[1.12.X] Kerbal Planetary Base Systems v1.6.15 [28. April 2022]

Nils277

5 hours ago, bqvkhag said:

I can't assign kerbal to vessel with my command module. Help please!

Hi @bqvkhag! I saw in your other thread you are a new player. Welcome to KSP!

There are a lot of people here that might be able to help you, but you probably need to give more information. Since you are posting in the KPBS mod thread, I assume you are trying to use a part from this mod. First, it's always good to check that you've installed the mod and all its dependencies. Second, you need to be more descriptive as to what exactly you are trying to do, where you are trying to do it (as in, are you doing something in the VAB/SPH, or prior to launch at the KSC, or in flight), and what happens when you try to do it. Usually, the more detailed / descriptive you are, the better. Screenshots can help too, if they illustrate the problem. Since it sounds like you're having problems using the mod and not trying to report a bug, you probably don't need to include your logs, but you should know how to post a link to them for the future. Refer here: 

You will find that KSP is a lot of fun and sometimes very challenging. You will also find that the community is amazing and is more than willing to help you. Provide more information and be patient, and you will get the answers you need. :)

Edited by eightiesboi
Typo

On 7/4/2021 at 11:35 PM, eightiesboi said:

Hi @bqvkhag! I saw in your other thread you are a new player. Welcome to KSP!

There are a lot of people here that might be able to help you, but you probably need to give more information. Since you are posting in the KPBS mod thread, I assume you are trying to use a part from this mod. First, it's always good to check that you've installed the mod and all its dependencies. Second, you need to be more descriptive as to what exactly you are trying to do, where you are trying to do it (as in, are you doing something in the VAB/SPH, or prior to launch at the KSC, or in flight), and what happens when you try to do it. Usually, the more detailed / descriptive you are, the better. Screenshots can help too, if they illustrate the problem. Since it sounds like you're having problems using the mod and not trying to report a bug, you probably don't need to include your logs, but you should know how to post a link to them for the future. Refer here: 

You will find that KSP is a lot of fun and sometimes very challenging. You will also find that the community is amazing and is more than willing to help you. Provide more information and be patient, and you will get the answers you need. :)

I have figured out that it is only a problem with my save. Thank you for your help!

• 2 weeks later...

i have an idea for a base part

it is a expandable habitat part called the "crew cabin mk3"

it is the same size as all the other crew cabins but when it expands the roof lifts up and there is a fabric/plastic sort of walls which extend and allows the base to be a lot bigger and have a second floor in the crew cabin and can hold 6 kerbals once deployed

• 2 weeks later...

Hey @Nils277, awesome mod!  Great work on all the modeling/textures/animations, I've really enjoyed using these parts so far in my career.  I noticed a little mixup with the inventory tank parts tho(stock inventory system), the models are swapped.

fpMM50d.jpg

For anyone interested here is a MM patch to swap the models for these two parts.  Careful adding this to existing saves, it will mess up any existing craft using these parts.
@PART[KKAOSS_INV_FuelTank]:NEEDS[PlanetarySurfaceStructures]:Final
{
	@node_stack_top = 0, 0.78125, 0, 0, 1, 0, 1
    @node_stack_bottom = 0, -0.78125, 0, 0, -1, 0, 1

@MODEL
	{
		@model = PlanetaryBaseInc/BaseSystem/Parts/Cargo/storage_Inv_small
	}
}

@PART[KKAOSS_INV_FuelTank_small]:NEEDS[PlanetarySurfaceStructures]:Final
{
	@node_stack_top = 0, 1.5580, 0, 0, 1, 0, 1
    @node_stack_bottom = 0, -1.5580, 0, 0, -1, 0, 1

@MODEL
	{
		@model = PlanetaryBaseInc/BaseSystem/Parts/Cargo/storage_Inv
	}
}

Edited by VTOL Frog
forgot the nodes in the MM patch

On 6/29/2021 at 5:16 AM, BeethovenFM said:
Need help translating to Brazilian Portuguese yet? I saw where the files are, how do they usually work on it? 

