[1.12.X] Kerbal Planetary Base Systems v1.6.15 [28. April 2022]

Nils277

@MikeO89 The tower is 5 parts 

MI-FMD1 - Massive 5m Dome from the Munar Industries pack TweakScale up to 7.5m

MI-FMD1 - Massive 5m Dome from the Munar Industries pack TweakScale up to 7.5m - Upside down makes a sphere

FL-A151S Adapter TweakScale up to 2.5m - top of stalk (Making History)

FL-TX900 Tank TweakScale down to 1.675m to match rescaled FL-A1515 diameter (Making History)

FL-A151S Adapter TweakScale up to 2.5m - bottom of stalk (Making History)

Engines and supporting structural elements were stripped using KIS/KAS after placement on the base. 

MDvFDCM.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
7 hours ago, alexus said:

Please, tell me, Is it really possible to make the mesh of windows not change when the JSI transporent mode is on?

Like on it

[Snip]

Unfortunatly this is not possible. The internal model is always rendered above the external model, which makes every part of it invisible where the internal model is visible. The windows you see when JSIATP is active are part of the internal model.

Edited by Nils277

On 9/25/2018 at 11:44 AM, Tonka Crash said:

I'm having a small problem with the flexible corridors.  They seem to force an orientation on the parts being connected such that sometimes I end up with connected modules being held off the ground. I've also found that if the landing gear is extended when a flexible corridor is linked it's a guaranteed to explode KPBS landing gear somewhere in the base. I only link when all the components are resting on the ground.

L04WIAc.png

It happened when I connected the large water tower looking tank in the middle of the base. It replaced the command hub part as the heaviest piece component in the base. Prior to connecting the tank all the components appeared to lay flush with the ground. Most of the base is on a 0.6 degree slope, but the large tank is on a slight rise, so when the downhill components were attached they were lifted off the ground.  I tried multiple times disconnecting various parts and changing the order they were attached without any success. I tried with ground tethers on or off.

bqtUtqy.jpg

I would also suggest looking at the new KAS 1.0 Beta code for the RTS-1 resource transfer unit.  Somehow @IgorZ has come up with a way for a flexible connection that remains flexible after connection, provided you don't have autostruts to landing gear locking connected vessels in place.

I love the base man. I liked it so well I took inspiration from it to try to roughly simulate it. I'm not in your league though, I had to build it in the SPH bring it to Minmus with HyperEdit, heh. I call it my Tonka Base in tribute to you.

W7kXoNG.png

Edited by MikeO89

16 hours ago, Tonas1997 said:

Quick heads-up: the Kerbalism compatibility patch doesn't include a proper "greenhouse" module. I used Kerbalism's own greenhouse as a baseline and wrote some shoddy configs - haven't tested them yet - but they should work as intended.

Were there drastic changes in Kerbalism again? The greenhouse does have a greenhouse module from Kerbalism. It is added in the file 'KPBS_MM_Kerbalism_Default.cfg' in the 'PlanetaryBaseInc/ModSupport/Configs/Kerbalism/Profiles' folder.

Does something with this module not work correctly?

1 hour ago, Nils277 said:

Were there drastic changes in Kerbalism again? The greenhouse does have a greenhouse module from Kerbalism. It is added in the file 'KPBS_MM_Kerbalism_Default.cfg' in the 'PlanetaryBaseInc/ModSupport/Configs/Kerbalism/Profiles' folder.

Does something with this module not work correctly?

Erhm... huh, this is embarassing. My save wasn't loading the configs because my Kerbalism is using a custom profile suited for RSS, not the default/classic ones. Which makes perfect sense.

On the same subject: do you think any of the already implemented profiles would be suited for RSS? I know this is more of a Kerbalism-related question, but I used that mod's own greenhouse as a baseline and multiplied resource inputs/outputs by 1.8. This number was a bit of a rough estimate based on the notion that a land-based greenhouse would be far more capable (and costly, resources-wise) than a spaceborne one - Kerbalism's greenhouse was undeniably designed to be used in space habitats.

• 3 weeks later...

A small request:

The K&K launchapad part is very very good looking (the one used in Extraplanetary launchpads mod). It would make an awesome landing pad for a fighter docking to its mothership. Can you please make that part into a deployable docking port ?

Edited by Nicky21

19 hours ago, Nils277 said:

It should work with 1.5.1 without problems. Will try to make a release in the next time hopefully.

