[1.12.X] Kerbal Planetary Base Systems v1.6.15 [28. April 2022]

Nils277

6 hours ago, vossiewulf said:

I'm trying to deliver a couple extra pieces via my EL pad, it acts fine launching it at KSC, where I can put its gear down and drive it around with no issues at all. But when I build it via the EL pad I get no "separate" button, it just appears as part of the base, apparently attached to the launchpad. The main pod is an OKTO2 in between the viewing cupola and the Meerkat. It also shows up with no fuel or EC. Any suggestions here?

gYRHGmul.png

Dunno if you've done this step, but you have to hit finalize build and release on the EPL panel for it to become another craft.

On 19.9.2017 at 0:59 PM, TheDonatedSteak said:

I am having an issue having all my parts added from the mod. I have modmanager and have zero issues with KAS, KIS, and OPT. I don't have any of the gangways under structural, but everything else in the mod is showing up just fine. I was wondering if anyone else has seen this issue? 

Can you take a look at the custom filter for of the mod:

iDUJeXt.png

and look if the gangways (called corridors) are in the structutal tab there?
I would need the "KSP.log" file from KSPs main folder so see if something goes wrong while loading the parts.

On 19.9.2017 at 0:32 PM, KSPanier said:

I think the Airlock Midsection is missing the option for some lighting. It has a window, but no option to toggle the light inside it.

Will be fixed in the next update

2 hours ago, Nils277 said:

Can you take a look at the custom filter for of the mod:

iDUJeXt.png

and look if the gangways (called corridors) are in the structutal tab there?
I would need the "KSP.log" file from KSPs main folder so see if something goes wrong while loading the parts.

Will be fixed in the next update

Thanks for the quick reply, here is a pic of what I have in structural within custom parts and the KSP log. I'm trying to find out what is the easiest way to upload the entire log on the forum.  Pc2waMl.png

1 hour ago, TheDonatedSteak said:

Thanks for the quick reply, here is a pic of what I have in structural within custom parts and the KSP log. I'm trying to find out what is the easiest way to upload the entire log on the forum.  Pc2waMl.png

Weird. It also looks like you are missing some other things like the bi-coupler and the tri-coupler too.
What game mode are you playing? Have you unlocked the parts yet?

You can upload the data e.g. to Dropbox if you have it. Pastebin might also work. 

Edited by Nils277

19 hours ago, Nils277 said:

Weird. It also looks like you are missing some other things like the bi-coupler and the tri-coupler too.
What game mode are you playing? Have you unlocked the parts yet?

You can upload the data e.g. to Dropbox if you have it. Pastebin might also work. 

I embarrassed to even reply.. Definitely did not check the science tree, sorry for wasting your time lol

1 hour ago, Bluastrid said:

I've started using OSE Workshop and noticed the inline drill can't be used for dirt. Is that something you could add in a future release? That'd be much appreciated!

I wasn't aware that dirt is an OSE resource.  I mostly know it from MKS.

(And one of the things I need to work out for the next release of the MKS integration pack is to get the drills working for the MKS resources.)

Just now, DStaal said:

I wasn't aware that dirt is an OSE resource.  I mostly know it from MKS.

(And one of the things I need to work out for the next release of the MKS integration pack is to get the drills working for the MKS resources.)

Yeah, OSE uses "Ore --> MaterialKits" and "Dirt --> Rare & Exotic" to get resources from off-worlds.

6 hours ago, Mrtinb96 said:

Hey, 

is there a RO patch witch is working with TAC in 1.2.2?

:kiss:

There is currently no special patch for RO i know of yet. Unfortunately i have no clue how RO changes the balancing of the parts. This would be something that someone who is experienced with RO has to make.

1 hour ago, Bluastrid said:

Small bug I found : The K&K Workshop (OSE support) won't allow me to "favor" the big KIS Kontainers from USI, hence basically capping my production at 300L.

