[1.12.X] Kerbal Planetary Base Systems v1.6.15 [28. April 2022]

Nils277

1 hour ago, Catatau_27 said:

Yes I read, and that's exactly why I did not publish anything about it, xD Ok, I just thought that whoever can use the time to observe my publications would also realize that I did not publish any more warnings. PS: I already downloaded it for another mirror!

Next time please be so kind (and respecful) to start reading at least the OP of each thread before posting something that unnecessary. Not after making numerus of those posts.

7 minutes ago, DStaal said:

I'd leave it: There's another very good reason for it.

That is: Solar panels.  If you have them, that 95% will mean the fuel cell will only run if the solar panels aren't doing enough to power the base.  If you set it 100%, then you can have an abundance of solar - and still be running fuel cells, and using fuel.  (USI does the same with reactors for exactly this reason.)

Very good point! Will leave them the way they are.

Edited by Nils277

11 hours ago, Nils277 said:

Will do my very best :D 

Do you already have it and i didnt notice.... Cos that would totally be me. If not.. Thanks for the help!

[Edit] Haha Im a kraken =P. You may laugh.

Edited by Mark Kerbin

3 hours ago, Mark Kerbin said:

Do you already have it and i didnt notice.... Cos that would totally be me. If not.. Thanks for the help!

[Edit] Haha Im a kraken =P. You may laugh.

I still have to add it :wink: 

6 minutes ago, Nils277 said:

I still have to add it :wink: 

It actually appears to already be compatible.... This is planetary base systems isnt it?

d848d5375dff7f7ec275cc825af08ab6.png:P

[Edit 10 seconds after posting] Looks like kerbal health has a MM config that trys to add itself to most mods. Seems to work here. 

Edited by Mark Kerbin

11 hours ago, Mark Kerbin said:

It actually appears to already be compatible.... This is planetary base systems isnt it?

d848d5375dff7f7ec275cc825af08ab6.png:P

[Edit 10 seconds after posting] Looks like kerbal health has a MM config that trys to add itself to most mods. Seems to work here. 

Oh, cool. Good to know. Will look if the values are good.

6 hours ago, Apollo13 said:

Suddenly, KSP is not loading the following:

1. Container_Noms_big
  2. Container_Noms_small
  3. Gangway_flexible

As a result, I've lost two bases and a station.  KSP-AVC isn't reporting a problem.

Here's a link to archive with KSP.log and output_log.txt  https://www.dropbox.com/s/5fatx6tllf1hj5f/output_log.zip?dl=0

What does suddenly mean? They disappear without any changes of mods (updates, installed, removed)? A quick view in the log shows that both needed mods are there. Will take a look, when i get the time.

3 hours ago, Apollo13 said:

No changes to mods.  Previously, game loaded all mods without problem.  When the game loads now, it reports the vehicles cannot be loaded because those mods are missing. 

Thanks for looking.

Do you still have the parts that are part of KAS and USI-LS? Maybe deleting the Cache files from ModuleManager might help.

Edited by Nils277

6 hours ago, Apollo13 said:

No changes to mods.  Previously, game loaded all mods without problem.  When the game loads now, it reports the vehicles cannot be loaded because those mods are missing. 

Thanks for looking.

You mean because those parts are missing? Or is the functionality from KAS and USI-LS missing?

I have looked through the log files you send and there are absolutely no indications why those three parts cannot be loaded. No error message that a model cannot be loaded or similar. I just saw that Janitors Closet is throwing a lot of exception errors and many parts from Universal Storage cannot be loaded/cloned. What about the other parts that are added with support for USI-LS? Are e.g. the Fertilizer Container still available? Or the USI recycler part? 

Edited by Nils277

3 hours ago, Nils277 said:

Do you still have the parts that are part of KAS and USI-LS? Maybe deleting the Cache files from ModuleManager might help.

I'll try that.   I'll look at USI-LS parts and report back.

Edited by Apollo13

I removed the MM cache and verified USI-LS is installed.  Same result.  The error dialogbox says Recicler is missing, but I  see it in your LifeSupport directory.

I wonder if, somehow, KSP became corrupted.  If so, why just those four parts?  I forgot to mention the Recicler in my earlier post.

EDIT:  I did an integrity check of the KSP files in Steam.  There were two files that were reloaded/installed.  Still have same problem.  

EDIT 2:  Looking at available parts in K&K section in VAB,  none of the USI-LS parts are available.  None of the KAS/KIS are available in the VAB either.

EDIT 3:  OK.  NONE of the parts in the ModSupport directory are available in the VAB.

Edited by Apollo13

11 hours ago, Apollo13 said:

I removed the MM cache and verified USI-LS is installed.  Same result.  The error dialogbox says Recicler is missing, but I  see it in your LifeSupport directory.

