[1.12.X] Kerbal Planetary Base Systems v1.6.15 [28. April 2022]

Nils277

On 10.07.2017 at 9:43 AM, Nils277 said:

@sananeabim You can download the changed plugin from here: PlanetarySurfaceStructures.dll 

You have to put it into the GameData/PlanetaryBaseInc/BaseSystem/Plugins folder and replace the dll that is in this folder.

Had to leave town for a few days, I just got back. Tried it, and voila! It worked..

You are a genius dude. Seriously. Big thanks!

On 6/24/2017 at 7:13 PM, Nils277 said:

Already have a rough sketch for a "real" OSE-Workshop that will be added. But i will wait with that until it is updated to 1.3.

@Nils277, well... :)

Edited by Horus

Hello!

I'm having some issues with the mod I think. I've been searching for a bit but I can't seem to figure it out. I have a base on Duna, and I have the K&K air filter on and it's activated and CO2 Harvester har started. It's getting a 5% load but 0.000000/s CO2 harvested. It just does not seem right to me, i know atmo is real thin but there should still be like 0.004/s or something.

I am using it with only TAC-LS and deep freeze mods, at least in regards to life support.

Best regards,
Bishiba

On 17.7.2017 at 7:26 PM, Bishiba said:

Hello!

I'm having some issues with the mod I think. I've been searching for a bit but I can't seem to figure it out. I have a base on Duna, and I have the K&K air filter on and it's activated and CO2 Harvester har started. It's getting a 5% load but 0.000000/s CO2 harvested. It just does not seem right to me, i know atmo is real thin but there should still be like 0.004/s or something.

I am using it with only TAC-LS and deep freeze mods, at least in regards to life support.

Best regards,
Bishiba

Hmm...Just looked at the configs again and this seems really weird. I will start a small vessel and take it to duna to see what is happening. Maybe i can find out what is happening. Are your CO2 tanks full?

@Bishiba Just tried this out and for me the CO2 Harvester works as intended. Also i can't really see the reason for the 5% load. For me the Harvester started at around 75% on duna. What version of KPBS do you have? There was a version some time ago where the efficiency of the convertes and harvesters depended on whether there are engineer on board and how skilled they are. This is not the case for the latest versions though.

@Nils277 Maybe relevant. This assume the CO2 presence on Duna atmosphere is from the CRP definition. Looking at it here, the presence chance is 100%. That will be scaled by difficulty settings (the 'resource abundance' slider in advanced difficulty settings). So people playing above normal difficulty (or tests conducted above normal difficulty anyway) will have some chance of having no CO2 in the atmosphere of Duna. This could be the issue here. If that's the case, a solution may be to set presence chance to 1000% for atmospheric resources, to compensate for the minimal resource abundance slider value possible (0.1). That way all players are guaranteed to have CO2 in Duna atmosphere irregardless of their difficulty settings.

1 hour ago, ShotgunNinja said:

@Nils277 Maybe relevant. This assume the CO2 presence on Duna atmosphere is from the CRP definition. Looking at it here, the presence chance is 100%. That will be scaled by difficulty settings (the 'resource abundance' slider in advanced difficulty settings). So people playing above normal difficulty (or tests conducted above normal difficulty anyway) will have some chance of having no CO2 in the atmosphere of Duna. This could be the issue here. If that's the case, a solution may be to set presence chance to 1000% for atmospheric resources, to compensate for the minimal resource abundance slider value possible (0.1). That way all players are guaranteed to have CO2 in Duna atmosphere irregardless of their difficulty settings.

That might be the case of course! To be honest i have never had a very close look at the difficulty settings and did not see this setting. @Bishiba do you have a higher difficulty setting for your game? 

hello!

I am a China's gamer, I eagerly hope it can be translated into Chinese,i suppose  i can translate that text,and I've seen someone translate a part of it,~~  How can I help you :) 

Hmm...    I tried to continue translating some of it,about 20 percent~~

Edited by q654517651

14 hours ago, q654517651 said:

hello!

I am a China's gamer, I eagerly hope it can be translated into Chinese,i suppose  i can translate that text,and I've seen someone translate a part of it,~~  How can I help you :) 

Hmm...    I tried to continue translating some of it,about 20 percent~~

Hi,

thanks, this is really cool! :)

Can you talk @vosskftw? He is also working on the Chinese translation and has already made some changes which are not in my Github repository yet. Would be cool when you can sync with each other to avoid multiple translations of the same text. 

6 hours ago, Nils277 said:

Hi,

thanks, this is really cool! :)

Can you talk @vosskftw? He is also working on the Chinese translation and has already made some changes which are not in my Github repository yet. Would be cool when you can sync with each other to avoid multiple translations of the same text. 

Okay, I will contact him and check our progress  :D

Hey @Nils277, I had a search to see if anyone else suggested this, but couldnt find anything so here goes...

2Xb5iNa.jpg

Whilst i love the central hub (when you first made it, it made such a difference to the pack), if you're ever going to add parts, take suggestions for parts or go over old ones, i'd like to throw in my idea for making a x3 version of the central hub itself.

