[1.12.X] Kerbal Planetary Base Systems v1.6.15 [28. April 2022]

Nils277

27 minutes ago, Efour said:

Hello, Nils227.

Can I include and release MM config that adding my mod plugin into your base laboratory?

Hey, of course you can :)
Let me know if you need any help with that.

@Nils277, The scenario was two diffrent launches intercepted on the mun (landed)  connected and transfer fuel each, and it didn't work, if you still need my save file, sure i can give you but i have expanded my base since then

Edited by Nud

@Nud Also had two crafts quite similar to yours on the Mun but the error did not occur. The save file would be very helpful if the bug still persists on your expanded base. I doubt i would be able to find the error otherwise. 

Oh and one question i totally forgot about: What other mods do you have installed?

Edited by Nils277

I think there are enough changes for Version 1.3.0:
Bumped the version number a bit to avoid confusion with the current KSP version.

Changelog:

Changes:

• Removed setting for visibility of life support filter, it is now always visible when an LS mod is installed 

Mod Support:

• Updated converters for TAC-LS
  • Added compatibility with CCK (Community Category Kit)
  • Enhanced support for JSIAdvTransparendPods (a lot)
  • Added missing Keepfit configs to parts (thanks to @Kerbas_ad_astra)

Bug Fixes:

• Added tweakables for staging on the wheels and the docking ports
  • The Heatshild is much more durable now (it can withstand a reentry to kerbin)
  • Fixed support for Modular Fueltanks
  • Fixed tag field for the Water Purifier and the Carbon Extractor
  • Readded missing tags for the parts (most seem to have gone missing)           
  • Fixed config of the scanner
  • Fixed Entertainmend module for Kerbalism being added even when Kerbalism is not installed

Download:

MRispXN.pngcNJI52O.png rMKWvsX.png

This mod now ships the Community Category Kit from @RoverDude which is under the Creative Commons 4.0 Share-Alike Attribution Non-Commercial license

Edited by Nils277

38 minutes ago, storm_soldier2377 said:

This doesn't seem to work properly with TAC life support in 1.2. I don't see the life support parts in the VAB.

Which life support parts do you not see? The ones added by KPBS or the ones from TAC itself?
Do you also have copied the "CommunityCategoryKit" folder into the GameData folder? And also deleted the old version of KPBS before installing the new one? For me both, the TAC parts as well as the parts from KPBS are available.

Can you otherwise send me a log file? (See the OP on details about the log files)

PS: Did you get the update from CKAN? If yes, it might not be up-to-date at the moment, i just recently added the dependencies for Community Category Kit. May take a while until it is merged.

Edited by Nils277

7 minutes ago, storm_soldier2377 said:

Nevermind, turns out I didn't update module manager. Thanks for being there to help out though.

You're welcome :wink: Glad to hear it works!

Edited by Nils277

7 hours ago, Nils277 said:

I think there are enough changes for Version 1.3.0:
Bumped the version number a bit to avoid confusion with the current KSP version.

Changelog:

Download:

This mod now ships the Community Category Kit from @RoverDude which is under the Creative Commons 4.0 Share-Alike Attribution Non-Commercial license

Does this fix the greenhouse_g partload error that freezes the game up when loading with certain other mods installed? Or is there a patch for another mod that fixes the compatibility?

4 minutes ago, ThatHomelessGuy said:

Does this fix the greenhouse_g partload error that freezes the game up when loading with certain other mods installed? Or is there a patch for another mod that fixes the compatibility?

Try to update Pathfinder to the latest version. A fix for this issue was uploaded with version 1.2.4. around five days ago. :wink: 

8 minutes ago, Nils277 said:

Try to update Pathfinder to the latest version. A fix for this issue was uploaded with version 1.2.4. around five days ago. :wink: 

Sweet thanks I'll do that after this mission is done. I'll give you some more rep tomorrow I'm all out today.
Downloaded and ready to install. Homeless Kerb out!! :cool:

Nice and thank you :)
One issue is not the science lab in the central hub way to nerfed? its less than 0.1 science day with data and two level 2 scientists? Default lab would be more than 10 science day 
No issue with it being weaker like 75 or even 50% but less than 1% and its very pointless. 
I simply increased its weight by two ton and made it like normal labs except the weaker multipliers. 

12 minutes ago, magnemoe said:

Nice and thank you :)
One issue is not the science lab in the central hub way to nerfed? its less than 0.1 science day with data and two level 2 scientists? Default lab would be more than 10 science day 
No issue with it being weaker like 75 or even 50% but less than 1% and its very pointless. 
I simply increased its weight by two ton and made it like normal labs except the weaker multipliers. 

You might be right that the lab is a bit too weak. Will make it a bit better (at least 50% in the next update)

4 hours ago, Nils277 said:

You might be right that the lab is a bit too weak. Will make it a bit better (at least 50% in the next update)

I had that same thought after landing a base on Moho and filling it up with science, only to be generating .05 science a day?

Even 25% would make sense.

