[1.12.X] Kerbal Planetary Base Systems v1.6.15 [28. April 2022]

Nils277

3 hours ago, VaPaL said:

@Nils277 After the last update, I'm encoutering a MM error on Container_USILS_small.cfg. Just tested with the old version and everything went fine.

This is my mod list (note that KPBS isn't updated because I was testing with the last version):

Reveal hidden contents

KSP: 1.2.2 (Win64) - Unity: 5.4.0p4 - OS: Windows 10  (10.0.0) 64bit
000_AT_Utils - 1.4.2
Toolbar - 1.7.13
USI Tools - 0.8.16
B9 Part Switch - 1.7.1
Bon Voyage - 0.11.1
Chatterer - 0.9.92.1622
Community Category Kit - 1.2.2
Community Resource Pack - 0.6.6
CommunityTechTree - 3.0.3
Contract Configurator - 1.22.2
Contract Pack: Kerbal Academy - 1.1.6
Contract Pack: Bases and Stations - 3.5.3
Contract Pack: Sounding Rockets - 1.2
CryoEngines - 0.4.5
CustomBarnKit - 1.1.10
DMagic Orbital Science - 1.3.0.8
Contract Parser - 1.0.5
Contracts Window Plus - 1.0.7.3
Progress Parser - 1.0.6
EditorExtensionsRedux - 3.3.11.1
Firespitter - 7.5.1
GroundConstruction - 1.1.2.1
HeatControl - 0.3.4
Impact - 1.5
Kerbal Attachment System - 0.6.2
KerbalAtomics - 0.3.4
Kerbal Engineer Redux - 1.1.2.8
InlineBallutes - 1.2.7
Kerbal Inventory System - 1.4
Historian Extended - 1.2.7
KSP-AVC Plugin - 1.1.6.2
KSPRescuePodFix - 1.0.0.6
KWRocketryRedux - 3.0.24.1
ModularFlightIntegrator - 1.2.3
NearFutureElectrical - 0.8.4
NearFuturePropulsion - 0.8.4
NearFutureSolar - 0.7.2
Final Frontier - 1.2.7.3080
NRAP - 1.5.5.1
Outer Planets Mod - 2.0
Kerbal Planetary Base Systems - 1.4
PlanetShine - 0.2.5.2
RCS Build Aid - 0.9.1
RealChute - 1.4.1.2
RealPlume - Stock - 0.11.4
ReentryParticleEffect - 1.2.0.1
AmpYear - 1.4.6
DeepFreeze Continued... - 0.23.3
SCANsat - 1.1.6.11
Surface Mounted Stock-Alike Lights for Self-Illumination - 1.3.1
Stock Visual Terrain - 2.0.2
Kerbal Alarm Clock - 3.8.4
USI Core - 0.3.9
Konstruction - 0.1.11
USI-LS - 0.5.23
Malemute Rover - 0.2.7
MKS - 0.50.17
Sounding Rockets - 0.5.8
Universal Storage - 1.2.2
Waypoint Manager - 2.6.2
IVA Kerbal Identifier - 1.0.2
OSE Workshop - 1.0.8

If you need anything else to help you track the error, please let me know, and if I miss something on my part, sorry :/ 

Love this mod BTW, great work :) 

EDIT: There are some mods that KSP-AVC don't list:

Reveal hidden contents
Audio Muffler Redux
BoxSat
DeltaV Map KSPedia
Engine Lightning
Eve Optimized Engines
GravityTurn Continued
Hide Empty Tech Nodes (CTT)
Karibou Expedition Rover
Kerbalized Flag Pack
Kopernicus
MechJeb
Mini Sample Return Capsule
Minimum Ambient Lightining
Module Maneger
Orbital Utility Vehicle
Procedural Fairings
SmokeScreen
Solar Science
Station Science
Surface Experiments Pack
TextureReplacer
Windows Shine

I'm getting an error being found by Module Manager too, at loadup of KSP, for the file "Container_USILS_small.cfg". I compared it to other files and am wondering if the problem is with line number 19 says the following...

CoMOffset = -0.45, 0, 0

I'm wondering if it should be this...

CoMOffset = -0.45, -0.45, 0.0

The file is located in the following folder...

D:\Steam\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\PlanetaryBaseInc\ModSupport\Parts\LifeSupport

Hope this helps!

Thanks for the reports. Found and fixed the bug:

Honestly i have no idea why i have made such a weird change in the config of the small USI-LS container. I could have sworn to not having touched that file.

