[1.12.X] Kerbal Planetary Base Systems v1.6.15 [28. April 2022]

Nils277

So, i am trying fix all the currently known bugs and make a realease before i go in holidays. Currently i have fixed:

• Stored Experiments can't be taken from the Central Hub
  • The adapter to Size3 for the Garages can't change chape and show all shapes at once
  • The K&K Science Container has a way too high price
  • The props are clipped in the Cupola and the Central Hub
  • The Airfilter has a way too low rate for Oxygen for Kerbalism
  • The description of the Control Part says that it has no reaction wheels but the part has reaction wheels

But there are still some issues with the following ones:

1. The Meerkat engine does not have gimbal -> @brusura Squad seems to have changed the way symmetry works in one of the last updates. This part would have to be rotated by 90° by default. Which would make it different from all the other parts. Should the part be rotated by 90° or is the gimbal not that important?
  2. The Greenhouse consumes Ore when toggled on although the storage of snacks is full [Snacks!]: This seems weird to me. I can't reproduce it and the greenhouse does not produce anything when a no kerbal is inside of it. @LatiMacciato Do you have any Kerbals in your craft? If yes, this behaviour would be normal as they consume the snacks that are immediately replaces. In this case a low consumptoin rate of ore would be competely normal. I can't reproduce the other case.
  3. One of the landing leg nodes is a bit off on the Garage Structure part: @johnsonwax I can't see any weird placement of nodes on the structural garage part. Can you post a screenshot of what you mean? :) 
  4. The water container detach from the craft and bounce around[USI-LS]: I have tried many times but are unable to reproduce that bug. @Spodershibe Can you send me a log file from when that happens (the kps.log from the games installation folder)? And also a screen of the flight log (visible with F3) from when the container detach? Do the container always detach at the start or at a certain point in flight? Or at random? 

Are there any other currently known bugs i have forgotten?
I want to make the update until friday (better thursday) and hope to have most, if not all of the bugs fixed by then. Otherwise they would have to wait until i get back home.

On 8.8.2016 at 7:04 PM, Montieth said:

Regarding the hydrogen component of the recycling (and/or generation) for LS materials, is there a storage machanism for H2 aside from the basic converters that produce it from atmosphere or ore or electrolysis? I ask because the pie quarter fuel cell requires H2 and I'd like to build a reserve of H2 for powering it. 

Also, is there a way to make a given hab set closed loop while on kerbin so as to test the ability of a given hab structure to work without extra O2 input from the Kerbin atmosphere?

No there is currently no storage machanism at the moment for H2 besides the basic converters. But i have long planned to add one for them as well. In the meantime you can maybe use the model from the templates to create your own version if you like :wink: 

Hmm...regarding the testing of closed loop....the only way i can think of is to make an experimental base on the mun or in orbit of kerbin. At least i don't know of a way to make this easily possible. 

Edited by Nils277

im looking forward to this update!

yet im trying to reproduce the report i made with the small greenhouse containers

imma go try without having any kerbals in them, will post screens asap, btw have a nice holiday!!

EDIT:

i just reproduced that with a base having ore and snacks containers + 2 small greenhouses (as you can see FULL snacks reservoir :D 7300/7300)

with both greenhouse-containers on (0.16 ore consumption):

smallGreen693d.png

with both greenhouse-containers off (0 ore consumption):

smallGreen9cd3.png

with both greenhouse-containers on (0.13 ore consumption):

smallGreene328.png

as i said, ty for keep up the good work .. and plz enjoy your holiday :)

Edited by LatiMacciato

@LatiMacciato Thanks for the images and explanation. This is a really weird behaviour...i just tested it myself with a quite similar craft (with 7600 Snacks and two Greenhouse Converters) and they work just fine. As soon as the storage is full, the Greenhouse stops producing and says that Snacks are full. Do they ever say that in your game? What other mods do you have installed? Can you post the KSP.log from the games installation directory? I have my doubts, but maybe its something logged there that might explain this behaviour. 