23 hours ago, Nils277 said:

@Nud Also had two crafts quite similar to yours on the Mun but the error did not occur. The save file would be very helpful if the bug still persists on your expanded base. I doubt i would be able to find the error otherwise. 

Oh and one question i totally forgot about: What other mods do you have installed?

Hey @Nils277, i was checking again for the bug and it seems to be vanished, i do have a quite sum of mods and have been updating them lately not sure what worked, but thanks for helpin, *flies away*

Another bugfix uptate to 1.3.1. There occurred some more or less critical bugs i wanted to fix as soon as possible.

Changelog:

Enhancements:

• The Laboratory in the Central Hub now works with 40% speed not less than 1% of the stock Lab.
  • The filter for the mod-category is now also available when the function filter is enabled
  • Updated KSPEdia entries for the Configuration

Mod Support:

• Enhanced JSIATP support for the CRY-5000 for DeepFreeze

Bug Fixes:

• Added missing Keepfit configs to parts (Freezer and Garage adapter). This time for real.
  • Fixed weird artifact for the JSIATP support for the Habitat MK1
  • Fixed flickering windows from the parts in VAB/SPH when JSIATP is active

Download:

Really hope it gets a little calmer in the next time with updates. :wink:

PS.: Thanks @Nud for the heads-up on the bug. Good to hear the problem is sloved!

Edited by Nils277

Great Mod but I have one (well two in one) questions.

With TAClifesupport, has the K&K Elektron container ever worked? Prior to KSP 1.2, it has never split the water into hydrogen and oxygen. The fuel cell works fine but due to limited hydrogen, it doesn't work for long and at the time there was no hydrogen container. Thus, the need to split the water with the Elektron but it has not worked for me.

With 1.2, there is no input/outputs seen in the VAB, (usually there is the consumption and output rates), but in the next to latest version of KPBS (1.3.0) it remains blank. The same issue with the Carbon extractor container.

I usually use it in conjunction with the Karbonite mod (to get the water) and a ton of other mods, but in this case, I have stripped it down to KPBS and TAC-LS and it still doesn't work. Going through the KPBS lifesupport .cfg files, it seems that TAC-LS is supposed to be supported for the Elektron and Carbon extractor.

Addendum: K&K Greenhouse is also not working. Using TAC-LS. Worked fine in KSP 1.1.3. Noted that the oxygen consumption did not match the Excel spreadsheet theoretical values.

Addendum2: Comparing with what is working (planetary greenhouse and mk3 command module/centre), it looks like the input/output resource formats have changed and the TAC (possibly others) format for the inputs/outputs have not been updated.

Regards.

Edited by ethambutol
Addendum x2

@ethambutol i know that the support for TAC-LS did not work before version 1.3.0. But for all i know this should be fixed.

Can you try this out with the latest version of TAC-LS and KPBS and remove the folders of both mods before installing the new ones?

Oh and welcome to the forums :) 

Edited by Nils277

6 hours ago, Nils277 said:

@ethambutol i know that the support for TAC-LS did not work before version 1.3.0. But for all i know this should be fixed.

Can you try this out with the latest version of TAC-LS and KPBS and remove the folders of both mods before installing the new ones?

Oh and welcome to the forums :) 

Ah cool. Noted the fixes in 1.3.0's changelog. Probably still running 1.1.6 / mishmash 1.3.0 - the result of chuck and overwrite old mods for so many, many mods...:confused:

Following your advice, from some quick testing, it now all appears to work as intended. Will watch if anything else is broken as I go along. Thanks.

And now for the messy part: updating doing housekeeping the Kerbal Space Station and the Munar Base from KSP 1.1.3 to 1.2... Spent too long building them just to discard.

PS you know you have a problem when you spreadsheet the figures just to calculate exactly how many modules you need to support your Kerbals.

Edited by ethambutol
Addendum

Nils just want to thank you for your great work. As you well know this is one of my favorite mods ( a must have in my top 3) although I am still waiting for the ice Kream rover...:cool:, seriously though thanks for making this game go from extraordinary to epic

3 hours ago, Rafael acevedo said:

Nils just want to thank you for your great work. As you well know this is one of my favorite mods ( a must have in my top 3) although I am still waiting for the ice Kream rover...:cool:, seriously though thanks for making this game go from extraordinary to epic

The rover is still not forgotten :wink: 

@Nils277 I think I noticed an error in the K&K Container Greenhouse TAC-LS production rates as the production rates does not tally with my spreadsheet values. You are missing a zero.

K&K Greenhouse (1.3.1) - Output resource Food is 0.0003441840277699824

K&K Greenhouse (1.x.x) - Output resource Food is 0.00003441840277699824 (the old figure in the spreadsheet derived from multipling some figures)

K&K Planetary (1.3.1) - Greenhouse production rate is 0.000103255208331

Pulled straight from the .cfg files (Container_Greenhouse and KPBS_MM_TAC_LS) so unless it's intentionally that the tiny greenhouse produces more than the big greenhouse (doubt it as you are getting more food out from less inputs - MAGIC!), there is a missing 0. For me it is an easy correction to make in the file: add 0 :D