[1.12.X] Kerbal Planetary Base Systems v1.6.15 [28. April 2022]

Nils277

On 12/2/2018 at 10:00 PM, MikeO89 said:

Did something get changed with the nuclear reactor? Recently I put one on a base and there wasn't even an option to turn it on like before. So it's just sitting there doing nothing. I didn't do anything different than any other time I've used it  and all other times I could turn it off and on at will.

Hmm, i did not change anything on the reactor. Can you post a log for it? Maybe there is some error.

On 12/4/2018 at 6:24 AM, mrvice said:

If i use TAC is the greenhouse supposed to produce oxygen or only food?

edit: and if not is there any way to produce food,water,oxygen when landed on a different planet?

The greenhouse as well as some other parts produce oxygen. You can use the TAC-LS Spreadsheet linked from the OP to see what you need for which planet

On 12/11/2018 at 12:20 AM, SoonerTed said:

The K&K storage (KIS) (both small and normal size) won't open for me inside the VAB.  Am I missing a mod?

Hmm, this should not happen. Maybe some update from KIS changed something. Will have to take a look at that. Can you post a log for the case that there are some other errors?

On 12/17/2018 at 9:46 AM, Nils277 said:

Hmm, i did not change anything on the reactor. Can you post a log for it? Maybe there is some error.

The greenhouse as well as some other parts produce oxygen. You can use the TAC-LS Spreadsheet linked from the OP to see what you need for which planet

Hmm, this should not happen. Maybe some update from KIS changed something. Will have to take a look at that. Can you post a log for the case that there are some other errors?

I am not using KIS.  Is that it?

On 12/18/2018 at 11:03 AM, SoonerTed said:

I am not using KIS.  Is that it?

The main and only purpose of KIS storage is storing KIS items :) So if you don't use KIS, then you don't have the storages.

8 hours ago, SoonerTed said:

Hah.  Strange that the part would be enabled in the VAB, though.  Thanks!

AFAIK, excluding parts from the game database basing on the mod presence is a big deal. Usually, all the parts are always loaded, but their modules depend on the mods installed. If you don't have KIS, then there will be no inventories in the part. If the part has no active modules, then it can only be used in the visual appearance.

Speaking of which, going off from IgorZ's post above, how would I be able to expose the mini-greenhouse (it's not been deprecated, right?) without installing an LS mod... for roleplaying purposes only? I'd be willing to edit a cfg, although I guess would it be safer instead to write an MM patch to force the exposure? Thanks!

What? I take good nutrition seriously. How else are my kerbals going to stay a healthy shade of pink green, chew on rocks?

On 12/19/2018 at 9:50 PM, SoonerTed said:

Hah.  Strange that the part would be enabled in the VAB, though.  Thanks!

Hmm it should not be available when KIS is not installed. Will take a look if i forgot something ;) 

On 12/20/2018 at 3:07 PM, B-STRK said:

Speaking of which, going off from IgorZ's post above, how would I be able to expose the mini-greenhouse (it's not been deprecated, right?) without installing an LS mod... for roleplaying purposes only? I'd be willing to edit a cfg, although I guess would it be safer instead to write an MM patch to force the exposure? Thanks!

What? I take good nutrition seriously. How else are my kerbals going to stay a healthy shade of pink green, chew on rocks?

Will make a config ready ofter the holiday season ;) 

On 12/26/2018 at 2:12 AM, The-Doctor said:

@Nils277 hello good day, I have a simple question regarding the reactor which uses uranium, is this meant to work with NFT reactors or can it be standalone? If so is there a way to refine uranium from mining or something and not need other mods or constant resupply? Thanks

When NFE is installed the mod uses it's mechanics. Bit it can also be used as standalone.

PS: An update for KSP 1.6.0 will come after the holiday season 

@Nils277 mind I ask, shouldn't the mod support - parts (e.g. KIS parts) have this tag?

PART:NEEDS[KIS]
{
	// stuff
}

.. instead KIS parts only have

PART
{
	// stuff
}

EDIT:
I noticed (after looking through the cfg files) only these are lacking of ":NEEDS[KIS]"

• KKAOSS_KIS_FuelTank (FuelTank_g.cfg)
  • KKAOSS_KIS_FuelTank_small (FuelTank_small_g.cfg)
Edited by LatiMacciato

2 hours ago, Nils277 said:

Hmm it should not be available when KIS is not installed. Will take a look if i forgot something ;) 

Will make a config ready ofter the holiday season ;) 

When NFE is installed the mod uses it's mechanics. Bit it can also be used as standalone.

