[1.12.X] Kerbal Planetary Base Systems v1.6.15 [28. April 2022]

Nils277

5 hours ago, DStaal said:

Where are they and where do you think they belong?  I'm guessing the high-level steps are 'make a MM config file that modifies their categories', but I'm not sure what you're looking for.

hmmm...interesting.  They seemed to have somewhat fixed themselves after game restart and download of .12.4.  The K&K modules are now in the correct group.  They were dumped all in the Utilities folder with a copy of all of the TAC items.  Now, there is just a copy of the TAC LS items in Utilities.  My apologies for the false alarm.

I am using this mod together with other of my favorite mods, like TAC life support. I am not sure which of the mods gives me these parts, but I am just curious if something might be broken and hope someone could help me out.

Here is a list of the parts I don't know which mod provides me with:

http://imgur.com/NTnslZ5

I feel like some of the different TAC LS parts have wrongly proportionated amounts of resources. Like this LS container:

http://imgur.com/KuAvSjv

It has just as much oxygen as the dedicated oxygen tank in addition to it's food and water, though it seems like the oxygen is over abundant and the food & water is normally proportioned. 

http://imgur.com/qECYdte

Also, some of the parts require hydrogen, or creates hydrogen when it is used, though there are no hydrogen storage tanks provided with the rest of this set.

http://imgur.com/L2x2R0y

So my questions are: Which mod is providing me with the Planetary Base Tac Life Support parts?

Are the oxygen amount in my tanks bugged, or is it a design flaw, or just the way it is?

Are there any Planetary Base parts that supply me with Hydrogen so I can use the Sabatier Reactor and Elektron Container? :)

After hard work I managed to get an SSTA with TAC-LS using planetary base system parts up to Duna with a few drawbacks.

For 4 Kerbals the configuration is as follows:

4 Carbon Extractor

1 Sabatier

1 Water Purifier

2 Watter Splitter

1 Algae Farm

2 Greenhouses (Changed values in config file: INPUT: CO2 unchanged, Water: 0,00000457030228799, Waste: 0,00000286462536029, Organics: 0,000004537609069, E/c unchanged; OUTPUT: Food: 0,00004217941516789, Oxygen: 0,0021699209123848)

1 Fuel Cell  (Changed values in config file: INPUT: Oxygen: 0,00673831887234, Hydrogen: 0,00902364627363737; OUTPUT: E/C: 1,8, Water: 0,0009062361)

Total weight of: 8,35mt

1 life support container

1 waste container

So the Fuel Cell is enough to support the Life Support Module and a little bit more. 

Still need TAC Fuel Balancer and put one small battery on dump electric charge and as well dump CO2, Oxygen, Waste to keep the life support module working.

It is still using quite a lot of space... even with the OPT parts.

1 hour ago, Fonz said:

Hello,

Does  anyone know what "DEPRECATED" means in the part names when building?

Thanks!

That means that it is no longer supported by the mod, but if a ship built before it was dropped still has it it won't be broken.

What happened to part KKAOSS.container.SEP?

KSP fails to load my base.

running version 1.1.4 of planetary base Inc. I didn't see anything in the change list about removing a part.

thanks,

-r

****NEVERMIND**** my noob bad. Appears to have been a bad install of the mod.

Edited by Gerbwerz

Hey, sorry for the long silence. Hope i can answer all the questions.

On 22.8.2016 at 11:14 PM, Navi1982 said:

I think Cover still have some bugs... For example, when i attach garage between two garage adapters and want to put cover under garage (or adapters) - it is shown as two sections: ending one and middle, but both and (i think it is) reverted on 180 degrees.

See image and description.

Y1aD2S8.jpg

I will look at it and fix it if needed. Thought they were fixed with version 1.1.4.

On 31.8.2016 at 0:09 AM, Gilph said:

hmmm...interesting.  They seemed to have somewhat fixed themselves after game restart and download of .12.4.  The K&K modules are now in the correct group.  They were dumped all in the Utilities folder with a copy of all of the TAC items.  Now, there is just a copy of the TAC LS items in Utilities.  My apologies for the false alarm.

Good to hear that they are back at the right place. :) Did this problem happen again?

