[1.12.X] Kerbal Planetary Base Systems v1.6.15 [28. April 2022]

Nils277

30 minutes ago, Nils277 said:

You can delete the RPM config for the MK1, its somewhere PlanetaryBaseInc /ModSupport/Config/RPM. Will look up the exact Name tomorrow. But you won't have to wait long otherwise, i plan to release an update in the earlier half of the next week.

Thanks, will take a look at it.

Ah, now I understand. I think when IgorZ says he tries to find a way to counter it, we will have to wait for his actions. ;-)

Hmm, have to try out this perticular part then.

Hmm, a very interesting behavior. Might be a problem with slightly overlapping colliders of the docking ports. I will try to replicate this and adjust the colliders of the docking ports accordingly. 

forget about the dish, it was not the issue. Im still looking but with no luck. It has to with remotetech for sure anyway but as I said I have around 40 mods and am still trying to get everything working properly.

2 hours ago, dave1904 said:

forget about the dish, it was not the issue. Im still looking but with no luck. It has to with remotetech for sure anyway but as I said I have around 40 mods and am still trying to get everything working properly.

and I can get the craft of the launchpad again. I have no idea what is wrong here.............

6 hours ago, dave1904 said:

and I can get the craft of the launchpad again. I have no idea what is wrong here.............

Can you send me the log file file when this happes again? There will certainly be something logged in there when the problem appears. 

4 hours ago, Nils277 said:

@Steel Dragon The vibrations you mentioned. Do they only appear when using parts from KPBS (especially the docking ports)? Or do the vibrations also appear in pure stock crafts?

In my case it was kpbs to kpbs docking port ( conformal) although I am using other mods in my game. Have not tri d pure stock parts, although I have my suspicions that this is probably why rover dude included and deploy able bumper on his new docking port on the malamute rover mod. 

Edited by Rafael acevedo

Ok I might have the problem but it has launched before like this. I have cyro tanks installed but I modded it myself to use interstellar fuel switch again instead of B9 because I had issues with tweak scale. The dry mass of the tank is negative at launch. Every time I switch it to Liq/oxid it launches but it gets stuck with liqhy/oxidizer. The tanks are empty because I want to drill for resouses. When the liqhy/oxidizer tank is full it launches so it must be the negative mass that's the issue. I will fix it and test it more. I still can't understand why it stopped hovering without remotetech but as I said it needs more testing. The only reason your mod had to do with it is that its the smallest tank (K&K T200) Ive used so far and that's why it has negative dry mass. Sorry for bothering you here about this issue

3 hours ago, Rafael acevedo said:

In my case it was kpbs to kpbs docking port ( conformal) although I am using other mods in my game. Have not tri d pure stock parts, although I have my suspicions that this is probably why rover dude included and deploy able bumper on his new docking port on the malamute rover mod. 

Your problem really sounds like you're running into a bug/limitation in the physics engine.  Basically, KSP does limited precision floating point math for physics calculations on a scheduled basis, which can be off.  Larger ships/bases are more likely be slightly off, and more likely to make that noticeable.  When you dock a force is applied to pull the ships together.  That force can cause things to wobble slightly.  If the physics is off enough that wobble will increase every time the physics is recalculated, eventually destroying the ship if allowed.  A quick mitigation is to enter time-warp when you see the wobble start - physics isn't run during time-warp, so all forces and positions get reset.

There are a few other things that could get done to mitigate the issue, but arbitrary precision physics calculations is the type of thing you build supercomputers for, so as a general issue it's not going to go away anytime soon.

7 hours ago, DStaal said:

Your problem really sounds like you're running into a bug/limitation in the physics engine.  Basically, KSP does limited precision floating point math for physics calculations on a scheduled basis, which can be off.  Larger ships/bases are more likely be slightly off, and more likely to make that noticeable.  When you dock a force is applied to pull the ships together.  That force can cause things to wobble slightly.  If the physics is off enough that wobble will increase every time the physics is recalculated, eventually destroying the ship if allowed.  A quick mitigation is to enter time-warp when you see the wobble start - physics isn't run during time-warp, so all forces and positions get reset.

