[1.12.X] Kerbal Planetary Base Systems v1.6.15 [28. April 2022]

Nils277

BTW Nils, whenever you do a release with the updated USI balance, you might want to call out specifically in the patch notes that it's a pretty severe nerf for some situations.  Players who've got a career save going using USI-LS should be cautioned as they might find a bunch of their kerbals suddenly unhappy as a result of the new calculations.

I might be missing something here, but has the meerkat been removed from the mod entirely? It's not even in the parts folder anymore as far as i can tell. Might want to update the screenshot gallery or add a disclaimer that you need to use stock parts for powered landings.

Edited by krautbernd12

56 minutes ago, krautbernd12 said:

I might be missing something here, but has the meerkat been removed from the mod entirely? It's not even in the parts folder anymore as far as i can tell. Might want to update the screenshot gallery or add a disclaimer that you need to use stock parts for powered landings.

It's under the docking ports folder in the structural folder, and still there. It's pretty late in the CTT tree.

On ‎2‎/‎22‎/‎2018 at 1:07 AM, tsaven said:

BTW Nils, whenever you do a release with the updated USI balance, you might want to call out specifically in the patch notes that it's a pretty severe nerf for some situations.  Players who've got a career save going using USI-LS should be cautioned as they might find a bunch of their kerbals suddenly unhappy as a result of the new calculations.

Has the mod creator confirmed he's rebalancing the USI-LS stats?  I was about to grab this mod, but as a LS user, I'll wait to install it if there is a big overhaul coming...

@tsaven Thanks for the hint. Will add a warning notice to the next release.

@Chilkoot I will add the changes done to the USI-LS configs. But i will offer the option to download/use the old configs so that kerbals in older saves do not get hungry. The next release will probably be next week. 

Noob question, do the life support parts (algae farm, sabatier, etc.) play nicely with Kerbalism's resources and Stockalike Station Parts Expanded Redux's hydroponics and aquaculture modules? Thanks

@b0ss The parts from this mod support Kerbalism. The Stockalike Station Parts Expanded Redux mod just recently got an upadate that makes it compatible with KPBS. I don't know however how well this works with Kerbalism. I guess you have to try out :wink: 

Hello,

I'm using Dark Multi Player and there's this option to generate whitelist for the parts and mods you have for your server.

For some reason most of the KKAOS parts are not automatically added to the list and I have to track, find which ones and try to add them one by one.

Is this somehow related with the cfg files of this mod, or is it related to DMP's generation method?

Anyways just leaving it here, in case anybody cares.

On 2/24/2018 at 6:29 AM, Chilkoot said:

Has the mod creator confirmed he's rebalancing the USI-LS stats?  I was about to grab this mod, but as a LS user, I'll wait to install it if there is a big overhaul coming...

I haven't seen any word from RD that there's a major re-balance coming with either USI-LS or USI-MKS, although he's got a bunch of (very large) new parts coming for MKS.

These new configs for USI-LS were generated using RD's balance guideline spreadsheet that I linked to in earlier posts.

@Chilkoot I'm sorry, i didn't have enough time to prepare an update this week and won't be able to for another week. The changes will come when i update KPBS for the upcoming KSP 1.4 mid march.

@MaximumThrust I won't be able to take a closer look at "The Gold Standard" for at least another 2-3 weeks. And to be honest KPBS already has myriads of container/converter/harvester which already makes it hard to maintain and keep up to date. Adding another 2-4 container etc. will make it even harder. Maybe @Dewar can add the container to his/her mod? I would be providing all the necessary file to do that. 

Edited by Nils277

When working on a resource rate calculator for KPBS + TAC-LS, I noticed an issue with the spreadsheet linked in the OP. Cell Q4 of the Rates sheet is positive, when it should be negative. It currently says that Greenhouses produce CO2, rather than consume CO2. Also, the rates for the water drill and airfilter say "1+", but in game it says the max output rates are 0.75/sec.

Just wanted to give you a heads up, @Nils277.

6 hours ago, Nils277 said:

@ChilkootI'm sorry, i didn't have enough time to prepare an update this week and won't be able to for another week. The changes will come when i update KPBS for the upcoming KSP 1.4 mid march.

Hey man, can't wait, and thanks again for all the work you've put into this incredible mod :)

20 hours ago, quietsamurai98 said:

When working on a resource rate calculator for KPBS + TAC-LS, I noticed an issue with the spreadsheet linked in the OP. Cell Q4 of the Rates sheet is positive, when it should be negative. It currently says that Greenhouses produce CO2, rather than consume CO2. Also, the rates for the water drill and airfilter say "1+", but in game it says the max output rates are 0.75/sec.

Just wanted to give you a heads up, @Nils277.

The '1+' is only there to state that they produce more than needed and it depends on planet and resource abundancy. You are right about the Greenhouse, will correct that when i get back to my pc in a week.

On 2/24/2018 at 9:29 AM, Chilkoot said:

Nope... stats have not changed in ages, nor are there any plans to change them.  So I am not sure on what basis this is coming up, unless there are some extremely ancient configs out there...