On 29.8.2016 at 0:03 AM, Stoney3K said:

I tried building a simple base with this mod (as a contract for a Minmus base) but I can't seem to surface attach any of the components anywhere, so I can't stick them to a lifter, unless I attach them end-on or via their roof or floor nodes.

Is this intentional? I can imagine it would be hard to put base modules in a cargo bay or on a lifter craft that has a central spine and can carry 2 strings of the basic base modules in one launch.

It is possible to surface-attach stuff to the base modules, but it's not possible to surface-attach the base modules themselves to anything (like a radial decoupler).

It is mainly intentional that the base parts cannot be attached on the surface of other parts. They are meant to be placed on the top of the rocket :wink: Or do i misunderstand you?

On 31.8.2016 at 2:01 AM, Valkyria90 said:

I am using this mod together with other of my favorite mods, like TAC life support. I am not sure which of the mods gives me these parts, but I am just curious if something might be broken and hope someone could help me out.

Here is a list of the parts I don't know which mod provides me with:

http://imgur.com/NTnslZ5

I feel like some of the different TAC LS parts have wrongly proportionated amounts of resources. Like this LS container:

http://imgur.com/KuAvSjv

It has just as much oxygen as the dedicated oxygen tank in addition to it's food and water, though it seems like the oxygen is over abundant and the food & water is normally proportioned. 

http://imgur.com/qECYdte

Also, some of the parts require hydrogen, or creates hydrogen when it is used, though there are no hydrogen storage tanks provided with the rest of this set.

http://imgur.com/L2x2R0y

So my questions are: Which mod is providing me with the Planetary Base Tac Life Support parts?

Are the oxygen amount in my tanks bugged, or is it a design flaw, or just the way it is?

Are there any Planetary Base parts that supply me with Hydrogen so I can use the Sabatier Reactor and Elektron Container? :)

All the parts visible are shipped by default with KPBS. You are right with the amount of oxygen in the dedicaded oxygen tank is a bit too low. I will fix that :wink: 
The parts that are producing hydrogen have a small storage for it Thought it would be enough. Maybe at least a small container for hydrogen might be a good idea.

Btw. the "K&K Elektron Container" produces hydrogen. 

On 3.9.2016 at 10:31 AM, MisterX552 said:

After hard work I managed to get an SSTA with TAC-LS using planetary base system parts up to Duna with a few drawbacks.

For 4 Kerbals the configuration is as follows:

4 Carbon Extractor

1 Sabatier

1 Water Purifier

2 Watter Splitter

1 Algae Farm

2 Greenhouses (Changed values in config file: INPUT: CO2 unchanged, Water: 0,00000457030228799, Waste: 0,00000286462536029, Organics: 0,000004537609069, E/c unchanged; OUTPUT: Food: 0,00004217941516789, Oxygen: 0,0021699209123848)

1 Fuel Cell  (Changed values in config file: INPUT: Oxygen: 0,00673831887234, Hydrogen: 0,00902364627363737; OUTPUT: E/C: 1,8, Water: 0,0009062361)

Total weight of: 8,35mt

1 life support container

1 waste container

So the Fuel Cell is enough to support the Life Support Module and a little bit more. 

Still need TAC Fuel Balancer and put one small battery on dump electric charge and as well dump CO2, Oxygen, Waste to keep the life support module working.

It is still using quite a lot of space... even with the OPT parts.

It was meant to be quite hard to make a completely self sustaining base with TAC-LS. So i don't think this are too many parts.

What exactly was the problem you had to solve by changing the amount of resource in the greenhouse/fuel-cell? What was produced too fast/slow? Thought i had the parts balanced to produce all needed things. 

On 3.9.2016 at 9:42 PM, Fonz said:

Hello,

Does  anyone know what "DEPRECATED" means in the part names when building?

Thanks!

Yep, these parts are not supported anymore and should be replace if possible. E.g. the old wheel/leg combination part does not work after the big changes for the wheels anymore.

On 7.9.2016 at 3:50 AM, Corporal Crunch said:

Hi,

I was wondering if you could possibly add a nuclear reactor, like those found in the USI Core mod, that would fit inline with the other base pieces.

A nuclear reactor woudl be a good idea. I will maybe add it some day :wink: 

On 10.9.2016 at 6:50 PM, Gerbwerz said:

What happened to part KKAOSS.container.SEP?

