[1.12.X] Kerbal Planetary Base Systems v1.6.15 [28. April 2022]

Nils277

I Love the parts pack you have created. The only think I am lacking is a stock alike style space tug to make it all match style wise. As to Garages please keep the measurements the same for 1.1 as both the Orbital Space Tug and ARES Rover fit perfect in there with just enough room for attachments on the vehicles.

I do have a request though. Can you change the Base Tri-Coupler by turning the hardpoints 180. This way the textured side would face out not the flat bottom.

I know I'm doing things the mod wasn't really built for but it works really well. Please I don't really care what you make just keep making them there great parts

http://spacedock.info/mod/313/Orbital%20Utility%20Vehicle

http://spacedock.info/mod/388/Phoenix%20Industries%20ARES%20Rover

47 minutes ago, Nils277 said:

@Rafael acevedo That is a really tight fit of the rover. But it still looks cool. Already have an idea how to increase the heigh of the Garage. 

@Steel Dragon Thanks, happy you like the mod. Your modular base/station looks cool :-) 

Welcome to the Forums btw.

I will be posting pics using kpbs parts as a rover so you get an idea on width.  Obtaining what you do the rover mod, if you can make a height adjustable wheel, it would be glorious

25 minutes ago, Steel Dragon said:

I Love the parts pack you have created. The only think I am lacking is a stock alike style space tug to make it all match style wise. As to Garages please keep the measurements the same for 1.1 as both the Orbital Space Tug and ARES Rover fit perfect in there with just enough room for attachments on the vehicles.

I do have a request though. Can you change the Base Tri-Coupler by turning the hardpoints 180. This way the textured side would face out not the flat bottom.

I know I'm doing things the mod wasn't really built for but it works really well. Please I don't really care what you make just keep making them there great parts

http://spacedock.info/mod/313/Orbital%20Utility%20Vehicle

http://spacedock.info/mod/388/Phoenix%20Industries%20ARES%20Rover

I would not mind an extra part but I like the tricoupler the way it is, that way I deploy into the surface right side up.  Will show you what I mean on a later post

1 hour ago, Rafael acevedo said:

I will be posting pics using kpbs parts as a rover so you get an idea on width.  Obtaining what you do the rover mod, if you can make a height adjustable wheel, it would be glorious

I would not mind an extra part but I like the tricoupler the way it is, that way I deploy into the surface right side up.  Will show you what I mean on a later post

I understand what you mean I didnt think about that usage. I use the by-coupler to make central pillars for the stations and thought the tri would look really good as the cent er of the fuel plant:
1 side has the fuel generator
1 side has ore storage and fuel cells
1 side has LO/OX/Mono tanks

I only use simple kerbal fuels fore the moment just started with robotics. That's how my rovers can adjust to different docking ports and mine :-)

But having the current part I get odd edges when rotating the parts outward but I suppose your correct there for heat shielding in flight and proper landing direction.

Hello, love your mod it is one of my favorites.

I have been messing with 1.1 and I would suggest checking if squad stock parts are having issues before adjusting any parts of the same type.  Stock wheels and landing gear were very buggy but have been drastically adjusted and they are much better now.

4 hours ago, Dailey1082 said:

Guess I'll have to remove it until it's updated then

I will be able to make an prerelease update for 1.1 on monday.

56 minutes ago, interface said:

Hello, love your mod it is one of my favorites.

I have been messing with 1.1 and I would suggest checking if squad stock parts are having issues before adjusting any parts of the same type.  Stock wheels and landing gear were very buggy but have been drastically adjusted and they are much better now.

Jep, i already saw how they changed and am currently messing around with them ;-)

I have just installed this to try (KSP v1.0.5 & KPBS v1.0.6). Has anyone else noticed that after doing a crew member transfer that if you try to switch to internal view (no JSI RPM installed) it throws a NRE? Or have I somehow messed it up?

I have a serious part request if your still doing active development. A size 1 windowed / glass bridge walk way. If you took your 6 ended modular corridor for size, stretched it to maybe double length and only a 2 way (possible 4). Then reskinned the part with the windows you use for the planetary copula (with transparentpod off) I totally love the transparentpod on for the greenhouses but until 1.1 I cant leave it on.

