[1.12.X] Kerbal Planetary Base Systems v1.6.15 [28. April 2022]

Nils277

1 hour ago, Nils277 said:

It is good, that it is solved. Wouldn't have figured this out this soon too! :wink: 

Yeah, it was confusing, especially since I was coming at it from the wrong direction for 95% of the time. Now that I know how it works, I'll try to keep an eye out to make sure there aren't any subtle failure states.

Also, a question. Why is the mass of the K&K Science Container 0.24 t, when the regular Science Jr. is 0.2 t? Since most of the other modular storage boxes are 0.2 t, having just this one part be 20% heavier gives me fits when trying to balance the COM of my bases.

Finally, I noticed someone brought this up back in May, but the base ISRU still doesn't generate any heat. In its part config file, it's missing the ModuleCoreHeat that the stock ISRU has, and the resource-converter modules are all missing the relevant heat-efficiency information. I would submit a PR to fix this, but I don't know how it should be set. Maybe scale down the coolant requirements by 20%, since the other inputs/outputs are all scaled down by 20%?

The K&K SEP Central Station is missing the important module to allow it to do its purpose:

MODULE
	{
		name = ModuleSEPCentralStation
	}

So experiments plugged to it can't be run except the self-test.

15 hours ago, Mokmo said:

The K&K SEP Central Station is missing the important module to allow it to do its purpose:

MODULE
	{
		name = ModuleSEPCentralStation
	}

So experiments plugged to it can't be run except the self-test.

I know :wink: It will be added in the next release.

Are there known issues with the UKS Wear mechanic for the KPBS parts?  I'm trying to trace down a weird problem and I can't figure out if it's UKS, EL, or KPBS.

Any ship I build with UKS's EL parts have all of the KPBS parts seemingly perpetually stuck in the "Broken!" state.  No amount of "Performing Maintenance" or workshops will fix them.  Strangely they seem to function fine as converters, but I don't think their Hab values count if they're broken.  So my Hab times are WAY shorter than they should be.

9cBzysD.png

Has anyone else seen this before?

2 hours ago, tsaven said:

Are there known issues with the UKS Wear mechanic for the KPBS parts?  I'm trying to trace down a weird problem and I can't figure out if it's UKS, EL, or KPBS.

Any ship I build with UKS's EL parts have all of the KPBS parts seemingly perpetually stuck in the "Broken!" state.  No amount of "Performing Maintenance" or workshops will fix them.  Strangely they seem to function fine as converters, but I don't think their Hab values count if they're broken.  So my Hab times are WAY shorter than they should be.

[SNIP]

Has anyone else seen this before?

Hmm no, i have not seen this before. Weird...
A nice ship design btw. :wink: 

Some bad news about the next update:
I created the models for OSE and EPL on may way to work and back (in the train) and therefore had them all on a flash drive because i didn't want to copy them back and forth every time a was on another computer. (And foolishly didn't think about backup copies every now and then...)
Unfortunately i lost that d*** thing and i have to start from scratch with the models. :(
I will try to push an update with the other enhancements and bug-fixes to bring KPBS to 1.1.3 and apply the changes for USI-LS compatibility.

When i have news about the patches for OSE and EPL, i will let you know.

Edited by Nils277

7 hours ago, Nils277 said:

Some bad news about the next update:
I created the models for OSE and EPL on may way to work and back (in the train) and therefore had them all on a flash drive because i didn't want to copy them back and forth every time a was on another computer. (And foolishly didn't think about backup copies every now and then...)
Unfortunately i lost that d*** thing and i have to start from scratch with the models. :(
I will try to push an update with the other enhancements and bug-fixes to bring KPBS to 1.1.3 and apply the changes for USI-LS compatibility.

When i have news about the patches for OSE and EPL, i will let you know.

That's one of the reasons we have Dropbox. Synchronized between machines. :wink: 

8 hours ago, Nils277 said:

It was in no way me trying to make a functional replica of the Hermes. :wink:

What would be required to disable or remove the Wear mechanic from KPBS parts?

1 hour ago, tsaven said:

Here probably isn't the place to ask that question...  :wink:

However, IIR (and understand) the configs correctly, if you add the 'ModuleLifeSupport' module on it's own (with nothing else) that should short-circuit adding the wear mechanic.  (Because the wear mechanic and life support mechanic are added at the same time, and only keyed on ModuleLifeSupport.)

unsure if its known yet or intentionally a bug or on purpose, but the flexible corridors seem somehow breaking nodes at the attached part .. unsure how to say .. they're intended to connect/link vessels or connect parts of the same vessel (or i misunderstood this concept :P)

heres a screen of what i meanflexiCorri31f4.png

btw: KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK! :D

EDIT:

its not always unlinking nodes .. just some certain? .. as i said idk if its occasionally or intended to hold on some parts and/or break other ones, i just hope it gets fixed .. i'd love a space station with these flexi tubes!