KSP fails to load my base.

running version 1.1.4 of planetary base Inc. I didn't see anything in the change list about removing a part.

thanks,

-r

****NEVERMIND**** my noob bad. Appears to have been a bad install of the mod.

Good it is solved :) 

8 hours ago, Nils277 said:
On ‎8‎/‎30‎/‎2016 at 6:09 PM, Gilph said:

Good to hear that they are back at the right place. :) Did this problem happen again?

Hi,

No, it all seems fine now, and thanks for asking.  IIRC, it happened right after I unlocked a bunch of stuff in the tech tree. It looked like most things went into Utilities, and nothing in the other folders.  I stopped game, deleted directory, downloaded .12.4, made a fresh copy into GameData, and restarted game.  All K&K parts were then put into their proper locations and Utilities got way smaller.  So, I assume it was the unlocking tech tree actions that got cleaned up with a restart.

Now to figure out how to use it. :rolleyes:

Not the best builder of things, but kinda looking forward to the challenge

Thanks

9 hours ago, Nils277 said:

It is mainly intentional that the base parts cannot be attached on the surface of other parts. They are meant to be placed on the top of the rocket :wink: Or do i misunderstand you?

The reason I'm asking is because I am building a lifter which can haul 2 strings of base segments side-by-side, and I need some way to attach/detach them to the central "spine" that is supporting the base sections. I can mount a radial decoupler to the central core of my lifter, but I cannot attach the base segments to the decoupler. They will only attach via nodes, and even though it is possible to put some kind of component in between to make them stick to the decoupler, it's just adding unnecessary parts.

Alternatively you can use a mini docking port which can attach/detach to the node on the bottom, but being able to attach them to something like a decoupler would be nice. May even spark some interesting alternative uses for those conveniently-shaped semicircular base pieces which also feature a fuel tank (*hint hint*) :wink:

HI,

Starting to try and get a self sustaining base together.  It need a lot of parts.  And, looking at that really big base a few pages ago got me thinking.  If you want to have a large amount of additions, is using KAS flex tubes the only option?  I could put everything on wheels, but then it's not flat on the ground.  If it's flat, how do people connect segments? Roll then on wheels and have something pus them into place? Is there a KPBS-only option to connect all of those interconnects and buildings?

Thanks 

2 hours ago, Gilph said:

HI,

Starting to try and get a self sustaining base together.  It need a lot of parts.  And, looking at that really big base a few pages ago got me thinking.  If you want to have a large amount of additions, is using KAS flex tubes the only option?  I could put everything on wheels, but then it's not flat on the ground.  If it's flat, how do people connect segments? Roll then on wheels and have something pus them into place? Is there a KPBS-only option to connect all of those interconnects and buildings?

Thanks 

There are included docking ports you can use if you don't want to use KAS-style flex tubes.

7 hours ago, DStaal said:

There are included docking ports you can use if you don't want to use KAS-style flex tubes.

Yes...i had docked two devices on Kerbin yesterday. But, both were elevated on the landing wheels.

So, i'm wondering how to build a big base resting on the ground. If your core piece is elevated on wheels, driving new sections to it with docking ports works, as long as both are elevated. If you attach a few sections, then try and raise the wheels, there is a danger of things breaking apart. I believe I saw somewhere someone say that if you drive close enough and lower right next to a ground piece, the docking ports will snap together.

So, looking for some tips on base expansion if you want the base on the ground.

Thanks

That was just for information. The fuel cell was not ballanced as well, it was just not possible to produce that amount of Hydrogen to keep the fuel cell running. The number of parts is ok, as with increasing number of Kerbals the number of additional parts is getting less (in relation).

Hi Nils

Thank you so much for your contribution, your works are game changer to me.

May I ask you if it possible to make a copula IVA windows a little clearer.

I use it as a rover's head, even though the visibility isn't great. But I love your design so much 

PGizaHlg.png

Thank you again  

Edited by GuidedCursor
1st speling and context correction

Hello, and congrats on this mod! It's really awsome!

Just a litlle bug, I don't know if it also happens to other players. I'm setting a base on Mun. But every time I get back to make some improvements, some parts appear a little messy, untidy, like it was mounted out of axis. i'm running the latest version.

