[1.12.X] Kerbal Planetary Base Systems v1.6.15 [28. April 2022]

Nils277

1 hour ago, Chronos Phantom said:

there are a few parts missing, like ones for storing the double wide batteries and other items that were added in by this mod as well as a few others like the central hub

I'm running the latest release and still got these parts and it would make any sense to remove something so important like the central hub. Maybe they are re-sorted and you just didn't find them? THe hub should be in the "Pod" section. YOu can also use the advanced menu to show parts by cross section, most of these parts are sorted in a cross section marked with a "?" symbol.

On 5/14/2018 at 6:03 PM, TheNosferatu said:

I'm pretty sure I do, Extraplanetary Launchpads V6.0.0 and Kerbal Planeatary Base Systems 1.6.4

Will have to take a look, if i can reproduce this problem. Can you upload and post a link the the KSP.log (it is in the same folder as the KSP executable) file? Maybe there are some errors logged.

8 hours ago, Chronos Phantom said:

really nice mod, but there's something that's been bugging me, in the update that makes it compatible with 1.4.9, there are a few parts missing, like ones for storing the double wide batteries and other items that were added in by this mod as well as a few others like the central hub, don't remember what its called, its the dome looking bit that the refinery bit is connected to on the example picture you have of your Duna base

I did not change anything regarding the parts you mentioned for a very long time and they should still be available. Are you playing in career and they are not unlocked yet maybe? Maybe after installing/uninstalling a mod that changes the Tech Tree?
Can you upload and post a link the the KSP.log (it is in the same folder as the KSP executable) file? Maybe there is another error that causes the problems.

On 5/22/2018 at 7:11 AM, Nils277 said:

I did not change anything regarding the parts you mentioned for a very long time and they should still be available. Are you playing in career and they are not unlocked yet maybe? Maybe after installing/uninstalling a mod that changes the Tech Tree?
Can you upload and post a link the the KSP.log (it is in the same folder as the KSP executable) file? Maybe there is another error that causes the problems.

nevermind, I double checked in there and the parts I had mentioned before are there when I loaded my sandbox save, the one where everything's already unlocked. I feel a little foolish, please forgive me >.<

although, I have noticed that it isn't showing up in the science mode save though and the whole tech tree has been unlocked so not sure what's going on there.

and there's the contents of the log. many apologies, I just don't know how to set a link to it on here.

Edited by Chronos Phantom
removed spoiler

13 hours ago, 4x4cheesecake said:

I'm running the latest release and still got these parts and it would make any sense to remove something so important like the central hub. Maybe they are re-sorted and you just didn't find them? THe hub should be in the "Pod" section. YOu can also use the advanced menu to show parts by cross section, most of these parts are sorted in a cross section marked with a "?" symbol.

When I looked on the sandbox save I have, all the bits that I had mentioned were there, but for whatever reason, they aren't in the tech tree on either science mode or career mode and so the hub doesn't show  on any of the sections when on the science mode save.

14 minutes ago, Chronos Phantom said:

When I looked on the sandbox save I have, all the bits that I had mentioned were there, but for whatever reason, they aren't in the tech tree on either science mode or career mode and so the hub doesn't show  on any of the sections when on the science mode save.

Well, thats pretty strange. The TechTree inforemations are saved in the MM parts config files together with all the other parts informations. So having the parts in sandbox but not in career/science mode should not be possible. Do you have TechTree altering mods installed? Already tried to reinstall the mod?

nope, no tech tree altering mods installed and I have no idea why its happening as, after uninstalling and then reinstalling the mod, the bits are still not available in either science mode or career mode. that and the bits from the mod for storing the modular storage items, the x2, inline and end are there, but not showing up in the tech tree for some strange reason and the same thing is happening to some of the umbra space industries, usi, parts where they are there in the sandbox save, but they don't show up in either science mode or career mode.

although I do have the community category kit mod, not sure if that would have anything to do with it though as well as community resource pack

[below is added]

ok, had manually deleted the mod folders in the ckan folder as well as on the gamedata folder and uninstalled all the mods, only reinstalling kerbal planetary base systems mod and when I looked in the science mode save, everything was in the tech tree, so not sure what happened. below is a list of mods I had installed as I think it might've been one of them, but not sure which though

