[1.12.X] Kerbal Planetary Base Systems v1.6.15 [28. April 2022]

Nils277

25 minutes ago, dlrk said:

Is this a good companion to UKS? Does the patch on the OP from february still work?

Yes and yes.  :wink:  I also have a couple of patches here which will bring in some minimal support for UKS wear as well as EL.  (Which I should tweak some more...)  Attachment heights don't quite line up with the UKS standard, but things work fairly nicely together.

2 hours ago, Nils277 said:

Weird. Can you say, what versions of TAC and KPBS you used with the vessel that lasted more than 6/7 years? And what versions of these mods you used before you recoginized this behaviour?
I rebalanced the resource rates of some of the converters with the version 1.0 of this mod. Not in such a great scale, but it might be enough to cause this difference.
The only difference i can think of currently is that i use a slightly modified version of the stock converters instead of the ones provided by TAC LS. I think that the TAC-LS converters handle floating point precision a bit better which might influence the results.

Can you tell me how much O2, Food and Kerbals you have on your vessels? 

It's odd as I haven't upgraded from the last install before this problem occurred. It doesn't happen when you focus on one craft (but it affects the other two travelling alongside if you aren't focusing on them when you warp).

1 hour ago, dlrk said:

Is this a good companion to UKS? Does the patch on the OP from february still work?

I would say it still works, but might be a bit outdated. I'm currently working on 'official' support for UKS thought. Current schedule is to have it ready not later than the end of june. Hopefully earlier. 

3 hours ago, Nils277 said:

I would say it still works, but might be a bit outdated. I'm currently working on 'official' support for UKS thought. Current schedule is to have it ready not later than the end of june. Hopefully earlier. 

Would you have a Paytron or Paypal link that people could, uh, encourage you at?

6 hours ago, DStaal said:

Yes and yes.  :wink:  I also have a couple of patches here which will bring in some minimal support for UKS wear as well as EL.  (Which I should tweak some more...)  Attachment heights don't quite line up with the UKS standard, but things work fairly nicely together.

Out of curiosity, in KPBS's stock form, what about UKS doesn't work?

UKS has mechanics for wear/repair and for disconnected resource distribution that require part support.  My patches have some of that supported.  (I should go through and do a more through job, but it has minimal support for resource distribution and repair.)  The patches in the first post have some as well.  (A couple of other parts have power distribution enabled - which I didn't do at all - and replacement parts are put in for most of the parts.)

Much of the time UKS and USI-LS get mixed together as well - that adds food supply, recyclers, and habitation time to the mix.  The patch in the first post has most of that enabled.

Of course, UKS also has a whole resource chain to work together with EL or OSE Workshops - KPBS doesn't do much to touch that, and doesn't intend to.

15 minutes ago, DStaal said:

UKS has mechanics for wear/repair and for disconnected resource distribution that require part support.  My patches have some of that supported.  (I should go through and do a more through job, but it has minimal support for resource distribution and repair.)  The patches in the first post have some as well.  (A couple of other parts have power distribution enabled - which I didn't do at all - and replacement parts are put in for most of the parts.)

Much of the time UKS and USI-LS get mixed together as well - that adds food supply, recyclers, and habitation time to the mix.  The patch in the first post has most of that enabled.

Of course, UKS also has a whole resource chain to work together with EL or OSE Workshops - KPBS doesn't do much to touch that, and doesn't intend to.

Thanks for the info, I was wondering why some of the wear stuff wasn't working properly.  I'd installed KPBS but not the patch.

Where do I put those config files of yours?

Anywhere in GameData.  :wink:  I have a folder for all of my patches, just to keep them organized.  (Which is actually on that link at Github...  I was transferring it around between computers and found it easier.)

I won't say I've enabled all of wear - I just put in some workshops so you can counter it.  I believe (but I have to check) that it's enabled by default under UKS without extra work - but that someone needs to have repair kits around, and that's something I need to put in yet.

2 minutes ago, DStaal said:

Anywhere in GameData.  :wink:  I have a folder for all of my patches, just to keep them organized.  (Which is actually on that link at Github...  I was transferring it around between computers and found it easier.)

I won't say I've enabled all of wear - I just put in some workshops so you can counter it.  I believe (but I have to check) that it's enabled by default under UKS without extra work - but that someone needs to have repair kits around, and that's something I need to put in yet.

Okay, I'll put them into the folder with the rest of that patch from February.  Thank you for all the work!  Really makes the game a lot more fun for plebs like me.  :)

9 minutes ago, DStaal said:

Words

Um, this is really shameful to have to ask, but . . . how do I actually download those files? :blush: Clicking on the file names just brings me to a big page of code, of which I understand none.

1 hour ago, tsaven said:

Um, this is really shameful to have to ask, but . . . how do I actually download those files? :blush: Clicking on the file names just brings me to a big page of code, of which I understand none.

After you click each file name, look for a button that says raw. Right click the raw button and then click save as.