Hi, thank you for the offer :rolleyes: and sorry for the late reply.
I'm currently on vacation and have no direct access to my modding files. At the moment there are 17 texts not translated into brazilian portuguese in the file:
https://github.com/Nils277/KerbalPlanetaryBaseSystems/blob/master/FOR_RELEASE/GameData/PlanetaryBaseInc/Localization/pt-br.cfg

I will write you a PM once im back to discuss the translation process.

@VTOL Frog Thanks, yes, they are kinda swapped, will fix this in the next update.

11 minutes ago, George Kikionis said:

Hey I have a question. I am going to download this amazing mod and I am not sure about something, can this mod run while I have:

Near future Launch vehicles/propulsion/spacecraft/electricity etc installed in KSP?

Do I need to download any other mod so I can use KPBS with these mods? 

@George Kikionis,

It can be used as a stand-alone mod.

Yes, you can use it with the whole gambit of @Nertea's great mods. I use them all and have never had a conflict with KPBS.

These are not required, but if you want the complete experience, you can download Extraplanetary Launchpads (lets you build things from your new bases), JSI Advanced Transparent Pods (allows the windows to be see-through), and Snacks! (continued)  (puts the greenhouses to use). I also run with these and do not have any problems.

• 2 weeks later...
6 hours ago, Kamilo said:

EL just updated to the latest version of KSP. Can we get an update on this mod to work with the latest version of EL?

Is an update to this mod needed for that or does it "just work"? Honest question; I don't know for sure. I just started a new career with both this mod and the new EL. No obvious problems yet in that the game loads and runs ok. BUt then I haven't yet gotten to where I'm actually doing anything that uses either mod yet. Soon. :-)

3 hours ago, rmaine said:

Is an update to this mod needed for that or does it "just work"? Honest question; I don't know for sure. I just started a new career with both this mod and the new EL. No obvious problems yet in that the game loads and runs ok. BUt then I haven't yet gotten to where I'm actually doing anything that uses either mod yet. Soon. :-)

I think it just works fine.

• 1 month later...
On 8/2/2021 at 11:19 PM, VTOL Frog said:

Hey @Nils277, awesome mod!  Great work on all the modeling/textures/animations, I've really enjoyed using these parts so far in my career.  I noticed a little mixup with the inventory tank parts tho(stock inventory system), the models are swapped.

fpMM50d.jpg

For anyone interested here is a MM patch to swap the models for these two parts.  Careful adding this to existing saves, it will mess up any existing craft using these parts.
@PART[KKAOSS_INV_FuelTank]:NEEDS[PlanetarySurfaceStructures]:Final
{
	@node_stack_top = 0, 0.78125, 0, 0, 1, 0, 1
    @node_stack_bottom = 0, -0.78125, 0, 0, -1, 0, 1

@MODEL
	{
		@model = PlanetaryBaseInc/BaseSystem/Parts/Cargo/storage_Inv_small
	}
}

@PART[KKAOSS_INV_FuelTank_small]:NEEDS[PlanetarySurfaceStructures]:Final
{
	@node_stack_top = 0, 1.5580, 0, 0, 1, 0, 1
    @node_stack_bottom = 0, -1.5580, 0, 0, -1, 0, 1

@MODEL
	{
		@model = PlanetaryBaseInc/BaseSystem/Parts/Cargo/storage_Inv
	}
}

Thank you!

• 3 weeks later...

Don't know if this has been mentioned yet. I don't see it mentioned after searching anyways, but this mod is NOT fully compatible with Kerbalism. I realize that's not necessarily either side's responsibility to do, but I thought I'd mention that There are AddResource processes that fail and spam NREs in the log like crazy if you try to use them. The Life support SabatierH2OPriority, WaterElectrolysisO2Priority, etc. are all spamming lots of NREs.

