[1.12.X] Kerbal Planetary Base Systems v1.6.15 [28. April 2022]

Nils277

3 hours ago, ethambutol said:

@Nils277 I think I noticed an error in the K&K Container Greenhouse TAC-LS production rates as the production rates does not tally with my spreadsheet values. You are missing a zero.

K&K Greenhouse (1.3.1) - Output resource Food is 0.0003441840277699824

K&K Greenhouse (1.x.x) - Output resource Food is 0.00003441840277699824 (the old figure in the spreadsheet derived from multipling some figures)

K&K Planetary (1.3.1) - Greenhouse production rate is 0.000103255208331

Pulled straight from the .cfg files (Container_Greenhouse and KPBS_MM_TAC_LS) so unless it's intentionally that the tiny greenhouse produces more than the big greenhouse (doubt it as you are getting more food out from less inputs - MAGIC!), there is a missing 0. For me it is an easy correction to make in the file: add 0 :D

Actually this bug report is pretty funny :D  
Not long ago a got the bug report that the Container Greenhouse is producing 10 times less Food than expeced and changed it for version 1.1.5. (as in removed a zero).And to be honest, at that time looking at the configs it made sense to me. Must have been a bit absentminded. You are right, the small one should not produce more than the big one. Will fix that for the next update.

Oh, and would it be possible to have a copy of your spreadsheet? It would be really helpful to make sure all is balanced and a closed cycle is hard but not impossible :wink: 

Edited by Nils277

On 4/5/2016 at 7:46 AM, Nils277 said:

Regarding the deprecated parts:

The deprecated landing gear/landing leg comination (that shouldn't be used anymore) is still missing its functionality.
The conversion is somewhat annoying and i don't know if two landing-legs/gears still would work with the new wheel system. Therefore it is not yet decided if it will remain unfunctional. It is best to not use them anymore and replace the ones already at crafts.

PS: Is anyone still using this part?

I found this somewhat dated post early in the thread and if this has been covered already in later posts my apologies. Is there a download available that excludes the deprecated parts? I have downloaded the mod off both CKAN and manually off Space dock (haven't tried the others) and get all the parts including the deprecated ones. Do I need to manually delete the deprecated parts? 

Cheers,

Edited by Stratickus

10 hours ago, Stratickus said:

I found this somewhat dated post early in the thread and if this has been covered already in later posts my apologies. Is there a download available that excludes the deprecated parts? I have downloaded the mod off both CKAN and manually off Space dock (haven't tried the others) and get all the parts including the deprecated ones. Do I need to manually delete the deprecated parts? 

Cheers,

Hey, you have to delete the deprecated parts manually at the moment. They are all in a separate folder to make this easy. This is also described in the latest read-me. :wink:
I have long played with the though about removing them altogether and providing an optional download for the deprecated parts.

So the question to all:

Edit: I started a poll to decide which of the deprecated parts should be removed.

Edited by Nils277

Hi Nills, do u moved Central Hub from Meta-Materials?

It's arrived that nice time of Career when you start to build your first science/colony/ISRU/factory-outpost on Mun:wink:. Just researched meta Materials and i cant find Central Hub part, so i looked in all of the technology tree branches and didnt saw it. So then i started Sandbox to just verify if Hub exists in game ...aaaand yup it is:confused:... probably its some kind of mod interference, first thing that comes in mind is Community Tech Tree...

Edit: so i updated CTT, now i can see Planetary Hub in MetaMaterials, but nothing else, part is still missing

Edited by Dr.Wolfram
Situation Update

17 hours ago, rattman said:

Hi

There might be some issues with the 6 way corridor.  

http://imgur.com/a/aVHka

Seems the attach point is to deep.  You can drag out the item, in this case a docking port senior

You forgot to mention that you are using TweakScale. Their default size is the one of the normal Clamp O-Tron Docking Port, not the docking port Sr. I'm sure that TweakScale is messing with the parts and forgets to update the position of the nodes. To fix this, update tweakscale to version 2.3.1. There was a bug that caused the nodes to get back to the original position when copying a scaled part in the Editor. I just tried out both versions and 2.3.1 fixed the exact issue you mentioned. 

@stali79 Can you elaborate this a bit more? As the Garage Adapter does not support tweakscale it is not affected by the bug in it. For me the Adapter behaves perfectly normal in the editor. Maybe a picture of the problem might be of help.

