[1.12.X] Kerbal Planetary Base Systems v1.6.15 [28. April 2022]

Nils277

17 minutes ago, nascarlaser1 said:

Hi guys! I was wondering does this require LS? I know it has LS parts, and LS is a recommended feature, but if I do not have LS, will my kerbals die inside the base??

Without a LS mod, there's nothing that would kill the kerbals inside the base.  :wink:

This is 'just' a part mod - it has parts that support different uses.  No other direct gameplay effects.

Just now, DStaal said:

Without a LS mod, there's nothing that would kill the kerbals inside the base.  :wink:

This is 'just' a part mod - it has parts that support different uses.  No other direct gameplay effects.

yay! I can still RP, without having to worry about forgetting my guy in orbit and having him keeling over lol.

On 26.9.2016 at 6:06 PM, Gilph said:

Hi,

Noticed a small issue,  If I set the Algae tank to 75% conversion, then I switch to another scene and return, the setting gets changed back to 100%. This is on 1.1.3.

Thanks

Thanks for the info. Will fix that in the next update.

For all: I plan to make an update of this mod approx. 1 week after the full release of KSP 1.2. 

On 23.9.2016 at 1:03 PM, felipe_pizano said:

Hello, and congrats on this mod! It's really awsome!

Just a litlle bug, I don't know if it also happens to other players. I'm setting a base on Mun. But every time I get back to make some improvements, some parts appear a little messy, untidy, like it was mounted out of axis. i'm running the latest version.

TKS

Yeah, as said, it is probably due to the game engine itself. But to be honest i have never experienced this problem in a huge way. It your problem is really bad and a base is rendered useless after a reload please let me know...Maybe then there's more to that. If so, can you post screenshots comparing how the base looks before and after a reload?

On 24.9.2016 at 7:29 PM, Gilph said:

Hi,

Since i got somewhat screwed by the ore scan on Min, only Slopes contain water. So, I have to park my main base at the edge of lesser flats (not to be confused with Lester Flats) and put the water mining section on the edge of the slopes and connect them.  On Kerbin, i tried connecting a flexible corridor on one base building with a corridor docking port an another base section 20M away.  I would get the Link option when i right clicked the flex, drag to the other port, but no option to complete the link.  I am using an Engineer with a wrench/drill. Is that the correct procedure?

There are two things: First, you need the flexible corridor part on both ends you want to connect. Secondly the corridor is restricted to a lenght of 10m. So if you want to make it 20m you'd have to put a part with flexible corridor ends between. 

2 hours ago, Nils277 said:
On 9/24/2016 at 1:29 PM, Gilph said:

Hi,

Since i got somewhat screwed by the ore scan on Min, only Slopes contain water. So, I have to park my main base at the edge of lesser flats (not to be confused with Lester Flats) and put the water mining section on the edge of the slopes and connect them.  On Kerbin, i tried connecting a flexible corridor on one base building with a corridor docking port an another base section 20M away.  I would get the Link option when i right clicked the flex, drag to the other port, but no option to complete the link.  I am using an Engineer with a wrench/drill. Is that the correct procedure?

There are two things: First, you need the flexible corridor part on both ends you want to connect. Secondly the corridor is restricted to a lenght of 10m. So if you want to make it 20m you'd have to put a part with flexible corridor ends between. 

Thanks for the response. @DStaal was kind enough to help me with this. It was user error...did not know that a flex port could not attach to a regular port. I did manage to scout a small corner that had 1.03% water right at the very south edge of the flats, so I drove the base there and just attached the water mining section directly (love those perfectly aligned wheels).  Now I can drill both ore and water on a nice flat section without moving. They can survive for a long time.

Thanks

On 10/1/2016 at 7:05 AM, Nils277 said:
On 9/26/2016 at 0:06 PM, Gilph said:

Hi,

Noticed a small issue,  If I set the Algae tank to 75% conversion, then I switch to another scene and return, the setting gets changed back to 100%. This is on 1.1.3.

Thanks

Thanks for the info. Will fix that in the next update.

Hi, it looks like any setting does not get preserved in a scene change. The enabled/disabled settings work, but if you set a any conversion level other than 100%, it resets back to 100% on a scene change, including the Habitat and Hub settings.