PS: An update for KSP 1.6.0 will come after the holiday season 

No worries 1.5.1 update working fine. wouldn't be surprised of a 1.6.1 release soon over the lander can issue

but looking forward to it anyways :-)

I think I found a bug with the thermal management of the smelter.. 

it wasn't getting up to temperature so I stole some the .cfg code from the EL smelter and tweaked it in.. 

tags = #LOC_KPBS.smelter.tags

MODULE {
        name = ELConverter
        ConverterName = Smelter
        EVARange = 3
        StartActionName = #LOC_KPBS.smelter.metal.start
        StopActionName = #LOC_KPBS.smelter.metal.stop
        ConverterRecipe = LFOFiredSmelter
        Rate = 5.59964
        efficiency = 273.15, 0
        efficiency = 1873, 1

AutoShutdown = false
        GeneratesHeat = true
    }

MODULE {
        name = ELConverter
        ConverterName = Scrap Metal Remelter
        EVARange = 3
        StartActionName = #LOC_KPBS.smelter.scrap.start
        StopActionName = #LOC_KPBS.smelter.scrap.stop
        ConverterRecipe = LFOFiredRemelter
        Rate =  5.59964
        efficiency = 273.15, 0
        efficiency = 1873, 1

AutoShutdown = false
        GeneratesHeat = true
    }

MODULE {
        name = ELCoreHeat
        CoreTempGoal = 1873
        CoreToPartRatio = 0.1
        CoreTempGoalAdjustment = 0
        CoreEnergyMultiplier = 0.1
        HeatRadiantMultiplier = 0.05
        CoolingRadiantMultiplier = 0
        HeatTransferMultiplier = 0.01
        CoolantTransferMultiplier = 0.01
        radiatorCoolingFactor = 1
        radiatorHeatingFactor = 0.05
        MaxCalculationWarp = 1000
        CoreShutdownTemp = 4000
        MaxCoolant = 0
    }

The ELCoreHeat needs to be there as otherwise it won't work.. (it's almost always at 0% efficiency) 

btw, I'm running on KPBS1.6.6 and KSP 1.6.0.2395 and I've not encountered any other problems yet.. keep up the good work .

On 1/3/2019 at 12:12 PM, bunjatec said:

I think I found a bug with the thermal management of the smelter.. 

it wasn't getting up to temperature so I stole some the .cfg code from the EL smelter and tweaked it in.. 

The ELCoreHeat needs to be there as otherwise it won't work.. (it's almost always at 0% efficiency) 

btw, I'm running on KPBS1.6.6 and KSP 1.6.0.2395 and I've not encountered any other problems yet.. keep up the good work .

Thanks! I think that there is a github issue already that some EL configs changed and KPBS is not up to date with the changes. Will take care of that for the next update.

EL's smelter has some issues I need to look into, but it does seem to be less weird (I have had it be a little excessively hot once or twice). Main issue I need to look into is its dual-mode operation (ie, running both smelter and scrap melter at the same time): I'm not sure if it should consume twice the LFO (which it does now), or share the heat from the LFO between the two.

However, thanks for the feedback :)

Edited by taniwha

Any news for 1.6 integration? :D I'm still waiting for this mod to play the newest version of KSP! 

EDIT: Also, where is the donate button, I wanna tip you for this awesome mod that made me not play KPS without it( and the rover mod too) <3

Edited by FLO

11 minutes ago, FLO said:

Any news for 1.6 integration? :D I'm still waiting for this mod to play the newest version of KSP! 

EDIT: Also, where is the donate button, I wanna tip you for this awesome mod that made me not play KPS without it( and the rover mod too) <3

It's a pretty straightforward parts pack.  I haven't used the parts much in my current save, but I haven't seen any issues in 1.6.  (The rover I know is working fine.  Been using it fairly extensively.)

Typically packs that are just parts (no changes in behavior of the game) have no issues between versions.  Recently even a fair number plugin-dependent mods have been working fine as well.

On ‎1‎/‎15‎/‎2019 at 2:22 PM, DStaal said:

It's a pretty straightforward parts pack.  I haven't used the parts much in my current save, but I haven't seen any issues in 1.6.  (The rover I know is working fine.  Been using it fairly extensively.)

Typically packs that are just parts (no changes in behavior of the game) have no issues between versions.  Recently even a fair number plugin-dependent mods have been working fine as well.

I have been using it on 1.6.1 with both Kerbalism and USI-LS (not both at the same time :) ) and I have had no issues (also using KIS and KAS). Hope that Nils has had some time for the spacer Part (a part that allows you to account for different module sizes in order to have a symmetrical base.) Currently using  the control module disabling the sas and torque and getting them in hibernation .