You can see this by opening the log while in the VAB (console) and trying to add, for example, the K&K Planetary ISRU part (just clicking on it will be enough), as well as the Life Support Recycler. -- If you don't want a gargantuan amount of NRE spam in your logs, I don't recommend using any K&K part with Kerbalism that impacts or has anything to do with LS or ISRU related to Life support, until that's somehow patched, if it gets patched.
Example image:  https://imgur.com/RUbheSa

It's far worse with the ISRU.
LOG: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1r2Fb7RlN9AOqK7_gQxZ4ow6stSF73gq6/view?usp=sharing 

[LOG 14:13:47.187] [FAR v0.16.0.4]: Voxelization Time (ms): 424
[LOG 14:13:48.563] KKAOSS.LS.container.sabatier added to ship - part count: 241
[LOG 14:13:48.564] KKAOSS.LS.container.sabatier added to ship - part count: 242
[LOG 14:13:48.565] KKAOSS.LS.container.sabatier added to ship - part count: 243
[ERR 14:13:48.662] [Kerbalism] Lib.AddResource error while adding _SabatierH2OPriority: the resource doesn't exist

[EXC 14:13:48.662] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
	KERBALISM.ProcessController.Start () (at <508759cbee33445e8d50142044bd4b10>:0)
	UnityEngine.DebugLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)
	ModuleManager.UnityLogHandle.InterceptLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)
	UnityEngine.Debug:CallOverridenDebugHandler(Exception, Object)
[ERR 14:13:48.662] [Kerbalism] Lib.AddResource error while adding _SabatierH2OPriority: the resource doesn't exist

[EXC 14:13:48.663] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
	ModuleManager.UnityLogHandle.InterceptLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)
[EXC 14:13:48.716] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
	KERBALISM.ProcessController.Update () (at <508759cbee33445e8d50142044bd4b10>:0)
[EXC 14:13:48.717] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
[EXC 14:13:48.717] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

That'll continue on and on until you completely remove the part and fully trash it in the editor. It begins again when you select any part with such a process.

• 3 weeks later...

After taking a break from building bases due to computer / game restrictions (5 FPS was not fun when driving rovers around bases in 1.3.1) I am back to base-building with the ground anchor and a beefier computer :)

@Nils277 Could you give an indication on how you would solve the issue with the swapped `K&K Storage` parts?
There are a few possible approaches:

• Keep models as is, update the name and buff the current "small" storage with the large model to 18000L -> This would not break any savegames but be a bit unbalanced compared to the stock storage parts
  • Keep models as is but update the name and change the storage capacity for each to match the model -> This might break savegames as existing containers with the small module could contain more than the maximum allows after the update
  • Deprecate the old models / parts (similar to the ScanSat legacy parts) so they cannot be used anymore in VAB / SPH but continue to work in existing savegames. Then introducing the same parts with new IDs and correct models would work and they can be re-balanced
  • Update the models (effectively apply the patch from @Steigleder to the mod) -> This would break savegames as pointed out above

Personally I'd favor the ScanSat approach but either way would work for me as I will wait with my deployment of the storage modules / bases.

Any info on if/how this will be addressed would be much appreciated.

On 10/15/2021 at 8:43 PM, charliepryor said:

Don't know if this has been mentioned yet. I don't see it mentioned after searching anyways, but this mod is NOT fully compatible with Kerbalism. I realize that's not necessarily either side's responsibility to do, but I thought I'd mention that There are AddResource processes that fail and spam NREs in the log like crazy if you try to use them. The Life support SabatierH2OPriority, WaterElectrolysisO2Priority, etc. are all spamming lots of NREs.

You can see this by opening the log while in the VAB (console) and trying to add, for example, the K&K Planetary ISRU part (just clicking on it will be enough), as well as the Life Support Recycler. -- If you don't want a gargantuan amount of NRE spam in your logs, I don't recommend using any K&K part with Kerbalism that impacts or has anything to do with LS or ISRU related to Life support, until that's somehow patched, if it gets patched.
Example image:  https://imgur.com/RUbheSa

It's far worse with the ISRU.
LOG: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1r2Fb7RlN9AOqK7_gQxZ4ow6stSF73gq6/view?usp=sharing 

[LOG 14:13:47.187] [FAR v0.16.0.4]: Voxelization Time (ms): 424
[LOG 14:13:48.563] KKAOSS.LS.container.sabatier added to ship - part count: 241
[LOG 14:13:48.564] KKAOSS.LS.container.sabatier added to ship - part count: 242
[LOG 14:13:48.565] KKAOSS.LS.container.sabatier added to ship - part count: 243

[EXC 14:13:48.662] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

[EXC 14:13:48.663] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
[EXC 14:13:48.716] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

That'll continue on and on until you completely remove the part and fully trash it in the editor. It begins again when you select any part with such a process.

