[1.12.X] Kerbal Planetary Base Systems v1.6.15 [28. April 2022]

Nils277

43 minutes ago, DStaal said:

Probably mostly because they are designed around the size of a Kerbal, so making them larger or smaller wouldn't make much sense...

Well, larger, yes. More space inside. Smaller?? Depends on the parts, imo. 

2 minutes ago, Calvin_Maclure said:

Well, larger, yes. More space inside. Smaller?? Depends on the parts, imo. 

Even for larger - because of the design of most of them, as simply scaling it up just leads to empty unusable space - the only logical scaling for most would be to scale length only, and only in set chucks.  Which tweakscale can't do as far as I understand - and even if it could, would completely mess up the models.  Basically, what you'd be talking about is welding the parts together with itself.  Get the welding mod for that.  :wink:

Think about it: If you go down to your local trailer park, and were to double the size of one of the trailers, would the result be a usable living space?  (Note I'm not talking about doing any redesigning - just scaling up one individual trailer.)

3 minutes ago, DStaal said:

Even for larger - because of the design of most of them, as simply scaling it up just leads to empty unusable space - the only logical scaling for most would be to scale length only, and only in set chucks.  Which tweakscale can't do as far as I understand - and even if it could, would completely mess up the models.  Basically, what you'd be talking about is welding the parts together with itself.  Get the welding mod for that.  :wink:

Think about it: If you go down to your local trailer park, and were to double the size of one of the trailers, would the result be a usable living space?  (Note I'm not talking about doing any redesigning - just scaling up one individual trailer.)

Garage components resizing, for example, would be great. Hab stuff, not so much, and I completely understand the rational. And you're right, Tweakscale does not (unfortunately) give you the choice of which dimension you want to resize. 

16 hours ago, Dr. Jet said:

BTW, current tags are awful. Aero, aircraft, capsule... for parts that are neither one of those... I'll abstain from localizing tags for now.

Yeah you are right :wink: Will have to change them to be more sensible in the future.

16 hours ago, Calvin_Maclure said:

Quick question, why are none of the K&K items compatible with Tweakscale? Just curious... 

I think the reasons were already mentioned. They is a patch for tweakscale as pull requenst on GitHub, but i did not merge it yet because of the crewed parts.

5 hours ago, mLeiska said:

My game gets stuck loading: PlanetaryBaseInc/BaseSystem/Parts/Resources/Drill_g/KKAOSS_drill

Please help!

Are you sure that KPBS and all your other mods are compatible with the exact version of KSP you are using.
for KPBS you need version 1.4.4 or 1.4.3 for KSP 1.3 and version 1.4.2 or below for KSP 1.2.2.

If this does not help, i need the KSP.log file from your KSP directory (the one located in the same folder as the KSP executable)

And a little note here. My current mods are: KIS, KAS, B9, Quantum struts and hyper edit.

Edit: I removed Quantum struts and the game runs fine...except i cannot change the parts page after selecting the starting part...

Edit Edit: I downgraded my module manager from 2.8.0 to 2.7.5 and everything works like normal now.

:D

Edited by mLeiska

2 hours ago, BenDJaminUt said:

Can I help you translating? :D

Doubt that. I translate as fast as i can type - almost finished non-mod-compatibility parts for now. But you can surely check my translation for bugs and misreadings with official Squad localization afterwards. 

BTW, found another bug.

#LOC_KPBS.garagesize3.sizes = Size 3,MK3

It won't work like that. Firstly, proper syntax is "size3" without a space. Secondly, it is pre-defined stock tag and should not be localized. Ever.

1 minute ago, Dr. Jet said:

Doubt that. I translate as fast as i can type - almost finished non-mod-compatibility parts for now. But you can surely check my translation for bugs and misreadings with official Squad localization afterwards. 

BTW, found another bug.

It won't work like that. Firstly, proper syntax is "size3" without a space. Secondly, it is pre-defined stock tag and should not be localized. Ever.

Ok then... where i can check it? 
P.s: why we still talking English?

22 minutes ago, Dr. Jet said:

[SNIP]

BTW, found another bug.

It is actually not a bug and is correct in its context because it is not for the bulkheadProfiles field. It is for the model switch of the Garage Adapter to Size3 or MK3. These texts are only displayed to the user in the right click menu to show between which models the user can switch. They should have the russian names used by KSP for the two profiles. 

Edited by Nils277

First commit in fork - https://github.com/doktorjet/KerbalPlanetaryBaseSystems/tree/master/Translation

All non-mod-compatibility parts are localized. Should I make a pull-request now? Or is it better to wait till I finish the whole translation (likely this weekend)?

P.S. "Посадочные ноги" вместо "посадочных опор" - это классика. Причём не только литературная, но и экранизированная. Я на этом настаиваю! :wink:

Edited by Dr. Jet

On 7.6.2017 at 7:50 PM, Dr. Jet said:

First commit in fork - https://github.com/doktorjet/KerbalPlanetaryBaseSystems/tree/master/Translation

All non-mod-compatibility parts are localized. Should I make a pull-request now? Or is it better to wait till I finish the whole translation (likely this weekend)?

P.S. "Посадочные ноги" вместо "посадочных опор" - это классика. Причём не только литературная, но и экранизированная. Я на этом настаиваю! :wink:

I think when all is done is better :wink: 

Edited by Nils277

I know this came up in the past, and I was pretty certain it was fixed, but despite my KPBS_config.cfg file looking like this:

KPBSConfig
{
	showModCategory = False
	separateFunctionFilter = True
}

The planetary base parts are not showing up under their own category filter in the parts menu. Am I misunderstanding something fundamentally here, or is it just a bug?

7 hours ago, Kerbart said:

I know this came up in the past, and I was pretty certain it was fixed, but despite my KPBS_config.cfg file looking like this:

KPBSConfig
{
	showModCategory = False
	separateFunctionFilter = True
}

The planetary base parts are not showing up under their own category filter in the parts menu. Am I misunderstanding something fundamentally here, or is it just a bug?

Take a look at the settings while in game. The function to turn this on and off was added there. The field in the config is just there for legacy purposes and does not change anything :wink: 

Update to 1.4.5

Changelog

Enhancements:

• The KSPEdia entries are now locaized automatically

Localization:

• Added localization for russian mFRcn0a.png. Thanks to @Dr. Jet

Bug Fixes:

• Fixed some typos and inacurracies in the english texts

Download

qYx9XCm.png%5D m2mGwCV.png yF5F5Cc.png

Special thanks to @Dr. Jet for not only translating into russian, but also for pointing out errors and inaccuracies in the english version!

Important: Before installing this update, remove the old version of this mod from the GameData folder. Otherwise you might have multiple KSPedia entries for this mod.

Edited by Nils277

9 hours ago, Nils277 said:

Take a look at the settings while in game. The function to turn this on and off was added there. The field in the config is just there for legacy purposes and does not change anything :wink: 

Hahaha, that sounds like me doing it totally wrong. I will check it out. Thank you for your patience and politeness, and of course for the wonderful work in providing my Kerbals with some sleeping comfort away from home!

5 hours ago, Acea said:

Added Chinese translations to Github branch, waiting for approval.

Very cool, thanks! One maybe stupid question. When I add the texts to the KSPedia pages, are there rules where I can or can't make line breaks in the texts?

Just now, Nils277 said:

Very cool, thanks! One maybe stupid question. When I add the texts to the KSPedia pages, are there rules where I can or can't make line breaks in the texts?

AFAIK it's up to your actual display results, a line break should be okay anywhere.