Edited by Nils277

On 06/08/2016 at 1:18 PM, Rafael acevedo said:

R57tWoR.png

I am attaching the picture.  please be aware that the buffalo mode was having issues with one of the wheels that would not turn. I believe it was the grissly.  the nw hangar is big enough to store the malemute, the buffalo and the us exploration kit rover

no, that is not what i meant, when i downloaded the Buffalo mod, the parts did not load in

1 hour ago, Boy1880 Kerman said:

no, that is not what i meant, when i downloaded the Buffalo mod, the parts did not load in

You mean they didn't load into the game at all?  In that case you probably have a mod install issue.  Head over to the Buffalo thread and ask for help.  :wink:

So, i decided to release the update although there are some bugs left.

Changelog:

Bug Fixes:

• Stored Experiments can now be taken from the Central Hub
  • The adapter to Size3 for the Garages and the Cover now work correctly
  • The K&K Science Container now has a reasonable price
  • Removed clippping of props when RPM is installed
  • The Airfilter now has the right amounts of Oxygen for Kerbalism

Download:

MRispXN.pngcNJI52O.png rMKWvsX.png

@Hupf I tried to reproduce the small bug with the wrong texts for the wheels and legs, but was not able to reproduce them. The text changed accordingly to the state of the legs/wheels. Do you have any mod installed that makes changes to the wheel system or something similar? I have not set any names for the actions, they are embedded into the stock modules.

Edited by Nils277

On 10.8.2016 at 3:34 PM, Nils277 said:

@LatiMacciato Thanks for the images and explanation. This is a really weird behaviour...i just tested it myself with a quite similar craft (with 7600 Snacks and two Greenhouse Converters) and they work just fine. As soon as the storage is full, the Greenhouse stops producing and says that Snacks are full. Do they ever say that in your game? What other mods do you have installed? Can you post the KSP.log from the games installation directory? I have my doubts, but maybe its something logged there that might explain this behaviour. 

unsure if my game somehow "corrupted" tho .. but maybe it could be a snacks issue with my game, snacks sometimes overfill places

snacks_oveac5e.png

On the garage structure one of these nodes is wrong:

// --- node definitions ---
    node_stack_top = 0, 0.359, 0, 0, 1, 0, 2
    node_stack_bottom = 0, -0.34, 0, 0, -1, 0, 2

Pretty sure one should be the negative of the other, as with the garage front, except that it also sits at a little angle. 

IZeqFUD.png

Edited by johnsonwax

On 9/8/2016 at 10:45 PM, Nils277 said:

The Meerkat engine does not have gimbal -> @brusura Squad seems to have changed the way symmetry works in one of the last updates. This part would have to be rotated by 90° by default. Which would make it different from all the other parts. Should the part be rotated by 90° or is the gimbal not that important?

Well for me I prefer to have the gimbal, I can live with the need to rotate the part in VAB/SPH but then someone will ask you why this part is rotated ^_^ , up to you mate thanks for looking into it,

i was able to sorta fix the greenhouse thing by using ship manifest to empty and refill parts that hold snacks, somehow the greenhouse container filled even mechjeb cases LMAO .. well however .. after that it didnt did reappear in this vessel at least

before SM-refill: (somehow sounds very wrong LOL)

snacks_ove5195.png

and after:

snacks_oveffe4.png

EDIT: temp fix just works temporary .. after reloading the base it filled MechJeb etc again :/ unsure if one part isnt just falsely-ish initiated or snacks has a bug when boarding from eva or something? .. it looks like its connected somehow, thats why the greenhouse keeps producing (possibly just doesnt see the full parts properly because of another part)

.. just guessing around, collecting indices lol

Edited by LatiMacciato

Hi,

I am trying to get an SSTA going with TAC Life support using the Planetary Base life support modules... Seems to me that the production rates are a bit off. Was just trying to figure out how many greenhouse container etc to put in the SSTA for 6 Kerbals and it is not possible.

If I am not totally wrong I need 4 greenhouses for each Kerbal just to get enough food supply??

Keep on the good work.

Edited by MisterX552
Wrong calculation

22 hours ago, MisterX552 said:

Hi,

I am trying to get an SSTA going with TAC Life support using the Planetary Base life support modules... Seems to me that the production rates are a bit off. Was just trying to figure out how many greenhouse container etc to put in the SSTA for 6 Kerbals and it is not possible.