At present its great for x2 (capping off two ends ofcourse) and x4, but i find i really like making x3 bases, because of the extra space you have to expand out into, and it makes the overall base look less rigid and more visually interesting. Like i say, its just the one idea that keeps popping into my head when i play with your pack, and if thats the only thing, then i think that says a lot about how well crafted you made all this stuff to begin with :)

Anyway, keep up the great work on the mod! It's always been my go-to for establishing outposts on planets :)

Edited by Stevie_D

4 hours ago, q654517651 said:

@Nils277  I tried to contact vosskftw,But there was no reply,so  I tried to continue translating and almost completed,,

https://github.com/q654517651/KerbalPlanetaryBaseSystems/blob/patch-1/Translation/zh-cn.cfg  You can see my work here

and this is my first time to do this,if i have some mistake,I will try to correct it.:D

Very cool! Hope @vosskftw did not make too much that won't be used :wink: 
You can make a pull request when you are done (or wait a few days for an answer of @vosskftw, he has not been in the forum since wednesday). I won't be able to make anything for KPBS for at least 2 weeks from now because i'm going on vacation tomorrow morning :wink: 

@Stevie_D I'm really glad you like KPBS. Will put it on the list of potential new parts, but there are a few other things i want to add first to KPBS and FUR. We'll see afterwards :wink: 

Edited by Nils277

Not sure what is causing this, but I noticed that when I'm building a craft in the VAB everything works fine.. until I add a greenhouse. The moment I click the greenhouse in the part menu my FPS drops down to a stuttering mess. Playable, but quite annoying. Discard the greenhouse, and it goes back to the normal smooth FPS.

When loaded onto the launchpad it's better, somewhat. The difference between having a greenhouse and not is noticeable but not quite cringe-worthy.

I've a pretty powerful PC (it's set up to run a Vive), and it normally handles KSP just fine.. so I can't help but think something must be wrong with this particular part.

Edit: Just to be clear, it's the planetary greenhouse I'm having trouble with. The little greenhouse container (and kerbalism's greenhouse) work just fine.

Edit 2: Oddly, today the part seems to be working fine. Nothing changed, so I'm not sure what was causing the problem before. In fact, where before it was causing massive lag as the only part loaded.. now I've got it sitting on a 2 million ton 146 part rocket with no problems at all. Though, now that I think about it I did change one thing (not that it's necessarily related). I disabled Kerbalism's part failure module because I got sick of pieces I couldn't possibly replace on my station having critical failures (or high quality solar panels that are supposed to last 20 years failing en route to minmus).

Edited by Enorats

Alright, I'm new to KSP and this is my first mod... So bear with me if im doing something stupid.

• I downloaded the files per instructions, the parts dont show up (version 1.3)
  • I looked at the file structure to make sure it was correct, everything looks to be in order minus the fact that there is a "localization" folder included in the download that according to the instructions shouldn't be there.
  • I tried deleting the file so that the file structure matches the instructions exactly, but then when i open KSP none of the buttons work.

Sorry if someone has solved this problem previously but i didnt see it when i skimmed the forum.

Edited by Parcival

10 hours ago, Parcival said:

Alright, I'm new to KSP and this is my first mod... So bear with me if im doing something stupid.

• I downloaded the files per instructions, the parts dont show up (version 1.3)
  • I looked at the file structure to make sure it was correct, everything looks to be in order minus the fact that there is a "localization" folder included in the download that according to the instructions shouldn't be there.
  • I tried deleting the file so that the file structure matches the instructions exactly, but then when i open KSP none of the buttons work.

Sorry if someone has solved this problem previously but i didnt see it when i skimmed the forum.

Welcome to the forums! Also welcome to modding KSP! You've picked a great parts pack to be your first. 

To start figuring this out, would you be able to post a screenshot of your GameData folder? Last I checked, the forum doesn't let you insert images, so you might have to upload your screenshot to Imgur or something like that then post the link. Seeing you GameData folder is a quick way to rule out most common install errors and other weirdness. Also, can you confirm which version of KPBS you're using? 

Finally, since you mentioned this is your first mod, do you have Module Manager installed? Parts mods don't always need it, but since KPBS comes with/integrates with Community Category Kit, I'm pretty sure it will be needed. That shouldn't stop all of your parts from appearing, but it's still in your best interests to grab it.

Also: Deleting part of the download and then having things not work has an obvious next try: Put back in what was deleted.  Most mods don't include things randomly - there's a reason why the files/folders are there.  (Though some can be optional or removable depending on your configuration.)

@Parcival I would need a screenshot of your GameData folder as well as the content of the Mods folder to see what is wrong. The localization folder was added with one of the last updates and should not be removed. Will update the description.

Question to everyone: Is there something I do differently in KPBS and FUR compared to other mods? There are a lot Questions about the missing parts due to problems with the installation.

8 hours ago, Nils277 said:

Question to everyone: Is there something I do differently in KPBS and FUR compared to other mods? There are a lot Questions about the missing parts due to problems with the installation.

Not that I'm aware of.  I've never had any issues with manually installing your mod, too many issues with CKAN for me to use it personally.  I've also played around with the files, checking life support configs and other things, and don't find anything odd about the directory structure.  Keep in mind that I am still using KSP 1.2.2 and a compatible KPBS version so I can't say if there were changes with 1.3 compatibility.

No issues with FUR either, though I find the tools location inside the Kerbtrotter folder interesting.  Most tools folders go direct into gamedata, this is likely because many modmakers with toolsets have multiple mods that use the same tools pack, but I prefer it in the mod folder so it gets updated with the mod without me tracking down multiple folders in gamedata to delete and replace.

Edited by overkill13

8 hours ago, Nils277 said:

@ParcivalQuestion to everyone: Is there something I do differently in KPBS and FUR compared to other mods? There are a lot Questions about the missing parts due to problems with the installation.

Please ignore the tag. Mobile forum troubles. 

To be fair, I see intall issues on plenty of threads, not just yours. 

The one thing I notice you seem to do differently than some others is the way your file structure is set up in KPBS with regards to having folders for different categories of parts. Lots of mods will only have one "Parts" folder, but you have a few, each located inside your various category folders. This shouldn't lead to install issues, but it is one difference.

3 minutes ago, Merkov said:

Lots of mods will only have one "Parts" folder, but you have a few, each located inside your various category folders.

Almost every mod I use has multiple folders for parts.  Some for different part categories, others for different vehicles within the mod itself.