[1.12.X] Kerbal Planetary Base Systems v1.6.15 [28. April 2022]

Nils277

Perfect, thank you for the quick update, the Greenhouse works again with Snacks! Continued and USI LifeSupport.

Now that I've seen the conversion rates for USI, the conversion rate for Snacks seems a bit overpowered. With default Snacks! settings and a production-rate of one Snack per second, the Greenhouse could sustain over 7000 Kerbals with Snacks each day.

1 hour ago, Eleusis La Arwall said:

Perfect, thank you for the quick update, the Greenhouse works again with Snacks! Continued and USI LifeSupport.

Now that I've seen the conversion rates for USI, the conversion rate for Snacks seems a bit overpowered. With default Snacks! settings and a production-rate of one Snack per second, the Greenhouse could sustain over 7000 Kerbals with Snacks each day.

Really? Maaaaaan, i must have forgotten a few zeros in the production rate (again) :rolleyes:
I'll put it on the list for the next update.

Edited by Nils277

This is amazing! Your stock-alike style is just perfect! I wish that there was more!

On a side note, the depracated parts are not showing up in my part selection. I downloaded it and put it in my directory, yet I can't find them. I snooped through the config files, and I saw that under the category header it has it listed as "none". I'll try editing the category and I'll keep you posted on the results. If it works, I would recommend that you fix the files and re-upload them.

16 minutes ago, Raptor22 said:

This is amazing! Your stock-alike style is just perfect! I wish that there was more!

On a side note, the depracated parts are not showing up in my part selection. I downloaded it and put it in my directory, yet I can't find them. I snooped through the config files, and I saw that under the category header it has it listed as "none". I'll try editing the category and I'll keep you posted on the results. If it works, I would recommend that you fix the files and re-upload them.

The deprecated parts are kept in the game to prevent any vessels that already have them from being deleted by KSP, but they are hidden deliberately to prevent them from being used in any future vessels you are planning on making. They are, after all, deprecated.

On 10.1.2017 at 9:59 PM, Raptor22 said:

Ah. Well I planned to use it for the gangways, which currently we have to improvise by making a chain of hubs.

And an update: even by changing the category, the parts do not show up. Oh well.

You also have to set the 'TechRequired' field to a valid value (e.g. Start).

The deprecated parts are only there to allow people to still use their old crafts which still use these parts and not to build new ones with them. The parts were deprecated because they were replaced by better ones.

Why do you have to improvise? There are the corridor parts now that are meant for exactly that purpose. They have the benefit of not needing too many different parts because they adapt their appearance to where other parts are attached to them.

Edited by Nils277

This is an amazing mod and thanks for updating it so quickly. The look, style and features are a perfect match for the game. I used the hub and some smaller components to build ships too, not necessarily bases:)  Great option for long interplanetary trips!

I can't get the corridor docking ports to dock with stock ports, or other mod ports. Is this intentional? They dock with each other just fine, both on land and in space.

I've tried rotating them all angles, reinstalling the mod, uninstalling all others etc. Not sure what else to do.

4 hours ago, Tubal said:

I can't get the corridor docking ports to dock with stock ports, or other mod ports. Is this intentional? They dock with each other just fine, both on land and in space.

I've tried rotating them all angles, reinstalling the mod, uninstalling all others etc. Not sure what else to do.

Did you read the description?

Due to compatibility issues (spontaneous combustion) with the Clamp-O-Tron K&K developed the all new "nudge and connect" Corridor-Dock. It can be connected to the standard K&K Docking port and fits on all corridors!

So no, the corridor docking port uses a special port type that is not compatible with the default clamp-o-trons.

5 hours ago, Tubal said:

and

1 hour ago, Aelfhe1m said:

Did you read the description?

So no, the corridor docking port uses a special port type that is not compatible with the default clamp-o-trons.

Actually the docking ports should work with the normal Clamp-O-Tron. They did not in the past, but there were many users asking why this did not work so i changed it to work with the Clamp-O-Tron (and any other size1 docking port).
I have forgotten to change the description of the part though...will do that for the next update.

