[1.12.X] Kerbal Planetary Base Systems v1.6.15 [28. April 2022]

Nils277

1 hour ago, JonBar said:

I am not sure what is going on but the reactor seems to not use any uranium or produce depleted fuel, otherwise it works. This is after I updated to the latest release.

I reinstalled version 1.6.3 and it is working as normal.

Are you using Kerbalism?

@JonBar hmm...will have to check that again. I only made changes to the reactor for Kerbalism and did not change anything related to its default behaviour.

Are you using NearFutureElectrical? It also changes the Reactor...maybe i made a mistake there

2 minutes ago, Nils277 said:

@JonBar 

Are you using NearFutureElectrical? It also changes the Reactor...maybe i made a mistake there

Not using that one either. The only mods I have that interact with / supported by your mod would be OSE Workshop, Extraplanetary Launchpads, Tweakscale, KAS & KIS.

Edited by JonBar

@JonBar I might have found the reason. I actually did one change for the reactor. I changed it so that it does not run/produce EC when the EC is full. So when your EC is full it does not use any Uranium and also does not produce any DepletedFuel. With the already pretty low resource consumption it might appear to be nearly zero.

Will change that behaviour in the next updates as it fits better for a nuclear reactor to always run regardless whether EC is needed or not.

2 minutes ago, Nils277 said:

@JonBar I might have found the reason. I actually did one change for the reactor. I changed it so that it does not run/produce EC when the EC is full. So when your EC is full it does not use any Uranium and also does not produce any DepletedFuel. With the already pretty low resource consumption it might appear to be nearly zero.

Will change that behaviour in the next updates as it fits better for a nuclear reactor to always run regardless whether EC is needed or not.

Awesome, thank you!

Definitely trying it out. It would be good to provide some info in your nuclear reactor part in the game about making sure to provide cooling for it. I made that mistake the hard way building bases with nuclear reactors with no cooling and they would not stay running (overheating I'm guessing even though no info was given why they would shut down) Now I put on lots of radiators and don't have that problem anymore. A side note. I go back to bases I've already built using your parts and a lot of times some of the lights are out when they were on when I left. It's happened numerous times. I scolded the kerbies not to go running around turning off the lights so I don't think it's them.

3 hours ago, Rallyman03 said:

Is there a reason that the ISRU does not allow radial attachment of radiators? The reactor allows it but not the ISRU? Or am I missing something? Thanks.

The stock ISRU doesn't allow radial attachments either.  I guess the argument is that the machinery can't support additional weight/hoses/electrical.

I am in the process of mucking around with adding TAC-LS to some parts from another part mod (CxAerospace Station Parts), and as ModuleKPBSConverter has a 'rate' setting which ModuleResourceConverter is missing, I hope you don't mind I borrow heavily from your MM patches.

However, in the process, I noted that your Electron produce H2 to O2 roughly in the relation 4:1. Given that you have 2 H2O -> 2 H2 + O2, and assuming molar masses of roughly 2 for H2 and 32 for O2, the mass relation is 4 to 32 =  1 to 8. The density of O2 is 0.00014 and H2 is 0.00009, the volumes come out in roughly 2 to 1 (1.976591979 to 1 if my math is correct).

Your Sabatier reactor is off by a few percent as well, again assuming I actually figured out the chemistry. My numbers CO2 / H2 / H2O / CH4 comes out as 0,010281226 / 0,038557783 / 1,55177E-05 / 0,010337125. The CH4 is really off, but we do not want to have waste as gas as it is actually used by other converters under the assumption it is more or less solid.

Lastly, if I am satisfied with the results I get I could consider uploading the patches to the forum. As large parts of the code comes from you, I feel I should ask your permission before eventually doing that.

EDIT: After digging more around, I found that several containers (all?) in PBInc/ModSupport/Parts/LifeSupport has the field ConverterName spelled with a small initial c in ModuleKPBSConverter. Thus they will not show what the converter is converting. It is of course not a problem with single functionality converters, but raises some confusion is multiple converters is in the same part.

Edited by Freshmeat
More nitpicks

So I just got a contract to build a base on Duna and one of the requirements is to have the base on motorized wheels. I attached the foldable landing gear and tested on the runway. It seems the contract doesnt recognize these parts as wheels. Could it be something with the name not having wheel in it? Is this something I could change myself in the ctg file? Thanks.

On 6/12/2018 at 5:00 PM, Freshmeat said:

I am in the process of mucking around with adding TAC-LS to some parts from another part mod (CxAerospace Station Parts), and as ModuleKPBSConverter has a 'rate' setting which ModuleResourceConverter is missing, I hope you don't mind I borrow heavily from your MM patches.

However, in the process, I noted that your Electron produce H2 to O2 roughly in the relation 4:1. Given that you have 2 H2O -> 2 H2 + O2, and assuming molar masses of roughly 2 for H2 and 32 for O2, the mass relation is 4 to 32 =  1 to 8. The density of O2 is 0.00014 and H2 is 0.00009, the volumes come out in roughly 2 to 1 (1.976591979 to 1 if my math is correct).

Your Sabatier reactor is off by a few percent as well, again assuming I actually figured out the chemistry. My numbers CO2 / H2 / H2O / CH4 comes out as 0,010281226 / 0,038557783 / 1,55177E-05 / 0,010337125. The CH4 is really off, but we do not want to have waste as gas as it is actually used by other converters under the assumption it is more or less solid.