Yeah, sorry it's not a real release -  it's still a bit of a work in progress, and it is just a couple of files.  (And the repository I have set up for KSP stuff has quite a bit of other stuff in it.)  Raw and then save as, or go up a level and download my entire patch set and throw away the rest.  :wink:

17 hours ago, Diddly Feelerino said:

It's odd as I haven't upgraded from the last install before this problem occurred. It doesn't happen when you focus on one craft (but it affects the other two travelling alongside if you aren't focusing on them when you warp).

Hmm, i will try this out in a long time test this weekend. Maybe i have to revert back to using the standard TAC converters. Although they won't have the feature to have a tweakable conversion speed. Is anyone actually using this feature?

12 hours ago, tsaven said:

Would you have a Paytron or Paypal link that people could, uh, encourage you at?

Nope, i do not have one. I don't think that money would be able to encourage me, my job pays well enough. I considered adding a donation option, but rather for UNICEF or the Wild Animal Sanctuary because the money would be way better off there. I may do so in the future, if this is allowed in this forum.
The one thing that would 'encourage' me to do more is time. So if you can make the day last 25 or 26 hours i would be happy to do more. :D

Edited by Nils277

1 hour ago, Nils277 said:

So if you can make the day last 25 or 26 hours i would be happy to do more.

All it takes is a few boosters attached to the surface and firing retrograde...

1 hour ago, Nils277 said:

Nope, i do not have one. I don't think that money would be able to encourage me, my job pays well enough. I considered adding a donation option, but rather for UNICEF or the Wild Animal Sanctuary because the money would be way better off there. I may do so in the future, if this is allowed in this forum.
The one thing that would 'encourage' me to do more is time. So if you can make the day last 25 or 26 hours i would be happy to do more. :D

Ha, fair enough.  We all really appreciate the amazing work you do, and are eagerly looking forward to your updates! :)

11 hours ago, Nils277 said:

Hmm, i will try this out in a long time test this weekend. Maybe i have to revert back to using the standard TAC converters. Although they won't have the feature to have a tweakable conversion speed. Is anyone actually using this feature?

I haven't used the conversion tweaker at all, but that's just me =P

PS - It now seems that the Greenhouse Module has issues too.

The Greenhouse Containers work, and work well. However the actual Planetary Greenhouse doesn't appear to be contributing oxygen, as my o2 levels are dropping even with co2 available. I checked the stats and apparently the greenhouse is supposed to take co2 and convert it to oxygen... it's not doing that it seems =/

Edited by Diddly Feelerino

4 hours ago, Diddly Feelerino said:

I haven't used the conversion tweaker at all, but that's just me =P

PS - It now seems that the Greenhouse Module has issues too.

The Greenhouse Containers work, and work well. However the actual Planetary Greenhouse doesn't appear to be contributing oxygen, as my o2 levels are dropping even with co2 available. I checked the stats and apparently the greenhouse is supposed to take co2 and convert it to oxygen... it's not doing that it seems =/

How much oxygen did you have in the craft when the greenhouse stoppen producing it? Might really be a problem with the floating point precision. 

Edited by Nils277

26 minutes ago, Nils277 said:

How much oxygen did you have in the craft when the greenhouse stoppen producing it? Might really be a problem with the floating point precision. 

About 400,000 units of o2 or so. Big tank.

It never produced any, that's the issue. The mini greenhouses all work fine by contrast.

13 hours ago, Diddly Feelerino said:

About 400,000 units of o2 or so. Big tank.

It never produced any, that's the issue. The mini greenhouses all work fine by contrast.

Hmm, have to take a look at the big one again. Seems really weird to me.

In the meantime a sneak peak at the overhauled garages:
The major rovers: Buffalo, Malemute and PackRat will fit in there. I tested it out of couriosity also with the E.R.S. (which is stuck in 1.0.5) and it would fit too if it gets updated to 1.1.2. The only major rover that does not fit is the Karibou. But this rover is definetely not meant to be parked in a garage :wink:

qfYE9Rd.png

Edited by Nils277

Awesome.  :wink:  And yeah, the Karibu isn't designed to operate out of a base - it's designed to be a mobile base.  But I look forward to this being on my next base.  All I have to do is decide which rover to put in it.  :wink:

22 hours ago, Nils277 said:

Hmm, have to take a look at the big one again. Seems really weird to me.

In the meantime a sneak peak at the overhauled garages:
The major rovers: Buffalo, Malemute and PackRat will fit in there. I tested it out of couriosity also with the E.R.S. (which is stuck in 1.0.5) and it would fit too if it gets updated to 1.1.2. The only major rover that does not fit is the Karibou. But this rover is definetely not meant to be parked in a garage :wink:

qfYE9Rd.png

Me Wanna!!!!!:D

4 hours ago, CorBlimey said:

small issue - the materials bay costs 23000!!! :)

oh, thats a zero too much i guess. Will be fixed in the next update.

2 hours ago, RoverDude said:

Oh I'd agree, the Karibou would not make sense for a garage due to it's size (nor will the larger construction rover on my to-do list)

This will be the fourth rover right? You really live up to your name :D

Edited by Nils277