[1.12.X] Kerbal Planetary Base Systems v1.6.15 [28. April 2022]

Nils277

29 minutes ago, Li0n said:

Hi Nils and thanks for the hard work.

I do have the frozen loading screen on "KKAOSS.Greenhouse.g". It appears to be a conflict with USI-LS and Pathfinder :

Planetay Base System (1.1.5) + USI-LS (0.5.0.0) = fine

Planetary Base System (1.1.5) + Pathfinder (1.2.3) = fine

Planetay Base System (1.1.5) + USI-LS (0.5.0.0) + Pathfinder (1.2.3) = freeze

Here is my log with the three mod (+ module manager (2.7.1)) : https://mega.nz/#!Us81SJLB!VQaAaAaUEmAe1zBzUSTd63pA_xaz3NbsTXJuU-UK418

Confirmed on my end

28 minutes ago, MKellerBR said:

@Nils277 Thx for update!

Can u Update it on CKAN index? Thx! :D

Just changed the supported version on SpaceDock. As the CKAN index is updated  automatically from SpaceDock this will take some time. I think it'll be listed on CKAN within the next 24 hours. So the only thing one can do is now waiting :P 

3 hours ago, Kobymaru said:

This used to be true way, way back in the day, but nowadays "Physicsless" parts still have drag. Pretty easy way to test, though!

Also, the definition of Physicsless has been getting more and more peculiar.

Thanks for the info! I can never keep track of what forces do and do not apply. I still like to re-watch an old Scott Manley video where he uses the (then) massless monopropellant engines with infinite fuel to achieve insane TWRs.

As I said earlier, I'll play with this some (though probably not until this weekend) and see how it works. My big concern is upfront is that it may require me to add a module to every single KPBS part if I want them all to be "balanceable" with bi- or tri-couplers, which would mean every part gets a new button that only has a relatively niche use. That and it would require something USI-y as a dependency for that function (though a :NEEDS would make the config optional, anyway).

Basically, this whole mission of mine might amount to nothing, but I will report back with findings!

Small bugfix update:

Changelog:

Enhancements:

• Addded instruction into the readme on how to remove the deprecated parts completely
  • Renamed "Life Support" filter to "KPBS Life Support" to prevent collisions with other LS mods

General:

• Moved deprecated wheel into the legacy folder

Bug Fixes:

• The life support parts are shown in the right filter again
  • Removed the deprecated parts from all filters where possible

Download:

MRispXN.pngcNJI52O.png rMKWvsX.png

@Merkov The already existing configs for e.g. USI-LS might be useful to see how this is done. They are located in GameData/PlanetaryBaseInc/ModSupport/Configs.
But you are right, that would have to be done for every part, which are 108 regular (including all LS parts) and 15 deprecated parts :wink: 

Edited by Nils277

Thanks @Nils277 for the update but I still can't load the game with Kerbal Planetary Base System + USI-LS + Pathfinder. The loading screen get stuck on "KKAOSS.Greenhouse.g", same as before.

Here is a log with Kerbal Planetary Base System (1.1.6), USI-LS (0.5.0.0), Pathfinder (1.2.3) and Module Manager (2.7.1) on a fresh install of KSP 1.2 x64 : https://mega.nz/#!Uw0ziAob!GHyVW-XJ9n4znilSE43zvw9plbw1V0GXtxK4Cm-tO7c

@Li0n The fix for that problem has to be done in Pathfinder. I'm pretty sure that @Angel-125 is already working on it. 

@RoverDude i think you don't have the right quote there  :wink: 

RD started an initiative to make a Community Category Kit to avoid redundant and conflicting custom categories. So in the future there will be only one "Life Support" tab and not one for each mod :) 

Edited by Nils277
Clarification

Central hub is an lab :)
This is fairly new, it has been refereed as an lab but it did not work before 1.2 for me. 
Make me thinking as it not as living space anymore. 
Hopefully tourist can still man the greenhouses, nice to get some use of them and its useful on long interplanetary missions returning home with an skeleton crew.