48 minutes ago, RoverDude said:

Nope... stats have not changed in ages, nor are there any plans to change them.  So I am not sure on what basis this is coming up, unless there are some extremely ancient configs out there...

tsaven has given Nils a PR with new USI-LS patches, so that would be the rebalance mentioned - it's purely in this mod's configs.

I dunno if this has been asked a million times before. So i apologise if it has.
Im wondering if theres a way to get Tweakscale to work with all components of this mod? I really want to make a smaller sized base than what the size is already.
Is there already a patch for this, and im just not able to find it?
I have spent a few hours now looking around, with no luck.

On 3/2/2018 at 10:22 AM, DStaal said:

tsaven has given Nils a PR with new USI-LS patches, so that would be the rebalance mentioned - it's purely in this mod's configs.

Well I read it as the poster was asking if USI-LS was going to have its core balance re-structured, which would have made my new configs redundant as they'd have to be balanced again.  But as RD confirmed, the USI balance is pretty final. 

8 hours ago, Narodino123 said:

I dunno if this has been asked a million times before. So i apologise if it has.
Im wondering if theres a way to get Tweakscale to work with all components of this mod? I really want to make a smaller sized base than what the size is already.
Is there already a patch for this, and im just not able to find it?
I have spent a few hours now looking around, with no luck.

I'm not sure you could make these parts smaller without having the Kerbals have to crawl through them...

Has anyone had any flight stability issues when trying to launch a garage unit or two? I fought through about 30 launches and consequential mod rounds trying to get these wonderful @#$$% things into orbit before having a success. I don't want to detract from the mod support here too much as I am sure this is just something I am missing. The issue is that the launch vehicle with start off with a minor oscillation then end up having swings of 90 degrees. Its almost like there was a huge pendulum in the garage that overcomes aerodynamic and wheels stability. The launcher is the same thing I used to boost a dozen flights worth of parts up to Minmus for a base. So when the only change was these being garage parts and it being a total disaster. Two previous launches on the exact same booster with a much heavier and taller payload were just perfect.If anyone has an idea feel free to let me know.

How can I get KKAOSS Water.SurfaceScanner back in my game? It has simply disappeared, along with every craft containing it. I've reinstalled KPBS through CKAN and also manually. The water scanner isn't in the parts list, folder, or anywhere in the tech tree that I can find. 2 days of planning, building, and launching all gone POOF! because of one part. I've lost 9 ships, 4 bases, and 7 unlanded craft. GRRRR!!!!

BTW @SQUAD it is rather insane you don't allow a ship to load in the VAB if a part is missing. Let's say a thermometer wigs out, which then deletes every ship containing it, and every ship design using it. I can't simply load the ship, remove the offending part, and continue playing. WHY?

13 hours ago, Wragie said:

Has anyone had any flight stability issues when trying to launch a garage unit or two? I fought through about 30 launches and consequential mod rounds trying to get these wonderful @#$$% things into orbit before having a success. I don't want to detract from the mod support here too much as I am sure this is just something I am missing. The issue is that the launch vehicle with start off with a minor oscillation then end up having swings of 90 degrees. Its almost like there was a huge pendulum in the garage that overcomes aerodynamic and wheels stability. The launcher is the same thing I used to boost a dozen flights worth of parts up to Minmus for a base. So when the only change was these being garage parts and it being a total disaster. Two previous launches on the exact same booster with a much heavier and taller payload were just perfect.If anyone has an idea feel free to let me know.

Yeah, I am getting the same problem on two different designs. 

9 hours ago, Xardas said:

How can I get KKAOSS Water.SurfaceScanner back in my game? It has simply disappeared, along with every craft containing it. I've reinstalled KPBS through CKAN and also manually. The water scanner isn't in the parts list, folder, or anywhere in the tech tree that I can find. 2 days of planning, building, and launching all gone POOF! because of one part. I've lost 9 ships, 4 bases, and 7 unlanded craft. GRRRR!!!!

BTW @SQUAD it is rather insane you don't allow a ship to load in the VAB if a part is missing. Let's say a thermometer wigs out, which then deletes every ship containing it, and every ship design using it. I can't simply load the ship, remove the offending part, and continue playing. WHY?

I may be wrong, but if I remember correctly, you need to have TAC-LS or USI-LS installed for this part to show up. You mentioned getting it "back" and you mentioned "reinstalling KPBS" which implies that you've uninstalled a mod or two. If you uninstalled your LS mod and didn't reinstall it when you reinstalled KPBS, that might explain why the part isn't coming back.

BTW - It is always helpful to paste a link to your log files and mod lists when you're having problems, unless your question is a general one (do docking ports come in smaller sizes, etc).

Hey Nils277,

I play in 1.2.2 and I followed the install instructions as best as I can and it didn't work. maybe Im just not reading it right? can you post some kind of instructions on how to install mod version 1.4.2 into KSP 1.2.2 please?:kiss: