[1.12.X] Kerbal Planetary Base Systems v1.6.15 [28. April 2022]

Nils277

18 hours ago, Nils277 said:

Hmm, i'm not quite sure what you mean with a mountable base. Can you name a few more details? :) 

I believe @rodrigoelp is looking for some type of frame system similar to the following (the cargo transportation solutions one):

17 hours ago, Giland said:

Having only this mod and stock, I cannot click on the standard capsule and select crew report, nor deploy the goo container, nor observe the science jr. The options are not in the context menu. Remove the folder, they are all back. Just downloaded the latest 4/23/16.

same here although i do have a lot of mods installed so thought maybe it was a conflict with one of them.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/no4xad9gkxxnk1f/mods.jpg?dl=0

so i removed everything (except the squad folder of course) and added each mod one by 1 till the problem appeared again. once i installed planetary base the problem returned.

so I again removed everything except for squad and planetary base and the problem is still there.

as soon as i remove planetary base I can do crew reports and science experiments again.

its a shame because i really love this mod.

15 hours ago, Flxsource said:

Seem to be encountering an irritating problem - the Bigfoot landing legs aren't snapping to the Planetary Adapter plates. The green/black node indicators are there, but it just won't attach to them. Am I missing something obvious, or is this bugged?

That is because the legs can also be surface attached. When you hold down "ALT" while trying to attach the parts, it disables the surface attachment and makes it much easier to attach it.

20 hours ago, Giland said:

Having only this mod and stock, I cannot click on the standard capsule and select crew report, nor deploy the goo container, nor observe the science jr. The options are not in the context menu. Remove the folder, they are all back. Just downloaded the latest 4/23/16.

4 hours ago, DeltaVforVall said:

I encountered that bug as well, though not with KPBS installed.  I think my problem was being caused by Kerbalism.  Is anyone else observing this problem with any other mods?

2 hours ago, ChemicalBR0 said:

same here although i do have a lot of mods installed so thought maybe it was a conflict with one of them.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/no4xad9gkxxnk1f/mods.jpg?dl=0

so i removed everything (except the squad folder of course) and added each mod one by 1 till the problem appeared again. once i installed planetary base the problem returned.

so I again removed everything except for squad and planetary base and the problem is still there.

as soon as i remove planetary base I can do crew reports and science experiments again.

its a shame because i really love this mod.

There seems to be a really serious issue, that did not appear during the experimental phase for 1.1. I will try to find out what is happening and will fix it as soon as possible.

EDIT: Seems i need some more info in that. It works for me on my systems. (observe Mystery Goo, do Crew reports etc...)

1. What operating system are you using?
  2. Can one of you send me (or post a link to) a log file when this is happening (e.g. load the game and the switch to a capsule and try to make a crew report). The file is the KPS.log file that is in the same folder as the KSP.exe.
  3. What version of KSP and KPBS are you using?

4 hours ago, iNarek94 said:

@Nils277,Yet another bug, this time with science lab. Game crashed after trying to get into it manually, without transferring crew. See the log file at 15:24:28.821. Have a nice day!

Oh dear, there seem to be much more issues that expected. 

Edited by Nils277

13 hours ago, lagcity613 said:

Hey, @Nils277 , any chance you could set mod conditional parts to category -1 , instead of outright not loading them if the mod is not installed? I understand it saves memory, but I don't believe there is a way to edit :NEED with a patch, which required my Kerbalism hotpatch...support...thing... to be copies of the planetary base parts, rather than editing them. At least, I believe that will hide them - Nathankell said it a couple of years ago, may not be true anymore. Heck, it wouldn't even need to load the mesh itself, just set that to a dummy value and have the patches edit that into the part. It's just neater for all patches to target the same parts, rather than create new ones like my patches did, and I hate things not being neat...

You don't have to copy the whole model, just copy the config and make the right path for the model. But having all the unused parts still loaded in the background would make many people unhappy.
It won't take long to finish the configs.

I know this feels somewhat hacky...

11 hours ago, rodrigoelp said:

Hi @Nils277, honestly I don't know how or what to call it but I am going to try to describe what I build in order to take some of this modules to space.

