[1.12.X] Kerbal Planetary Base Systems v1.6.15 [28. April 2022]

Nils277

On 21.5.2016 at 5:45 AM, Diddly Feelerino said:

About 400,000 units of o2 or so. Big tank.

It never produced any, that's the issue. The mini greenhouses all work fine by contrast.

I just had a look at one of my scripts from the computer theory lectures and saw, that the normal float values that the game uses only have a precision of around seven digits:

This means that the 400,000 Units of O2 plus the 0.00531 produced from the greenhouse for each update of the game results in 400,000.00531. The problem now is, that the digits marked in red are not inside of the precision that is used and therefore are actually never added to the resources. I think the converters that TAC uses stores the produced resources temporarily until they are big enough to have an influence on the resources. To counteract this, i will revert all converters for TAC to the ones that TAC provides. Only the greenhouse would still use my converters (the feature with the needed kerbal inside would miss otherwise), so i would not count on the greenhouse to produce enough oxygen. I will have to implement a similar behaviour to the ones from TAG in the future to prune this bug.

Weird is, that the small ones do produce oxygen, they produce even less and it therefore should not have an influence on the resources. 

Edited by Nils277

I'm having issues with the flexible corridor.  I built two test rovers similar to what I want to actually use on Minmus.  One was a couple of base sections, power and wheels with a corridor on the back.  The other was the short 3.75 fuel tank with a hitch hiker container on top and a corridor on the side of the hitch hiker container.  Connecting the units seemed to use the same mechanics as KAS.  

I put an engineer (not sure if it matters in sandbox) next to the corridor on the hitch hiker pod and selected link (I think) and walked him over to the other port.  The corridor tail turned red briefly when I went to the ground, but as I moved toward the rover the tail stopped clipping the fuel tank and turned green.  It was green when I got to the rover's port.  I right clicked and selected link and was told that it was too far/bad angle.  What are the limits and requirements to mate flexible corridors?

@SteveD80 The maximal lenght for the corridor is 20 meter. The maximal angle between the two corridor end pieces should not be greater than 90 degree. I will make it 95 degree in the next update so one can be sure that they can always be attached when added to orthogonal end pieces

Love this mod, currently using it for all my major bases. 

An special thank for the new hub module. 
One question about it, it looks like it have some science lab functionality as in transmit science. Wonder that is about this?

More serious the ISRU unit don't fulfill the ISRU orbital station contract requirements.

DwH3Gqwl.png
Minmus base with farm, science and hub.

aBEpnTzl.png
New star formed base extra fuel tank for refueling other stuff, has the bonus that it can land on Val and other medium bodies, 
Downside is that it can not be aerobraked then assembled. 
This failed the obital station ISRU requirements. 

One other nice touch, Tourists can be used to man the greenhouse freeing up valuable astronauts and make them less oxygen thieves. 
Extra fun if you shanghai them, like you wanted and short trip to go to Mun and end up an field hand on Eeloo.

I haven't tested it, but this should make the KPBS converters count as ISRU for the contract system:

@Contracts
{
  @Base
  {
    @PART_REQUEST[#Part[ISRU]]
    {
      Part = KKAOSS_ISRU_g
    }
    @CREW_REQUEST[#Part[ISRU]]
    {
      Part = KKAOSS_ISRU_g
    }
  }
  @Station
  {
    {
      Part = KKAOSS_ISRU_g
    }
    {
      Part = KKAOSS_ISRU_g
    }
  }
}

16 hours ago, magnemoe said:

One other nice touch, Tourists can be used to man the greenhouse freeing up valuable astronauts and make them less oxygen thieves. 
Extra fun if you shanghai them, like you wanted and short trip to go to Mun and end up an field hand on Eeloo.

That is a little bit mean :D But well, they have to work for their trip!

41 minutes ago, ShotgunNinja said:

I haven't tested it, but this should make the KPBS converters count as ISRU for the contract system:

@Contracts
{
  @Base
  {
    {
      Part = KKAOSS_ISRU_g
    }
    {
      Part = KKAOSS_ISRU_g
    }
  }
  @Station
  {
    {
      Part = KKAOSS_ISRU_g
    }
    {
      Part = KKAOSS_ISRU_g
    }
  }
}

Cool, thanks! Will test and add it to the next update. I must have somehow forgot to add them for the contracts :wink:

13 minutes ago, Nils277 said:

That is a little bit mean :D But well, they have to work for their trip!

Cool, thanks! Will test and add it to the next update. I must have somehow forgot to add them for the contracts :wink:

Nice and yes using tourists has the downside that you can not cash in the reward so its mostly practical for tourists going on interplanetary trips. 

17 hours ago, MemeBeam said:

Love this mod a must have in my opinion one idea I have is to add a special science experiment for the science lab when landed or that has to do with the green house like plant grow analysis 

I'll add it to the list of potential new features :wink:

1 hour ago, CoriW said:

@Nils277 Just a heads up that the link to TAC LS has been changed once again, the current link you have in the OP goes to the development thread. Here's the link to the release thread.

Thanks! I updated the link in the OP.