Also, the CO2 Small Container has the same CO2 capacity as the Waste Products Small Container. Should that be double the amount, similar to the Waste and Waste Water Small Containers? In fact, should it be slightly more? I wanted to lower waste water and increase CO2 and waste storage. If I replace 2 Waste Products Small Containers with a CO2 and a Waste container, I have the same amount of waste, half the amount of CO2 (or, assuming it's a bug, will have the same), and no waste water, with the same mass.  I lose waste water capacity, but no gain on CO2 or waste.

Thanks

Edited by Gilph

Major bug

latest KPBS + TAC LS -> KKAOSS_LS_container_airfilter (K&K Airfilter Container) doesn't work.

There are no signs of expected buttons like "Start CO2 Filer" or "Start Oxygen Filer" in right-click menu, thus no gas extraction can be started. (BTW "Filer" looks like typo from "Filter").

Reason: 

ModuleResourceHarvester expects ModuleAnimationGroup to exist on same part and have some "opening" animation before enabling and showing harvester buttons. But KKAOSS_LS_container_airfilter has NO ModuleAnimationGroup and NO animation at all.

Suggestion: 

Even with empty animation adding ModuleAnimationGroup to config will fix the bug.

MODULE
{
	name = ModuleAnimationGroup
	deployAnimationName = 
	activeAnimationName =
	deployActionName = Activate
	retractActionName = Deactivate
	moduleType = Air Filter
}

Edited by Dr. Jet

On 2.10.2016 at 5:24 PM, Dr. Jet said:

Major bug

latest KPBS + TAC LS -> KKAOSS_LS_container_airfilter (K&K Airfilter Container) doesn't work.

There are no signs of expected buttons like "Start CO2 Filer" or "Start Oxygen Filer" in right-click menu, thus no gas extraction can be started. (BTW "Filer" looks like typo from "Filter").

Reason: 

ModuleResourceHarvester expects ModuleAnimationGroup to exist on same part and have some "opening" animation before enabling and showing harvester buttons. But KKAOSS_LS_container_airfilter has NO ModuleAnimationGroup and NO animation at all.

Suggestion: 

Even with empty animation adding ModuleAnimationGroup to config will fix the bug.

MODULE
{
	name = ModuleAnimationGroup
	deployAnimationName = 
	activeAnimationName =
	deployActionName = Activate
	retractActionName = Deactivate
	moduleType = Air Filter
}

Thanks, will be fixed in the next version.

On 2.10.2016 at 5:15 PM, Gilph said:

Hi, it looks like any setting does not get preserved in a scene change. The enabled/disabled settings work, but if you set a any conversion level other than 100%, it resets back to 100% on a scene change, including the Habitat and Hub settings.

Also, the CO2 Small Container has the same CO2 capacity as the Waste Products Small Container. Should that be double the amount, similar to the Waste and Waste Water Small Containers? In fact, should it be slightly more? I wanted to lower waste water and increase CO2 and waste storage. If I replace 2 Waste Products Small Containers with a CO2 and a Waste container, I have the same amount of waste, half the amount of CO2 (or, assuming it's a bug, will have the same), and no waste water, with the same mass.  I lose waste water capacity, but no gain on CO2 or waste.

Thanks

Oh yeah there must be some miscalculation. I will look into it and fix it

On 1.10.2016 at 11:43 PM, falken said:

ybklDTCl.png

This is a good pack. I'm having alot of fun making a 100% self sustaining base! 

Looks cool. :) 

On 23.9.2016 at 6:24 AM, cantsee29 said:

I am using CKAN to download this file and install it but i get the following error

Failed to download "https://spacedock.info/mod/173/Kerbal Planetary Base Systems/download/1.1.4" - error: An exception occurred during a WebClient request.

Any Thoughts

THanks

Does it work again? Otherwise i would suggest downloading it directly via one of the named mirrors. It should work with CKAN though and should be updated automatically (If CKAN does not mess it up)

On 23.9.2016 at 6:24 AM, GuidedCursor said:

Hi Nils

Thank you so much for your contribution, your works are game changer to me.

May I ask you if it possible to make a copula IVA windows a little clearer.