At the top I take a TVR-200L Stack Bi-Adapter to fit in two modules on each side, just between to two attachment points I tend to add another attachment point to connect to it one or more "M-Beam 200 I-Beam" (enough to fit the modules at the end of this there is some kind of adapter to the airstream protective shell (most of the time is the super big 3.75mts). Obviously this takes several minutes to build properly and then it comes the balancing issues... that I connected one greenhouse on a side, and a lab on the other but the weight isn't exactly right (different issue).

Ideally there should be one part that allows you to take two modules into space (leave the weight balancing to the user, that's fine) and this part should look like it fits with the other parts and that is structurally sane. I get annoyed when I see the beam clipping a bit through any of the modules to the sticky tape it all with structs to the beam, the protective shell and the top so the engine calculates everything as a single block (or sorts).

Do I explain myself?

I think i understand what you mean. I have a look at it, to see what can be done on that end :wink:

15 hours ago, MalfunctionM1Ke said:

Geezus Christ, NILS! I am not much of a Base-builder but this mod is freakishly AWESOME! :D

@ChemicalBR0 can you try to make a complete fresh install of the Mod? Because @Giland send me a logfile and i saw, that there still was an old version of the plugin installed. I changed the folder structure of the mod with verison 1.0.0.
When you have not deleted the old folders of the mod, then you will have two plugin dlls competeing with each other because the provide the same modules. And the old one is not compiled for 1.1 and WILL cause errors.

Thats why i wrote "PLEASE REMOVE THE FOLDER OF OLDER VERSIONS OF THIS MOD BEFORE INSTALLING!" in the OP of this thread. :wink:

@iNarek94 I unfortunately have not found out yet what causes all the errors on your end. Hope i'll find something soon.

EDIT: All i can say is that the errors are always caused by the IVAs. Does the error only happen with the parts that are deployable? Might have to change some things there then. This part of the code had to be modified to most to be used in 1.1.

Edited by Nils277

This is a pretty cool mod. I love how "comfy" the parts look, it really makes surface bases look better.

Just one question though: how do you get the parts into space? Obviously, their shape is pretty unusual so you can't just stack them on top of a rocket. Is the only solution to use the bi/tri-coupler?

Also, the IVAs look pretty low res and blurry. Is this intentional?

Other than that, it's really well designed and I love the concept :D

13 hours ago, Nils277 said:

@ChemicalBR0 can you try to make a complete fresh install of the Mod? Because @Giland send me a logfile and i saw, that there still was an old version of the plugin installed. I changed the folder structure of the mod with verison 1.0.0.
When you have not deleted the old folders of the mod, then you will have two plugin dlls competeing with each other because the provide the same modules. And the old one is not compiled for 1.1 and WILL cause errors.

Thats why i wrote "PLEASE REMOVE THE FOLDER OF OLDER VERSIONS OF THIS MOD BEFORE INSTALLING!" in the OP of this thread. :wink:

@iNarek94 I unfortunately have not found out yet what causes all the errors on your end. Hope i'll find something soon.

EDIT: All i can say is that the errors are always caused by the IVAs. Does the error only happen with the parts that are deployable? Might have to change some things there then. This part of the code had to be modified to most to be used in 1.1.

yeah i did remove everything except for the squad folder before installling any 1.1 mods.

I shall try another fresh install and let you know how i get on.

8 hours ago, ChemicalBR0 said:

yeah i did remove everything except for the squad folder before installling any 1.1 mods.

I shall try another fresh install and let you know how i get on.

If the problem still happens, can you send me the KSP.log file? I need it to find out what goes wrong. Might be someting different on you end. 

On 4/24/2016 at 4:54 PM, Nils277 said:

That is because the legs can also be surface attached. When you hold down "ALT" while trying to attach the parts, it disables the surface attachment and makes it much easier to attach it.

Doh, how did I not know this? Thanks for making me slightly less ignorant.

24 minutes ago, TampaPowers said:

Is there a potential for a workshop/fabrication module to be added to repair the module wear over time?

I assume Kis/Kas fills that role but I don't know.

I wanted to ask for kerbalism support, in universal storage are a good examples of patches that work per mod.

1 hour ago, lude said:

I thought so too, but there is no container for the needed materials and much less anything to create the resources required to perform maintenance. I mean I got a base stable for 20 years, but I am aiming higher obviously.

1 hour ago, lude said:

I wanted to ask for kerbalism support, in universal storage are a good examples of patches that work per mod.

