[1.12.X] Kerbal Planetary Base Systems v1.6.15 [28. April 2022]

Nils277

Thnx for update 1.4

but somehow i cannot install it due to the fact that the folder "Greenhouse" inside the Utillity folder, is giving errors while extracting it to the GameData folder..

Asking admin permission for writing, while, ofcourse, giving it permission to do so.

___ Window_g_opaque.dds file ____

Edited by dxeh

Hello! I installed this mod, and am seeing options in creating a new game to put stuff in one category, but other than that I see no way to actually use this stuff. First time using mods, am I doing something wrong? (Installed via twitch/curse)

On 11.3.2018 at 3:12 PM, dxeh said:

Thnx for update 1.4

but somehow i cannot install it due to the fact that the folder "Greenhouse" inside the Utillity folder, is giving errors while extracting it to the GameData folder..

Asking admin permission for writing, while, ofcourse, giving it permission to do so.

___ Window_g_opaque.dds file ____

This seems weird. Try to delete the old version and extract the folder first to a location that does not need admin rights. Then copy it from there to your gamedata folder. Maybe this helps.

17 hours ago, ZTB123 said:

Hello! I installed this mod, and am seeing options in creating a new game to put stuff in one category, but other than that I see no way to actually use this stuff. First time using mods, am I doing something wrong? (Installed via twitch/curse)

This is most likely due to installing the mod in the wrong location. Have you read the Installation Instructions from the description on Curse?

Edited by Nils277

On 3/1/2018 at 8:38 AM, Nils277 said:

Maybe @Dewar can add the container to his/her mod? I would be providing all the necessary file to do that. 

Hey buddy, I will be hopefully updating The Gold Standard to 1.4 soon. I will also be doing a redesign on how the gold will actually be managed. Long story short, if my new idea works out, your mod will be very synergistic with mine. 

Do I have permission to utilize your assets in an add-on patch?

Edited by Dewar

18 minutes ago, Dewar said:

Hey buddy, I will be hopefully updating The Gold Standard to 1.4 soon. I will also be doing a redesign on how the gold will actually be managed. Long story short, if my new idea works out, your mod will be very synergistic with mine. 

Do I have permission to utilize your assets in an add-on patch?

That sound cool! Of course you have the permission :wink: If you need a texture source (gimp xcf) or a model source (.blend) let me know.

Small update info for 1.4.1. It seems that i don't have to fix all IVAs, only the rear airlock. All parts will have weird specular lighting when the IVA overlay is enabled but this also happens to the stock parts so i assume its an issue that squad has to solve. I created a bug in the tracker for that.

Edit: Well...i had 7 8 crashes of KSP in just 2 hours. Might still take some time to update if this frustrates me too much...

Edited by Nils277

On 12-3-2018 at 4:07 PM, Nils277 said:

This seems weird. Try to delete the old version and extract the folder first to a location that does not need admin rights. Then copy it from there to your gamedata folder. Maybe this helps.

Got it working by first installing it to my Laptop's KSP folder directly our of the zip archive ( that one file )... Than moved to KSP folder on desktop.

Remains weird but got it working now.. 

Now i still need to find a good way to deploy my nice little bases to duna etc.

Some more news on the update for 1.4.1. All bugs that have been reported (missing texture in IVA-Overlay for airlock, weird behaviour of landing gear and error loading the water drill) have been resolved :) 
Last thing to do is finish the german translation (add last missing texts and create KSPedia entries).

Sorry in advance for a 1.3 question but the Meerkat lander engine module is located in Aerospace Composites in my current career save. That seemed very odd to me so I was going to go and edit its location to something else and discovered that it's supposed to be located in Advanced Landing.

How would I go about trying to figure out what's going on and how to fix it?

I don't mind editing things but I don't know where else to start.

shots in game and of config file: https://imgur.com/a/yxdjT

7 minutes ago, Ather said:

Sorry in advance for a 1.3 question but the Meerkat lander engine module is located in Aerospace Composites in my current career save. That seemed very odd to me so I was going to go and edit its location to something else and discovered that it's supposed to be located in Advanced Landing.