Update to 1.4.2

xAVkEvS.png

Bug Fixes:

• Fixed bug causing an error for Modulemanager when CTT is installed.

lDjPofR.png

qYx9XCm.png%5D

m2mGwCV.png

yF5F5Cc.png

Edit: Btw can someone tell me, why this post is so wide? It is even wider than my screen when i remove all content :/

Edited by Nils277

Hey @Nils277, Really enjoying your latest Extraplanetary Launchpads add on, I think its state of the art mate!

All seems to be working as to be expected, however I think there's still one small part that's missing to make it all complete :)

In order to make convenient use of the Recycler it would be great to have some additional ScrapMetal storage. The only storage at the moment is in the Smelter, but its only 200..

For now I created a quick and dirty one for myself;

cef903d77f2043a5a2b5a33c46855692.png

But it would be great if you could add a proper K&K approved one in the game for others to enjoy.

Okay, back to smelting MetalOre and baking RocketParts for me!

9 hours ago, WissyWassy said:

Hey @Nils277, Really enjoying your latest Extraplanetary Launchpads add on, I think its state of the art mate!

All seems to be working as to be expected, however I think there's still one small part that's missing to make it all complete :)

In order to make convenient use of the Recycler it would be great to have some additional ScrapMetal storage. The only storage at the moment is in the Smelter, but its only 200..

For now I created a quick and dirty one for myself;

cef903d77f2043a5a2b5a33c46855692.png

But it would be great if you could add a proper K&K approved one in the game for others to enjoy.

Okay, back to smelting MetalOre and baking RocketParts for me!

Thats a good idea. Will be added in the next update.

1 hour ago, Nils277 said:

Thats a good idea. Will be added in the next update.

Great, many thanks!

Next one is no biggy, but would you even want to consider making the storage parts expand (like the MK2 habitat or laboratory)?

Perhaps as an upgrade to be able to enlarge the storage from the existing 1000 to say 1500/2000 when landed.

I reckon that's more coding and modelling work and you most probably have many other things to take care of.. 

But I just wanted to put it out there, and hey, it would look awesome! :wink:

39 minutes ago, FellipeC said:

I need to ask something... I got rid of MKS entirely, keep just USI-LS, Planet Bases and Feline Rover.

What the water resource do with those mods?

At the moment, I believe the only thing with just those would be the Central Hub's water purifier, which is a high-end recycler for USI-LS.

On 3/7/2017 at 9:10 AM, WissyWassy said:

Great, many thanks!

Next one is no biggy, but would you even want to consider making the storage parts expand (like the MK2 habitat or laboratory)?

Perhaps as an upgrade to be able to enlarge the storage from the existing 1000 to say 1500/2000 when landed.

I reckon that's more coding and modelling work and you most probably have many other things to take care of.. 

But I just wanted to put it out there, and hey, it would look awesome! :wink:

I second this. Having things expand after launch/landing is a very realistic and useful thing that is both a present and future technology they will be researching for years. 

@Nils277 If I may I would like to suggest moving the K&K LV25 "Meerkat" Landing Assist from Aerospace Composites To Heavier Landing or something like it? I know it's a cheaper node, but, for me, it makes a little bit more sence than having a landing motor all the way down the aerodynamics branch.

I don't mean to be that guy that says how the autor must do its creation, it just feedback from a happy user :D

I manually change it normally tough :P

And once more, thanks for this awesome mod! :) 

Hey @Nils277, quick question for you: what causes a part to appear in the Planetary Base tab? Over on the MKS/KPBS Integration side, we noticed that the USI recycler (the big one) doesn't seem to appear in the Planetary Base tab. Snooping on the CCK dev thread, I saw that you mentioned that any part whose name began with KKAOSS but not KKAOSS_LS would show up there, but I know that things have changed post CCK.

1 hour ago, Merkov said:

Hey @Nils277, quick question for you: what causes a part to appear in the Planetary Base tab? Over on the MKS/KPBS Integration side, we noticed that the USI recycler (the big one) doesn't seem to appear in the Planetary Base tab. Snooping on the CCK dev thread, I saw that you mentioned that any part whose name began with KKAOSS but not KKAOSS_LS would show up there, but I know that things have changed post CCK.

It is still the same. The filter still works with KKAOSS and KKAOSS_LS. The only difference is, that it is inactive as soon as CCK is installed. Then you also need the cck-lifesupport tag.

Just now, Nils277 said:

It is still the same. The filter still works with KKAOSS and KKAOSS_LS. The only difference is, that it is inactive as soon as CCK is installed. Then you also need the cck-lifesupport tag.