Please consider this as I hate the stock station / base pressurized tubs and such and absolutely love your style!!!!!!!!!!!!!:lol:

2 hours ago, Steel Dragon said:

I have a serious part request if your still doing active development. A size 1 windowed / glass bridge walk way. If you took your 6 ended modular corridor for size, stretched it to maybe double length and only a 2 way (possible 4). Then reskinned the part with the windows you use for the planetary copula (with transparentpod off) I totally love the transparentpod on for the greenhouses but until 1.1 I cant leave it on.

Please consider this as I hate the stock station / base pressurized tubs and such and absolutely love your style!!!!!!!!!!!!!:lol:

Try Kerbal Tubes for windowed walkways.  Very much in keeping!

Peace.

19 hours ago, Kaa253 said:

I have just installed this to try (KSP v1.0.5 & KPBS v1.0.6). Has anyone else noticed that after doing a crew member transfer that if you try to switch to internal view (no JSI RPM installed) it throws a NRE? Or have I somehow messed it up?

This does not sound good. Can you provide a KSP.log file for this?
Oh which part exactly did that happen?

And what other mods do you have installed?

19 hours ago, Steel Dragon said:

Hmm...do you still think this is needed with Kerbal Tubes? :wink:

1 hour ago, Nils277 said:

This does not sound good. Can you provide a KSP.log file for this?
Oh which part exactly did that happen?

And what other mods do you have installed?

I posted the issue late last night. Now I have slept on this and with a fresh perspective I guessed those exact questions you might ask. I am setting up a clean install to see if the problem can be reproduced without my usual mod it until it crashes mess.

Edit 1. It is still happening with only this mod and modulemanager in gamedata. Last night I believe I saw a lot of RPM warnings in the log. Now, if I add RPM it doesn't generate any NRE. Still investigating...

Edit 2. This looks suspiciously like it maybe that I have not broken it. [KPBS] ERROR EXC loading Images Could not find a part of the path "/home/keith/KSP_linux/Gamedata/PlanetaryBaseInc/BaseSystem/Icons/KPBSlifesupport.png". Don't you just love/hate linux/Linux? Gamedata versus GameData

Edit 3. I am not sure that "Gamedata versus GameData" is all it is? Issue logged on Github complete with Player.log. This mod looks awesome by the way! No rush, no stress, I am waiting for KSP 1.1 stable release and in the meantime switching to the space center appears to be an effective work around.

Edited by Kaa253

PreRelease for 1.1

Ladies, Gentlekerbs and others, i have uploaded a first experimental PreRelease  for KSP 1.1.

rMKWvsX.png

Please note:
This is the first step towards a conversion to 1.1 and some things might not be functional yet. This release can NOT be used in 1.0.5!

Things that still have to be done:

• Tags for the Parts (for searching)
  • Lighting in the IVAs
  • Entries for KSPedia
  • JPLRepo said, that the deepfreeze parts also need an update

If you find any serious bugs other than the mentioned ones, please report them here with a KSP.log file

Regarding the deprecated parts:

The deprecated landing gear/landing leg comination (that shouldn't be used anymore) is still missing its functionality.
The conversion is somewhat annoying and i don't know if two landing-legs/gears still would work with the new wheel system. Therefore it is not yet decided if it will remain unfunctional. It is best to not use them anymore and replace the ones already at crafts.

PS: Is anyone still using this part?

@Darkstar616 I don't know, is it? :sticktongue:

Edited by Nils277

20 hours ago, Steel Dragon said:

You are talking about the old (and somewhat barely functional) Bavarian Tubes. They did work with KIS/KAS until recently, but I think the last update has finally broke them. I'd love to see a mod with similar dimensions and in-situ base building. Plus that style of play really fits with the PBS structures.

Just my 2 cents. :D

Edited by sharpspoonful

2 hours ago, Kaa253 said:

I posted the issue late last night. Now I have slept on this and with a fresh perspective I guessed those exact questions you might ask. I am setting up a clean install to see if the problem can be reproduced without my usual mod it until it crashes mess.

Edit 1. It is still happening with only this mod and modulemanager in gamedata. Last night I believe I saw a lot of RPM warnings in the log. Now, if I add RPM it doesn't generate any NRE. Still investigating...

Edit 2. This looks suspiciously like it maybe that I have not broken it. [KPBS] ERROR EXC loading Images Could not find a part of the path "/home/keith/KSP_linux/Gamedata/PlanetaryBaseInc/BaseSystem/Icons/KPBSlifesupport.png". Don't you just love/hate linux/Linux? Gamedata versus GameData

Edit 3. I am not sure that "Gamedata versus GameData" is all it is? Issue logged on Github complete with Player.log. This mod looks awesome by the way! No rush, no stress, I am waiting for KSP 1.1 stable release and in the meantime switching to the space center appears to be an effective work around.