Spoiler

[x] Science!
AT Utils
Aviation Lights
B9 Aerospace procedural wings - fork
b9 part switch
click through blocker
community category kit
community resource pack
configurable containers
configurable containers core
connected living space
contract parser
contract window +
dark side technology continued
dmagic orbital science
easy vessel switch
eskandare heavy industries
experiment tracker
feline utility rovers
firespitter
firespitter core
firespitter resources config
ground construction
ground construction core
gtindustries
hangar
indicator lights
karbonite
kerbal attachment system
kerbal dust experiment
kerbal inventory system
kerbal planetary base systems
kerbalx mod
kerbinrover off-road vehicles
konstruction
less grindy science
mechjeb 2
mechjev and engineer for all!
msp-3000 material science pod
near future construction
near future iva props
near future solar
near future solar core
near future spacecraft
planetshine
planetshine - default configuration
progress parser
scansat
station science continued
stockalike mining extension
structural disks
sum dum heavy industries - shared assets
surface mounted lights
throttle controlled avionics
toolbar controller
universal storage
usi asteroid recycling technologies
usi core
usi exploration pack
usi freight transport technologies
usi kolonization systems (mks/oks)
usi life support
usi tools

Edited by Chronos Phantom
removed mods and reinstalled kpbs mod to find that it showed up in tech tree

@Chronos Phantom There are no errors related to KPBS or the absence of the parts in Career or Science mode.

Did you install this mod when the TechTree was already (partially) unlocked? In this case the parts that are added to nodes in the TechTree which were already unlocked before KPBS was installed have to be unlocked manually with Funds in the R&D building for each node. This is unfortunately a stock behaviour i cannot change. 

Edit: Can you please remove the posted LOG from the post? It causes most smartphone- (and also normal) browsers to hang and cause problems.

Edited by Nils277

3 hours ago, Nils277 said:

@Chronos Phantom There are no errors related to KPBS or the absence of the parts in Career or Science mode.

Did you install this mod when the TechTree was already (partially) unlocked? In this case the parts that are added to nodes in the TechTree which were already unlocked before KPBS was installed have to be unlocked manually with Funds in the R&D building for each node. This is unfortunately a stock behaviour i cannot change. 

Edit: Can you please remove the posted LOG from the post? It causes most smartphone- (and also normal) browsers to hang and cause problems.

don't think the tech tree being unlocked in the science mode did it, but now that I think about it, it might've been from when I attempted to play on ksp 1.3.1 along with mods compatible with that version before deciding to go back to current version, because kerbals don't have parachutes in 1.3.1 and probably from me selecting update on ckan instead of just uninstalling and reinstalling the mods.

as for your request, the posted log has been removed and again, I apologize immensely for that

Hello Nils277. I freaking love your mod. I'm using the algae farm right now and I'm trying to modify the config files so that it runs on nitrogen and ammonia instead of ore, however when I edit modsupport>parts>lifesupport>Container_Algae.cfg to replace the ore input with nitrogen and ammonia I can see in the parts list in the SPH that the inputs have changed but I still can't get the container to run without ore when I actually load the vessel to the game environment. Can you tell me what I'm missing? Many thanks. 

J

Spoiler

//Changes to Planetary Base System
//Remove parts not neaded
!PART[KKAOSS_PartRecycler] {}:NEEDS[Launchpad]:FINAL

!PART[KKAOSS_MetalOreDrill] {}:NEEDS[Launchpad]:FINAL

!PART[KKAOSS_Storage_MetalOre] {}:NEEDS[Launchpad]:FINAL

!PART[KKAOSS_ScrapMetal] {}:NEEDS[Launchpad]:FINAL

//Changes converter and recipe and removes resources not used
@PART[KKAOSS_Smelter]:NEEDS[Launchpad]:FINAL
{
    !MODULE[ELConverter],0 {}