Just looked at the docking-ports and they have the old type again, so they do not work with the other ports at the moment (this is the second time this happens, i really have to be more careful :D). This will be fixed in the next update.

In the meantime, you can open the files:

GameData/PlanetaryBaseInc/BaseSystem/Parts/Structural/DockingPorts/dock_gangway.cfg and GameData/PlanetaryBaseInc/BaseSystem/Parts/Structural/DockingPorts/dock_habitat.cfg

in any Texteditor and change the line:

nodeType = sizeH

to

nodeType = size1

in each file.

Edited by Nils277

12 minutes ago, Tubal said:

That absolutely worked, thanks :)

I loaded up the mun base and the modules I had placed docked themselves while I wasn't watching :)
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=842371915 (these were using flexible docking ports)

Cool, always looked for flexibly corridors/docking-ports. From which mod are they?

Flexible Docking: http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/108704-11x-dmagics-modlets-latest-modlet-flexible-docking-wip-release-v04-7-8-2016/

Incredibly useful for ground bases obviously. :)

They're only flexibly before docking btw, when seeking out a partner. It's rigid after docking.

Hi all, Hi Nils277 and thanks for this great mod. Much work put into it!

I am new to this and trying to make a first permanent test base on Minmus using TACLS. But I am not able to make it perfectly permanent.

I am following the guide you posted on Github, a base for 8 Kerbals: 2 algae farm, 1 elektron, 1 greenhouse container 1 greenhouse. But I am not producing enough food for them. Seems the waste is the main problem.
So I've created a little excel sheet to try to understand the problem. I have been looking in the ingame mod values for converters, in the cfg values too to be sure. Also in TACLS values in the mods cfg. 

But before I go in deeper explanation of what I read, It seems either I am understanding the mods .cfg files wrong, either in game mod values are wrong.

As a small example, the greenhouse ingame tells me it needs 0.58 EC per second, and the greenhouse .cfg seems to say in needs 0.5 EC (per second? or is it per game tick?).

I see a lot of things like that that are not exactly the same (or completely different) in this mod and TACLS cfg values and what can be read in the game.

So my question is, is the wiki/github guide up to date? Can I really make a permanent base on Minmus (and other planets containing water) and if so, what exact parts do I need to achieve that?

Oh, I am on KSP 1.2.2 and keep mods updated with CKAN.

Thanks for reading this far and thanks for all the help

EDIT: Further testing creating crafts and sending them to Kerbin orbit. Instead of mining ore and water, I added huge amount of ore and water tanks, so I can test quickly. I am not able to produce enough Waste. Whatever I do, waste is always my bottleneck. Main parts are 2 greenhouse, 2 Elektron and 3 algae farms. For 8 Kerbals. Waste goes down. I have tried with many combinations, always with 8 Kerbals, but find no way to produce enough waste to have a complete cycle in TACLS

Edited by Garlik

1 hour ago, Garlik said:

Hi all, Hi Nils277 and thanks for this great mod. Much work put into it!

I am new to this and trying to make a first permanent test base on Minmus using TACLS. But I am not able to make it perfectly permanent.

I am following the guide you posted on Github, a base for 8 Kerbals: 2 algae farm, 1 elektron, 1 greenhouse container 1 greenhouse. But I am not producing enough food for them. Seems the waste is the main problem.
So I've created a little excel sheet to try to understand the problem. I have been looking in the ingame mod values for converters, in the cfg values too to be sure. Also in TACLS values in the mods cfg. 

But before I go in deeper explanation of what I read, It seems either I am understanding the mods .cfg files wrong, either in game mod values are wrong.

As a small example, the greenhouse ingame tells me it needs 0.58 EC per second, and the greenhouse .cfg seems to say in needs 0.5 EC (per second? or is it per game tick?).

I see a lot of things like that that are not exactly the same (or completely different) in this mod and TACLS cfg values and what can be read in the game.