Hey, sorry for the alte reply. As the log mentiones, the Exception comes originally from a Kerbalism module because one of the used resources in KPBS are not known to Kerbalism. The fault seemt to be at both sides here, the module from Kerbalism should handle such cases more gracefully and just ignore the unknown resource instead of crashing all the time. Since Kerbalism tends to change constantly and i'm currently far from actively keeping track of the changes, the support for Kerbalism is probably outdated (as in the resource was once used be Kerbalism but is not anymore)

On 11/1/2021 at 9:58 PM, Fulgora said:

After taking a break from building bases due to computer / game restrictions (5 FPS was not fun when driving rovers around bases in 1.3.1) I am back to base-building with the ground anchor and a beefier computer :)

@Nils277 Could you give an indication on how you would solve the issue with the swapped `K&K Storage` parts?
There are a few possible approaches:

• Keep models as is, update the name and buff the current "small" storage with the large model to 18000L -> This would not break any savegames but be a bit unbalanced compared to the stock storage parts
  • Keep models as is but update the name and change the storage capacity for each to match the model -> This might break savegames as existing containers with the small module could contain more than the maximum allows after the update
  • Deprecate the old models / parts (similar to the ScanSat legacy parts) so they cannot be used anymore in VAB / SPH but continue to work in existing savegames. Then introducing the same parts with new IDs and correct models would work and they can be re-balanced
  • Update the models (effectively apply the patch from @Steigleder to the mod) -> This would break savegames as pointed out above

Personally I'd favor the ScanSat approach but either way would work for me as I will wait with my deployment of the storage modules / bases.

Any info on if/how this will be addressed would be much appreciated.

Hey, i would probably go with deprecating the original parts and creating new ones with the correct configuration, this seems to be the best solution that does not break anything

@charliepryor @Nils277 I've isolated the issue. Some configs relating to priority processes were added to Kerbalism in May 2018 and removed in July 2018 in favor of dump buttons. Unfortunately, the KPBS Kerbalism patch was written during that interim time. The humidity controller was similarly removed together with the concept of humidity around the same time. As Nils described above, since there are custom resource definitions (and, in fact, whole production processes as well) missing, Kerbalism throws a fit. 

I have submitted a PR on Github which fixes both issues by removing the obsolete configs (you can use the dump buttons instead for the same effect). As a bonus, I've also added the previously missing ISRU process "Hydrazine Production (N2 Injection)" together with a patch to turn the Greenhouse experiment into a Kerbalism one That experiment, as a first draft, now takes 400 Kerbin days to complete, consumes water and ammonia to run (maybe a bit too much, in fact), returns two times the science, requires the presence of a Level 1 Scientist, requires sunlight, and creates a somewhat heavy sample that must be returned or analyzed at the lab.

• 2 weeks later...

I've updated the PR to address a few more issues:

• adding configs for Kerbalism lab experiments to the laboratory and central hub
  • adding habitat volume/surface values (they were actually already there, but due to wrong patch ordering they were not being applied correctly)
  • removing duplicate Laboratory module from the laboratory part (obsolete config since Kerbalism does the same thing already)

Until Nils has a chance to review the PR, you can also find most of the changes here.

Hi @Grimmas thank you for the pull request for fixing theses issues! :)  And sorry the long wait, way too much else to do at the moment...

I will review and merge the pull request in the coming days and make an official update.
This will also include a fix for the wrong storage units.

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, FinetalPies said:

It seems like the models got mixed up between "K&K Storage" and "K&K Storage (small)". The "smaller" version does correctly have half the storage capacity and half the weight, but is physically twice as large.

Yes, i also noticed that.

base landing legs are too fragile even with ground stabilizer installed the landing legs keep getting destroyed on vessel load even with the most even terrain you should made landing legs much tougher and prevent them from just exploding when a large base is loaded