[1.12.X] Kerbal Planetary Base Systems v1.6.15 [28. April 2022]

Nils277

6 minutes ago, Nils277 said:

Thanks, i will look into it. What OS did you use and did you use 32Bit or 64Bit KSP?

Edit: What do you mean with: It made other parts un-selectable? The parts in the list of available objects or the parts in the editor?
A log would be helpfule there :wink:

Windows 10 Pro 64bit KSP 
List of available objects and the parts in the editor.

Got no idea how to make a log but ye

1 minute ago, Darkstar616 said:

Windows 10 Pro 64bit KSP 
List of available objects and the parts in the editor.

Got no idea how to make a log but ye

Thanks, i just edited to old post, this is a bug i introduced when optimizing the corridor parts. It was fixed (as in never relaesed) But i accidentally used an outdated source-file for it :wink:

Edited by Nils277

1 hour ago, Kaa253 said:

I am really impressed with the quick 1.1 releases by yourself and other modders. Well done. I hope Squad don't make us non-steamers wait too much longer for KSP 1.1 "stable".  

As someone pointed out to me recently,  the prerelease is actually open to everyone now. You just need to go into the games settings in steam and enable it. 

15 minutes ago, Rafael acevedo said:

Nils

This is for your info, I have been trying kpbs with the Mac OS 64k hack and have not had any issues whatsoever. You deserve kudos for the integrity of you code

Well, thanks :)

To be honest, it surprises me that it is. I always saw the code as a bit messy and wanted to tidy it up for a long time now. Maybe it is more 'robust' because it is not as complex as MechJeb, ModuleManager, TAC-LS etc. :wink:

10 minutes ago, SpaceMouse said:

As someone pointed out to me recently,  the prerelease is actually open to everyone now. You just need to go into the games settings in steam and enable it. 

Not everyone has bought KSP on Steam though :wink:

Edited by Nils277

OT

So not sure where to place this (not good at forums and such) but you guys (or gals) seam to like rovers so i thought you might enjoy some I made to match the theme.

Also the primary way I deliver most of the parts for my bases and stations

Edited by Steel Dragon
change to album

5 hours ago, Booots said:

Quick question: Do the converter modules in this mod run only while the vessel is in focus or is there some background processing mechanism for when the vessel is unfocused?

They should also work when the vessel is unfocused. If they don't, this would be a bug. :wink:

4 hours ago, davidy12 said:

@Nils277: The corridors are EXTREMELY buggy. When I attach something to the 4/5 ended corridor they break.

Have you used the newest Version (v2)? I just posted a few Post earlier that I made an update because these very parts were broken.

What does 'they break' mean btw?

@Steel Dragon Your two galleries look cool. I really like the SSTO from the second gallery.

20 minutes ago, Nils277 said:

They should also work when the vessel is unfocused. If they don't, this would be a bug. :wink:

Have you used the newest Version (v2)? I just posted a few Post earlier that I made an update because these very parts were broken.

What does 'they break' mean btw?

@Steel Dragon Your two galleries look cool. I really like the SSTO from the second gallery.

Sometimes when I get the parts attached it freezes my UI in the VAB.

@davidy12 Have you tried V2 of the experimental release yet? Are the corridors still buggy?

@Kaa253 Does the bug with the IVA also happen with the 32 Bit version? My latop with Linux is not powerful enough to run KSP in a usable way. (Same applies to the VM) :(

Btw. what Linux are you using? 

I just saw, that you do not have the newest Version of ModuleManager installed, it may be possible that it had a bug and confused the IVAs. (Poking blindly in the Goo here :wink:)

Edited by Nils277

6 minutes ago, Nils277 said:

@davidy12 Have you tried V2 of the experimental release yet? Are the corridors still buggy?

@Kaa253 Does the bug with the IVA also happen with the 32 Bit version? My latop with Linux is not powerful enough to run KSP in a usable way. (Same applies to the VM) :(

I just saw, that you do not have the newest Version of ModuleManager installed, it may be possible that it had a bug and confused the IVAs. (Poking blindly in the Goo here :wink:)

Yeah they are buggy

Just now, davidy12 said:

Yeah they are buggy

Hmm...not good. Can you please take a short look into the "GameData/PlanetaryBaseInc/BaseSystem/Parts/Structural/Corridors/corridor_4end.cfg" and tell me what module is added to the part at the very end? 

The section i need begins with 

MODULE
{
    name = 

Just now, davidy12 said:

ModuleCorridorNodes

That's ^^ what it says.

Well, then you are still using the old version :rolleyes: The name changed in the newest version to:

name = ModuleKPBSCorridorNodes

just redownload the PlanetaryBaseInc_1_0_7.zip

from https://github.com/Nils277/KerbalPlanetaryBaseSystems/releases/tag/1.0.7 and it should work :wink:

18 hours ago, Nils277 said:

Given that 1.1 will be available on the KSP store soon, it seems to me that I asked you to chase up a bug in an old version of your mod for a rapidly aging version of KSP. Also I have realised that in KSP version 1.1 a big change was made to the way IVAs are done. The IVA problem could very well have disappeared for the Linux KSP v1.1! I don't see any mention of it in this forum from Linux users running the 1.1 pre-release. 