!MODULE[ELConverter],1 {}

MODULE
    {
        name = ELConverter
        ConverterName = Smelter
        EVARange = 3
        StartActionName = Start Metal Conversion
        StopActionName = Stop Metal Conversion
        ConverterRecipe = BatterySmelter
        Rate = 1.5
        efficiency = 273.15, 0
        efficiency = 1873, 1
    }

!RESOURCE[MetalOre] {}:FINAL

!RESOURCE[ScrapMetal] {}:FINAL
}

//Modifies build efficiency of workshop
@PART[KKAOSS_Workshop]:NEEDS[Launchpad]:FINAL
{
    !MODULE[ELWorkshop] {}

MODULE
    {
        name = ELWorkshop
        ProductivityFactor = 9
        IgnoreCrewCapacity = false
    }

MODULE
    {
        name = ModuleExperienceManagement
        costPerKerbal = 0
    }
}

Hello, I am enjoying this mod. I had some issues before (with my own MM cfg) but resolved them because it was a simple space error causing MM load hang ups. Here is the final product for my personalized experience with this mod relating to Extraplanetary Launchpads, as you can see I still have not become acquainted enough with editing modules so I tend to delete them and re add them. If you have advice that is much appreciated.

Edited by JonBar
duh

@Nils277 Just a heads up letting you know there have been a lot of changes to Kerbalism 1.6.0 regarding harvesters, chemical processes, life support, and support for USI FTT, Kontainers and their reactors etc. You may need to make changes to KPBS in regards to Kerbalism support ;)

Edited by PiezPiedPy

4 hours ago, Nils277 said:

@PiezPiedPy Thanks for the info there already was a pull request with change on github. Will do an update in a few days.

@Nils277 Those PR's from madman2003 only contain fixes for some of the changes. I will make a PR in the future unless you add the changes yourself as it may be a few weeks until I get the time.

21 hours ago, PiezPiedPy said:

@Nils277 Those PR's from madman2003 only contain fixes for some of the changes. I will make a PR in the future unless you add the changes yourself as it may be a few weeks until I get the time.

Hmm, can you point to what additional changes were made? I'm quite short on time and don't use Kerbalism so some changes might slip through. Findig the additional changes might also take some time for me too.

I have a similar issue to TheNosferatu except when I use the K&K launchpad I get a warning it may explode and then it spawns under the surface.

Edited by JonBar

@Nils277 Here is a list of changes:

• Nitrogen extraction via Drills, see Profiles/Default.cfg
  • Water, Nitrogen and Ammonia extraction from oceans via new pump parts, see Profiles/Default.cfg , Parts/MiniPump and Parts/RadialPump .cfg files
  • Ammonia extraction from atmospheres via Atmospheric Filter, see Profiles/Default.cfg
  • Humidity Controller process, see Profiles/Default.cfg
  • An External ECLSS part for LifeSupport processes, see Profiles/Default.cfg and Parts/LifeSupport .cfg files
  • USI FTT, Kontainers and ReactorPack support, uses new processes for the reactors and changes resources from USI's to Kerbalism's resources, see Support/USI .cfg files

madman2003 has already made PR's for the Greenhouse and Water drill changes.

Also profile importing is now available if you need to import processes, rules, supplies etc (this is how the USI support is achieved in the Support/USI .cfg files). See Issue #2 on GitHub for more information https://github.com/steamp0rt/Kerbalism/issues/2

23 hours ago, JonBar said:

I have a similar issue to TheNosferatu except when I use the K&K launchpad I get a warning it may explode and then it spawns under the surface.

Will be fixed in the next update.

Update to 1.6.4

Changelog:

General:

• Recompile for KSP 1.4.3
  • Updated KSPModFileLocalizer to version 0.2.3.2  

Mod Support:

• Updated support for Kerbalism (thanks to madman2003)

Bug Fixes:

• Fixed Launchpad not funtioning as launchpad for EPL

Download:

oYvtZpW.pngUVVt0OP.pnglMOxt2k.png

I am not sure what is going on but the reactor seems to not use any uranium or produce depleted fuel, otherwise it works. This is after I updated to the latest release.

I reinstalled version 1.6.3 and it is working as normal.

Edited by JonBar
test