Issue Report

Hey  @Nils277, again amazed by your work. Some issues i found(1.2 both game and mod version) is: The ablator on the shield is way to weak compared to stock parts, it does not even survive Kerbin reentry from 80 km orbit with 60 km Periapsis, by 40 km the ablator is gone. Both the docking port and the corridor docking port setting 'enable staging'' does not work, meaning it does not show up in the staging menu. Tested with clean install 32 and 64 bit both in VAB and Spaceplane Hangar and the issue is still there. Let me know if you want the logfile and i will uppload it via dropbox. Recreate: Use the heatshield in any combination and reenter on kerbin or eve. Using even Apogee/Perigee 70/70 with a deorbit burn of 65km perigee destroys the heatshield at around 35-40 km height.

Cheers

Edited by FlyingKiwibird

1 hour ago, FlyingKiwibird said:

P.S how do i tag someones name correctly so that they are tagged in my post? Or maybe Nils has this setting turned off? (understands if that is the case, just want to learn :))

In my experience, luck. Sometimes typing the "@" will immediately make the drop down box of names appear. Sometimes I have to type a few letters before it appears. Sometimes it just won't appear at all. I have found that it seems to be more reliable on a PC than my phone, but it still varies. I blame Bill Kerman.

6 hours ago, FlyingKiwibird said:

Issue Report

Hey  @Nils277, again amazed by your work. Some issues i found(1.2 both game and mod version) is: The ablator on the shield is way to weak compared to stock parts, it does not even survive Kerbin reentry from 80 km orbit with 60 km Periapsis, by 40 km the ablator is gone. Both the docking port and the corridor docking port setting 'enable staging'' does not work, meaning it does not show up in the staging menu. Tested with clean install 32 and 64 bit both in VAB and Spaceplane Hangar and the issue is still there. Let me know if you want the logfile and i will uppload it via dropbox. Recreate: Use the heatshield in any combination and reenter on kerbin or eve. Using even Apogee/Perigee 70/70 with a deorbit burn of 65km perigee destroys the heatshield at around 35-40 km height.

Cheers

Hey FlyingKiwiBird

you are right, the Heatshield is way too weak. I think the settings of the stock ones changes in some update and therefore the one from KPBS got a lot weaker.
I'm not sure about the "enable staging" though. I don't see any option to enable/disable staging on any docking port (including stock ones). The weird thing is, i also don't see it on any of the decouplers and separators but i'm pretty sure to have this option at least seen on them.

Do you have to option to enable/disable staging?

Edited by Nils277

4 minutes ago, Nils277 said:

Hey FlyingKiwiBird

you are right, the Heatshield is way too weak. I think the settings of the stock ones changes in some update and therefore the one from KPBS got a lot weaker.
I'm not sure about the "enable staging" though. I don't see any option to enable/disable staging on any docking port (including stock ones). The weird thing is, i also don't see it on any of the decouplers and separators but i'm pretty sure to have this option at least seen on them.

Do you have to option to enable/disable staging?

stagingEnabled is a public bool inherited by any PartModule.
You can change it in the part config for the PartModule node.

Just now, JPLRepo said:

stagingEnabled is a public bool inherited by any PartModule.
You can change it in the part config for the PartModule node.

You are right, thought it was about something that can be changed in the VAB/SPH and not in tthe config. There aren't too many changing the configs of the files :wink:  

58 minutes ago, Nils277 said:

You are right, thought it was about something that can be changed in the VAB/SPH and not in tthe config. There aren't too many changing the configs of the files :wink:  

there are a few more fields you can put in the config file:
stagingEnableText is a string that will display in the part right click menu (PAW - Part Action Window)  

stagingToggleEnabledEditor is a bool - set to true the user can toggle staging in game in the editor for the part.

stagingToggleEnabledFlight is a bool - set to true the user can toggle staging in game in flight for the part.

Also don't forget to enable Advanced Tweakables in the Settings menu for the buttons to show up.

Edited by JPLRepo