There are a few other things that could get done to mitigate the issue, but arbitrary precision physics calculations is the type of thing you build supercomputers for, so as a general issue it's not going to go away anytime soon.

thanks for the suggestion to warp, will try it next time it happens

18 hours ago, Nils277 said:

@Steel Dragon The vibrations you mentioned. Do they only appear when using parts from KPBS (especially the docking ports)? Or do the vibrations also appear in pure stock crafts?

First I do use other mods but only quality ones and I test all parts thoroughly before keeping them in my main game.

The landing gear explosions / Docking port vibration issues mostly come from stock parts attached to mods. I don't really know if the do this using stock on stock (although a lot of people experience it) I did recently find a mod with a working wheel it even extends. Also the rest of the rover is fun :

Small bugfix update:
Because the big now changes are taking a bit here is an intermediate update to fix some of the bugs and bring the update for the Kerbalism resources.
I will start now also to rescale the garages, the Malemute rover von Roverdude is release, so i can now make sure it fits too!
The support for the Surface Experiment Pack and the base size fuel tank will also come in the next release.

Changelog:

v1.0.11

• Mod Support:
    • Updated resource definitions for Kerbalism
    • Partially updated support for JSIAdvTransparendPods
  •     Bug Fixes:
    • Corrected some CLS definitions
    • The deprecated gangways are now invisible in the techtree (again)
    • Parts can now be attached to the surface of the ISRU
    • Workaround for Assedloader bug for multiple KSPedia sites

Download:

MRispXN.pngcNJI52O.png rMKWvsX.png

11 hours ago, Steel Dragon said:

First I do use other mods but only quality ones and I test all parts thoroughly before keeping them in my main game.

The landing gear explosions / Docking port vibration issues mostly come from stock parts attached to mods. I don't really know if the do this using stock on stock (although a lot of people experience it) I did recently find a mod with a working wheel it even extends. Also the rest of the rover is fun :

Yep, the Karibou Expidition Rover is quite fun :) 
Maybe there is a problem between stock and mod docking ports when the colliders a not exactly aligned as expected. Can't remember this happening so often before 1.1. I will still look and see of i can adjust the collider to at least reduce the problem a bit.

Edited by Nils277

vers. 1.0.11 broke the Greenhouse.

In the top image, is a Greenhouse that I previously set to Deployed status.  It cannot be deployed. In the bottom image, with the Interior Overlay on, you can see it thinks it's deployed.

16aCAWJ.jpg

Just now, Apollo13 said:

vers. 1.0.11 broke the Greenhouse.

In the top image, is a Greenhouse that I previously set to Deployed status.  It cannot be deployed. In the bottom image, with the Interior Overlay on, you can see it thinks it's deployed.

16aCAWJ.jpg

Hmm...not good. I try to fix it asap.

1 hour ago, Nils277 said:

I will start now also to rescale the garages, the Malemute rover von Roverdude is release, so i can now make sure it fits too!

Did a quick test fit the other night. The Malemute seems to fit in the current garage pretty well. There even seemed top be ample room for a kerbal to get in around it and work (or strap the thing down for flight) if need be.

I am currently working on a MASSIVE airship that will be able to harvest not only all the science on Kerbin, but all her natural resources as well. The entire craft is basically being designed around a Malemute in a K&K garage.

This is one of the better mods that was released during my KSP break, so happy to have it, thank you for making it! It was instantly a must have mod for my style of gameplay.

Hotfix Update:

Somehow the plugin dll went missing in the last release, it is readded in v1.0.12

MRispXN.pngcNJI52O.png rMKWvsX.png

@Apollo13 This should fix it :wink: 

Just now, KhaosCorp said:

Did a quick test fit the other night. The Malemute seems to fit in the current garage pretty well. There even seemed top be ample room for a kerbal to get in around it and work (or strap the thing down for flight) if need be.