@Dr.Wolfram You guessed right, for CTT i placed the Cental Hub in "Long Term Habitation". I thought that this was a more appropiete place for it. :wink: 

Edited by Nils277

1 minute ago, Nils277 said:

You guessed right, for CTT i placed the Cental Hub in "Long Term Habitation". I thought that this was a more appropiete place for it. :wink: 

Oh yeah, just noticed it there ...  Nuuuu! I always started my outposts with Central Hub, i'll need lots of science to unlock that. Oh, well, time to commit some science  genocide *ehm* expeditions

6 hours ago, Nils277 said:

You forgot to mention that you are using TweakScale. Their default size is the one of the normal Clamp O-Tron Docking Port, not the docking port Sr. I'm sure that TweakScale is messing with the parts and forgets to update the position of the nodes. To fix this, update tweakscale to version 2.3.1. There was a bug that caused the nodes to get back to the original position when copying a scaled part in the Editor. I just tried out both versions and 2.3.1 fixed the exact issue you mentioned. 

@stali79 Can you elaborate this a bit more? As the Garage Adapter does not support tweakscale it is not affected by the bug in it. For me the Adapter behaves perfectly normal in the editor. Maybe a picture of the problem might be of help.

@Dr.Wolfram You guessed right, for CTT i placed the Cental Hub in "Long Term Habitation". I thought that this was a more appropiete place for it. :wink: 

From what I am seeing, the Garage node is overriding the Garage Adapter node, so instead of snapping to the adapter's node, parts are snapping to the garage's node instead.

http://imgur.com/a/2t72O

Edited by stali79

@stali79 Oh, you are right, one of the stack nodes in the inside is facing in the wrong direction. Will take care of that. Won't be long until the next update. There is a bug in one module of KPBS that causes massive NREs when a kerbal goes on EVA, so i have to fix that rather fast. :wink: 

Edited by Nils277

Hello,

Greetings to author of this mod, I recently discovered it and I love it.

Can someone recommend me some other mod which I could use together with this to construct new crafts in the colony? As easy to use as possible, I dont want to install 5 other mods just for this feature

Bugfix Update to 1.3.2

Changelog:

General:

• Added missing license for Community Category Kit

Cleanup:

• Removed all the deprecated parts

Mod Support:

• Updated support for Kerbalism (converter now have reliability)

Bug Fixes:

• Fixed invalid entry for field researchTime for cental-hub
  • Removed artifacts in Portraits in the Central Hub and the Science Lab
  • Fixed malfunction and resulting NREs of Module for JSIATP support
  • Reduced too high resource ration of the Greenhouse Container for TAC-LS (now 10 times less)
  • Cargo Attachment-Point in the "K&K Garage with Side-Door" now points into to right direction
  • Removed unnecessary Module for CLS from the big Oxygen container
  • The greenhouse is now only in the life support tab when an LS mod is installed

Download:

MRispXN.pngcNJI52O.png rMKWvsX.png

Note on the removed deprecated parts:
From this update on, all the deprecated parts are not anymore a part of this mod. I did my best to remove almost all occurences of the deprecated parts in the VAB/SHP so they should not have been used for any new craft. They were completely unavailable in the Science and Career mode and only persisted in already launched crafts. However if you still need them, they are still availabled from here

Download deprecated parts

@Palec Welcome to the Forums :) If you like a bit more thrill keeping your kerbals alive, i'd suggest one of the life support mods . E.g. (in decreasing order of complexity) TAC-LSUSI-LS or Snacks. Other fun mods also include rovers, like the Buffalo or the Malemute

Edited by Nils277

Sorry, I'm new to KSP. How do I actually build those bases and/or how do I get them to the planets? I can't seem to find any information on that. I saw few videos where people used Hyperedit, but I was hoping for a more immersive way of building those. Thanks!

42 minutes ago, Kerbital said:

Sorry, I'm new to KSP. How do I actually build those bases and/or how do I get them to the planets? I can't seem to find any information on that. I saw few videos where people used Hyperedit, but I was hoping for a more immersive way of building those. Thanks!

Have you looked at the first post (OP)?  There are a bunch of image galleries and linked videos. They might give you some ideas. 

On 23/10/2016 at 0:11 PM, Palec said:

Hello,

Greetings to author of this mod, I recently discovered it and I love it.