Kerbalism will be supported in the with the next update, as posted here and here :wink:

2 hours ago, TampaPowers said:

Is there a potential for a workshop/fabrication module to be added to repair the module wear over time?

Hmm, not a bad idea. Will add it to the todo list.

Edited by Nils277

1 minute ago, Nils277 said:

Kerbalism will be supported in the with the next update, as posted here and here :wink:

Hmm, not a bad idea. Will add it to the todo list.

So looking forward to this, because of the inherent lack of I decided to run USI LS and kerbalism at the same time.. :> so that I can have more planetary options.

Update to 1.0.9

I just uploaded a patch. It hopefully takes care of the most critical bugs.

v1.0.9
Mod Support:

• Added support for Kerbalism
  • Updated support for DeepFreeze (Thanks to JPLRepo for the update)

Bug Fixes:

• Rewritten IVA logic for the expandable parts. This should prevent kerbals from dissapearing and game crashes when loading a vessel.
  • Fixed support for the RPM Transparent Pod feature.

Download from the usual places:

MRispXN.pngcNJI52O.png rMKWvsX.png

@iNarek94 and @ChemicalBR0 can you try out the new version and tell me, if the problems are solved?

2 hours ago, Steel Dragon said:

In 1.0.5 the modules had the transparent option. I do not see this in 1.1 is this a separate add-on I need to enable that or is it a function no longer supported?

The transparent option is part of RPM. You need that mod installed to have this option. Although there have been some errors that had to be fixed. (See above)

Edited by Nils277

It's weird, but this mod still lacks ScanSat Support. 

Add it please:

@PART[KKAOSS_Water_OrbitalScanner]:NEEDS[SCANsat]
{
    MODULE
    {
        name = ModuleSCANresourceScanner
        sensorType = 8192
        fov = 3
        min_alt = 10000
        max_alt = 500000
        best_alt = 150000
        scanName = Water Scan
        power = 0.4
    }

MODULE
    {
        name = SCANresourceDisplay
        sensorType = 8192
        ResourceName = Water
    }
}

@PART[KKAOSS_Water_SurfaceScanner]:NEEDS[SCANsat]
{
	MODULE
	{
		sensorType = 8192
		ResourceName = Water
	}
}

6 minutes ago, Dr. Jet said:

It's weird, but this mod still lacks ScanSat Support. 

Add it please:

@PART[KKAOSS_Water_OrbitalScanner]:NEEDS[SCANsat]
{
    MODULE
    {
        name = ModuleSCANresourceScanner
        sensorType = 8192
        fov = 3
        min_alt = 10000
        max_alt = 500000
        best_alt = 150000
        scanName = Water Scan
        power = 0.4
    }

MODULE
    {
        sensorType = 8192
        ResourceName = Water
    }
}

@PART[KKAOSS_Water_SurfaceScanner]:NEEDS[SCANsat]
{
	MODULE
	{
		sensorType = 8192
		ResourceName = Water
	}
}

Well it has not been requested until now. Will add the config in the next versionn, thanks :)

Edited by Nils277

I don't know if I might be seeing things, but the Mun reports 32.1% water in its atmosphere, which would be awfully nice if it could be harvested somehow. Maybe a container that uses condensation to take the water from the atmosphere using electric charge? Maybe even a dual purpose container to take water from actual oceans.

I also looked into USI and I am rather confused as to how the whole machining mechanic actually works, but I think what is needed is either machinery or specialized parts as the replacement parts are not generated through anything. I believe all that is needed is to have a workshop module and the raw resources to handle the wear of parts, but I haven't done testing on this yet. Probably best to bug @RoverDude about this, I will ask in his thread anyways since the wiki seems out of date on this.

EDIT:

So a Workshop and Fabrication module is needed along with the drills to extract the raw resources. Probably make sense to have them on the larger side of things, maybe reusing the planetary hub model in some way?

Edited by TampaPowers

Some heavy-duty base wheels wouldn't go amiss, the standard ones aren't up for the stresses of Eve (1.7g). Maybe tripled stress/impact tolerance, and stronger suspension to match.

A higher top speed (for standard only if you add heavy-duty) and slower response for the wheels would also be nice. It's a little weird to have them immediately jump to 10m/s and just sit there, and the acceleration is hard to control.