, I have MM! I asked because I wanted to understand how it works... I think MM patches may get a bit confusing but they're incredibly powerful!

Thanks for your attention! Ah, and for this awesome mod, too! ;)

Err..., sorry to bother you again, @Nils277...

As you may remeber, I use IFI-LS and I'm having trouble with the large greenhouse...

Since you said it works when crewed, I've created a base with a command module, a greenhouse, some batteries, a full ore container and an empty lifesupport container. Put this base in orbit (using KCT's simulation feature) and transfered two kerbals to the greenhouse. Since I didn't see an activate option on the right click menu, I just warped it (50x, since I was in Kerbin's low orbit) for some time but did not see the lifesupport come up... Instead it came down (due to kerbals using it)...

Does the greenhouse automatically activates when crewed? Or do I need to switch it on?

What did I do wrong?

Nils277, I just created an account here, to tell you how awesome your mod is! I mean: REALLY Awesome!

I am using it for quite a while and was planning a new Base on Duna for some time now. But after reading about the new Hub and Garage i spent days and days waiting for the final Update, sometimes twice or thrice a day coming here, hoping for good news.

In the end it was worth each and every single second of the wait! Base is set, fully self-supporting and (thanks to USI) growing fast

Your Mod makes Kerbal quite a lot more the game it should be!

Please, PLEASE keep up your awesome work!

@jlcarneiro

You did right-click the Greenhouse and press the "Start farming"-buttons, right?

2 hours ago, Kamikazepanda said:

@jlcarneiro

You did right-click the Greenhouse and press the "Start farming"-buttons, right?

Aha! I knew something was missing... I couldn't find those buttons. I'll launch KSP now and and check it. I'll post a screenshot if not...

EDIT:

Spoiler

vUwT0Qr.png

Ok, I was right, it did NOT show those buttons. What am I missing?

Edited by jlcarneiro
Added screenshot

Just now, jlcarneiro said:

Aha! I knew something was missing... I couldn't find those buttons. I'll launch KSP now and and check it. I'll post a screenshot if not...

EDIT:

Hide contents

vUwT0Qr.png

Ok, I was right, it did NOT show those buttons. What am I missing?

Oh, that is weird. I will check that :wink:

Thanks! Just remember I use IFI-LS (I haven't seen many people using it these days), ok?

Have it freshly installed just yet :wink:

Maybe you are the first one using both mods together and there has been a bug in there from the beginning. 

1 minute ago, Nils277 said:

Have it freshly installed just yet :wink:

Maybe you are the first one using both mods together and there has been a bug in there from the beginning. 

Hehehe! Murphy, I saw you! ;)

Seriously now, I'm glad to help!

On another note, I like IFI-LS because of its simplicity (only one resource). USI-LS started like this, but then grew a lot. I hope stock lifesupport goes like IFI-LS...

BTW, have I said KPBS is AWESOME? :D

Update to 1.0.6

Bug Fix:

• The support for Snacks! and IFI Life-Support now works properly (Greenhouse produces LifeSupport/Snacks now)

Download:

MRispXN.pngcNJI52O.png rMKWvsX.png

Hehehe! Murphy, I saw you! ;)

Seriously now, I'm glad to help!

On another note, I like IFI-LS because of its simplicity (only one resource). USI-LS started like this, but then grew a lot. I hope stock lifesupport goes like IFI-LS...

BTW, have I said KPBS is AWESOME? :D

Thanks, happy to hear! :)

Your problem was indeed a bug, which turned out to also apply to Snacks! I have uploaded a patch for it.
It really seems that not many have used KPBS with either of these mods together. 

Edited by Nils277

Thanks! ;)

EDIT: @Nils277, good news is the greenhouse is now working. Start farming buttons now appear, as you can see on one of the screenshots below. Bad news is for some reason, when the greenhouse is fully crewed (2 kerbonauts) the buttons disappear (the other screenshot). I am able to use it if I start the farming BEFORE fully crewing it. In the same way, once started, to stop farming I need to transfer one of the kerbonauts to another compartiment to make the buttons reapper.