TKS

6 hours ago, felipe_pizano said:

Hello, and congrats on this mod! It's really awsome!

Just a litlle bug, I don't know if it also happens to other players. I'm setting a base on Mun. But every time I get back to make some improvements, some parts appear a little messy, untidy, like it was mounted out of axis. i'm running the latest version.

TKS

Stock bug/issue, from the sounds of it.  The game can't save ships locations with infinite accuracy, and the physics sometimes jiggles things on load.  Not much can be done about it, as it's a fundamental problem with doing a simulation on a non-infinite machine.  (Though a few things have been tried - I'm playing with Airpark at the moment to help mitigate, and seeing if that helps.)

Hi,

Since i got somewhat screwed by the ore scan on Min, only Slopes contain water. So, I have to park my main base at the edge of lesser flats (not to be confused with Lester Flats) and put the water mining section on the edge of the slopes and connect them.  On Kerbin, i tried connecting a flexible corridor on one base building with a corridor docking port an another base section 20M away.  I would get the Link option when i right clicked the flex, drag to the other port, but no option to complete the link.  I am using an Engineer with a wrench/drill. Is that the correct procedure?

Edited by Gilph

53 minutes ago, Gilph said:

Hi,

Since i got somewhat screwed by the ore scan on Min, only Slopes contain water. So, I have to park my main base at the edge of lesser flats (not to be confused with Lester Flats) and put the water mining section on the edge of the slopes and connect them.  On Kerbin, i tried connecting a flexible corridor on one base building with a corridor docking port an another base section 20M away.  I would get the Link option when i right clicked the flex, drag to the other port, but no option to complete the link.  I am using an Engineer with a wrench/drill. Is that the correct procedure?

You sometimes have to be very close to the other port to complete the link.  (And double-check you aren't at to high an angle or something.)  It's hard to say more without seeing an image, but it sounds like you have it right.

However: What you are trying to do will not help you.  :(  Drilling is not computed at the drill's location - it is computed at the center of mass of the ship which is doing the drilling.  So if you have two ships in different biomes, and connect them you'll end up with one ship in one biome - and drilling will be computed from there.  I'm guessing you have more mass on the lesser flats, so what's likely to happen is that your water production will drop to zero.

You need to either periodically cart the water from one base to the other (should be fairly easy if they are that close: You can do what you're attempting, transfer, and then disconnect) or install a mod like UKS or Pathfinder that has disconnected logistics support built in.

43 minutes ago, DStaal said:

You sometimes have to be very close to the other port to complete the link.  (And double-check you aren't at to high an angle or something.)  It's hard to say more without seeing an image, but it sounds like you have it right.

However: What you are trying to do will not help you.  :(  Drilling is not computed at the drill's location - it is computed at the center of mass of the ship which is doing the drilling.  So if you have two ships in different biomes, and connect them you'll end up with one ship in one biome - and drilling will be computed from there.  I'm guessing you have more mass on the lesser flats, so what's likely to happen is that your water production will drop to zero.

You need to either periodically cart the water from one base to the other (should be fairly easy if they are that close: You can do what you're attempting, transfer, and then disconnect) or install a mod like UKS or Pathfinder that has disconnected logistics support built in.

*sigh*

Carting is probably the way to go. I can have them very close.  I do have 6% ore on that section of flats and the water is right on the edge of the slopes biome in that corner. Thanks for the heads up...i would have been a raging maniac if I found that out the hard way.

As an FYI, during the test, i was pretty close.  Had both KPBS parts flat on the ground so the kerbal was right next to it, even closer than i needed to be to get the link button to start the connection. I tried using the regular port and the corridor port as a target, and the only menu item was to set the port as target both times (no link choice).  I had Kerbal R&D installed, and found that it was causing crashes with KPBS parts, so I removed it and I'm reinstalling everything to see if it helps.

Thanks

Edited by Gilph

ummmmm....no.;.;

The destination port was the corridor port, not another flex. Seemed to make more sense to me at the time.  Never used KAS, only learning it now. Appreciate you following up, will try that out as a test.

Thanks

PS. this is really a great mod. Got the self reliant Minmus station going, even though it's small and simple. Thanks for your work.

Edited by Gilph