Hmm... Then I've managed to confuse myself. Even when CCK is installed, there is a KPBS tab that appears when you open the advanced filters tab. the K&K USI Recycler's name starts with KKAOSS (not KKAOSS_LS) but I can't seem to make it show up there.

1 hour ago, Merkov said:

Hmm... Then I've managed to confuse myself. Even when CCK is installed, there is a KPBS tab that appears when you open the advanced filters tab. the K&K USI Recycler's name starts with KKAOSS (not KKAOSS_LS) but I can't seem to make it show up there.

The KKAOSS_LS is only ignored for the KPBS filter that is shown in the "Filter by Category" filter (if activated) to avoid the part from being in both filter (KPBS and Life Support).
My guess it that the Recycler starts with KKAOSS (not KKAOSS_LS) but does not have a catagory (e.g. category = none). The parts must either have a name starting with KKAOSS_LS for life support or a valid category to be shown in the advanced filters tab.

13 minutes ago, Merkov said:

Hmm... Ideally then it would have a name starting with KKAOSS_LS, since it is purely a Life Support part, but changing the name would have unfortunate effects for anyone who is currently using that part...

Hmm, this is my mistake then, sorry. Difficult...i think the only way to not break too much is that i change the plugin to add this part to the LS category too (by its exact name). 

22 minutes ago, Nils277 said:

Hmm, this is my mistake then, sorry. Difficult...i think the only way to not break too much is that i change the plugin to add this part to the LS category too (by its exact name). 

Yeah, I was afraid of that. The only alternative I can think of is soft deprecating the part and introducing a new one, but I'm not sure if that's really any better.

5 hours ago, Nils277 said:

3 hours ago, Nils277 said:

Wait, something just occurred to me: this part only appears if USI-LS is installed. Both USI-LS and KPBS bundle CCK (for good reason, since both have LS parts). If we add the cck-lifesupport tag, will that make it appear everywhere it's supposed to, or will it still not show up in the advanced tab?

22 minutes ago, Merkov said:

Wait, something just occurred to me: this part only appears if USI-LS is installed. Both USI-LS and KPBS bundle CCK (for good reason, since both have LS parts). If we add the cck-lifesupport tag, will that make it appear everywhere it's supposed to, or will it still not show up in the advanced tab?

It will (and does) show up in the CCK life-support tab - but not the KPBS one.  I have both.

Here's the base I built using this Mod the other night. I'd just like to say thanks to the author as these pieces are awesome, makes base building much better. 

sbUMg25.jpg

4rkRzpj.jpg3KDcNtf.jpg

full construction:

Part 1 : https://imgur.com/gallery/NQhGX

Part 2 : https://imgur.com/gallery/EbG7I

(I'm sure there used to be a button to embed the imgur album on these forums but it seems to have disappeared)

It seems that the current config is broken with respects to smelting, rocket part manufacturing, and Extraplanetary Launchpads. Specifically, there are no buttons showing up for smelt or any of the other "manufacturing" functions when parts are clicked.

This is with KPBS 1.4.2 running on a Mac under KSP build 1622, with current KIS, KAS, and EL from project GitHub releases.

Having never had the mods working the past with EL, I can't say for sure what I am supposed to be seeing, but with power, engineers, workshop, etc. all in place, the smelter does nothing with metal ore and it all goes downhill from there. All other KPBS functions seem OK (open/close base parts, etc.) so it seems to be borked with the EL functions only. But right-clicking on modules just shows resource levels with no other buttons or controls showing.

Is this a known problem with a work-around? Happy to help debug if not.

1 hour ago, cshotton said:

It seems that the current config is broken with respects to smelting, rocket part manufacturing, and Extraplanetary Launchpads. Specifically, there are no buttons showing up for smelt or any of the other "manufacturing" functions when parts are clicked.

This is with KPBS 1.4.2 running on a Mac under KSP build 1622, with current KIS, KAS, and EL from project GitHub releases.

Having never had the mods working the past with EL, I can't say for sure what I am supposed to be seeing, but with power, engineers, workshop, etc. all in place, the smelter does nothing with metal ore and it all goes downhill from there. All other KPBS functions seem OK (open/close base parts, etc.) so it seems to be borked with the EL functions only. But right-clicking on modules just shows resource levels with no other buttons or controls showing.

Is this a known problem with a work-around? Happy to help debug if not.

This is not known yet. I need a log file to see what goes wrong there. But the parts only use the modules that EPL provides. Is KSP build 1622 the new prerelease? I'm not at home at the moment and can't check any of this for the next few days.

Edited by Nils277