I am currently working on a MASSIVE airship that will be able to harvest not only all the science on Kerbin, but all her natural resources as well. The entire craft is basically being designed around a Malemute in a K&K garage.

This is one of the better mods that was released during my KSP break, so happy to have it, thank you for making it! It was instantly a must have mod for my style of gameplay.

Thanks. :) 
Hmm...for me the Malemute is too high for the garage a little bit. Like almost all the rovers.

Edited by Nils277

15 minutes ago, Eskandare said:

@Nils277 I noticed the wheels don't work. Did you get them working in 1.1.2?

They always worked for me kinda. They turn, they get traction but honestly their turning arc is too low in my opinion so i dont use them anymore, i just move around on the mun with rcs now.

@Nils277 can you make the wheels attachable in mirror symmetry?

Edited by stali79

Just now, Eskandare said:

I'll just reinstall then. The wheels wouldn't turn and just kept bouncing.

They should work. Have you attached them at the surface or on the attachment nodes from the landing leg or the adapter?

Just now, stali79 said:

They always worked for me kinda. They turn, they get traction but honestly their turning arc is too low in my opinion so i dont use them anymore, i just move around on the mun with rcs now.

@Nils277 can you make the wheels attachable in mirror symmetry?

I could make the wheel steer harder :wink: 
I tried to add an ttachment symmetry for the nodes some time ago. Normally this should is possible. But the shape of the parts somehow cause the part on the opposite to be always rotated inwards...

Edited by Nils277

1 minute ago, Nils277 said:

They should work. Have you attached them at the surface or on the attachment nodes from the landing leg or the adapter?

I tried to make a attachment symmetry for the nodes. Normally it is possible. But the size of the parts somehow cause the part on the opposite to be always rotated inwards...

Noooo make it steer more lol. Strange on the mirroring issue...

Just now, stali79 said:

Noooo make it steer more lol. Strange on the mirroring issue...

:D 

Yeah...have tried very hard to get it to work but i guess the way KSP calculates the symmetry for the nodes is not compatible with this mod...

1 hour ago, Nils277 said:

I tried to add an ttachment symmetry for the nodes some time ago. Normally this should is possible. But the shape of the parts somehow cause the part on the opposite to be always rotated inwards...

I surface attached, that may have been the issue. 

I dunno if it's the modules for this mod or TACS' latest release, but it seems that when you have more than one vessel travelling for lengthy periods the recycling systems dont appear to work as well....

I have 3 ships en route to Sarnus (OPM), with 2 mini greenhouses, a water recycler and o2 recyclers. The oxygen is running out around 3 years in everytime (that or food) - which makes no sense considering that in prior missions with only 1 ship (to the same specifications) I was able to travel for 6/7 years with only a minor dip in my oxygen or food.

3 hours ago, Diddly Feelerino said:

I dunno if it's the modules for this mod or TACS' latest release, but it seems that when you have more than one vessel travelling for lengthy periods the recycling systems dont appear to work as well....

I have 3 ships en route to Sarnus (OPM), with 2 mini greenhouses, a water recycler and o2 recyclers. The oxygen is running out around 3 years in everytime (that or food) - which makes no sense considering that in prior missions with only 1 ship (to the same specifications) I was able to travel for 6/7 years with only a minor dip in my oxygen or food. 

Weird. Can you say, what versions of TAC and KPBS you used with the vessel that lasted more than 6/7 years? And what versions of these mods you used before you recoginized this behaviour?
I rebalanced the resource rates of some of the converters with the version 1.0 of this mod. Not in such a great scale, but it might be enough to cause this difference.
The only difference i can think of currently is that i use a slightly modified version of the stock converters instead of the ones provided by TAC LS. I think that the TAC-LS converters handle floating point precision a bit better which might influence the results.

Can you tell me how much O2, Food and Kerbals you have on your vessels? 

Edited by Nils277