Can someone recommend me some other mod which I could use together with this to construct new crafts in the colony? As easy to use as possible, I dont want to install 5 other mods just for this feature

Hello Palec,

Here're some mods that could be usefull for you :wink::

Spoiler

I really like NearFutureConstruction for those modular multi-purpose girders in which you can stuff different tanks or even corridors, but i suggest you to try some moar NearFuture stuff, those are really nice mods

Another piece of jewel: 'Wanna assembly giant ships? Build a base without using KAS?...Or some cranes/magnets/forklifts to help you in building your stuff? Construction ports are amazing for this! (warranty voids if items are 10m above the launchpad)':D aand if you're interested you can grab more awesome mods on RoverDude's GitHub.

4 hours ago, Kerbital said:

Beyond what Dr.Wolfram has said, I'd take a look at Extraplanatary Launchpads for building in-place - and just using the docking, mounting, and engine parts included in the set to launch and assemble the base.

10 hours ago, dmav522 said:

can somebody post a download link for 1.1.3 version ? 

Just look at the downloads listed in the OP.  You can find downloads for older version of this mod that run with KSP 1.1.3 under all three. (Under Changelog at Spacedock, under files at Curse and just lower in the list at Github).

Out of curiosity, why do you want to use KSP 1.1.3?

Edited by Nils277

8 hours ago, Nils277 said:

Just look at the downloads listed in the OP.  You can find downloads for older version of this mod that run with KSP 1.1.3 under all three. (Under Changelog at Spacedock, under files at Curse and just lower in the list at Github).

never mind,I just updated...

59 minutes ago, dmav522 said:

never mind,I just updated...

Okay :) Might have been the case that you have OSX Sierra installed and are unable to run 1.2 or similar. When there are a lot of people with this problem it might have been an option to also keep a 1.1.3 version up-to-date for them until KSP can run on their devices. 

Oh and btw. welcome to the forums!

Edited by Nils277

10 hours ago, Nils277 said:

For me, I'm still playing a 1.1.3 career mode with a whole bunch of mods. Not all have been moved nicely to 1.2.  Also plan on doing that for a while, as I am using TAC-LS/KPBS combo in 1.1.3, and decided to use USI/KPBS in 1.2.

Your version 1.1.5 was the first to support 1.2 and had the fixes I asked for regarding the storage rebalancing. But, I kinda wanted them on 1.1.3. Is that not possible anymore? Not a big issue, more of a nice to have.

Edited by Gilph

24 minutes ago, Gilph said:

For me, I'm still playing a 1.1.3 career mode with a whole bunch of mods. Not all have been moved nicely to 1.2.  Also plan on doing that for a while, as I am using TAC-LS/KPBS combo in 1.1.3, and decided to use USI/KPBS in 1.2.

Your version 1.1.5 was the first to support 1.2 and had the fixes I asked for regarding the storage rebalancing. But, I kinda wanted them on 1.1.3. Is that not possible anymore? Not a big issue, more of a nice to have.

In general you can use the parts and configs from KPBS 1.3.2 in KSP 1.1.3. The parts did not change (except for bugfixes). You only have to take care to still have to old plugin dll. 

Unfortunately there is one exception, which is support for TAC LS because some definitions in the configs changed which makes the new configs unusable in TAC LS versions that run on KSP 1.1.3.

43 minutes ago, Nils277 said:

In general you can use the parts and configs from KPBS 1.3.2 in KSP 1.1.3. The parts did not change (except for bugfixes). You only have to take care to still have to old plugin dll. 

Unfortunately there is one exception, which is support for TAC LS because some definitions in the configs changed which makes the new configs unusable in TAC LS versions that run on KSP 1.1.3.

OK, Thanks for the reply.  I am not having any serious issues that impact play, so it's all fine. I started a 1.2 career and should be landing bases shortly using USI-LS.  Have to decide whether I prefer TAC or USI eventually. USI is such a large mod in total that is looks a lot like a different game sometimes, and that could be a good thing. But, will always keep KPBS. It is really a great mod.  Was never really interested in trying to retrofit rocket parts as bases, but KPBS really makes bases fun.

Thanks

3 hours ago, Nils277 said:

Okay :) Might have been the case that you have OSX Sierra installed and are unable to run 1.2 or similar. When there are a lot of people with this problem it might have been an option to also keep a 1.1.3 version up-to-date for them until KSP can run on their devices. 

Oh and btw. welcome to the forums!

I'm on Windows 

484tSRQ.png

Ahhh finaly my a picture of my MunStation at the Neil Armstring memorial site. Thanks to your mod and KJR i'm going to upgrade and extend it this week. Without KJR extending my base is impossible. It will wobble itself apart after connecting more base-parts.