To Edit2:
This is not the cause for the bug you encounter. The message you see is a log entry from my code, which i added when @Secret Hamster reproted missing icons in the VAB/SPH. He/She also used linux. So you basically found the reason for another bug i was unable to find :wink: And it is indeed linked to the one darn capital letter. Lets see of this can be fixed. Is the GameData folder always named "Gamedata" on linux?

To Edit3:
Thanks for the upload. Sadly this log only mentions the occurance of an NPE NRE. Could you also upload the file named "KSP.log"? It generally provides a bit more information about the problem. Just as you mentioned it, i remember that a similar issue has also been reported on Curse not long ago. But as almost always the user did never respond to my question or provided  a log :wink:.
Well, i quess its time to start up my Linux VM once again and run a test in there :D

Êdit: Have you tried it in 1.1 with the PreRelease i just uploaded...maybe its an issue with 64Bit with the "old" KSP

Edited by Nils277

On Linux the folder is called GameData with a capital D (always).

I wondered if you really wanted KSP.log, most times modders want the Player.log from linux systems. Anyway KSP.log on Github in a few minutes.

Sorry I have not got KSP 1.1 PreRelease. I purchased KSP from the store back at version 0.18

Edited by Kaa253

The IVAs work without RPM installed as well. It is very weird. They always work, it is just when you transfer a crew member something gets primed to glitch. I think that because the kerbal portraits disappear which reminds me of parts with no IVA. Then if you try to go into IVA view mode the game freezes but does not fully lock up because you can still use ESC to return to the space centre. After doing that everything goes back to normal and you can even return to the vessel and visit all the crew in their new seats in IVA view mode. As you say, weird. I only put on RPM for a minute or two. It did seem to make the screen blink when you transferred the crew member. Like something still glitched out but the presence of RPM snaps it back to good again.

I am really impressed with the quick 1.1 releases by yourself and other modders. Well done. I hope Squad don't make us non-steamers wait too much longer for KSP 1.1 "stable".  

I wonder if I should try your new 1.1 version in 1.0.5? Here it is late so tomorrow maybe.

5 minutes ago, Kaa253 said:

The IVAs work without RPM installed as well. It is very weird. They always work, it is just when you transfer a crew member something gets primed to glitch. I think that because the kerbal portraits disappear which reminds me of parts with no IVA. Then if you try to go into IVA view mode the game freezes but does not fully lock up because you can still use ESC to return to the space centre. After doing that everything goes back to normal and you can even return to the vessel and visit all the crew in their new seats in IVA view mode. As you say, weird. I only put on RPM for a minute or two. It did seem to make the screen blink when you transferred the crew member. Like something still glitched out but the presence of RPM snaps it back to good again.

I am really impressed with the quick 1.1 releases by yourself and other modders. Well done. I hope Squad don't make us non-steamers wait too much longer for KSP 1.1 "stable".  

I wonder if I should try your new 1.1 version in 1.0.5? Here it is late so tomorrow maybe.

I would not recommend trying the 1.1 PreRelease in 1.0.5. :wink: Squad redesigned/changed some of the internal code so i had to change some sections of the plugin code to work with 1.1, meaning that the 1.1 release cannot be used in 1.0.5. Also all the Wheels/Legs are very different now and won't work.

Edited by Nils277

Found a bug with the k&k cross-way, fairly easy to replicate and it could be with other parts too but dragging, clicking, etc seems to do the trick. I put it up against the planetary cupola, shift clicked and dragged it around and it made other parts un-selectable. 

You're welcome bby

44 minutes ago, Darkstar616 said:

Found a bug with the k&k cross-way, fairly easy to replicate and it could be with other parts too but dragging, clicking, etc seems to do the trick. I put it up against the planetary cupola, shift clicked and dragged it around and it made other parts un-selectable. 

You're welcome bby

Thanks, i will look into it. What OS did you use and did you use 32Bit or 64Bit KSP?

Edit: What do you mean with: It made other parts un-selectable? The parts in the list of available objects or the parts in the editor?
A log would be helpfule there :wink:

Double Edit: My fault, i have found the reason for this bug. I accidentally used a wrong source file for the corridor-nodes. I will fix that.

Edited by Nils277