EDIT 2:

fatal unlinking >.<

flexiCorri0222.png

Edited by LatiMacciato
cant type >.<

23 hours ago, Starwaster said:

That's one of the reasons we have Dropbox. Synchronized between machines. :wink: 

Yeah, should have done that retrospective :wink:

22 hours ago, tsaven said:

Hmm, aside from what @DStaal said, i have no idea, sorry :( 

@LatiMacciato Thanks for the report. I have found the error and fixed it!

It is time for the update for KSP 1.1.3:

Changelog:

Update to 1.1.3:

• Recompiled plugin dll

Enhancements:

• The Cupola, Central Hub and the ScienceLab now also satisfy station contracts (only applies to new contracts)
  • Improved plugin performance (removed all 'foreach'loops)
  • Increased steering performance of the wheels

Mod Support:

Bug Fixes:

• The IVA of the cupola now works correctly when RPM is installed
  • The container for the Surface Experiment Pack now works as a central station
  • The Science-Lab in the Central Station now works properly
  • The Craft now does not accidentally disassemble when the flexible KAS tube is linked

Download:

MRispXN.pngcNJI52O.png rMKWvsX.png

As you may already know, i lost the models for the support for OSE Workshop and EPL. The promised support for both mods has to be delayed until i created new ones. 

Edited by Nils277

Just Started KSP a week ago and I gotta say This whole base building thing is brilliant!  Kudos on the whole thing. Now I built a base and had a sad face when I couldn't try out my shiny new Planetary ISRU :P. Updating now to try out my base in the new build!

Thanks for all your hard work!

Edited by Kiwsa
bad grammar!

2 hours ago, Nils277 said:

Hmm, aside from what @DStaal said, i have no idea, sorry :( 

Actually I've figured out (sort of) what the problem was.  UKS uses a hidden resourced of "ReplacementParts" as part of the wear mechanic, but because there's no way to ship that resource (They're supposed to be made from MaterialKits), my builder station doesn't have any to put into new builds.  HyperEdit has sort-of solved it for now, but I'm documenting it for RoverDude.

1 hour ago, tsaven said:

Actually I've figured out (sort of) what the problem was.  UKS uses a hidden resourced of "ReplacementParts" as part of the wear mechanic, but because there's no way to ship that resource (They're supposed to be made from MaterialKits), my builder station doesn't have any to put into new builds.  HyperEdit has sort-of solved it for now, but I'm documenting it for RoverDude.

The correct course in that case is to just do a perform maintenance action via EVA.

Just dropped in to say thank you for this mod and all your hard work. Lots of mods have popped in and out of my ksp installs, but this one has always been there since I've discovered it. The parts are great and stock alike, and look really really sharp. It's also much easier to make a vtol landed base with these parts without installing thrust balancing mods or doing as much fiddling as is required with some other parts. You've done a great job and should feel great. Also the new garage is sweet. I have 3 on the way to Duna now to take advantage of the UKS logistics system.

One question as well for those of us that use UKS. Do any of your parts have a UKS workspace productivity modifier? I think I've checked most of them and either didn't see anything or wasn't smart enough to be looking in the right place. I haven't checked the new hub though. It'd be nice to have a part with one if this hasn't been implemented already. Maybe a reconfig of the 2 person command module with a slight texture tweak to differentiate the two (though I would be happy of it was a direct clone the parts look so good.)?

Thanks again for the great mod!

1 hour ago, incrediblekarma said:

Just dropped in to say thank you for this mod and all your hard work. Lots of mods have popped in and out of my ksp installs, but this one has always been there since I've discovered it. The parts are great and stock alike, and look really really sharp. It's also much easier to make a vtol landed base with these parts without installing thrust balancing mods or doing as much fiddling as is required with some other parts. You've done a great job and should feel great. Also the new garage is sweet. I have 3 on the way to Duna now to take advantage of the UKS logistics system.

One question as well for those of us that use UKS. Do any of your parts have a UKS workspace productivity modifier? I think I've checked most of them and either didn't see anything or wasn't smart enough to be looking in the right place. I haven't checked the new hub though. It'd be nice to have a part with one if this hasn't been implemented already. Maybe a reconfig of the 2 person command module with a slight texture tweak to differentiate the two (though I would be happy of it was a direct clone the parts look so good.)?

Thanks again for the great mod!

Not yet.  Several of us are working on an add-on mod that would add that.  (My patch set doesn't have the workspace yet either, though I've been meaning to add it.)

I hope I'm posting this in the right area.  If not let me know.

I found an issue with the Planetary Central Hub and the action menu.

KSP: 1.1.3.1289 (64bit)

Problem: Right-click menu stops working after attempting to right-click Planetary Central Hub

Mods installed:

(Clean Install)

KPBS 1.1.2

Module Manager 2.6.25

Reproduction steps:

1. Start a new sandbox game.
  2. Go into the VAB.
  3. Start with a Planetary Central Hub
  4. Attach anything to it (I attached a fuel tank)
  5. Right click on the fuel tank (Action menu pops up)
  6. Right-click on the PCH (Nothing happens)
  7. Attempt to right-click on the fuel tank again (Nothing happens)

Log:

Output Log