Lastly, if I am satisfied with the results I get I could consider uploading the patches to the forum. As large parts of the code comes from you, I feel I should ask your permission before eventually doing that.

EDIT: After digging more around, I found that several containers (all?) in PBInc/ModSupport/Parts/LifeSupport has the field ConverterName spelled with a small initial c in ModuleKPBSConverter. Thus they will not show what the converter is converting. It is of course not a problem with single functionality converters, but raises some confusion is multiple converters is in the same part.

Hmm...i did not really try to make the conversion rates as scientifically accurate as possible, but tried to balance it against the conversion rates from other mods (mainly TAC-LS itself and universal storage). Will take a look at them again and adjust the rates if i find differences between the ratios.

To you edit: You are right. Will fix that for the next update. 

On 6/13/2018 at 11:39 PM, Rallyman03 said:

So I just got a contract to build a base on Duna and one of the requirements is to have the base on motorized wheels. I attached the foldable landing gear and tested on the runway. It seems the contract doesnt recognize these parts as wheels. Could it be something with the name not having wheel in it? Is this something I could change myself in the ctg file? Thanks.

I will have to add the wheel explicidly to the contracts via ModuleManager so that contracts accept the wheels from KPBS. Will do so in the next update. HOWEVER these changes will not affect contracts that are already accepted, only new contracts. The only way for you might be to fiddle with the save file itself and add the wheels there to the correct contract. If you try to do so, make sure to make a backup of the save beforehand. You'd have to add the name "KKAOSS_Landing_Gear2_g" to the names of accepted wheels. Sorry i do not really play around with save files that often and don't know where exactly the change has to be made.

8 hours ago, Nils277 said:

I will have to add the wheel explicidly to the contracts via ModuleManager so that contracts accept the wheels from KPBS. Will do so in the next update. HOWEVER these changes will not affect contracts that are already accepted, only new contracts. The only way for you might be to fiddle with the save file itself and add the wheels there to the correct contract. If you try to do so, make sure to make a backup of the save beforehand. You'd have to add the name "KKAOSS_Landing_Gear2_g" to the names of accepted wheels. Sorry i do not really play around with save files that often and don't know where exactly the change has to be made.

Thats great thanks. I will attempt a save file change myself thanks for the tip in the right direction. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/12/2018 at 5:00 PM, Freshmeat said:

Going trough your calculations and e.g. universal storage i see that you are right in that the ratio is not correct. But at least for the elektron in the other direction. You calculated that the ratio has to be 2:1 rather than 4:1. Looking at universal storage the values are 8:1. Exaclty what you correctly said to be the mass relation. And the mass relation is what has to be used for the convertes rather than the volumes.
I'm not quite sure how much i will change the conversion rates of the parts because this influences and more importantly imbalances the whole setup maybe causing bases that were self sufficient before to lose that self sufficiency. Will see how i can apply the changes without destroying this.

You can of course also post the changes you made to the config files if you like. 

On 7/4/2018 at 4:45 PM, Agustin said:

If I only Have USI LS in RSS/RO, and install this, will I be able to produce supplies? Or what should I do to generate supplies in my bases?

You'll be able to produce Supplies with the Greenhouse and the container greenhouse. I just don't know if RO changes something in that regard. You'd have to ask that in the RO thread if those parts do not produce Supplies

21 hours ago, tonimark said:

plz update for ksp 1.4.4

Have you even tried to run this Mod with KSP 1.4.4? I don't know of any problems of the latest version of KPBS with 1.4.4. If you have found any problems that are caused by 1.4.4, please tell what these problems are, they can't be fixed otherwise. See here to learn how to report bugs: 

Edited by Nils277

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/23/2018 at 2:20 PM, Nicky21 said:

Is there a trick to getting these parts to work with tweakscale ?

No there isn't. The support for Tweakscale is only very limited. Only the corridors can be scaled by it. All other parts (especially the crewed ones) are not really meant to scaled up or down.

Which parts did you want to scale?

On 7/24/2018 at 8:28 PM, Nils277 said:

No there isn't. The support for Tweakscale is only very limited. Only the corridors can be scaled by it. All other parts (especially the crewed ones) are not really meant to scaled up or down.

Which parts did you want to scale?

Kinda' all of them. You can build some truly awesome ships with these parts .

https://imgur.com/xb2RhD5

Hello

I'm running Kerbal Planetary Base Systems with Kerbalism (and a bunch of other mods) and the greenhouse modules don't show up for me in the VAB. Is that something that can be fixed or are the KPBS greenhouses just not supported for Kerbalism?

Edit: Nevermind, I didn't notice they have their own category. I assumed they'd show up in Utilities like the Kerbalism Greenhouse.

Edited by HU5KI3
I'm dumb

20 hours ago, TeslaPenguin1 said:

How to use the concrete ground base?

It is used in the very same way the ground base (or plate?) from KIS/KAS is used. The documentation from KIS/KAS should describe that thoroughly. :wink:

1 hour ago, Nils277 said:

It is used in the very same way the ground base (or plate?) from KIS/KAS is used. The documentation from KIS/KAS should describe that thoroughly. :wink:

Yes, but when I try to grab it, it detaches from the bottom of the base