I think the best thing to do would be hold off a while to see if I have any issues when I get the chance to upgrade KSP.

Just for completeness and your general information as I don't expect, wish or require any action for a week or two; (1) I am running Kubuntu (the official "K" for Kerbal version of Ubuntu :sticktongue:) version 14.04 LTS. A couple of years ago I tried to run the 32 bit version of KSP but I recall I was missing some dependencies conflicting with my 64 bit system. (2) Sorry to hear about your laptop - (btw, I have made old hardware somewhat useful again with Xubuntu, a very light weight low resources compatible Ubuntu distribution).  (3) Oops! I popped the wrong ModuleManager in the testing "clean" install. The IVA glitch is the same with 2.6.18.

Whichever way it goes I will let you know how the IVAs behave when I install all the new versions. Thanks so much for your help. I haven't actually attempted to build an off Kerbal base with your parts yet. I hope to give it a go on the Mun tonight. Cheers.

1 hour ago, Kaa253 said:

Given that 1.1 will be available on the KSP store soon, it seems to me that I asked you to chase up a bug in an old version of your mod for a rapidly aging version of KSP. Also I have realised that in KSP version 1.1 a big change was made to the way IVAs are done. The IVA problem could very well have disappeared for the Linux KSP v1.1! I don't see any mention of it in this forum from Linux users running the 1.1 pre-release. 

I think the best thing to do would be hold off a while to see if I have any issues when I get the chance to upgrade KSP.

Just for completeness and your general information as I don't expect, wish or require any action for a week or two; (1) I am running Kubuntu (the official "K" for Kerbal version of Ubuntu :sticktongue:) version 14.04 LTS. A couple of years ago I tried to run the 32 bit version of KSP but I recall I was missing some dependencies conflicting with my 64 bit system. (2) Sorry to hear about your laptop - (btw, I have made old hardware somewhat useful again with Xubuntu, a very light weight low resources compatible Ubuntu distribution).  (3) Oops! I popped the wrong ModuleManager in the testing "clean" install. The IVA glitch is the same with 2.6.18.

Whichever way it goes I will let you know how the IVAs behave when I install all the new versions. Thanks so much for your help. I haven't actually attempted to build an off Kerbal base with your parts yet. I hope to give it a go on the Mun tonight. Cheers.

Thanks, i will hold investigation until 1.1. It may be that this bug is bug resticted to Linux 64Bits. The other user on Curse never mentioned his/her OS. 
KSP and Kubuntu, a great combination :D

Yeah, might be that the Desktop Environment is too heavy. The laptop has Fedora 20 with Gnome 3.10 installed. Might be a bit too much for that poor little thing...

Edited by Nils277

16 hours ago, Odinz said:

that was my face when I hit the external Iva view with all the module attach together 

thx for this mod and continue your good work o/ 

Thanks!

Still have to add the feature that the IVAs do not exceed the size of the retracted parts though. This looks kinda strange ;-)

I have some weird behavior: I have set up a base with a habitat mk2, command module, greenhouse and algae farm (the part that takes ore and converts it to fertilizer) + plus plenty storage. According to the VAB screen the greenhouse should use 15 EC/sec when active but AmpYear shows only 0.5 EC / sec unless I start the inline ore drill (15ec/sec). Also, USI-LS shows for example 86 days supplies left, when the base is focused the hab counter goes down in the USI-LS window, but the supplies somewhat freeze. When the base is out of focus and I timewarp the supplies go down, once I focus again the supplies "freeze". Is this some error on my end, your mod, or USI-LS? I am somewhat confused :D

Using 1.0.6 in KSP 1.0.5.

Edited by hendrack

14 hours ago, hendrack said:

I have some weird behavior: I have set up a base with a habitat mk2, command module, greenhouse and algae farm (the part that takes ore and converts it to fertilizer) + plus plenty storage. According to the VAB screen the greenhouse should use 15 EC/sec when active but AmpYear shows only 0.5 EC / sec unless I start the inline ore drill (15ec/sec). Also, USI-LS shows for example 86 days supplies left, when the base is focused the hab counter goes down in the USI-LS window, but the supplies somewhat freeze. When the base is out of focus and I timewarp the supplies go down, once I focus again the supplies "freeze". Is this some error on my end, your mod, or USI-LS? I am somewhat confused :D

Using 1.0.6 in KSP 1.0.5.

Hmm...maybe the Editor shows the maximum electric current comsumed by the vessel? I have never used AmpYear and don't know if it calculates things differently. I will take a look at that.

What you might encounter with USI LS is a precision error when a very small number is substracted from a very big number. It is possible, that the result of the substraction equals the bigger number. (This is a problem that can occure almost everywhere where floating point numbers are used).

In  timewarp, the amount of used resources is higher per calculation which might be enough to avoid this error. I know that the TACLS converters at have a mechanism to reduce/avoid this problem. I might have to look at them.

Could you tell me two things? 

1. How much of every LS resource do you have on your vessel?

2. Can you also see this problem whem using only the standard USI LS parts?

When using the parts from Mks-lite (Karibou and Scout utilizing the inflatable greenhouse and habitat), the life support screen does not show this behavior. The life support duration extends a couple days when enabling and goes down at once when timewarping in and out of focus. I'll get you the numbers of the base when I am home. Cheers.

Edited by hendrack