This mod is awesome! However, I have a bit of a bone to pick with the feature of the manned parts not being able to deploy (and fill with crew) within the VAB/SPH. 

Personally I just want to be able to make readily deployed-and-inhabited "apartment complexes" BUT this would also be good for making sure your modules don't collide with any equipment when they are deployed before launching them.

39 minutes ago, b0ss said:

This mod is awesome! However, I have a bit of a bone to pick with the feature of the manned parts not being able to deploy (and fill with crew) within the VAB/SPH. 

Personally I just want to be able to make readily deployed-and-inhabited "apartment complexes" BUT this would also be good for making sure your modules don't collide with any equipment when they are deployed before launching them.

As @Red Iron Crown said, they can be deployed in the VAB. You can crew them too. Even when the part is still retracted. When you put crew inside the part in the VAB/SPH then it will deploy once started.

And welcome to the forums! :) 

Edit: Forgot one thing: A small teaser of the Container for the Surface Experiment Pack coming in the next update.

F2C9j0P.png

Edited by Nils277

On 5/26/2016 at 10:37 AM, MemeBeam said:

Love this mod a must have in my opinion one idea I have is to add a special science experiment for the science lab when landed or that has to do with the green house like plant grow analysis 

Doesn't this already exist?  I thought I saw "Plant Growth Study" as a right-click option for the greenhouses.

10 minutes ago, tsaven said:

Doesn't this already exist?  I thought I saw "Plant Growth Study" as a right-click option for the greenhouses.

I think he/she meant something similiar to the one from the greenhouse but for the laboratory.

For anyone who's using my UKS configs - I've updated them on Github.  Changes:

• Add EL survey to cupola.

• Added logistics to all tanks.

• Added logistics consumer to all base parts.

• Added power distributor to central hub and command module.

• Re-balanced tanks logistics ranges.

The last one is worth a note: I decided the tanks were to small to qualify for the 'large warehouse' standard for Planetary Logistics.  The small ones now share to the immediate area (150 meters, unless there's a distributor/rover nearby) and the larger ones share to the local base site - up to 2km, but not to Planetary Storage.  If you need Planetary Storage, something bigger is needed, like a large Kontainer.  If there was a way to say 'everything in this storage rack gets Planetary Storage' I'd add that to the large racks, but I don't believe that's possible.

Doing a quick look I think I have a couple of tanks (RCS, Xenon) in the wrong categories - but it's a minor issue, and they don't actually have large tank versions so it may be reasonable to have them having the longer range anyway.

Feel free to drop me any questions/comments/concerns.  (And, as before, Nils is free to use this without attribution if he feels like it.)  This should be a fairly complete set, as far as I'm concerned.  I'm not sure if there is something specific needed to get Kolonization bonuses - if I figure that out and there is, I'll add it.

2 hours ago, Bloody_looser said:

@Nils277, do you still have plans for adding parts for OSE Workshop?

Also, what's the reasoning behind having different drills for ore and water?

No idea if Nils has plans - but there should be some (configs *just* fixed...) in my configs just above.

As for different drills for ore and water - they're different things.  Why should a drill that handles one be the right drill that handles the other?  I'm sure they need a different drill-head and internal pumping apparatus at least.  (Also - if you look in the configs - the water drill only loads if you have a mod that'll require water.)

17 hours ago, DStaal said:

For anyone who's using my UKS configs - I've updated them on Github.  Changes:

• Add EL survey to cupola.

• Added logistics to all tanks.

• Added logistics consumer to all base parts.

• Added power distributor to central hub and command module.

• Re-balanced tanks logistics ranges.

The last one is worth a note: I decided the tanks were to small to qualify for the 'large warehouse' standard for Planetary Logistics.  The small ones now share to the immediate area (150 meters, unless there's a distributor/rover nearby) and the larger ones share to the local base site - up to 2km, but not to Planetary Storage.  If you need Planetary Storage, something bigger is needed, like a large Kontainer.  If there was a way to say 'everything in this storage rack gets Planetary Storage' I'd add that to the large racks, but I don't believe that's possible.

Doing a quick look I think I have a couple of tanks (RCS, Xenon) in the wrong categories - but it's a minor issue, and they don't actually have large tank versions so it may be reasonable to have them having the longer range anyway.

Feel free to drop me any questions/comments/concerns.  (And, as before, Nils is free to use this without attribution if he feels like it.)  This should be a fairly complete set, as far as I'm concerned.  I'm not sure if there is something specific needed to get Kolonization bonuses - if I figure that out and there is, I'll add it.

@DStaal will these MM configs work with MKS Lite too?

4 hours ago, ultraviolet150 said:

@DStaal will these MM configs work with MKS Lite too?

Looking at the download package for MKS Lite, I believe they should, however I haven't done any testing with MKS Lite so I can't say for sure.  (It uses the same code base, and I key the MM files on the tools dll, not the pack, so there shouldn't be issues.)

Just now, DStaal said:

Looking at the download package for MKS Lite, I believe they should, however I haven't done any testing with MKS Lite so I can't say for sure.  (It uses the same code base, and I key the MM files on the tools dll, not the pack, so there shouldn't be issues.)

Thanks will test it out! <3