I use it as a rover's head, even though the visibility isn't great. But I love your design so much 

PGizaHlg.png

Thank you again  

Will have a look at the window to make it a notch clearer

10 hours ago, Bill the Kerbal said:

Would this work in the 1.2 pre release? 

No it does not work with the 1.2 pre release, the Plugin DLL has to be recompiled for 1.2 (amongst other things).
The pre-release version changes very often and it would be a too big overhead to recompile this mod for every update. I will start working on the update to 1.2 as soon as there is an official release. 

Hey Folks,

been playing around with updating KPBS to 1.2 (pre) a bit and everything looks solid at the moment.

Therefore i decided to make a BETA-version of KPBS so you can try and test it if you wish so.

You can find the Changelog on GitHub. And as always: feel free to report any bugs you found.

Be advised that this update is build for the prerelease version of KSP. If you find any bugs that you think are in the stock game, try to reproduce them without KPBS installed. Especially when you run a build of KSP other than 1569!

Edited by Nils277

1 minute ago, Nils277 said:

Hey Folks,

been playing around with updating KPBS to 1.2 (pre) a bit and everything looks solid at the moment.

Therefore i decided to make a BETA-version of KPBS so you can try and test it if you wish so.

rMKWvsX.png

You can find the Changelog on GitHub. And as always: feel free to report any bugs you found.

Be advised that this update is build for the prerelease version of KSP. If you find any bugs that you think are in the stock game, try to reproduce them without KPBS installed. Especially when you run a build of KSP other than 1569!

Got a link mate?

On 10/6/2016 at 7:05 AM, Nils277 said:

Hey Folks,

Nils 

something minor docking ports do not show on the planetary surface structures menu, they however show under the coupling major. 

Vr

rafi

3 hours ago, Rafael acevedo said:

Nils 

something minor docking ports do not show on the planetary surface structures menu, they however show under the coupling major. 

Vr

rafi

Good find! Forgot that the new categories also have to be considered from the filter that moves all parts into one category. Will fix that for the release. Thanks! :)

Just installed the 1.2 Beta. When the config setting separateFunctionFilter = True is activated, the KPBS parts do show up under their own category... but also under the various function categories (pods, utility, etc). So assigning to the custom category works; removing from the existing part categories doesn't.

On October 6, 2016 at 7:05 AM, Nils277 said:

Hey Folks,

Hi Nils,

Here are some things I've notice on my end:

1. It seems the decoupler is absent from this build (the one used for the trip or bi coupler).
  2. The "container" parts seems also seem to be absent (the ones used to insert fuel, monopropellant etc.)

Thanks again for the PRE build :)

Edited by Fonz

2 hours ago, Fonz said:

Hi Nils,

Here are some things I've notice on my end:

1. It seems the decoupler is absent from this build (the one used for the trip or bi coupler).
  2. The "container" parts seems also seem to be absent (the ones used to insert fuel, monopropellant etc.)

Thanks again for the PRE build :)

Hmm, weird. Will look at this when i get back to my computer. Thanks for the report :)

@Fonz

I just looked for the parts you mentioned and they are still there.
Have you looked for them in the new categories? E.g. the Separator is now in the "Coupling" categorie, and the racks for the storage container are now under "Payload".

They are not yet in the custom filter though, they will be added for the full release. 

4 hours ago, Nils277 said:

@Fonz

I just looked for the parts you mentioned and they are still there.
Have you looked for them in the new categories? E.g. the Separator is now in the "Coupling" categorie, and the racks for the storage container are now under "Payload".

They are not yet in the custom filter though, they will be added for the full release. 

Hi Nils,

Are you talking about this Module tab?BNDaGxw.png

Edited by Fonz

22 minutes ago, Fonz said:

Hi Nils,

Are you talking about this Module tab?BNDaGxw.png

No, i did not mean this module tab. You are right, they are missing in there indeed! Will try to fix this.

Edit: Found the reason for the missing separator in this category: It is listed under "separator" not "decoupler" because it's separation is at both ends.

@Fonz Where are the container parts absent? Can you show me a screenshot?

I have them here:

70bXs6y.png

Edited by Nils277