If I am not totally wrong I need 4 greenhouses for each Kerbal just to get enough food supply??

Keep on the good work.

Ok I did the rest of the math looks like for the greenhouse container the food production should be 0,00004217941516789 instead of 0,000004217941516789. Enough for 2 Kerbals but not enough for 3.

On 8/8/2016 at 5:18 AM, Nils277 said:

It was a tiny bit to small for the buffalo in the first version. I have updated the garage to be bigger and fit the buffalo, malemute etc. Just the Karibou does not fit in :wink: 

Are you planning on updating the garage cover, for the underside, to fit the new bigger garage?

On 16.8.2016 at 5:06 PM, MisterX552 said:

Ok I did the rest of the math looks like for the greenhouse container the food production should be 0,00004217941516789 instead of 0,000004217941516789. Enough for 2 Kerbals but not enough for 3.

Oh, you are right, wanted to make it enough for 2 Kerbals. Will fix that :wink: 

On 20.8.2016 at 0:59 AM, Augur said:

Are you planning on updating the garage cover, for the underside, to fit the new bigger garage?

I thought that they are already updated..hmm have to check that again.

@LatiMacciato Thanks for investigating, this is a really weird behaviour. But i'm quite sure that it should not have its cause at KPBS. The custom converters i use only alter the already set rate at 25% steps. The rest is the stock converter for the resources. I can send you configs with the stock converter for the parts, so you can check out if this bug persists with them if you want. 

Edited by Nils277

• The adapter to Size3 for the Garages and the Cover now work correctly

I think Cover still have some bugs... For example, when i attach garage between two garage adapters and want to put cover under garage (or adapters) - it is shown as two sections: ending one and middle, but both and (i think it is) reverted on 180 degrees.

See image and description.

Y1aD2S8.jpg

Edited by Navi1982
image added into post

2 hours ago, DarkonZ said:

Maybe it's dorky to do this, but I'd like to give a big fat Salute to KPBS. Sits well within my top 5 mods. It looks good, behaves well, and seems as close to solid as you can get. Thanks for doing this dude(s). I appreciate it!

Concur it is #3 on my list

1. Kerbal joint reinforcements

2. Tweakscale

3. Kerbal planetary base system

4. Mechjeb

5. Proccedural parts

9 minutes ago, Rafael acevedo said:

Concur it is #3 on my list

1. Kerbal joint reinforcements

2. Tweakscale

3. Kerbal planetary base system

4. Mechjeb

5. Proccedural parts

Ahh yes!  The invaluable KJR.  Don't leave space port without it!

I tried building a simple base with this mod (as a contract for a Minmus base) but I can't seem to surface attach any of the components anywhere, so I can't stick them to a lifter, unless I attach them end-on or via their roof or floor nodes.

Is this intentional? I can imagine it would be hard to put base modules in a cargo bay or on a lifter craft that has a central spine and can carry 2 strings of the basic base modules in one launch.

It is possible to surface-attach stuff to the base modules, but it's not possible to surface-attach the base modules themselves to anything (like a radial decoupler).

Hi,

New to the whole KAS/KIS/TAC/KPBS way of playing. Seems kinda cool and haven't starved/suffocated anyone yet.

I have the issue where all of the TAC and KPBS parts are in the wrong places in VAB.  I found bug reports and suggestions on deleting or editing config files, but they were from older versions. May I ask if someone can post the high level steps to put things back where they belong?  Thanks

Edited by Gilph

2 hours ago, Gilph said:

Hi,

New to the whole KAS/KIS/TAC/KPBS way of playing. Seems kinda cool and haven't starved/suffocated anyone yet.

I have the issue where all of the TAC and KPBS parts are in the wrong places in VAB.  I found bug reports and suggestions on deleting or editing config files, but they were from older versions. May I ask if someone can post the high level steps to put things back where they belong?  Thanks

Where are they and where do you think they belong?  I'm guessing the high-level steps are 'make a MM config file that modifies their categories', but I'm not sure what you're looking for.