Works find except for the KSP AVC/Mini AVC message when loading, and the pesky wheel bounce issue when retracting, extending them (might not be a KBPS bug)

V/R

Rafael

Heya, I noticed that your modules don't quite match up in length with each other which makes building a base thats connected together in cube form and such impossible. I used docking ports to make the base fully connected even in a way to try and fill some gaps but it doesn't always work.  Is there anything you can do about this? I'll show some examples below.

unknown.png

The above shows that your 4 way stops won't meet up with the habitats because the central node is a different size and offsets them a little.

unknown.png

The above, I managed to actually fix with docking ports, kinda... Buuuttttt...

unknown.png

You can see here that the docking ports were a perfect fit, but very slightly off set.

unknown.png

Now this is just something I don't understand at all... Its literally the same exact structure. I placed it, it worked, I deleted it, and placed it again in the same spot, and it changed to something else. I tried 10 more times, same issue, I tried placing elsewhere, same flat ass thing. Nothing I did could get the original back and I couldn't figure out why.

I wish KSP used a different system, not some tree ship method that has one parent per item instead of forcing me to use docking ports or struts to connect a base together in a specific shape.

2 hours ago, taniwha said:

@Vas: KSP uses a tree structure because Unity uses a tree structure. However, there is a mod for that:

The great and powerful Taniwha has spoken!

I'll see if this is on CKAN and try it out, however I'll still have the issue of K&K structures not being able to reach each other cause of all the offsets. xD

On ‎11‎/‎7‎/‎2018 at 9:43 PM, Vas said:

The great and powerful Taniwha has spoken!

I'll see if this is on CKAN and try it out, however I'll still have the issue of K&K structures not being able to reach each other cause of all the offsets. xD

Regarding different sizes, of modules I asked Nils for a structural part (CLS Passable) to solve the issue.  regarding your cube issue you can use Konstructions docking ports. just make sure you designate the parts differently when docking IE Base-probe not Base to Base otherwise you will have issues on your last connection.

2 hours ago, Rafael acevedo said:

Regarding different sizes, of modules I asked Nils for a structural part (CLS Passable) to solve the issue.  regarding your cube issue you can use Konstructions docking ports. just make sure you designate the parts differently when docking IE Base-probe not Base to Base otherwise you will have issues on your last connection.

Yea I was watching my docking connections and making sure to properly set them. I never tested it out though because they were misaligned by several virtual inches and the other areas of the ship were so far misaligned and distant that docking ports wouldn't have helped at all. I wish each part was the same size, aka all the parts would be stretched to be as long as the longest part which I think is the launch pad, not sure.  Storage containers and such would store more as a result.  With everything the same exact size, building a station that connects to its self wouldn't be as hard. :P

Edited by Vas

5 hours ago, Vas said:

Yea I was watching my docking connections and making sure to properly set them. I never tested it out though because they were misaligned by several virtual inches and the other areas of the ship were so far misaligned and distant that docking ports wouldn't have helped at all. I wish each part was the same size, aka all the parts would be stretched to be as long as the longest part which I think is the launch pad, not sure.  Storage containers and such would store more as a result.  With everything the same exact size, building a station that connects to its self wouldn't be as hard. :P

I will send you pics of how I soled the issue

On 11/7/2018 at 11:35 PM, The-Doctor said:

Hi, are the nuclear reactors built in with this mod or do I need a Near future mod to make them work? Thanks

It works also without Near Future. However when you have Near Future installed it will use the modules from it.

On 11/7/2018 at 11:49 PM, Vas said:

Heya, I noticed that your modules don't quite match up in length with each other which makes building a base thats connected together in cube form and such impossible. I used docking ports to make the base fully connected even in a way to try and fill some gaps but it doesn't always work.  Is there anything you can do about this? I'll show some examples below.

unknown.png

The above shows that your 4 way stops won't meet up with the habitats because the central node is a different size and offsets them a little.

unknown.png

The above, I managed to actually fix with docking ports, kinda... Buuuttttt...

unknown.png

You can see here that the docking ports were a perfect fit, but very slightly off set.

unknown.png

Now this is just something I don't understand at all... Its literally the same exact structure. I placed it, it worked, I deleted it, and placed it again in the same spot, and it changed to something else. I tried 10 more times, same issue, I tried placing elsewhere, same flat ass thing. Nothing I did could get the original back and I couldn't figure out why.

I wish KSP used a different system, not some tree ship method that has one parent per item instead of forcing me to use docking ports or struts to connect a base together in a specific shape.

The different sizes were a mistake when designing the parts. I'm currently working on an overhaul of the parts that make them have sizes that allow for better structures (aside from the tree structure thing of course) This will however take a looong time till i have that done...currently i'm not even able to update for 1.5.1. The last image is the exact same structure but highly rotated. The windows on the right image are not showing to the top instead of the left.

30 minutes ago, Cannon said:

Do I need tac life support to make use of resources like water, etc, or is this mod enough on its own?

They are currently only available when LS mod is installed. What do you want to use the water for?