How would I go about trying to figure out what's going on and how to fix it?

I don't mind editing things but I don't know where else to start.

shots in game and of config file: https://imgur.com/a/yxdjT

You're using CTT.  There's a config in GameData/PlanetaryBaseInc/ModSupport/Configs/CTT/KPBS_MM_CTT.cfg that's moving the lander to Aerospace Composites, that's what you'll need to edit.  Or you can make your own personal MM script that applies afterwards which can move it as well.  (Generally a better idea in the long run, as otherwise you need to remember all the edits you've made anytime you update anything.)

(And I agree it's a bit of a weird spot for that engine in my opinion.  Where were you thinking of putting it?)

2 hours ago, DStaal said:

You're using CTT.  There's a config in GameData/PlanetaryBaseInc/ModSupport/Configs/CTT/KPBS_MM_CTT.cfg that's moving the lander to Aerospace Composites, that's what you'll need to edit.  Or you can make your own personal MM script that applies afterwards which can move it as well.  (Generally a better idea in the long run, as otherwise you need to remember all the edits you've made anytime you update anything.)

(And I agree it's a bit of a weird spot for that engine in my opinion.  Where were you thinking of putting it?)

thank you! i was hoping it would be something simple, gonna have to just edit the config since i have no idea how to actually write a code/script

i'm going to put it in heavy landing for now, its a tough part to place since its a "lander" bit but its also an engine. definitely doesnt fit at the end of plane parts though (imho)

3 hours ago, Ather said:

thank you! i was hoping it would be something simple, gonna have to just edit the config since i have no idea how to actually write a code/script

i'm going to put it in heavy landing for now, its a tough part to place since its a "lander" bit but its also an engine. definitely doesnt fit at the end of plane parts though (imho)

Take a look at that config.  It is an MM script itself - they're really easy to write.

I'm having trouble looking for the flexible corridor. i have KAS, KIS and TAC installed. when i updated the mods it no longer is an option. is there something wrong?

just kidding i dont have the research. my bad

Edited by justicarab

Update to 1.6.0

Changelog:

General:

• Recompile for KSP 1.4.1
  • Updated KSPModFileLocalizer to version 0.2.3.0

Localization:

• Added localization for german SuHOnKm.png (thanks to DasSkelett)

Bug Fixes:

• Fixed missing texture of rear airlock when IVA overlay is enabled
  • Fixed bugs for landing gear
  • Fixed error while loading water drill

Download:

oYvtZpW.png UVVt0OP.png lMOxt2k.png
Edited by Nils277

Hey!

I'm encountering a bug where the near future electrical nuclear tanks are showing up, despite not having NFE installed, i've tried reinstalling any mod i can think of that would affect it (KPBS, community category/resources, module manager) and nothing is seeming to work. also having a similar issue with the KIS containers.

Thanks for all your work put into this, bugs regardless it's probably the best mod out there for KSP right now, and i've been crossing my fingers for stock inclusion ever since i found it :P

2 hours ago, Biggs said:

Hey!

I'm encountering a bug where the near future electrical nuclear tanks are showing up, despite not having NFE installed, i've tried reinstalling any mod i can think of that would affect it (KPBS, community category/resources, module manager) and nothing is seeming to work. also having a similar issue with the KIS containers.

Thanks for all your work put into this, bugs regardless it's probably the best mod out there for KSP right now, and i've been crossing my fingers for stock inclusion ever since i found it :P

The nuclear parts are now by default availalbe, also when NFE is not installed. This is not a bug :wink: There is also a Nuclear Reactor and a Centrifuge.

The KIS container are indeed a bug. That will be fixed in the next update.

3 minutes ago, Nils277 said:

The nuclear parts are now by default availalbe, also when NFE is not installed. This is not a bug :wink: There is also a Nuclear Reactor and a Centrifuge.

The KIS container are indeed a bug. That will be fixed in the next update.

Thank you! i really appreciate the reply.
mind if i ask why they're included by default?
Thanks again!