Spoiler

ENjmqA6.png

eckAUoQ.png

Hope this helps! ;)

Edited by jlcarneiro
Added test result

7 hours ago, jlcarneiro said:

Thanks! ;)

EDIT: @Nils277, good news is the greenhouse is now working. Start farming buttons now appear, as you can see on one of the screenshots below. Bad news is for some reason, when the greenhouse is fully crewed (2 kerbonauts) the buttons disappear (the other screenshot). I am able to use it if I start the farming BEFORE fully crewing it. In the same way, once started, to stop farming I need to transfer one of the kerbonauts to another compartiment to make the buttons reapper.

Hide contents

ENjmqA6.png

eckAUoQ.png

Hope this helps! ;)

That is odd. Not only the buttons for the Greenhouse disappear, but also all the other buttons for light, transparent pod etc. This is really strange. I had this tested with one and with two Kerbals inside and it did not show this behaviour. 

I will need a KPS.log file to see what goes wrong there. Can you start the game and repeat the steps? (e.g. empty greenhouse -> right click -> greenhouse with one kerbal -> right click -> full greenhouse -> right click). That will hopefully reveal the bug.
What other mods (besides RPM) do you use?

EDIT:

Uhm....i have found the "bug" :D
Closely looking at you craft i saw that you only have the control room and the greenhouse at the craft, but no automatic control unit. The greenhouse does not provide the ability to control the vessel and because now there is no kerbal inside of the control part, you simply cannot control it until one kerbal is inside the control room again.

Edited by Nils277

22 hours ago, Nils277 said:

Update to 1.0.6

Download:

MRispXN.pngcNJI52O.png rMKWvsX.png

Thanks, happy to hear! :)

Your problem was indeed a bug, which turned out to also apply to Snacks! I have uploaded a patch for it.
It really seems that not many have used KPBS with either of these mods together. 

Geez nils. Im starting to lose track of which update version im on here. I didnt even get to open the zip folder for the 1.0.5 version before I have to now go and download 1.0,6.

Sorry if im sounding a bit hostile here. I trully enjoy this mod, im just puzzled by the seeming avalanche of updates.

13 minutes ago, daltonater said:

Geez nils. Im starting to lose track of which update version im on here. I didnt even get to open the zip folder for the 1.0.5 version before I have to now go and download 1.0,6.

Sorry if im sounding a bit hostile here. I trully enjoy this mod, im just puzzled by the seeming avalanche of updates.

Yeah there have been way more updates in the last few days than normal. I might have overdone it a bit :wink:
Don't worry, there won't be any more updates until KSP 1.1 will be released. (Except a critical, game-breaking error is discovered)

Edited by Nils277

Can someone please show me a screenshot of what the KPBS custom VAB parts categories are supposed to look like? Because I don't think it's working for me...

Sorry, I had to click the "advanced mode". Now I see "Planetary Structures". Ignore meeee :cool:

Edited by Tossy64

You may remember a while back I reported missing menu options for KIS/KAS. Well, with the latest 1.0.6 they appear back again.

Not sure if you posted you had found the solution or this is just an accident, I've not read back on the thread (a lot to catch up on since I last had a chance to look)

Anyway thanks.

Found a small visual bug in the VAB with certian parts. I put a twin base part mount on top of the new central hub, and while moving the camera around, the bug occured. I had the currently non attached large storage unit between the actively being built craft, and the camera, yet for some reason, the bicoupler turned invisible, but only the portion being obscured. Funny part is that the central hub didnt share this problem, despite also being obscured.

15 hours ago, ComatoseJedi said:

Just a quick question. Are you planning to increase the size of the garage to fit popular rover mods? Or am I overlooking something that makes these mods fit?

What Rover Mods do you have in mind specifically? I know of Karibou Expidition Rover and Ares (The Martian) Rover. I'm not sure if the second one could fit.

The Caribou Expidition Rover will not fit, it is simply too big and the garages would have to be unproportionally big.