UPDATE: Found an issue while using Kerbalism.  My kerbals cannot transfer, nor board the Greenhouse module.  It gives you the message "Cannot enter a module that is full"  it is not game breaking, but part of the fun of KPBS is the beautiful IVAS that Nil's made.  OBTW don't know if this is actually a bug or by design when using kerbalism.

Edited by Rafael acevedo
Updated Info

On 1/15/2019 at 9:40 PM, Rafael acevedo said:

I have been using it on 1.6.1 with both Kerbalism and USI-LS (not both at the same time :) ) and I have had no issues (also using KIS and KAS). Hope that Nils has had some time for the spacer Part (a part that allows you to account for different module sizes in order to have a symmetrical base.) Currently using  the control module disabling the sas and torque and getting them in hibernation .

UPDATE: Found an issue while using Kerbalism.  My kerbals cannot transfer, nor board the Greenhouse module.  It gives you the message "Cannot enter a module that is full"  it is not game breaking, but part of the fun of KPBS is the beautiful IVAS that Nil's made.  OBTW don't know if this is actually a bug or by design when using kerbalism.

Hmm, have to look into the config. I think that the Greenhouse should be accessible in Kerbalism

@Nils277 There is a bug in 1.6.0 & 1.6.1 that can lock up the parts menu in the VAB if a bulkheadProfiles isn't defined for each part. The following thread discusses it.

The following parts in this mod are missing a bulkheadProfiles definition:

Spoiler

./PlanetaryBaseInc/BaseSystem/Parts/Electrical/Centrifuge.cfg
./PlanetaryBaseInc/BaseSystem/Parts/Electrical/NuclearFuel.cfg
./PlanetaryBaseInc/BaseSystem/Parts/Electrical/Reactor.cfg
./PlanetaryBaseInc/BaseSystem/Parts/FuelTank/FuelTank_g.cfg
./PlanetaryBaseInc/BaseSystem/Parts/FuelTank/FuelTank_small_g.cfg
./PlanetaryBaseInc/BaseSystem/Parts/Resources/Drill_g.cfg
./PlanetaryBaseInc/BaseSystem/Parts/Structural/Flatbed/Flatbed.cfg
./PlanetaryBaseInc/ContainerSystem/tank_fuelcell.cfg
./PlanetaryBaseInc/ContainerSystem/tank_liquidFuel.cfg
./PlanetaryBaseInc/ContainerSystem/tank_ore.cfg
./PlanetaryBaseInc/ContainerSystem/tank_ore_small.cfg
./PlanetaryBaseInc/ContainerSystem/tank_rocketFuel.cfg
./PlanetaryBaseInc/ContainerSystem/tank_rocketFuel_small.cfg
./PlanetaryBaseInc/ContainerSystem/tank_science_jr.cfg
./PlanetaryBaseInc/ContainerSystem/tank_xenon.cfg
./PlanetaryBaseInc/ModSupport/Parts/DeepFreeze/DF_TankGlykerol/tank_Glykerol.cfg
./PlanetaryBaseInc/ModSupport/Parts/Extraplanetary Launchpads/Drill_MetalOre.cfg
./PlanetaryBaseInc/ModSupport/Parts/Extraplanetary Launchpads/FuelTank_Metal.cfg
./PlanetaryBaseInc/ModSupport/Parts/Extraplanetary Launchpads/FuelTank_MetalOre.cfg
./PlanetaryBaseInc/ModSupport/Parts/Extraplanetary Launchpads/FuelTank_RocketParts.cfg
./PlanetaryBaseInc/ModSupport/Parts/Extraplanetary Launchpads/Launchpad.cfg
./PlanetaryBaseInc/ModSupport/Parts/Extraplanetary Launchpads/Recycler.cfg
./PlanetaryBaseInc/ModSupport/Parts/Extraplanetary Launchpads/ScrapMetal.cfg
./PlanetaryBaseInc/ModSupport/Parts/Extraplanetary Launchpads/Smelter.cfg
./PlanetaryBaseInc/ModSupport/Parts/Extraplanetary Launchpads/Workshop.cfg
./PlanetaryBaseInc/ModSupport/Parts/KAS/gangway_flexible.cfg
./PlanetaryBaseInc/ModSupport/Parts/KAS/gangway_flexible_LEGACY.cfg
./PlanetaryBaseInc/ModSupport/Parts/KIS/FuelTank_g.cfg
./PlanetaryBaseInc/ModSupport/Parts/KIS/FuelTank_small_g.cfg
./PlanetaryBaseInc/ModSupport/Parts/KIS/tank_KIS.cfg
./PlanetaryBaseInc/ModSupport/Parts/KIS/tank_KIS_big.cfg
./PlanetaryBaseInc/ModSupport/Parts/LifeSupport/Container_Airfilter.cfg
./PlanetaryBaseInc/ModSupport/Parts/LifeSupport/Container_Algae.cfg
./PlanetaryBaseInc/ModSupport/Parts/LifeSupport/Container_CarbonExtractor.cfg
./PlanetaryBaseInc/ModSupport/Parts/LifeSupport/Container_CO2_big.cfg
./PlanetaryBaseInc/ModSupport/Parts/LifeSupport/Container_CO2_small.cfg
./PlanetaryBaseInc/ModSupport/Parts/LifeSupport/Container_ECLSS_big.cfg
./PlanetaryBaseInc/ModSupport/Parts/LifeSupport/Container_ECLSS_small.cfg
./PlanetaryBaseInc/ModSupport/Parts/LifeSupport/Container_Elektron.cfg
./PlanetaryBaseInc/ModSupport/Parts/LifeSupport/Container_Fertilizer_big.cfg
./PlanetaryBaseInc/ModSupport/Parts/LifeSupport/Container_Fertilizer_small.cfg
./PlanetaryBaseInc/ModSupport/Parts/LifeSupport/Container_Food_big.cfg
./PlanetaryBaseInc/ModSupport/Parts/LifeSupport/Container_Food_small.cfg
./PlanetaryBaseInc/ModSupport/Parts/LifeSupport/Container_Greenhouse.cfg
./PlanetaryBaseInc/ModSupport/Parts/LifeSupport/Container_Hydrogen.cfg
./PlanetaryBaseInc/ModSupport/Parts/LifeSupport/Container_IFILS_big.cfg
./PlanetaryBaseInc/ModSupport/Parts/LifeSupport/Container_IFILS_small.cfg
./PlanetaryBaseInc/ModSupport/Parts/LifeSupport/Container_IONCROSS_big.cfg
./PlanetaryBaseInc/ModSupport/Parts/LifeSupport/Container_IONCROSS_small.cfg
./PlanetaryBaseInc/ModSupport/Parts/LifeSupport/Container_Kerbalism_big.cfg
./PlanetaryBaseInc/ModSupport/Parts/LifeSupport/Container_Kerbalism_small.cfg
./PlanetaryBaseInc/ModSupport/Parts/LifeSupport/Container_Mulch_big.cfg
./PlanetaryBaseInc/ModSupport/Parts/LifeSupport/Container_Mulch_small.cfg
./PlanetaryBaseInc/ModSupport/Parts/LifeSupport/Container_Nitrogen.cfg
./PlanetaryBaseInc/ModSupport/Parts/LifeSupport/Container_Noms_big.cfg
./PlanetaryBaseInc/ModSupport/Parts/LifeSupport/Container_Noms_small.cfg
./PlanetaryBaseInc/ModSupport/Parts/LifeSupport/Container_Oxygen_big.cfg
./PlanetaryBaseInc/ModSupport/Parts/LifeSupport/Container_Oxygen_small.cfg
./PlanetaryBaseInc/ModSupport/Parts/LifeSupport/Container_Sabatier.cfg
./PlanetaryBaseInc/ModSupport/Parts/LifeSupport/Container_Snacks_big.cfg
./PlanetaryBaseInc/ModSupport/Parts/LifeSupport/Container_Snacks_small.cfg
./PlanetaryBaseInc/ModSupport/Parts/LifeSupport/Container_TACLS_big.cfg
./PlanetaryBaseInc/ModSupport/Parts/LifeSupport/Container_TACLS_small.cfg
./PlanetaryBaseInc/ModSupport/Parts/LifeSupport/Container_TACLS_Waste_big.cfg
./PlanetaryBaseInc/ModSupport/Parts/LifeSupport/Container_TACLS_Waste_small.cfg
./PlanetaryBaseInc/ModSupport/Parts/LifeSupport/Container_USILS_AirScrubber.cfg
./PlanetaryBaseInc/ModSupport/Parts/LifeSupport/Container_USILS_big.cfg
./PlanetaryBaseInc/ModSupport/Parts/LifeSupport/Container_USILS_Recycler.cfg
./PlanetaryBaseInc/ModSupport/Parts/LifeSupport/Container_USILS_small.cfg
./PlanetaryBaseInc/ModSupport/Parts/LifeSupport/Container_WasteWater_big.cfg
./PlanetaryBaseInc/ModSupport/Parts/LifeSupport/Container_WasteWater_Small.cfg
./PlanetaryBaseInc/ModSupport/Parts/LifeSupport/Container_Waste_big.cfg
./PlanetaryBaseInc/ModSupport/Parts/LifeSupport/Container_Waste_small.cfg
./PlanetaryBaseInc/ModSupport/Parts/LifeSupport/Container_WaterPurifier.cfg
./PlanetaryBaseInc/ModSupport/Parts/LifeSupport/Container_Water_big.cfg
./PlanetaryBaseInc/ModSupport/Parts/LifeSupport/Container_Water_Small.cfg
./PlanetaryBaseInc/ModSupport/Parts/LifeSupport/Drill_Water_g.cfg
./PlanetaryBaseInc/ModSupport/Parts/LifeSupport/OrbitalScanner.cfg
./PlanetaryBaseInc/ModSupport/Parts/LifeSupport/SurfaceScanner.cfg
./PlanetaryBaseInc/ModSupport/Parts/OSE Workshop/Drill_Dirt.cfg
./PlanetaryBaseInc/ModSupport/Parts/OSE Workshop/MaterialKits.cfg
./PlanetaryBaseInc/ModSupport/Parts/OSE Workshop/OSE_Converter.cfg
./PlanetaryBaseInc/ModSupport/Parts/OSE Workshop/OSE_Resources.cfg