I wonder if, somehow, KSP became corrupted.  If so, why just those four parts?  I forgot to mention the Recicler in my earlier post.

EDIT:  I did an integrity check of the KSP files in Steam.  There were two files that were reloaded/installed.  Still have same problem.  

EDIT 2:  Looking at available parts in K&K section in VAB,  none of the USI-LS parts are available.  None of the KAS/KIS are available in the VAB either.

EDIT:  OK.  NONE of the parts in the ModSupport directory are available in the VAB.

Wow, okay that is weird. :0.0:

I will take again a look at my logs to see if there are differences between our logs. Have you tried to remove and reinstall KPBS?

One thing to try out maybe would be to install my FUR mod (or any other mod you know that adds parts when a specific mod is installed) and see if the parts for USI-LS and KIS (or other mods) are available, or if they are missing too 

@Nils277  You need to report immediately to the nearest police department. Why?  Because you, sir, are a master detective.  Somehow, I deleted ModuleManager.dll.  I never noticed it, because I don't watch the KSP loading screen (long and boring, right? Especially with about 60 mods).  I doubt I would have noticed the missing MM.

Thank you for solving this mystery.  I hit the LIKE button a hundred times; still, only provided one LIKE.  Hmmm...maybe I'll just wander through the 90 pages of this thread and just LIKE every post you've made.  As I type this, you have over 1325 posts.  I better get started.  LOL.

Edited by Apollo13

I tried using the planetary greenhouse in combination with kerbalism and I get gigantic lag the moment I use it in the APH, any idea what could cause that?. I'm using a git version of kerbalism (because of bugs in released version), and 1.6.3 of KPBS. And the latest Kerbal space, which is 1.4.2 iirc.

1 hour ago, Someone2018 said:

I tried using the planetary greenhouse in combination with kerbalism and I get gigantic lag the moment I use it in the APH, any idea what could cause that?. I'm using a git version of kerbalism (because of bugs in released version), and 1.6.3 of KPBS. And the latest Kerbal space, which is 1.4.2 iirc.

I don't know what could cause that. Often such lag is caused by a massive spam of error messages in the log. Can you upload the KSP.log file from KSPs main directory after you went into the Editor and added the greenhouse? 

9 hours ago, Nils277 said:

I don't know what could cause that. Often such lag is caused by a massive spam of error messages in the log. Can you upload the KSP.log file from KSPs main directory after you went into the Editor and added the greenhouse? 

Strangely, I cannot reproduce it now. Next time it happens I will save the log message. I unfortunately didn't realize that starting KSP again would mean I loose the log. It was some kind of null reference spam from Kerbalism. Thanks for the message anyways.

• 4 weeks later...

Hey, just installed the mod and so far I'm loving it. However, I did ran into an issue where the launchpad (I'm also using the Extraplanetary Launchpads mod, among others) is not recognized as a site. The metal drill, smelter and workshop all work fine, I can build the craft but the only "pads" available are the Planetary Cupola's, not the launchpad itself, which means every vessel I try to "Finalize Build" the craft ends up in the air above and I can't refuel them.

Any idea how I can fix this?

Picture of the base with launchpad in case it helps; https://i.imgur.com/rJDyoRn.jpg

Edited by TheNosferatu

On 5/12/2018 at 3:19 PM, TheNosferatu said:

Hey, just installed the mod and so far I'm loving it. However, I did ran into an issue where the launchpad (I'm also using the Extraplanetary Launchpads mod, among others) is not recognized as a site. The metal drill, smelter and workshop all work fine, I can build the craft but the only "pads" available are the Planetary Cupola's, not the launchpad itself, which means every vessel I try to "Finalize Build" the craft ends up in the air above and I can't refuel them.

Any idea how I can fix this?

Picture of the base with launchpad in case it helps; https://i.imgur.com/rJDyoRn.jpg

Hmm, are you using the latest versions if Extraplanetary Launch Pads and this mod? There were some huge changes to version 6.0 of EPL. 

Will have to take a look again to make sure this mod adapted to all the changes correctly.

20 hours ago, Nils277 said:

Hmm, are you using the latest versions if Extraplanetary Launch Pads and this mod? There were some huge changes to version 6.0 of EPL. 

Will have to take a look again to make sure this mod adapted to all the changes correctly.

I'm pretty sure I do, Extraplanetary Launchpads V6.0.0 and Kerbal Planeatary Base Systems 1.6.4

really nice mod, but there's something that's been bugging me, in the update that makes it compatible with 1.4.9, there are a few parts missing, like ones for storing the double wide batteries and other items that were added in by this mod as well as a few others like the central hub, don't remember what its called, its the dome looking bit that the refinery bit is connected to on the example picture you have of your Duna base