So my question is, is the wiki/github guide up to date? Can I really make a permanent base on Minmus (and other planets containing water) and if so, what exact parts do I need to achieve that?

Oh, I am on KSP 1.2.2 and keep mods updated with CKAN.

Thanks for reading this far and thanks for all the help

Hey, the wiki on the Github page is not up to date (will have to do that at one point or mark it as outdated). 

You can take a look at the spreadsheet that is linked in the OP of this thread for ratios and configurations for bases using TAC-LS. 

I just installed PBS (via CKAN) into the most recent version of KSP. It seems like my PBS components are getting some anomalous acceleration going -- like if I have a base hub in orbit with time warp on, and then bring it back to normal x1, the hub immediately starts to rotate, and the rotation speed increases over time.  Is this a known issue, intentional, etc?  I'm having a heck of a time landing a starting base on Minmus just because I can't get the dang things to stay pointed upright.

If it makes any difference, in this particular case I've got an RC-001S remote attached rather than a kerbal pilot.  I also noticed that turning on the SAS didn't seem to have any effect on the spin, and the dials didn't show it putting any force on the capsule to even try to stop the spin.

Edit: Never mind, I'm seeing some of my other ships from before I installed PBS doing the same thing.  They're just bigger so it wasn't as obvious at first.

Edited by Darth Pseudonym

21 minutes ago, Nils277 said:

Hey, the wiki on the Github page is not up to date (will have to do that at one point or mark it as outdated). 

You can take a look at the spreadsheet that is linked in the OP of this thread for ratios and configurations for bases using TAC-LS. 

Thanks!

Had that to work indeed.

Though for a reason I do not know, the water purifier runs at max 45% load. So I installed 3. Two of them are running at 45% and one at 10% giving the 100% needed. I supposed there is a good reason for that. But have not found it. I have enough EC and waste water and storage for water and waste.

Again, great mod, but missing some updated info on Github, makes it difficult to grasp for newbies like me. If I can give you a help on updating those pages, feel free to ask. I've got some free time at work :) 

On 15.1.2017 at 10:35 PM, Garlik said:

Thanks!

Had that to work indeed.

Though for a reason I do not know, the water purifier runs at max 45% load. So I installed 3. Two of them are running at 45% and one at 10% giving the 100% needed. I supposed there is a good reason for that. But have not found it. I have enough EC and waste water and storage for water and waste.

Again, great mod, but missing some updated info on Github, makes it difficult to grasp for newbies like me. If I can give you a help on updating those pages, feel free to ask. I've got some free time at work :) 

Hmm, i don't know what could cause this. Can you send me the save file with the base? Maybe i can see what causes this there.

Ok, the case where my water purifier at%  was just with a test ship having only one crew member on board. Now attached (with KIS/KAS) the exact same ship to a refueling station on Minmus with a total of 6 Kerbals, water purifer are at 120% (or 125?). Suppose it could be linked to either Kerbal count on board or higher engineer level or something along those lines?

Sorry, forgot to take a save yesterday evening, if still needed I can do it tonight (europe time)

Again, I'dd gladly help with the documentation, suppose it could help others like me trying to guestimate how it all works

16 minutes ago, Garlik said:

Ok, the case where my water purifier at%  was just with a test ship having only one crew member on board. Now attached (with KIS/KAS) the exact same ship to a refueling station on Minmus with a total of 6 Kerbals, water purifer are at 120% (or 125?). Suppose it could be linked to either Kerbal count on board or higher engineer level or something along those lines?

Sorry, forgot to take a save yesterday evening, if still needed I can do it tonight (europe time)

Again, I'dd gladly help with the documentation, suppose it could help others like me trying to guestimate how it all works

No worries. I think it has to do with the number of engineers on board.

A little help for the documentation would be really appreciated. Can everyone edit the wiki on github or do you need to unlock it somehow?

7 hours ago, dlrk said:

Does KPBS integrate well, or at all with UKS/MKS?

yep, as extra science and snack production base aside the regular other bases ground-side :)
i really wish for warehousing for the containers tho.

Edited by LatiMacciato