Edited by Tonka Crash

12 hours ago, nathan88fox said:

Im having a lot of trouble installing. I tried installing from twitch and I've been lead here. I don't know what I'm supposed to transfer with gamedata. I would appreciate if someone could help.

@nathan88fox Sorry, I don't know how to install anything from Twitch.  But I can give you some starting pointers for installing mods yourself. 

Generally, you download a zip or other sort of archive file.  Usually from Curse, Spacedock or Github.  Once you have the mod downloaded:

• Open the downloaded file with the appropriate software. 
  • Drill down until you find a "GameData" directory inside the archive file.
  • Merge that directory with your KSP Game directory file.

If that's too much like a word salad for you, I second the idea you look up CKAN and how to use it, until you're more familiar with KSP's directory structure.

Pro tips if you decide to give manual installation a try:

(Please read through ALL of the below before attempting any work.  Below,  when it says ".\GameData", that refers to wherever your KSP game is installed.  For this discussion, I'm going to use the Real Chute mod as my example.  Also, "Directory" is also known as "Folder" in the Windows world.)

Look inside the "GameData" directory inside the downloaded archive file.  You'll find at least a directory.  That's the mod directory. 

If you are updating a mod, you'll avoid many problems by removing the existing mod before installing the update:

• Remove any existing mod SUBDIRECTORIES that are already in the .\Gamedata.  (DO NOT remove the GameData directory!).  in this example, it's in a directory named "RealChute" that's inside of "GameData".  I.E. .\GameData\Realchute.  So you'd delete the existing "RealChute" directory before merging the two GameData directories. 
  • If you ended up with a directory called "GameData" inside your .\GameData, you've messed up.  Start over from the backup you made.  (You did make a backup of the game directory first,  right?)
  • Some mods keep your settings in a file contained in a "PluginData" directory inside of "Plugins", inside the directory that's inside the Mod directory.  For example:

.\GameData\MechJeb2\Plugins\PluginData\

If you delete the mod directory, in which case you'll lose your settings.  Copy that file(s)  containing your settings some place, safe.  After updating your mod, put the file(s) back in the same place.

If there are other things beside the main mod directory in your zip file's .\GameData, you probably need to copy them over also.  Here's some tips on those cases:

Updated Module Manager versions often are found bundled in with a mod.  If the MM in the mod is newer (has a larger number) than your existing MM, copy the new one over and either delete the older one, or rename it from "ModuleManager.8.8.0.dll" to "ModuleManager.8.8.0.NOTdll".  Either stops it from being used, and the second way lets you revert the MM update by just renaming the two files involved.

ReadMe files and licenses have to be distributed with Mods, but there's no real reason to keep them on your drive.

If there's other directories, they're probably required for your new mod to work.  Keep in mind you may already have them on your disk.  Check and update them if necessary.

How do you know?  Most all mods now have a "<modname>.version" file in their directory.  Open that up with an editor such as Notepad, and look for the section named VERSION.  Larger numbers mean newer versions.

This is by no means a complete primer, but it should enough to get you started.