Hmm weird. Are you using the 'wireless' transfer between bases that is added by USI? Maybe @DStaal or @tsaven can have an answer to this?

Edited by Nils277

1 hour ago, Nils277 said:

There is currently no special patch for RO i know of yet. Unfortunately i have no clue how RO changes the balancing of the parts. This would be something that someone who is experienced with RO has to make.

Hmm weird. Are you using the 'wireless' transfer between bases that is added by USI? Maybe @DStaal or @tsaven can have an answer to this?

The kontainer is physically connected to the workshop by being surface-attached to a K&K baseplate right next to it.

1 hour ago, mrvice said:

How to get enriched uranium and depleted fuel?

MKS and Pathfinder both have resource paths to EU.  (Depleted fuel is a byproduct of using the reactor - again, both allow you to reprocess to get some more EU.)  I think KSP-I and NFE might have paths as well.

7 hours ago, Nils277 said:

The wireless transfer only works with resources, and doesn't apply to KIS.  This sounds like an issue to be raised in the Workshop thread, as I don't think anything here has special handling for it.

Though if it's attached via KIS-installed ports (which it sounds like), I've occasionally seen them 'drift off' and become disconnected.

6 hours ago, Bluastrid said:

The kontainer is physically connected to the workshop by being surface-attached to a K&K baseplate right next to it.

Workshop requires that the KIS container be part of the same vessel as the workshop. If you attached the K&K baseplate to the ground near your vessel then attached the MKS Kontainer to that then that is not part of the same vessel as far as KSP is concerned (easily testable - can you use the [ ] keys to switch between the workshop vessel and the Kontainer).

As far as I can see KPBS has no special handling for workshops but simply includes the OSE module into one of its parts. Therefore the K&K OSE Workshop part should not behave any differently (other than configured rates/efficiency) than the standard OSE Workshop part. A test vehicle I made with a K&K OSE Workshop directly attached to a 3.5m MKS Kontainer worked correctly.

Hi all,

I'm back to KSP after some time, re-starting a new save on 1.3.0.
Of course, with my list of favorite mods, including TAC-LS, remoteTech and KPBS.

But I can not find any clear information on KPBS anymore, what do I really need to establish a permanent base on planets with water? It seems the wiki has been taken down sadly. And the excel spreadsheet is a bit confusing for me.

Also, a thought I always had about KPBS, wich I doubt would be applied, but it does not hurt to propose:
IRL plants actually 'eat' rocks & minerals. This is how they populated earth and create all the plant organic materials present in our soils. If they could not 'eat' minerals, they would have had nothing to 'eat' when the first plants were born on earth. This all leads to KPBS: I think the the greenhouse (and the algae farm?) should create more materials from the same raw inputs. Of course, only a VERY slight augmentation. This would allow to create an excess of food VERY slowly. Currently, a permanent base with KPBS can 'only' sustain 6 kerbals (if core mechanics did not change this last year). But I think, realisticly, any RL permanent base on a planet would slowly be able to create more food then needed, allowing the colony to grow when needed, or to feed other missions (at least partially).
Again, this is just my thoughts, and I'm sure I could easily change the mod settings to make this change for myself. But I think a discussion about this logic could be interesting.

Fly safe!

@Garlik There is a spreadsheet in the OP of this thread. It contains the setups needed for TAC LS. 

I think the greenhouse does already produce a veeery little bit more than for 6 Kerbals. But only to prevent floating point errors to decrease the food amount and starve the base. I let that up for discussion of this should be increased a little bit more. 

21 hours ago, mrvice said:

Workshop bug after deploying 

https://imgur.com/a/FOZrL

Ok seems like it just stays there after spawning a second object the graphic glitch disappears. 

EDIT2: Nope visible again graphic glitch will remain on runway forever lol ^^

Oh, seems i forgot to put the iva into the right layer in unity. Do you have JSI Advanced transparent pods installed?